• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Future Nintendo Hardware & Technology Speculation & Discussion |ST| (New Staff Post, Please read)

my "attempts" at making some ai mockups

I asked for Switch 2 gamebox with MH6 and GTA6, I got those instead.
OIG..HHNFr7KOhoy5g66LGBt
OIG.kBcXfGxLGBZNsENTM6aV

You can twist it however you want honestly lol. It can easily mean the switch 2 is releasing at least a year from now, and you’ll start seeing third party games released day and date then or soon after.

Or it could also mean that in one year we will see Switch 2 + current gen as a standard in the industry and we will be used to it by then

Basically nothing that we ignore, water is wet kinda tweet

Wait now y'all think the tweet is ambiguous or poorly worded? How are you reading any way other than "Games announced in 12-18 months will target all platforms"?
yeah. If we really wanna make some inferences, I’m thinking that devs aiming to release games within the next ~12 months probably didn’t have access to SNG dev kits early enough to consider a simultaneous Switch 2 release, whereas it might be a realistic possibility for games somewhat further out.

I certainly don’t think it has any bearing on the console release.

iXkQzN9.jpg

Quick and dirty idea of what it could look like
Indigo coloring.
Slightly larger banner which brings back the "Only For" branding and more room for the logo to display the 2.

There's a certian beauty to the big 3 systems rocking the red, blue and green, so I wouldnt mind if they kept to the red.

I do hope keep the same style of the box itself

Was looking up the Series S for a Series S vs. Switch 2 comparison and what the fuck.

It ships with 10 GB of RAM, with 8 GB running at 224 GB/s primarily to be used with the graphics system and the other 2 GB at 56 GB/s to be used for the other computing functions, and a 512 GB SSD storage unit with a raw input/output throughput of 2.4 GB/s.

Why did Microsoft make the RAM for this so shit. Never been more confident in Series S-Switch 2 multiplatform games.

I love Arlo's reaction content but spending so much time in this thread makes almost any YouTube video speculating on NG Switch painful to watch. Sort of like they say follow a wiki tutorial and not a video tutorial, because a video tutorial is always out of date. It never has the full picture in the way this thread has.

With that all said- I'm going to drop a like on this video but not watch it, but would appreciate if someone could summarise his thoughts for me.

With that all said- I'm going to drop a like on this video but not watch it, but would appreciate if someone could summarise his thoughts for me.
If I remember correctly, all he basically said was that it is clear new hardware is on the horizon given that Nintendo's output is now heavy on remasters/remakes/ports. That it is basically undeniable that they are preparing their next gen software slate.

Weird unrelated thing: Am I the only one that pronounces XeSS (Intel's DLSS/FSR competitor) as "ZSS"? I think it's because I'm a chemistry nerd and I see the letters "Xe", I think it's the the element symbol for Xenon, which is pronounced "zee-non".

Please refrain from posting AI generated art. - PixelKnight, Irene, BarelyAble
Dall-E 3 is insane. This is what AI thinks Metroid Prime 4 on the Nintendo Switch 2 will be:

IMG_0567.jpg

IMG_0564.jpg
IMG_0563.jpg

IMG_0565.jpg

Imagine if I posted “Metroid Prime 4 leaked concept art” with these images…

Dall-E 3 is insane. This is what AI thinks Metroid Prime 4 on the Nintendo Switch 2 will be:

IMG_0567.jpg

IMG_0564.jpg
IMG_0563.jpg

IMG_0565.jpg

AI jumpscare

IMG_0567.jpg

IMG_0564.jpg
IMG_0563.jpg

IMG_0565.jpg

Dalle doing more to hype us for prime 4 than retro studios themselves.

No retro photos of prime ribs don't get us hype for the game

Late 2024 it is then. Always made the most sense considering Nintendo have essentially shown their hand for this winter and next Spring leaving summer for the reveal and winter for release.

If they have 3D Mario and Mario Kart for the launch window it will be harder to find than Wii.

Late 2024 it is then. Always made the most sense considering Nintendo have essentially shown their hand for this winter and next Spring leaving summer for the reveal and winter for release.

If they have 3D Mario and Mario Kart for the launch window it will be harder to find than Wii.

Nothing has been confirmed.

What is the point of launching a console that will be hard to find/sold out in the holidays please ?

Dear Yuji Horii,

I’m waiting for DraQue 3 HD-2D and DraQue XII.
I am also waiting for Nintendo’s next console but we officially know nothing about it.
Could you just do what you did with DraQue XI and the « NX », please ?

Thx.

How late do you guys think switch 2 will leak? I believe the latest is February of 2024.

So we have a maximum of 5months of shadow.

I think Nintendo will soften a lot after this december. They want to have an explosive last December for Switch. I still believe we will see last second sales for many switch games this Christmas.

How late do you guys think switch 2 will leak? I believe the latest is February of 2024.

I think Nintendo will soften a lot after this december. They want to have an explosive last December for Switch. I still believe we will see last second sales for many switch games this Christmas.
I expect we don't make it past October without some major substantial leak.

Nintendo's forecast is that they will sell 11m Switches between July 2023 and Match 2024. They didn't raise their original forecast of 15m even after the release of TotK and the Switch selling 4m units in Q1. 11m across three quarters, one of which being the holiday, is not a very high number.

Obviously, any bundles and deals are part of an effort to sell as many Switches as they can this holiday -- the same as every holiday. But I don't see how this holiday is so critical or has such high expectations that it makes it impossible to have the (alleged) drop in sales from a new hardware announcement.

What is the point of launching a console that will be hard to find/sold out in the holidays please ?

The vast majority of console launches are now pointless…

There’s also the argument that it gives Nintendo more time to manufacture millions more units which was what Eurogamer originally indicated was an intention.

The point is to spend the first half of 2024 building up hardware stock to actually meet demand, as was originally reported by Eurogamer.

That's a non-sequitur with, at present, little backing (thankfully).
I mean, the second half of next year is what was reported by the reputable gaming news sites anyway.

Please read this new, consolidated staff post before posting.

Furthermore, according to this follow-up post, all off-topic chat will be moderated.
Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom