• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Future Nintendo Hardware & Technology Speculation & Discussion |ST| (New Staff Post, Please read)

And from what I recall, Nvidia implemented "double-speed FP16" into the Tegra X1's CUDA cores, packing 2-FP16 operations together (so long as they are the same operation). This was something not in their desktop Maxwell cards.

Anyways, the idea that Switch and Wii U are in the same generation, to me, is rather ridiculous. The thing that really differentiates it for me is the fact that at its core, the Switch is a portable, with a dock accessory that ultimately combines HDMI-out and charging into one to enable performance mode. Much like a laptop being used like a desktop.

Folks have tried claiming it from various angles how Wii U and Switch are in the same gen, but they all tend to fall flat imo.

Not a big-enough power jump from Wii U to Switch? Ignoring that Switch is a portable that's outperforming the Wii U in that regard, power has never been a factor. If it was, then this sort of thing would have been pushed at the time of the the Wii. But again, Switch outperforms the Wii U as a portable, so if power is supposed to be a factor, then why aren't we comparing between portables? Between 3DS and Switch?

Nintendo saying it was among PS4, XB1, etc.? What they said was it was current-gen alongside those. They never numbered it. In fact, I don't think any of the big 3 talk numbered generations (correct me if I'm wrong). They think of past, present, and future (last-gen, current-gen, and next-gen), and before Switch released, they mentioned the Switch as the next-gen Nintendo platform. Seriously though, the moment PS5 and Series released back in 2020, would anyone have thought that Nintendo would refer to the Switch as "last-gen" because those became current-gen, making PS4 and XB1 last-gen?

Because Wii U failed? There's precedence where that doesn't mean anything, and that is from Sega Saturn to Dreamcast. In practically every regard folks focused on (sales, lifecycle, etc.), what Wii U failed in, Saturn did worse, and yet, Dreamcast was deemed "next-gen" over it rather than a "same-gen" replacement.
Wii U and Switch were both generation 8 consoles, I'm not gonna downplay the Wii U in this scenario.

As for official numbering, Xbox does. If you open the "more info" tab on console with an Xbox game that's made for Xbox Series X|S, the "console ID" is XboxGen9.

Wii U and Switch were both generation 8 consoles, I'm not gonna downplay the Wii U in this scenario.

As for official numbering, Xbox does. If you open the "more info" tab on console with an Xbox game that's made for Xbox Series X|S, the "console ID" is XboxGen9.
The Wii U is 8th gen. Not hardware wise, but it clearly is a device that was released around the same year that the PS4 and Xbox One were, two gen 8 devices.

I've seen argument that the Switch is Gen 9 and I can somewhat understand that, but saying the Wii U isn't 8th gen is just odd.

The Wii U is 8th gen. Not hardware wise, but it clearly is a device that was released around the same year that the PS4 and Xbox One were, two gen 8 devices.

I've seen argument that the Switch is Gen 9 and I can somewhat understand that, but saying the Wii U isn't 8th gen is just odd.
I'd consider Nintendo Switch to be more like Gen 8.5, alongside Xbox One S|X and PS4 Pro. It came out BEFORE one of the Gen8 consoles, after all.

Switch OLED came out after PS5 and Xbox Series. Does that make them gen 8.5 too?

Wii U was gen 8. Switch, the successor to Wii U, is gen 9. There's nothing more to it.
The problem with that argument is that it doesn't really make much sense when you apply the Switch [REDACTED] to the conversation. Would you call the Switch's successor a 10th gen device?
It's not really that... logical imo. I saw the Switch more as a second attempt at the 8th gen by Nintendo. A Gen 8b device if you will.
Regardless, it's not really worth apply logic to this debate as it's just very strange as they come. I'll call the Switch a Gen 8 device simply because it was released between the PS4 and PS5 launches but closer aligns with the PS4 in terms of hardware.

This seems like a preference thing though.

Switch OLED came out after PS5 and Xbox Series. Does that make them gen 8.5 too?

Wii U was gen 8. Switch, the successor to Wii U, is gen 9. There's nothing more to it.
Xbox One X was an entirely new GPU with new features and far more cores. That's not comparable to OLED Model.

Wii U and Switch are both Gen 8 consoles in timing and broadly speaking, featureset, with Wii U being slightly behind, and Switch slightly ahead (but slower).

The problem with that argument is that it doesn't really make much sense when you apply the Switch [REDACTED] to the conversation. Would you call the Switch's successor a 10th gen device?
It's not really that... logical imo. I saw the Switch more as a second attempt at the 8th gen by Nintendo. A Gen 8b device if you will.
Regardless, it's not really worth apply logic to this debate as it's just very strange as they come. I'll call the Switch a Gen 8 device simply because it was released between the PS4 and PS5 launches but closer aligns with the PS4 in terms of hardware.

This seems like a preference thing though.
Yeah, Gen 8b isn't a bad descriptor. Gen 8 was messy for EVERYONE. PS4, Xbox One and Wii U were all "Gen 8.0", PS4 Pro, Xbox One X, and Nintendo Switch are all more 8.5/8b.

The only tidy generation we've had this century is maybe Gen 6, but then there's the question of if the Dreamcast counts when it's miles behind even the PS2. It's a second generation 3D console, but is it a 6th generation console? Who knows.

REDACTED again seems very much gen 9.5, slower than Gen 9 home consoles, but more features.

I've just watched the latest DF direct weekly, and in their chat about the recent ToTK gameplay footage, Richard comments (around 44m mark) " ... the image quality now suddenly looks like a switch game which I guess Occam's razor suggests that something is up with that prior footage ..." (referring to an earlier trailer which DF joked looked 'too big for Switch')

What do people think? In comparison to the latest gameplay, does the earlier trailer footage look like it could have been super-sampled?

Wasn't the water in Origami King pre-rendered? To me it looks to good to be running natively on the Switch hardware. I don't know if the entire cutscenes with water animated like this are pre-rendered, but afaik i wasn't able to notice video compression artifacts when i played the game at release. It's probably just the water that was pre-rendered similar to how it was done in that one cutscene near the beginning in Shadow of the Tomb Raider.
Usually in these cases, the physics are precomputed and saved as an animation.

If nintendo were to announce a Switch 2 Presentation for September just like the one from January 2017, what games would you realistically want to see?

My opinion of image quality based on the video is that its complete trash, significantly worse than BotW. That's why I know we cant read too much into the video because its is obviously just so badly compressed. Its not even like it looks low res, its reminds me more of games that used terrible versions of FXAA that completely smeared the image, making it very blurry.

I've just watched the latest DF direct weekly, and in their chat about the recent ToTK gameplay footage, Richard comments (around 44m mark) " ... the image quality now suddenly looks like a switch game which I guess Occam's razor suggests that something is up with that prior footage ..." (referring to an earlier trailer which DF joked looked 'too big for Switch')

What do people think? In comparison to the latest gameplay, does the earlier trailer footage look like it could have been super-sampled?

Yup, that was my first thought after the direct. The first trailer of gameplay where link was falling and running in yellowish terrain looked much more impressive that the gameplay we have seen recently

Earlier footage was running on SOMETHING. Not a switch though...

Could have been a PC, either offline or real-time render, or could have been on a souped-up switch devkit.

If it was running on some version of drake, then it probably wasn't final hardware at that point. could have been a drake devkit, who knows

I doubt Nintendo would release misleading trailer material on a stronger hardware. The former trailer barely showed the sky mechanic and the long distance view. I assume they teared down the overall graphics in favor to have to make it easier to spot the islands in the sky. I assume it was their target graphics before optimization, but all the underground and heaven mechanics likely cost too much for a constant framerate.
I have checked the previous trailer, there basically the sky and the normal ground are complete seperate worlds, most of the time seperated by clouds. You could argue they experimented with both methods. But definitely the trailer behaves quite different to the material we saw last week.

I doubt Nintendo would release misleading trailer material on a stronger hardware. The former trailer barely showed the sky mechanic and the long distance view. I assume they teared down the overall graphics in favor to have to make it easier to spot the islands in the sky. I assume it was their target graphics before optimization, but all the underground and heaven mechanics likely cost too much for a constant framerate.
I have checked the previous trailer, there basically the sky and the normal ground are complete seperate worlds, most of the time seperated by clouds. You could argue they experimented with both methods. But definitely the trailer behaves quite different to the material we saw last week.

Doesn't look like they are seperate worlds to me... looks more like they had to crank the cloud graphics down to make it run better on switch. What if the better clouds are only possible on drake, taking advantage of the better hardware?

I don't think the old trailers are so much better that it's suspect. maybe they run at peak resolution at all times, because it's off a pc, but nothing crazy

Honestly, less clouds (for playability? maybe it did not work with the increased drawdistance? whatever) and the 2 second shot on the island (i know that botw varied to a high degree in foliage and clarity depending on a lot of factors) is really not a great indicator of it running on something stronger.
Additionally, while the footage was clearly processed badly (either on recording, export, transcode, whatever) is rather obvious compared to the last trailer thats really not that old.
I was most impressed with the moment he was in free fall in the last footage, seeing how much the drawdistance / LoD was improved.

And if any of that footage was from the successor... then i would really be dissapointed if the difference would be this small... meaning it would not benefit them in either way, using "better footage to then have the backlash of switch users that they where lied to, while having the other argue that the improvements are not enough.

[...]
Current gen or next gen footage, It seems a bit irrelevant to me.
Is their a new SOMETHING* in development somewhere that will come out sooner than later? Absolutely.
Will Zelda TotK be playable on it somehow enhanced? Yes of course.

I feel like the only real question is: will you be able to wait until then to play that game?
I did it for Zelda :Skyward Sword and it was worth the wait, but I feel like it will be harder this time.

Last edited:
If nintendo were to announce a Switch 2 Presentation for September just like the one from January 2017, what games would you realistically want to see?
Tbh, I'd just be fine with anything that shows off the hardware in a good way. Idc if it's a Donkey Kong game, Xenoblade, Zelda, third-party like Elden Ring or Cyberpunk, or fucking a licensed Paw-Patrol game. Just something that looks impossible on the Switch.

Some ports would be nice, namely stuff like Xenoblade X or the Wii U Zelda remasters. These would likely be stuff revealed and released before the console releases, but who knows.

Metroid Prime 4 is probably going to be revealed if anywhere.

Finally, a Party game. 1-2 Switch stunk, but it's not a bad idea. Slap a Mario Party in there, and all is forgiven.

Not the first time they've been pushing that "looks too good for the switch wink wink" narrative, they already did it for other games and it's completely baseless.
Firstly because Zelda TikTok running on Drake would look markedly better than anything they've shown, previous trailers included.
Secondly because with that kind of reasoning, the first BOTW reveal also runs on Drake.

if any of that footage was from the successor... then i would really be dissapointed if the difference would be this small... meaning it would not benefit them in either way, using "better footage to then have the backlash of switch users that they where lied to, while having the other argue that the improvements are not enough.
I mean honestly this is what my expectation is. Consider also, BOTW was built for Wii U and looks and runs (imo) marginally better on Switch. We could see a similar thing here where TOTK, a game built for Switch, looks marginally better on the successor

I mean honestly this is what my expectation is. Consider also, BOTW was built for Wii U and looks and runs (imo) marginally better on Switch. We could see a similar thing here where TOTK, a game built for Switch, looks marginally better on the successor

You have pretty comically low expectations for a direct successor (that doesn't need to massively compromise on power consumption and space) for a game system that will launch 2023/2024 at $400/$500.

Like, if Nintendo launched a Switch 2 that was 2x as powerful as the Switch 1 at $500 in 2024, that would probably be rightly viewed as the laziest and lowest value system ever made, lol.

Sony had no real competition after Microsoft's total meltdown last gen and still released a $500 system that had $500 of value in it.

The difference is that switch was not as big of a jump from Wii U, and it was a different architecture, so they had to change a lot of underlying code. Here the jump is higher, and the architecture is the same, so i would assume at least a way higher resolution jump and maybe 60fps if its the same in regards to graphics for gameplay purposes.
Having it be slightly higher res and slightly more clouds sounds to me more like a overclocked mariko chip (-> a modded switch v2)

You have pretty comically low expectations for a direct successor (that doesn't need to massively compromise on power consumption and space) for a game system that will launch 2023/2024 at $400/$500.

Like, if Nintendo launched a Switch 2 that was 2x as powerful as the Switch 1 at $500 in 2024, that would probably be rightly viewed as the laziest and lowest value system ever made, lol.

Sony had no real competition after Microsoft's total meltdown last gen and still released a $500 system that had $500 of value in it.
Well personally I don't see them charging over $400 because then you get into the conversation of "why should I buy this when I can get a stronger PS5 for the same price?" and if their offerings are not up to par, there's more things for consumers to question

And after the success the Switch had I do not see a compelling reason for them to suddenly care about chasing parity or even getting close to the other two in terms of power. I would rather expect the bare minimum and be pleasantly surprised with more rather than act like it's a locked and loaded guarantee that Nintendo is going to give us a portable PS4 Pro
The difference is that switch was not as big of a jump from Wii U, and it was a different architecture, so they had to change a lot of underlying code. Here the jump is higher, and the architecture is the same, so i would assume at least a way higher resolution jump and maybe 60fps if its the same in regards to graphics for gameplay purposes.
Having it be slightly higher res and slightly more clouds sounds to me more like a overclocked mariko chip (-> a modded switch v2)
While this could be the case, realistically what would this do for a game like TOTK if it was built for the switch for the last 5 years?

Well personally I don't see them charging over $400 because then you get into the conversation of "why should I buy this when I can get a stronger PS5 for the same price?" and if their offerings are not up to par, there's more things for consumers to question

And after the success the Switch had I do not see a compelling reason for them to suddenly care about chasing parity or even getting close to the other two in terms of power. I would rather expect the bare minimum and be pleasantly surprised with more rather than act like it's a locked and loaded guarantee that Nintendo is going to give us a portable PS4 Pro

While this could be the case, realistically what would this do for a game like TOTK if it was built for the switch for the last 5 years?
even if it is the bare minimum and is only say 2 times stronger, it would still be enough to either have 1080p 100% of the time with some better LoD or texture filtering, or 60fps instead of 30fps. That would both be huge improvements in my book, and both would not need a ton of development investment.

If you are fine with 2016 sub 1080p30fps, thats totally fine. But for me the jump would be big.
And thats with the most conservative assumptions we can have.

People seemed pretty convinced mandatory installs won't happen for a Nintendo system and I'm still pretty confused by the belief that Nintendo would never do that even if it massively improved load times.

What is the reasoning?
we've seen mandatory installs from third parties in the form of download codes in boxes. Nintendo doing them though? they could, they could not. I don't think they will because they want games to be playable immediately. despite the ability to store more, their game sizes actually regressed in the move to cartridge from not-bluray

I've said before that I expected the next switch to release more or less alongside a meaty Zelda DLC. I stand by that, and I also think that not only is the game going to look great, but the DLC will introduce new regions so that the total area between the sky islands, the underground and the DLC region would get close to the total area of Hyrule.

we've seen mandatory installs from third parties in the form of download codes in boxes. Nintendo doing them though? they could, they could not. I don't think they will because they want games to be playable immediately. despite the ability to store more, their game sizes actually regressed in the move to cartridge from not-bluray

Is that even the case (playable immediately) anymore. Nintendo has plenty of games with day 1 patches.

Whatever 3D Mario they have. And I’m pretty sure there’s a Donkey Kong game out there. They’re already making a theme park centered on DK, plus rumors of a spinoff movie. There’s too much DK out there for there not to be a game. Especially for a new console.
Well. Things are getting a little heated in here, so I’ll ask a totally unrelated question!

Again, back to the Mario Movie (I’m obsessed. 😛) The Mario universe hasn’t undergone a significant image change in well over 15 (probably 20) years. Is it possible that Drake, being 6x more powerful than the TX1, can make Mario games going forward look similar to the movie? I’m talking the advanced facial expressions/hair physics/etc. I suppose that’s a dumb question, since CGI cutscenes can basically be anything, but I’m wondering, besides resolution/draw distance/frame rate, how the next Mario can differentiate itself on Drake hardware from Odyssey.
Hey! I saw the movie myself yesterday. Loved it! But I think the Super Mario Movie character design will stay exclusive to the movies. I do think that the quality of design and expressions could pass over to Switch 2 Mario.

I would expect Zelda to hopefully have more stuff on screen in Open Air Zelda 3
This makes me wonder what will come after Tears of the Kingdom? I feel like TOTK will be the end of the BOTW Saga. I think Switch 2 Zelda will built upon what BOTW established, but in its own way.
I feel like a lot of this will be mitigated with [REDACTED].

While I kind of agree, we need to take into account how niche these talking points are and how little they'll affect Nintendo's bottom line, especially with the successor approaching.
Switch 2 wii just be a more powerful, faster Switch. Switch 2 software lineup will be the same. Nintendo IPs are so diverse and creative, they can afford to run the console on their own lineup. Especially now that there’s more brand awareness thanks to mobile games and the movie. But I do think that the Switch 2 won’t sell as much as the first one, but will do well. Pandemic did wonders to the OG Switch. This means that the Switch 2 won’t enter “uncharted territory”, be a traditional calendar system, have a Lite revision two to three years from its release and probably a Pro revision a year or two after the Lite.

Earlier footage was running on SOMETHING. Not a switch though...

Could have been a PC, either offline or real-time render, or could have been on a souped-up switch devkit.

If it was running on some version of drake, then it probably wasn't final hardware at that point. could have been a drake devkit, who knows
[SOMETHING] is the new [REDACTED]!

People seemed pretty convinced mandatory installs won't happen for a Nintendo system and I'm still pretty confused by the belief that Nintendo would never do that even if it massively improved load times.

What is the reasoning?
Because they don't even have it as an OPTION on switch even though homebrew proves it is 100% possible.#

Drake is not going to have terabytes of built-in storage. forcing people to download games basically means that they are also forcing people to pay for sd cards, which is basically what game cartriges are. It just doesn't make sense to force all of that extra spending and inconvenience on everyone just for the sake of slightly quicker loading. Switch games already load quick anyway, and the bottleneck is the switch HARDWARE, not the cartriges themselves

Doesn't look like they are seperate worlds to me... looks more like they had to crank the cloud graphics down to make it run better on switch. What if the better clouds are only possible on drake, taking advantage of the better hardware?

The 2nd video feels like it's running above 30.

This makes me wonder what will come after Tears of the Kingdom? I feel like TOTK will be the end of the BOTW Saga. I think Switch 2 Zelda will built upon what BOTW established, but in its own way.
I think they will go back to a more traditional 3d zelda after totk. They have shown that they can still sell old-style zelda games at full price like with link's awakening and skyward sword. I think botw-style is different enough from the old OOT formula that they can have all 3 styles going on at once. Just look at Mario, how they made that chart describing how course clear mario is different from sandbox mario.

I think if they made a new traditional zelda using the power of Drake, it would sell well and probably be easier and quicker to make than a new botw-style zelda with a new world. Maybe part of the reason TOTK took so long to develop is becasue they are also working on a Drake zelda at the same time...

The 2nd video feels like it's running above 30.
It's not. If you pause it and use the . key to go frame by frame you can see it takes two presses to get to each new frame.

I think if they showed the game running at 60fps then it would instantly tell everyone that SOMETHING is up. I think even if they do have a 60fps version of rthe game, then they would edit the video to still only be 30fps because they know people would get suspicious

Errrm… “Generations By Power” narrative exists for the sole purpose of erasing Nintendo and Nintendo fans from all gaming discourse. It isn’t a thing, and no, I neither respect it, nor the console creationists who peddle that crap. Generations are as much about HOW one plays, if not more so, and “hardware” doesn’t start and end at the graphics card. It isn’t rocket science. The next Switch will be the start of the 10th Generation. The existing one is 9th Generation, and it started in 2017. It represents some of the worst of industry politics, and it never was a debate in the first place. Some people never got over the disruption from the Wii and DS, and the fact that they “won” that generation while being less powerful, but their feelings don’t change basic facts. Still, they can’t have it both ways because by the console creationist’s own BS parameters, they would still have the “problem” of the Switch Lite being significantly more powerful than the 8th Gen New 3DS and PS Vita… But I’ll let them mull over that one while I reach for my cocktail pitchers. 🥂🍸🍹🧉🙄😏

Errrm… “Generations By Power” narrative exists for the sole purpose of erasing Nintendo and Nintendo fans from all gaming discourse. It isn’t a thing, and no, I neither respect it, nor the console creationists who peddle that crap. Generations are as much about HOW one plays, if not more so, and “hardware” doesn’t start and end at the graphics card. It isn’t rocket science. The next Switch will be the start of the 10th Generation. The existing one is 9th Generation, and it started in 2017. It represents some of the worst of industry politics, and it never was a debate in the first place. Some people never got over the disruption from the Wii and DS, and the fact that they “won” that generation while being less powerful, but their feelings don’t change basic facts. Still, they can’t have it both ways because by the console creationist’s own BS parameters, they would still have the “problem” of the Switch Lite being significantly more powerful than the 8th Gen New 3DS and PS Vita… But I’ll let them mull over that one while I reach for my cocktail pitchers. 🥂🍸🍹🧉🙄😏
Generation is about power and release date and game library. The switch is part of the same gen as wii u becasue it has most of the same games, is not much more powerful, AND only launched 5 years after the wii u... at the same time xbox and playstation were launching their PRO versions. The switch is basically a wii u PRO when you look at it that way.

I would argue that the PS5 and XBOX series-whatever feel more like PRO versions of the PRO models, but they have released long enough after the original PS4 and XB1 that they are definitely 9th gen. Switch... not so much.

I think they will go back to a more traditional 3d zelda after totk. They have shown that they can still sell old-style zelda games at full price like with link's awakening and skyward sword. I think botw-style is different enough from the old OOT formula that they can have all 3 styles going on at once. Just look at Mario, how they made that chart describing how course clear mario is different from sandbox mario.

I think if they made a new traditional zelda using the power of Drake, it would sell well and probably be easier and quicker to make than a new botw-style zelda with a new world. Maybe part of the reason TOTK took so long to develop is becasue they are also working on a Drake zelda at the same time...
Personally my hunch is Grezzo is working on a "traditional" OOT style Zelda. The next Aonuma/Zelda team title will almost certainly be in this newer design philosophy

Personally my hunch is Grezzo is working on a "traditional" OOT style Zelda. The next Aonuma/Zelda team title will almost certainly be in this newer design philosophy
I’ve been wondering if a similar thing is happening, especially since some of Grezzo’s hiring seemed to imply they were doing more Zeldas.

At one point wasn’t there two separate Zelda teams: one for console and one for handhelds? Do we know whatever happen to the A Link Between World team? Did they just get folded into the BotW team or were there working on the Zelda mobile game that got canceled? Or maybe they’ve been working with Grezzo?

I’ve been wondering if a similar thing is happening, especially since some of Grezzo’s hiring seemed to imply they were doing more Zeldas.

At one point wasn’t there two separate Zelda teams: one for console and one for handhelds? Do we know whatever happen to the A Link Between World team? Did they just get folded into the BotW team or were there working on the Zelda mobile game that got canceled? Or maybe they’ve been working with Grezzo?
Hopefully they got folded into botw because I do not like any of the games they made 😅

Yeah trhat would make a lot of sense.... last game grezzo made was luigi's mansion 3DS, and that was ages ago. Plus they have the experience from making OOT 3D, so they know what to do when it comes to old-style 3d zelda. Maybe it would be developed by grezzo + nintendo, like how TOTK is nintendo +xenoblade guys (IDK their actual name 😅)

Hopefully they got folded into botw because I do not like any of the games they made 😅
Whoa, hot take 🔥! I thought A Link Between Worlds was good.

And I’d love to see a more linear OoT style or Wind Waker sequel tackles with the next gen hardware. Maybe incorporate the non-linear item system of ALBW with the world and structure of WW. They could do some awesome next gen stuff with the water, waves, wind, and storms.

Yeah trhat would make a lot of sense.... last game grezzo made was luigi's mansion 3DS, and that was ages ago. Plus they have the experience from making OOT 3D, so they know what to do when it comes to old-style 3d zelda. Maybe it would be developed by grezzo + nintendo, like how TOTK is nintendo +xenoblade guys (IDK their actual name 😅)
Grezzo also made Link’s Awakening Remake and HD Miitopia on Switch.

maybe Grezzo is making a multiplayer Zelda game again
While the Switch would be a good device to do that for, I don't think they should.

It might actually be the first time to experiment with a 3D Four Swords game as the technology is now up to part to do that. That'd probably be hard to do, but who knows, it might be fun.

Whoa, hot take 🔥! I thought A Link Between Worlds was good.

And I’d love to see a more linear OoT style or Wind Waker sequel tackles with the next gen hardware. Maybe incorporate the non-linear item system of ALBW with the world and structure of WW. They could do some awesome next gen stuff with the water, waves, wind, and storms.
ALBTW was the best one... 😅 it came SOO close but I can not stand the renting items thing.

I like to own my stuff, thanks. Same reason I hate NSO compared to virutal console o_O

That windwaker idea sounds good though.. might be better for the next botw-style zelda though. Making most of the world water would be a lot quicker than making a whole new botw-style world. Plus it would work better if link was not as mobile as he is in botw, because he wouldn't need to be like spiderman to get around in a waterworld

Last edited:
Please read this new, consolidated staff post before posting.

Furthermore, according to this follow-up post, all off-topic chat will be moderated.
Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom