• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Future Nintendo Hardware & Technology Speculation & Discussion |ST| (New Staff Post, Please read)

i don't get it none of this stuff coming up is news, things we didn't already know/presume or even anything particularly specific.

IMG-1001.jpg

I swear… y’all start hiding messages based on post count best get ready for cat photos, shitposts, memes, and Simpsons/Futurama gifs from me until I get there. I got thousands in the chamber.

All this level gating has me O_O

I do not post enough regularly to ever reach the highs of these posts.

Anyways, something, something 2024, something, something Nintendo Prime barely qualifies as a YouTuber.

Hi Kenka.

While I can certainly appreciate your resurfacing of my posts for the reasons you stated, I feel compelled to respond to them as they contain outdated information that could potentially serve as misinformation (I understand this is not your intention, but development tools and environments can change relatively frequently and unexpectedly, and if my posts are being used for reference, I feel it is my obligation to clarify when statements I previously made no longer apply). I did not intend on posting on this forum again, but I feel that this is important enough for me to reverse my decision (at least temporarily).

At the time of that post, I was using a custom branch based on NVIDIA's NvRTX toolkit that allowed me to use RTXGI with Unreal Engine 5's preview/5.0. However, NVIDIA no longer seems to be interested in officially supporting full RTXGI integration with the latest versions of Unreal Engine 5 (a mistake, in my opinion, but that's not relevant here), and while it is technically still possible to do, you will essentially have to come up with your own hacked fork to make it actually work. I chose Unreal to streamline development using cutting-edge tech, so more friction means that that path is no longer viable for me. NVIDIA suggests that I use RTXDI with Lumen, so that is what I'm going to do (and the minimum specifications will suffer as a result as it is still much easier to eke out better performance with RTXGI compared to Lumen). That being said, Lumen is much better and more performant than it was at the time I made those posts, so I won't complain too much. The main issue I'm having now is just finding the time to work on my project. It's not paying any bills, so for the time being, it will be left on the backburner.

Your general point, however, still stands. As a developer, a platform's hardware architecture, feature-set, SDKs, and general development environment are far more important to me than raw specs. While I can't comment on any details regarding a prospective future console from Nintendo, if it's feature-complete, I will do my best to bring my project to such a console.

Cheers
It's much appreciated. And it would be great to see you more often in this thread.

The part I bolded in your post is interesting: this gives credence to the idea that UE5 was further refined between the time the Matrix demo was first displayed and now. What does that mean regarding third-party support on the next Switch? Wait and see, I guess.

Dang so fami is the new live service I need to grind now.

Wouldn't post gating cause more spam with people trying to level up their fami pass though? We already get enough of the same and I think we wanted to have less unnecessary posting not more.

Not saying to not use it, that's up to each user, but that's more spam is a possibility as a consequence.

I don’t mind some posts being gated if the threshold is reasonable as others have pointed out.

But goddamn all I can think about right now that I really, really need is an actual leak or new piece of info related to hardware or launch dates or timeframes. It has been dry for a hot minute now.

Wouldn't post gating cause more spam with people trying to level up their fami pass though? We already get enough of the same and I think we wanted to have less unnecessary posting not more.

Not saying to not use it, that's up to each user, but that's more spam is a possibility as a consequence.
That's the beauty of it tho, if they spam the board then they get banned for it which should also in my opinion reset post count.

I don’t mind some posts being gated if the threshold is reasonable as others have pointed out.

But goddamn all I can think about right now that I really, really need is an actual leak or new piece of info related to hardware or launch dates or timeframes. It has been dry for a hot minute now.

Yep

Things will become insufferable if first months of 2024 are as dry as the current ones, and we will get "it's coming in 2026" takes.

Nintendo will have to acknowledge the system at some point, and if I understand why they haven't so far, they would be stupid to continue so once the holiday period is over.

Mid january will be when heat will begin to rise insanely, I'm quite confident.
(I was also confident switch pro would come in 2019 mind you)

I don’t think keeping out a couple of irritating, scummy YouTubers is worth making the thread less accessible to new posters. One of the best qualities of the thread is that so many people from different backgrounds are always joining in. Personally, I’ve been here from nearly the beginning and don’t even have 200 posts on Famiboards; in that time, I’ve said a lot of dumb things, learned a ton, and tried to contribute good posts in the places I can. There are so many people in here who I appreciate for the unique perspective they’ve brought to the table, and the open nature of the thread directly enables that.

Oldpuck was the epitome of this, and I feel his absence acutely. So many times, I noticed him welcoming in newer members or writing incredibly elaborate posts to bring people up to speed, and he single-handedly helped set the tone and atmosphere of the thread. It’s important to preserve that spirit.

I'm not a very talkative person on online forums, mostly I lurked here enjoying the technical conversation of very knowledge people. If you want to hide some leaks or important information through a number of post, it's fine maybe even necessary. Personally, I am not going to grind messages adding noise to threads if I don't have anything to add to the conversation. This is a great thread to read during work hours and I will still lurk here while I can, thank you all <3

Oh god. I thought something massive happened. Urgh NP……. I unfollowed that person years ago

Anyway.

Ummm. 2024 is only a few weeks away and we finally made it haha! A year full of hardware information goodness!

Can we not do the post limit thing, because I have no interest in participating in this forum if I can't see half of the discussion simply because I'm a newer member. Some sort of verification system is a much better idea.

As long as the spam is in hide tags it isn’t a problem./s

* Hidden text: cannot be quoted. *
I don’t know what it is, and I don’t know what it says, but trust, one day I will find out and I will bonk you for it.

Also for anyone else wondering about the hidden level posts and what they say, only one was of interest the rest are joke posts.

Can we not do the post limit thing, because I have no interest in participating in this forum if I can't see half of the discussion simply because I'm a newer member. Some sort of verification system is a much better idea.
I fully understand the reasons for taking such a step, but I also think it would be a bad idea.

I often read messages without posting anything and I don’t think I’m the only one here.

What I particularly like is the ability of many contributors to popularize things, to make them didactic. In reality it is much more interesting than leaks or scoops and I think it would be a mistake to give more importance to possible information rather than to what really makes the quality of exchanges in my opinion, that is, enlightened explanations and amusing assumptions.

It sounds a bit like 'let’s make this place worse because youtubers', I don’t think it would be good news at all.

And generally I don’t like the idea of confusing being a serious place with taking ourselves seriously, which is not the same thing.

My impression is that the Switch port of RDR1 wasn't the target of criticism. That's not a bad port at all. There was just frustration that there wasn't a greater overhaul on the other platforms.
Peoples were complaining because there was a lot of noise about a RDR remaster/remake, and it ended up being a Switch/PS4 port. The pricing also didn't help.

I think account age could be a worthwhile alternative or supplement to post count without alienating the more quiet of us all.

messages > 10 (0) or days > 365 (0)

Without Apple, TSMC wouldn't be where it is today and vice versa. Apple executives have a long history with TSMC.
Would you say the same thing if Microsoft acquired Nintendo. I don't like monopolies. Competition is best for all.
and I'm pretty sure k-pop is also popular in japan.

2GHz is higher than what I'm even expecting. that said, on 4N, it's definitely doable, I think

I'm not expecting 2Ghz at all either. Just saying it's the ceiling and not the most likely outcome.
TSMC N6 is an optical shrink of N7 and is IP compatible, so you can reuse the same design made for N7 to be fabbed on N6. And TSMC also wants to move on all their N7 customers to N6 because N6 is cheaper to be fabbed for them. That's why AMD and Valve were able to shrink Aerith from N7 to Sephiroth on N6 (And also gave them the opportunity to remove the AI cores to save on area).

N5/N4, N3, N2 are all fully different nodes with different PDKs and processes and are IP incompatible with each other. Any shrink from one node to the other will require a full redesign. And that's without talking about the rising costs of each node, marginal gains, etc.
You really think Nintendo won't come out with a revision with better battery life?
Peoples were complaining because there was a lot of noise about a RDR remaster/remake, and it ended up being a Switch/PS4 port. The pricing also didn't help.
Would not surprise me if a remake or more fleshed out port of RD1 comes out for current gen consoles. Not having a RD! port on PC is suspicious enough...
The fact no one is commenting on this tells me yall lost in the sauce
I don't see what's so special about it tbqh.

Can't believe we are gonna gate posts because of one dude lol.

In China and Korea, there were no major complaints about the RDR remaster. Because Chinese and Korean were added. Rather, they complained the XBOX version. Because Rockstar didn't update the language.
If Switch 2 comes out, I think there will be more of this type of porting. I'm sure some people will be a little disappointed, but there are people who want to pay more just by adding language.

Just have moderators manually verify the people who are already active in this thread, and then more people can be verified if they can provide proof they're not an alt. Please don't make this forum impossible to use because of some idiot.

You really think Nintendo won't come out with a revision with better battery life?
They will, but they won't do a shrink of T239 if it's on TSMC 4N. They will set their power and battery life targets from start so that it allows them to create new SKUs such as Lite without the need of a shrink.

Any efficiency gains will come from more efficient memory, storage, DDIC, screen, components, etc. When they have a good efficiency leap on all of this is when they'll release a more efficient Switch 2 with the same 4N T239.

Posting to get my numbers up. Sigh
Frankly, I think we need to stop this gatekeeping of information. There's no reason whatsoever that someone like our friend here needs to increase their message count just to read this thread. There's even some posts here which even I, an active user that has been here since the first day of Fami and this thread existence, am not able to read due to insane requirements. People have lifes beyond this thread. And these messages probably are nothing but shitposts in the grand scheme of things.

Really, if Nintendo Rotten wants to piggyback and steal info from this thread, so be it. Let this fraud do their shit and let's live our lives. We shouldn't make the thread an unreadable mess just because of some people.

I think not only should we gate keep more, but we should start culling the weak. Oh you couldn't get to 100 post in your first 6 hours on the site and 1,000 post in your first 6 months? To the shadow realm with you!

This above isn't a serious post. Anything above 50 posts is absurd for hide/reply tags. Ultimately people like Nintendo Prime will find out the info we have behind hide/reply tags regardless of what we do to prevent it.

Actually it should have been known fact that Nintendo Prime stalks this thread. Someone here posted about a possible Ocarina of Time HD remake on here a couple of weeks ago and than he made a video on how he heard rumors about an OOTHD remake lol.

Actually it should have been known fact that Nintendo Prime stalks this thread. Someone here posted about a possible Ocarina of Time HD remake on here a couple of weeks ago and than he made a video on how he heard rumors about an OOTHD remake lol.
He could have heard it from zippo tho. He also could have got it from other social media (Z R 2023 was also speculated on Reddit). We aren‘t the only place in the internet where clickbaity Nintendo YouTubers search for rumours./s

Last edited:
Add some made up things to the posts with leaked info, of course in a way that these made up things don't sound made up.

Then flat out say how many of those things are true, but not which ones, and let everyone guess. I'd argue YT people leeching of info from here might at one point get tired of trying to figure out what's good info and what not.

Oh, and disable PMs, 'cause you know there's going to be people who can't play along.

Add some made up things to the posts with leaked info, of course in a way that these made up things don't sound made up.

Then flat out say how many of those things are true and let everyone guess. I'd argue YT people leeching of info from here might at one point get tired of trying to figure out what's good info and what not.
That's just as unhelpful for regulars here though. Like if I hypothetically had real info and did something like

"I can confirm 2 of the these will happen in the Switch 2 launch year

New 3D DK
New Star Fox
New F-Zero
New Golden Sun
New Punch Out"

Even if I can slide into a few admin/mod dm's to prove my validity, 99% of the people on this site are going to be in the dark. Even if I vet dm everyone, two truths will happen

1) The more people know, the easier it is for leaks to happen

2) The more discussion centers on specific titles, the more obvious it is which games are the fakes I put on my list

Well I simply don't have the time to be here posting multiple times a day, so if the post count gatekeeping is going forward I guess my fun reading this thread is over

Please read this new, consolidated staff post before posting.

Furthermore, according to this follow-up post, all off-topic chat will be moderated.
Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom