• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Future Nintendo Hardware & Technology Speculation & Discussion |ST| (New Staff Post, Please read)

summer of next year, in a specific Direct, around E3 season

Confirmation by November, big showcase reveal/presentation in February, release in May or June

Tease/Preview: April

Full blown Direct presentation: June

I'm a Q1 2024 hope-er, but Q4 2024 is far more likely.

I'm also inclined to believe that a Q2-3 release is possible this time around, but I understand why people doubt it would happen. Idk, we'll see.
All solid predictions!

7rqqoy3ywjcmfd4xya64vu4lde-1666778558.jpg

Hello it's Troy Mclure, Happy 1500th

You might remember me from the NX2 Dev Portal leak (suspiciously matching the 3rd party devkits delivery timing) (or not) and for leading the infamous Team 2023 campaign, we rebranded to Team Reveal 2023 now and we are in a better place

Took some time off and can now confidently assume that we're most likely getting an H1 2024 Release with an imminent reveal (by November)

Also regarding Gamescom I've heard that the only Switch 2 talk that occured there was between Nintendo and Devs/publishers signing agreements on Dev Kits acquisition :ninja:

I was gonna say, if they wanna avoid having the randos jump on stage and ruin the announcement, just have Reggie do the reveal. They'll try to run up and Reggie will just look at them and either they'll change their minds real quick or Reggie will get to beat some people up live on camera. Either way it's a win for Nintendo.
A guest Reggie live revealing new Nintendo hardware is something I didn't realize I needed

Entirely for nostalgic reasons, but I need it

What the hell??? I blinked and three pages pass!!! I know things are starting to ramp up, but SLOW DOWN!!!!! I gotta get ready for work, so I'll probably be another three pages behind 😭😭😭

What the hell??? I blinked and three pages pass!!! I know things are starting to ramp up, but SLOW DOWN!!!!! I gotta get ready for work, so I'll probably be another three pages behind 😭😭😭
Yeah, I've been struggling to keep up due to how fast everything's ramping up (I even registered so I could stay notified and even still don't think that would be enough lol)

But just think, once you're at work you can follow along in real time

You might remember me from the NX2 Dev Portal leak (suspiciously matching the 3rd party devkits delivery timing) (or not) and for leading the infamous Team 2023 campaign, we rebranded to Team Reveal 2023 now and we are in a better place

Took some time off and can now confidently assume that we're most likely getting an H1 2024 Release with an imminent reveal (by November)

Also regarding Gamescom I've heard that the only Switch 2 talk that occured there was between Nintendo and Devs/publishers signing agreements on Dev Kits acquisition :ninja:
I remember you, you were the overly aggressive and confrontational lad that sunk your teeth into everyone who didn't think the 2023 release was going to happen, you then posted several photoshopped images as you spread false leaks, followed by uploading a picture of an early Switch devkit you found on Twitter while you implied yourself to have had access to it physically along with other 'inside information' because you were in Japan, suffice to say I'm not looking forward to the mayhem you're back to cause here over the next few months and it won't be long until lifting your thread ban will prove to be a mistake

Your work is find 4chan fake leaks and bring here for us

Impressive also fits
Is there any handheld on the market currently you could hold up as a point of comparison to what you're hearing, or is there a slim chance the S2 could be the most powerful handheld of them all upon its release even if just briefly?

In which case, going up to 8”, and potentially 1080p would not exactly feel that much of a step back in the scheme of things.

And LCDs have gotten better over time since 2017, so if it’s say comparable to what the ROG Ally has, could be nice quality screen.
The problem is not so much that good quality LCD displays aren't available. Rather, there's going to be LCD display variation (i.e. LCD display lottery), especially if the rumour that Innolux is one of the LCD display providers is accurate. (See Erica Griffin's video where she compared the LCD displays of different Nintendo Switch (2019) models.)

Honestly, I'd be fine with an LCD screen

They've done it before with their older consoles anders most consumers don't really seem to mind, plus I've heard it would make it cheaper to produce (which sounds about right for Nintendo)

One thing is true (and was said by Emily IIRC) is that Nintendo probably wants to avoid any stock issues that they did have with Switch 1 launch or Sony had with PS5 first years.

Considering Switch 1 massive success and they are probably preparing a good launch lineup with 3D Mario + third party stuff like COD or FIFA, they want to have as maximum stock as possible. They can easily aim to shipped +10 millions in FY2024/25 Q3 (october-december when Switch NG is likely to be released)
It's foolhardy to hope for a launch with enough supply. Popular systems like PS5 and Wii had a lot of supply, but it only seemed to be enough when they started being able to make 20+ million/year. 10 million in a first quarter would be... insane. Half of that would still be the best first quarter of any game hardware. (Though PS4 and PS5 might have been around 6m for the first 90 days.) But if they did stockpile that many, they'd still be back to the shortage problem next quarter unless they're producing 20-30m/year already.

RIP its like Nintendo saw us all start to speculate about an earlier reveal/release so they dropped this on us like "NOPE, guess again!" 😂

It's still technically possible but would be bizarre to have had a next gen system announced and then have a big Switch 1 event like this right?

RIP its like Nintendo saw us all start to speculate about an earlier reveal/release so they dropped this on us like "NOPE, guess again!" 😂

It's still technically possible but would be bizarre to have had a next gen system announced and then have a big Switch 1 event like this right?
Not if it’s bc

Huh? What does one thing have to do with the other?

Nintendo Live is not really a big event, it's basically just a place where people can play existing released games and participate in tournaments and such. They don't do announcements or anything there.

This info is beginning to sound like a really comfy and cozy cup of delicious tea with some bangin finger sandwiches and a nice mellow jazz tune in the background. I'm imagining I'm on an extremely large oversized chair facing a bay window overlooking a garden with beautifully manicured hedges and stone fountains.

Resharing Todd Howard's impressions of the closed-door E3 2016 demo of the Switch, months before its official reveal:

I love it. I got to play it. I will tell you -- well, maybe that's an NDA thing. One of the best demos I've ever seen. Probably the best demo I've ever seen.

Tickles the imagination for what might have been shown at Gamescom, hmm

Please read this new, consolidated staff post before posting.

Furthermore, according to this follow-up post, all off-topic chat will be moderated.
Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom