• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Genshin Impact |ST| Ver. 4.6: Father of the year! (Arlecchino and Ver. 4.6 Available Now!)

I wish I could still get into this. The horizontal treadmill this game puts you through is too much. I'd rather vertical progression TBH.
Do you mean content progression (leveling characters, doing stuff in the world etc) or actual exploration?

Do you mean content progression (leveling characters, doing stuff in the world etc) or actual exploration?
Exploration is fine. No I meant content progression. It's all horizontal. I have extremely powerful characters. I felt compelled to get some dendro heroes but now it's like...ok I have every element. They don't want to add an endgame besides the spiral abyss either apparently.

I'd argue exploration is really the only reason to play the game anymore for me. The worlds are fun and reminiscent of a puzzle/exploration you find in nintendo games. Curious if they added any complex labyrinth/dungeon type areas. There kinda were some in Sumeru.

I'm happy to announce that after over a year since I started playing, I have finally beat floor 12 of the abyss!

VER 4.2 DETAILS
k7oaw2waz3yb1.png

REDEEM CODES
VA97KJNF24UV
NTQP2KPEJMUH
9T96KJNE2LVM

BANNERS
F-Al7Y-bcAAgCgE

F-Al73KboAA0DoL

• Act 5 of the Fontaine Archon Quest
  • New Character Story Quest: Furina
  • New Area
    F-Aurs5XMAE-HzB

• New Overworld Boss (Furina Ascension Materials)
    F-AvnLKXIAAQa4r

• New Weekly Boss
    F-AvlhOWsAAzPYD

• MAIN EVENT: THELXIE'S FANTASTIC ADVENTURES (Free Freminet reward)
  • MINOR EVENTS:
    • Fungi Fun-tastic Fiesta
    • Graph adversarial Technology experiment
    • Ley Line Overflow

• QOL UPTADES
    • quick Start for Weekly Bosses
    • Returning Players Rewards
    • You can Now Choose whether to accept Character Story quest when unlocking them or not

Last edited:
The woman at the end of the trailer is confirmed to be
Skirk, Childe's master who dissapeared long ago
hrwfk32fk4yb1.jpg

She looks like she belongs in Honkai Impact. (hell, she even looks like a character from the manga).

I'll probably willtry to pull her. I like her design too much to skip it.

Everything about the demo just fits Furina so well.
Archon trailers always deliver and this is probably the most fun one.

The game awards nominees will be announced next monday. Genshin should get nominated, meaning we'll get 400 primogems. It's unlikely to win due to Honkai star Rail, so no extra 400

also here's a new code

EA8RWDMBVRTR

Last edited:
Dang, that trailer was fantastic. Her kit sounds a bit complicated for me but still very excited to pull for her. Permanent water walking is gonna be sweet.

My rolls went pretty well overall. I had to go to soft-pity for all my 5*s, but I won the 50/50 for Furina and her weapon. I also got Collei's final constellation and C1 Charlotte. Unfortunately, my luck ran out and I lost the 50/50 to Tighnari after trying to go for Furina's constellations. It's not that bad because I still have over 45 rolls left, and I'll have the whole patch to save more rolls before using my guarantee on Navia.

You love to see it
image.png

Damn, and especially to have this kind of luck on an archon's banner must feel pretty great. The last time this happened to me was like...two years ago lol

Managed to win the 50/50! First time this happens to me in Genshin. I was ready to farm Primogems before the end, glad I can now take things slowly. (No Charlotte tho, cmon)
F-YsHT0XYAAijJ6

My god! Congrats! how many pulls?
This was, shockingly, on my first 10 pull on my 50/50 with my starting pity in the single digits. Just tremendous luck

Done with the Archon Quest and Furina's story quest

Short spoiler-free thoughts: Easily the strongest final act out of all the Archon quests. it concluded beautifuly, tying everything together very well. the last 1.5 hours especially are outstanding. As for Furina, she is now my favourite archon no question.

Furina's Story quest is also great at exploring her character a bit more and also ended beautifuly.

As of now I still think the Sumeru Archon quest is overall better, due to Fontaine's act III & IV being weak, but Fontaine has the better cast of characters, with obviously Furina, Neuvillette and Navia being the standout characters. I still need some time to decide which one is better between the two.

Now for Spoilers
What Furina had to go through for 500 years is nothing short of tragic. Having to act like what people think a God should be an making sure no one doubts you every day for 500 years otherwise everyone will die is hard to do. The sequence where it shows what she did each day and the it jumps to day 18673 was honestly shocking. And the Scene where she cries without even realizing it almost made me tear up.The fact that she endured all that for 500 years made my respect for her increase drastically.

also shocking is that everything that was done by Traveler & co. to have Furina reveal the secret was already part of the prophecy, as well as the prohecy itself and the reason why Fontainians would melt in Primaordial sea water, because they are Oceanids given human form.

Melus and Silver remained chads until the end, A shame that we won't see them again.

I wish Arlecchino had more relevance in the story. Hopefully we see more of her before she releases.

New weekly boos is dissapointing. Visually it's great, but it's too easy. But my good the implications it presents are mindblowing. If the arena inside of it is the Sea of Quanta from Honkai impact I will scream. The connections to Honkai buld up by the quest.

I hoped Skirk would be a bit more relevant in the end, but I guess they don't want to reveal too much for a character set to release so far in the future.

Anyway, great Archon quest, Furina is the GOAT.

Now on to exploring the new region, I still need a ton of Mats to upgrade Furina to lv 90.

My Furina build is pretty ok now. I'll probably still farm for good artifacts to increase her HP and ER so I can use the BP weapon + good Fischl artifacts.
F-9vJuiWAAAmRnm

Mihoyo released that cutscene on youtube. Of course, if you haven't finished the latest AQ, don't watch it until you do. For those who finished it though, now you can watch it again in better quality.

Reminder, if you did the recent photography event, go back and talk to Lepine-Pauline to get the new lens that allows you to take pictures in domains.

Genshin won the playstation partner Grand award once again. 800 Primogems will be distributed over the next 4 days (200 every day)

I decided to jump back into this and start honkai star rail. Mihoyo games a nice pseudo mmo to play with theorycrafting always going on to keep you engaged. I don't think I could invest in FFXIV or WoW anymore. These games are easy to play along with the content schedule.

Multiple QoL features coming in 4.3
Hello, Travelers~

In Version 4.3, we will implement a series of system optimizations in the game. We will be introducing some of these in this Developers Discussion. Let's take a look together~

〓Archon Quest "Requiem of the Echoing Depths" Unlinked From World Quest〓

The Archon Quest "Requiem of the Echoing Depths" requires Travelers to head to The Chasm: Underground Mines, but this location will be locked until Travelers have completed the corresponding World Quest that allows them to enter and continue pursuing the Archon Quest.

To ensure that Travelers have a smoother experience with the Archon Quest, from Version 4.3 onwards, "The Chasm Delvers" quest series will no longer be prerequisites for this Archon Quest. When you reach the objective "Enter The Chasm: Underground Mines" in the Archon Quest "In the Depths, an Unexpected Reunion," a Teleport Waypoint will be automatically unlocked in The Chasm: Underground Mines so you can continue with the Archon Quest.

〓One-Click Features〓

▌Dispatching Characters on Expeditions

One-Click Expeditions will become available in Version 4.3. This will allow Travelers to claim Expedition Rewards with a single click, as well as repeat expeditions with a single click.

66bdb2a1da2c8788901073b064d619db_2198986982970846104.gif

(This is under development and is not indicative of the final product.)

▌Ingredient Processing and Forging Screens

Aside from expeditions, you will also be able to claim processed ingredients and forged items that have been completed with a single click in Version 4.3.

▌Mystic Offering

When performing Mystic Offerings at Crafting Benches, you'll now be able to add multiple Artifacts in batches with a single click.

In future versions, you'll also be able to claim created Furnishings from the Creation Screen in the Serenitea Pot with a single click.

〓Optimized Artifact Management〓

As the journey goes on, the number of Artifact Sets you can collect will continue to increase. To help Travelers quickly find and manage Artifacts, a significant optimization has been made to the Artifacts filter function.

Automatic Locking and Quick Unlock functions have been added to the Inventory > Artifacts screen. Travelers can use these to automatically lock and unlock Artifacts according to the requirements they set.

1ce5236086d23e36a35ca602d1050f7a_6570026534873849212.gif

b3bc3b36a932cc3a72b3ab7318edd873_2377893288307379056.gif

416cd274bb30417322c56cf7fe7936b1_2607251383379961508.gif

Additionally, as a reference to help Travelers when choosing Artifacts, recommended Artifact set information based on recently active players will now be shown on characters' Artifacts screens.

For more details about Artifact management optimizations, please stay tuned for future official descriptions.

〓Optimized Enhancement Screens〓

In the current version of the game, when Travelers level up characters or enhance Weapons and Artifacts, a pop-up appears showing how the corresponding values changed before and after enhancement. In Version 4.3, enhancement information will be integrated into the original screen instead. This will make the enhancement experience smoother for Travelers by getting rid of the frequent pop-ups.

Apart from integrating enhancement information, there will also be some small targeted optimizations on these screens:

▌Character Level-Up Screen

7bc6c92721215b2f2588d71735f82e34_4663616704035587527.gif

The speed of interface special effects related to leveling up characters has been increased, and you can now use Auto Add to add sufficient Character EXP Materials to get the character up to the highest level they can reach before Ascension with a single click.

▌Artifact Enhancement Screen

f34790d.png

Other optimizations:

1. You can now consume up to 15 items per time when enhancing Artifacts.

2. Added the "Enhance to Next Tier" function. Once activated, when there are still open slots to add Enhancement Materials but this action will already cause the Artifact to reach Level 4/8/12/16, no more additional Enhancement Materials will be automatically added.

3. In Settings > Other, you can choose whether or not 5-Star Artifacts can be auto-added as Enhancement Materials.

Combined with the Automatic Locking function mentioned above, we hope that these changes will make managing 5-star Artifacts more convenient for Travelers.

▌Weapon Enhancement Screen

f34790d.png

You can now consume up to 40 items per time when enhancing Weapons on, and select multiple materials when refining Weapons.

We hope that these optimizations make the enhancement experience smoother for Travelers.

〓Character Reload Spot When Challenging Domains Repeatedly〓

In Version 4.3, after entering the Domain or if you continue to challenge the Domain after claiming rewards, characters will reload nearer to the Domain challenge location. This means you won't have to run over from the Domain entrance to this location again.

f34790d.png

〓Other Optimizations〓

To improve your gaming experience, some other optimizations will be implemented in Version 4.3. These include:

1. The way enemy avatars display in Adventurer Handbook: Enemies will be adjusted to help you find them. Also, you can now select "Cancel Navigation" on this screen to stop navigating towards the corresponding enemy on the map.

525aca8eedeb3672b0b3ef3bebc80621_7061252724578228451.png

2. On the various creation screens (Crafting/Cooking/Forging/Create Furnishing), if there are no selected character records on the Traveler's device, the first character that can provide a bonus when creating the selected item will be chosen by default.

3. On the map screen, you'll now be able to check bosses' current remaining respawn times by clicking their avatars.

edb128cff9361220192a3273b08bf91c_8100117918734506365.png

And that's all for this Developers Discussion. We'll have more information about new version content and optimizations for you in the future, so please stay tuned for further official announcements. If you have any thoughts or feedback, feel free to send them to us through the various channels within and outside of the game~

Ver. 4.3 Information
GA0tlndWIAAF7QO

TRAILER

REDEEM CODES
  • RS99D5LVTM6V - Primogems ×100 + Mystic Enhancement Ore ×10
  • UBRQC4MCT4PZ - Primogems ×100 + Hero's Wit ×5
  • 8BQ9CMMVS5PM - Primogems ×100 + Mora ×50,000

4.3 BANNERS
GA0zjzLaIAAbOCd

GA0zj2Db0AAx0pA

EVENTS

- Alongside the other events, Liben will also return to give us additional Primogems and new info regarding Natlan

GA0ztXlaQAAl0ui

GA0ztYFbQAA-DAH

GA0ztYsa0AA5F_T

GA0ztY7aYAA7fg5

Last edited:
I wish Genshin did more skins because some of the designs they do for collabs (like this one) are simply incredible

Beta applications for 4.4 have started, so we should get the version's character drip marketing this week

Expected 5* is
Cloud Retainer

Damn. I'm probably going to have to skip out on Navia to get my Raiden to c2 along with her weapon but it's going to be hard after seeing her animations

Back
Top Bottom