• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes announced, launching June 24 (UPDATE: new "Leicester Alliance" trailer, see threadmarks)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus Christ I want this NOW.
The visual upgrade tho??? It looks much better than Three Houses, seems much more polished than the review trailer. Character models, textures, terrain, animations, everything is a huge step forward from Three House's. Loved it.

Now that new protagonist looks kinda dope? Byleth as villain sounds super interesting story wise too! Apparently there's a new God in opposition to Sothis too??

Hell this looks so great. I can't wait!!!

Gonna do a trailer analysis

-Trailer starts off with Shez fighting Byleth, I imagine this is at the very beginning of the game, though curiously Byleth does not have the sword of the creator. This means that most likely this timeline involves Byleth never joining Gareg Mach at all, which is what might lead to the war happening/peaking earlier

-Some nice ass music, seems like a remix of Chasing Daybreak

-Nice to see that Shez isn't a silent protagonist, also good design, though I think the purple is a bit too bright.

-Shez seems to use dark element stuff from his weapons and seems to have some sort of goal that requires strength outside of just wanting money. My guess is you will get offers to be hired from whoever saves you from Byleth at the beginning of the game(Claude's line about meeting in a forest corroborates this)

-Crimson Flower is now Crimson Blaze, love Hubert's evil laugh and his attacks look really cool

-DEDUE, looks like he is starting by Dimitri's side right away this time without him being captured. My guess is this means that Cornelia never took over the Kingdom and Dimitri probably discovered she was a spy for the Empire. Glad to see him back, and he is rocking the new braids and beard, only good facial hair in Fodlan

-Hilda, love her new bun hair style. Also the meeting Shez in a forest line is again, probably how the lord of your choosing hires you for their side

-We see what looks like a dragon razing the ground, most likely Rhea, and we also see dark magic circles on the ground attacking church soldiers. My guess is that the Slitherers get more directly involved in the conflict earlier this time and are potentially fighting the Church here. Flayn looks to be a neutral party if I had to guess

-Looks like you can move around the map from your location and that there will be multiple different battles available to you at the same time with different rewards/level recommendations. Wonder if that means you can do certain story battles a little out of order if you risk doing it a bit underleveled or if its just side content that you can tackle in any order

- Edelgard's new weapon is called LABRAUNDA and Shez's class is called FLUEGEL(funny name)/ My guess based on the color scheme is Labraunda is similar to the Arrow of Indra, a Slitherer weapon that matches the power of a relic.

-There is Co-op play(you can see P2 joining as an option next to Shez. Also there are exclamation points by certain weapons/movement types, maybe what is recommended for the level or for Shez? In this case Axe and Tomes are 2 points, Bow and Fist and Flying are one. Foot movement is 3.
Again though, not sure what this could mean

-Looks like you can assign certain combat arts/spells to different button commands and use them as special moves, wonder if everyone can customize to this extent or if Shez just has a ton of options since they can class change. Combat arts do still cost durability in this game and they all have cooldowns, I'm sure both of those get lower with higher level abilities

-The combat arts also show you the area of effect they cover(Wrath strike is just an Aoe around you while Blizzard attacks in a three pronged formation in front of you

-Battalions can be assigned and seem to give some passive bonuses. Empire duelists seem to grant an advantage tier over axes(my guess is that advantage tiers are represented by the exclamation points) and give you 45 percent resistance to axe damage at level 2. Empire Warriors due the same on the axe side and give you lance resistance/bonus damage

-The map they show is a standard seize the strongholds. Looks like Bernadetta as a playable archer in the bottom right portion of the map potentially

-You can give commands do units you are not controlling to move somewhere, to heal or you can assign them as an adjutant, which they show off more a bit later. You can also do something called all out defense. My guess is that this is a class skill for Armored lord(Edelgard keeps the same Post time skip starting class here)

-PLAYABLE MONICA. She seems to be a mage here, maybe this is her not being Kronyafied somehow(maybe because Byleth was not at Gareg Mach?) She uses a weapon called Wind Caller's Genesis(cool name)

-Looks like by assigning an adjutant they will assist on some attacks, they will guard you from damage occasionally, and you can do combined specials with them. Seems pretty useful, but I imagine its at the cost of losing a unit on the map.

-Looks like you explore a base camp instead of the monastery in the game, nice for a change of scenery.

-I like the new training animation, I imagine you can level up characters and weapon/batallion/combat art ranks through training, as well as get support points

-You can also work towards changing classes! It seems to be Shez exclusive, but its nice that you can customize the MC in this game compared to the last FEW

-You see Lorenz doing some managment work in the base camp! Love his new hair more than his normal post time skip hair tbh. Mercedes also looks amazing(as always) and you can see that mealtime is back with Shez eating with Dimitri and Mercedes

-Claude's line is "this world cries out for change while you keep it shackled to the past". This could refer to numerous characters, my guess is Rhea right now but I am not sure. \

-Also we see what looks to be a new relative of Claude's! Maybe a new half brother from Almyra?

-We see Dimitri swat away some dark magic like nothing lmao, we also see a hand reaching out to Dimitri while he mentions avenging those who have fallen. My guess is it could be Rodrigue, since Dimitri is super close with him. But a more out there prediction is in this timeline, maybe, Glenn survived? Either way it definitely involves his past and its supposed to be a secret since the bonus characters in other routes were revealed by face, but they kept this one hidden. CURIOUS

-We see Shez lending dimitri his shoulder, presumable after he is injured in some big battle. We also see what looks to be like Dimitri and Edelgard fighting together!!!? She attacks someone else and is positioned in front of him, so it might be a relatively late game scene.

- We see a bunch of different character scenes with no real significance for a bit, but it looks like Shez is being called a missing cog for Edelgard that pushed her to act, maybe a better influence on her than Byleth who was absent from the Monastery which caused a much more positive turn for Fodlan since she is a bit more reasonable and willing to work with others?

-WE SEE HOLST, he seems to be fighting Lord Bergleiz(Caspar's Dad). Great designs for them both and hopefully they will be playable

-We hear a totally new voice say they're the closes ally we have, my guess is that its the white haired new god that is with Shez on the cover.

-We see side by side shots for all of the new lords alongside Shez, presumably from some point on their route(before the convergence)

-We finally see a clear shot of the white haired god who calls us their partner in destiny, very curious to see where they fit in, my guess is something to do with Agarthans

-Also some Byleth hype as a bit emotionless enemy, we can still pick their gender at the start of the game before we encounter them I imagine

Need to read a breakdown of three houses still XD. But clever way to cause a divergence

As if I wasn't sold on this already that trailer brought the hype I'm in full Fire Emblems mode currently finishing the Blue Lion route in the main game after that I'm doing golden deer hope I can finish it before this comes out

The game looks cool but I can't help wishing it was anything other than a Warriors game.

Do they ever add "tactical modes" or a version of the game where I don't have to play the Warriors part lol?

This trailer makes me feel like the whole cast isn't going to be playable. I'm thinking House Leader + Retainer + 3/4 popular students from each house. Like Edelgard, Hubert and Ferdie have been seen, maybe add 2-3 onto that for Black Eagles.

I think the purple on the protagonist’s hair is absolutely garish. It just seems like it takes over each cutscene for me lol.

Playable
Shez (M) - Dual-Swords
Shez (F)
Edelgard - Axe
Dimitri - Lance
Claude - Bow
Hubert - Tome
Dedue - Axe
Hilda - Axe
Monica - Tome
Unknown Archer - Bow

Unconfirmed if playable
Judith - Sword
Randolph - Axe

Seen in cutscene / Other
Byleth (M) - Used a Sword in a cutscene
Byleth (F) - Used a Sword in a cutscene
Mercedes
Lorenz
Flayn
Anna
The Immaculate One - Used a 'Crest Stone' in a cutscene
Jeralt
Rodrigue?
Holst? - Used a Sword in a cutscene
Unknown Wyvern Lord?
Unknown War Master? - Used Gauntlets in a cutscene
White hair person with orange eyes

Seen in artwork
Sothis

This trailer makes me feel like the whole cast isn't going to be playable. I'm thinking House Leader + Retainer + 3/4 popular students from each house. Like Edelgard, Hubert and Ferdie have been seen, maybe add 2-3 onto that for Black Eagles.

Made me think the opposite. With the class system being confirmed, seems likely they made movesets for each class, with the characters themselves being more akin to skins -- making it easier for the roster to include more characters without being too taxing.

Plus they can probably reuse a lot of the animations and stuff from Three Houses (and FEW).

Made me think the opposite. With the class system being confirmed, seems likely they made movesets for each class, with the characters themselves being more akin to skins -- making it easier for the roster to include more characters without being too taxing.

Plus they can probably reuse a lot of the animations and stuff from Three Houses (and FEW).
This is what I’ve been thinking for a while, bigger roster and truer to the source material

WOW! I don't know what to expect anymore. But given they revealed Byleth as the villain. I'm expecting some kind of fake-out. Like Shez can actually manipulate time and change timeline and Byleth is hooping through time to stop him. And this timeline they are in is one where Byleth is considered an enemy due to Shez manipulating the others or because of Those Who Slith in the Dark manipulation.

Honestly, I'm still pretty torn on this one.

After like 200 hours of Three Houses, I'm just not sure I really need much more out of Fodlan at the moment. I know we're not fully understanding the direction that they're trying to take this yet, and they've got this Byleth as a villain twist lined up and all....but you know....just feels a bit.....redundant? The first game did a pretty thorough job of telling a completed story and then some. Is anyone out there already feeling nostalgic for more Garreg Mach right now? I feel like I lived a lifetime there already.

I guess I get why FE fits into Warriors, but part of what makes the Zelda mosous work is that we get playable versions of non-playable characters. For AOC specifically, they even had this gigantic gap in the story that a spinoff fit neatly into. Criticism of execution is fair, but it at least had a novel space to exist in. It worked conceptually, at least.

Here, it's like....an action version of something we've already had and a....fifth (sixth?) version of a story setting that's been kind of beat to death already.

Not trying to rain on anyone's parade, just not sure I'm really feeling what is making this compelling at the moment.

To be fair, I'm sure it feels differently for those who enjoy musou games more than turn-based strategy. But to also be fair, it's kind of hard to figure out who the Fire Emblem fans are that would actually feel that way.

Eh, we'll see....

I'm hyped...

MOAR plz, I have the game pre-orded. They should have put the Ashen Wolves with the Ashen Demon :D

Edit: We Need Argathan Dubstep Warriors Remix

Holy moly I want the OST already XD.

The two previously unknown Treasure Box acryllic figures have been revealed to be Shez (M) and Shez (F), as seen at the end of the JP trailer.

The first game did a pretty thorough job of telling a completed story and then some. Is anyone out there already feeling nostalgic for more Garreg Mach right now? I feel like I lived a lifetime there already.
The answer to this point is yes. Three Houses was three years ago now, so while last year I was still burned out, this summer I'm ready to dive back into that world again. It's like getting a sequel to a long book.
To be fair, I'm sure it feels differently for those who enjoy musou games more than turn-based strategy. But to also be fair, it's kind of hard to figure out who the Fire Emblem fans are that would actually feel that way.
This is a little condescending, I think. It's possible to like two different things for different reasons. Lots of Fire Emblem fans enjoy other types of games.

How can y’all tell those are Hilda’s brother and Caspar’s dad? We never saw their designs in three houses at all no?

Looks very good glad i used my voucher on this and the mario strikers sequel

The answer to this point is yes. Three Houses was three years ago now, so while last year I was still burned out, this summer I'm ready to dive back into that world again. It's like getting a sequel to a long book.

Fair enough.

I guess that's part of what's noticeable to me here, though. It's not really a sequel. It seems to me like yet another version of a story that already had multiple versions of it. But, the more I think about it....I guess that's a pretty popular approach in today's media environment.

Either way, if it's in-line with what you're looking for, I'm happy for you.

This is a little condescending, I think. It's possible to like two different things for different reasons. Lots of Fire Emblem fans enjoy other types of games.

Sorry if you read it that way. I didn't mean it as condescending. Of course people like different styles of video games, myself included. I think you're missing both my context and phrasing here, but no worries.

My post was really just a personal reaction dump, perhaps phrased poorly.

How can y’all tell those are Hilda’s brother and Caspar’s dad? We never saw their designs in three houses at all no?
It's just assumptions, but for the person who appears to be Holst besides the hair color, he also the Crest of Goneril on his cape.
As for Count Bergliez, not sure if I'm missing anything but as far as lore goes he'd be one of the few characters we haven't seen who could go toe to toe with Holst, also he's a Gauntlet user which Caspar excels in.

Some more info from the Website:

In the armament part, you can move freely in the outpost, interact with your friends, and strengthen your army. You can train the hero himself and his friends for the next battle, deepen the bonds with his friends through various exchange elements and enjoy conversation(supports are in)

Advance to the point where the main quest occurs, while checking the situation on the map. Various events will occur on the map such as "Merchant Anna" who sells valuables, "survey points" where rewards can be obtained, and "Extra Quests" for a limited time.(so looks like special shops, sidequests, and unique reward battles maybe?)

Not only can you fight for yourself, but you can also give instructions to your allies to take advantage of the battle situation. If you appoint an "adjutant" you can protect yourself from enemy attacks and work together to perform great moves. In the battle with the huge enemy the "demon beasts", an incandescent battle that fights together with allies of various types of soldiers develops.(Bit awkward translation, but basically exciting battles vs demon beasts)

By changing the "type of troops", the compatibility of actions and advantages and disadvantages with enemy soldiers changes . If any character meets the conditions, you can freely acquire the types of troops except for some special types, so you can enjoy free character development
by combining with the characteristics unique to each character . Also, if you raise the level of the troops and master the "class", you can acquire higher level troops.

I wonder if it's going to be sub res similar to AoC?

I have to say, I did not expect myself to get this excited. I hate the fact that Sunbreak comes out a week after Warriors and it looks there's multiple routes too 😭.

Wow, amazing. I expected a just a warriors, like the 2017 one, but this seems to be basically fire emblem three houses but changing the tactical battles for musou battles.

It's wonderful to see how koei tecmo and omega force not just do a musou with each franchise they get, but they put a great effort in adapting the musou style to the game they are based on.

And also, I'm glad you can choose Byleth genre, the more options the better, like the first game.

I wonder if it's going to be sub res similar to AoC?

I have to say, I did not expect myself to get this excited. I hate the fact that Sunbreak comes out a week after Warriors and it looks there's multiple routes too 😭.
The trailer seems to be 720-900p 25-30fps.
I find the new footage wayyyy more stable than what we got with the AoC trailers.

Wow that trailer kinda me do a complete 180. I’m really interested now.
Same. Before the trailer I was pre-ordering the Limited Edition and was like yeah maybe I do it. Then I saw the trailer and got sold. Story looks enticing and I loved the characters and world in Three Houses so yeah!

is it bad this kinda of turned me off the game a little it looks more like the Hyrule warriors/FE warriors less like age of calamity.

I guess that's part of what's noticeable to me here, though. It's not really a sequel. It seems to me like yet another version of a story that already had multiple versions of it.
I think this is the key to what you're saying, and I reacted too quickly before, I'm sorry. I can totally understand feeling this way, and if I look at the game from this angle it does look less appealing, certainly.

So there are 24 non-unique classes in the base game, which would be a good amount of movesets. However, I imagine the practical number would be a bit smaller since some classes might be excluded (or some classes will serve as strict upgrades and don't have any moveset differences)

Plus unique classes for each Lord, the protag, and Byleth (even if they're a villain throughout, they're going to end up playable some way or another) and we could be looking at some pretty solid moveset diversity

three-hopes-portrait-hubert.jpg

three-hopes-portrait-dedue.jpg

three-hopes-portrait-hilda.jpg

New Portraits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom