• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Future Nintendo Hardware & Technology Speculation & Discussion |ST| (New Staff Post, Please read)

Famiboards legend says that if you're the first post on the 1000th page, your wish will come true.

So I wish for the next Switch to be on TSMC 4N, you're all welcome.

Yeah trhat would make a lot of sense.... last game grezzo made was luigi's mansion 3DS, and that was ages ago. Plus they have the experience from making OOT 3D, so they know what to do when it comes to old-style 3d zelda. Maybe it would be developed by grezzo + nintendo, like how TOTK is nintendo +xenoblade guys (IDK their actual name 😅)
Monolith soft. Welcome to Famiboards

I've just been lurking for the past month or so, since I haven't really had anything substantial to add to the conversation. But I just want to say that I'm grateful to have been a small part of this community on the journey to a thousand pages of pure speculation.

This thread is like a virtual water cooler where ppl can just talk. I like that. Been lurking for a while. Cheers tho for 1000 pages 👍 let’s go for 2000. Manifesting switch news :D

I didn’t dislike the touch controls. I mostly wanted to try the patch. However, I’m just thinking about the practicality of likely not having a stylus. Switch doesn’t even have the same type of touch screen (capacitive vs DS’s resistive).
Trackpads like on the ps4 and ps5 or steam controller or steam deck all work great for emulating the DS touchscreen. If drake has those then DS emulation would work in both handheld and docked modes

This thread is like a virtual water cooler where ppl can just talk. I like that. Been lurking for a while. Cheers tho for 1000 pages 👍 let’s go for 2000. Manifesting switch news :D

That used to be (and still is?) the General Discussion thread. The thirst for new hardware is just so damn relatable, both because Switch is a good concept, and because we're hitting the 7th year on market, that casuals like myself have made a new home.

There's some real smart cookies in here. I try not to disrupt the smart too often.

I said it "feels" like above 30 fps. If you set your video to at least 720p60, it looks so smooth. Compares to BOTW which is choppy.
That's probably more evidence that something is up then. Botw probably feels choppy because sometimes a frame isn't quite delivered on time. Not quite micro stuttering, but just general lack of smoothness because it's a game amd it's dynamic.

Maybe it was actually running above 30fps and they just squished it down, like I said. That would definitely look smoother if they did that, because it would mean that they could make sure all of the frames were perfectly paced...

1000 Pages everyone! Y'all did it. The golden rule is that Switch 2 has to come out this year for sure now.

Time for the plot twist...I was working for Nintendo all along mwahuahahaha!!!!

No but in all seriousness @Raccoon is Miyamoto and always has been, the ultimate "you can't believe it wasn't me the whole time" alias.

I played all the Ace Attorneys and figured it out.

happy 1000, as a somewhat longtime lurker this easily my favorite nintendo thread on the internet, y’all are the best

The Switch launched at the same price as the PS4 Slim. I don't expect them to charge over $400 either, though.

The Dreamcast launched 4 years after the Saturn (and 3 years before the Xbox and GC), yet no one considers it a 5th gen console.
The power jump from GameCube to Wii was much less substantial than Wii U to Switch, yet no one considers the Wii a 6th gen console.
To have most of the same games (it doesn't) like an actual Pro version, the Switch would have to play the exact same type of media as the Wii U, which it doesn't. "It has ports and remasters from the previous console" is actually a counter-argument for the Switch being part of the same generation.

The rules are being applied inconsistently, and it mostly has to do with some people not liking the idea of a weak tablet kicking off the next generation of hardware instead of 'real' consoles like PS and Xbox.
Pas mieux … 👍🏼

lpGnf5T.png

(fingers crossed they prove me wrong with this)

I liked the touch screen controls I didn't find them that bad. Now that I think about it the uniqueness of the ds will be hard to port to switch considering the puzzle where you need to close your DS. I get that they could get rid of them but I liked the things like that
I think most people’s problem with Phantom Hourglass was the Temple of the Ocean King xD
So are we thinking this'll be more of a revision or a successor?

Oh look, a new page!
A successor. It’s already time for one.
I played all the Ace Attorneys and figured it out.
That reminds me, I need to play the Great Ace Attorney games.

(obligatory post celebrating 1000 pages)

I remember, somewhere along the 400 pages mark, someone said “should we start a new thread?” And we were all like, “nah.” Fond memories.

Last edited:
Trackpads like on the ps4 and ps5 or steam controller or steam deck all work great for emulating the DS touchscreen. If drake has those then DS emulation would work in both handheld and docked modes
I can see those appearing in some kind of Joy Con Pro Grip accessory

PS happy 1000 everyone

hoping i end up on page 1000 🙏

edit: WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Thanks everybody for your insight, memes, and chill vibes. This small place is one of my favorite corners of the Internet. Looking forward to freaking out over the official announcement with y'all. <3

I can see those appearing in some kind of Joy Con Pro Grip accessory

PS happy 1000 everyone
No.. I think that would be a bad idea. It needs to be a system-wide feature otherwise no games would use them. Plus if trackpads were on the joy con then you would be able to use them in handheld mode as welll...

Captain toad isalready a superior experience on the steam deck compared to the switch because you can use the trackpad instead of getting your screen all smudged up 🤫

I'm looking forward to June for some ReDrakted news. Last year, I didn't expect anything and I was good with how the switch was. This year, I'm finally starting to feel like a new console would be nice; maybe the last Zelda gameplay being a bit underwhelming swayed me more than I wish to admit (though I have issues way beyond the visuals with what they showed).
Early 2024 would be in line with what I believe will happen. End of 2023 would pleasantly surprise me.

Happy 1000!

Now i expect the Nintendo ninja assigned to this thread to reveal himself and give us infos

No.. I think that would be a bad idea. It needs to be a system-wide feature otherwise no games would use them. Plus if trackpads were on the joy con then you would be able to use them in handheld mode as welll...

Captain toad isalready a superior experience on the steam deck compared to the switch because you can use the trackpad instead of getting your screen all smudged up 🤫
I was more thinking of enabling DS support in NSO. But then maybe I should have written Joy Con DS Grip?
I get your point about system wide support, but isn't that they case with touch support on the Switch now? It just works for handheld mode, and maybe tabletop at an arms stretch, but docked mode negates it.

I was more thinking of enabling DS support in NSO. But then maybe I should have written Joy Con DS Grip?
I get you're point about system wide support, but isn't that they case with touch support on the Switch now? It just works for handheld mode, and maybe tabletop at an arms stretch, but docked mode negates it.
It acually doesn't!! In many games, you can still use the touchscreen even when the system is docked. It's so weird, almost like a glitch or something, but try it for yourself in Mario 3d world or captain toad and you'll see

For real, though, all of the games that i';ve played that use touch have it so that gyro emulates the pointer in docked, which is a bit rubbish. Trackpads work way better for doing that, and it would benmefit both docked and handheld play

It acually doesn't!! In many games, you can still use the touchscreen even when the system is docked. It's so weird, almost like a glitch or something, but try it for yourself in Mario 3d world or captain toad and you'll see
Whoops.. this isn't true. For some reason yuzu lets you do it, but not the actual switch for some reason... maybe it's a hardware thing IDK

Please read this new, consolidated staff post before posting.

Furthermore, according to this follow-up post, all off-topic chat will be moderated.
Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom