• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Future Nintendo Hardware & Technology Speculation & Discussion |ST| (New Staff Post, Please read)

I know for a fact they are unfortunately. My neck of the woods frequently gets visited by not only tech company lawyers but SEC folk. I know two guys now that have been investigated for alleged insider trading regarding Nintendo. The stock itself has broken out of a channel on the chart (Like I mentioned it would months ago on here) and lots of eyes are on Nintendo's situation with upcoming hardware close to releasing, leaks from august, and the previously mentioned stock movements. Its why I am posting less honestly.
Stay safe my friend!
The MBA's are out on the prowl.

me when i'm not a high enough level to view the post
giphy.gif

The idea of a separate co processor for the dock feels like people grasping at straws.

The best solution is what we have on Switch.. And the best way to improve docked performance is to design the dock and the cooling solution to allow for higher stable clocks
People been grasping for a long time.

So I could set an absurdly high number, say FU all, and nobody will know what I said for years? 🙃
Yep!

Actually I forget who it was but somebody one day did the opposite, set the message for less than 12,000 or something just so I couldn't see it 🤣

BBcode is neat.

Anyway sorry yall, hardware

I think 500 is a good message number floor
500 is very high. That's possibly months for a moderately active user with a few posts a day. Maybe 100-200 would be reasonable. Ultimately it's up to each person who uses the post gate exactly what the number is but in the interest of keeping discussion reasonably active.

There are people in this thread who I consider regulars, and whose input I value... With fewer than 250 posts.

I don't think post gating is a terrible idea, it's just going to take being cautious with it to not smother conversation altogether.

Dang, 150 messages left to get to 500. Surprised I even got to 350. Understandable on the reason though, but it will take me a while to get there when I don't post often. I just like reading information and give various input.

Quick reminder: brainchild (hi buddy!) mentioned this in two of his posts more than a year ago:

From the viewpoint of an indie developer, support for the UE5 toolset is more important that the raw specs themselves. And based on the reports from GDC, we can assume that the next Switch has the aces up its sleeve that would content developers.

Thus, I suggest we tone down the discussion about raw specs and pivot to a discussion about which games are viable on the next gen and which are not.

Personally, I assume that most indie outputs that are built using ray tracing will be ported. Desordre and Jusant to name just two very recent titles will likely come to Switch 2. Racing games, combat games and sports games in general from all kinds of publishers will likely also be considered to be ported. Even some sandbox games might make the jump. Imagine playing Dead or Alive, The Crew or WRC with ray tracing enabled on portable mode. That in itself is an exciting prospect.

Hi Kenka.

While I can certainly appreciate your resurfacing of my posts for the reasons you stated, I feel compelled to respond to them as they contain outdated information that could potentially serve as misinformation (I understand this is not your intention, but development tools and environments can change relatively frequently and unexpectedly, and if my posts are being used for reference, I feel it is my obligation to clarify when statements I previously made no longer apply). I did not intend on posting on this forum again, but I feel that this is important enough for me to reverse my decision (at least temporarily).

At the time of that post, I was using a custom branch based on NVIDIA's NvRTX toolkit that allowed me to use RTXGI with Unreal Engine 5's preview/5.0. However, NVIDIA no longer seems to be interested in officially supporting full RTXGI integration with the latest versions of Unreal Engine 5 (a mistake, in my opinion, but that's not relevant here), and while it is technically still possible to do, you will essentially have to come up with your own hacked fork to make it actually work. I chose Unreal to streamline development using cutting-edge tech, so more friction means that that path is no longer viable for me. NVIDIA suggests that I use RTXDI with Lumen, so that is what I'm going to do (and the minimum specifications will suffer as a result as it is still much easier to eke out better performance with RTXGI compared to Lumen). That being said, Lumen is much better and more performant than it was at the time I made those posts, so I won't complain too much. The main issue I'm having now is just finding the time to work on my project. It's not paying any bills, so for the time being, it will be left on the backburner.

Your general point, however, still stands. As a developer, a platform's hardware architecture, feature-set, SDKs, and general development environment are far more important to me than raw specs. While I can't comment on any details regarding a prospective future console from Nintendo, if it's feature-complete, I will do my best to bring my project to such a console.

Cheers

Please read this new, consolidated staff post before posting.

Furthermore, according to this follow-up post, all off-topic chat will be moderated.
Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom