• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes announced, launching June 24 (UPDATE: new "Leicester Alliance" trailer, see threadmarks)

Status
Not open for further replies.
three-hopes-portrait-hubert.jpg

three-hopes-portrait-dedue.jpg

three-hopes-portrait-hilda.jpg

New Portraits
Dedue looks so good, my god.

Wow, I was not interested in this at all but today's trailer has basically turned me completely around. I liked Hyrule Warriors, fell off of FEW, and really liked AoC so I think I may jump on this one. The character redesigns look really good so far!

Yeah, I'm really liking what they've shown here. Happy to go back to Fodlan and these characters.

This and Xenoblade are my most anticipated games this year. Gotta squeeze in a full replay of 3H before this comes out though.

Male Byleth is back, I jumped for joy. Won't hold my breath of anything when it comes to S-supports if they even exist in this game, but I can live in my fantasy a bit longer. Byleth as the "antagonist" is a very interesting set-up story wise, there's a lot to unpack. The game looks very good overall. I missed this cast and world a lot so I cannot wait to dive back in!

Coming late to this due to no internet at my end but the narrative shift with three alternate routes again is an interesting move. So now we'll be up to 7 'What-If' scenarios for Three Houses lore instead of 4.

I do feel Byleth as a villain is a bait and switch. Maybe more of an antagonist role at start before they join forces against the real villain. Would kinda fly in the face of all the character development in Three Houses proper for Byleth to suddenly become evil just because they didn't teach at Garreg Mach.

I do hope this doesn't descend too much into fanfic territory with this new original character being the missing link that 'saves' the main cast from an ultimate terrible fate, much as I like the idea of a route in which the cast are a bit more co-operative.

As for the gameplay itself, looks good, and props to the individual who correctly guessed they would allow warriors to change class.

I don't know what's with FE and the male avatars having the more appealing hair styles? Other than Corrin, perhaps, which are quiet equal. That's of course an "in my opinion", but the female ones kind of look the same each time and it's not even like they can't make compelling hairstyles for female characters. Perhaps they should ditch the male avatar short, female avatar long template they seem to have going?

Also glad to see male Byleth. I hope the next FE just goes for a unisex design and doesn't repeat the showing skin, short with stockings type of deal for the female one. (Psssssst, women wear long trousers, too.)

It would be interesting if they tapped more into the racism and prejudice angle with Claude's side of the game.

"The Ashen Demon Protagonist of Fire Emblem Three Houses. Overwhelmingly powerful, they are the most formidable enemy standing in the way of this game's protagonist."

Confirmed: there are multiple routes. My god this game is going to be freaking big and long to complete lol.

yeah a warrors game with multiple routes sounds insane unless they somehow all converge

Honestly, KT has done an amazing job in making me really excited for Warrior games such as Age of Calamity and Three Hopes. So much effort are put into these spin offs lol.
Yeah, I've only gotten into musous thanks to all these great spin offs they've developed. They've got great synergy going with Nintendo/IS.

Honestly, KT has done an amazing job in making me really excited for Warrior games such as Age of Calamity and Three Hopes. So much effort are put into these spin offs lol.
Their new approach to licensed Musous (less celebrations of an entire franchises and more finely tuned homages to single, popular titles) seems to be working out pretty great for them. Helps each game stand out better and captures more of the inspirations.For all the complaints people throw at AoC, it really did capture a lot of the feel of BoTW, at least for me, which is one of the reasons I like it so much

Plus it doesn't hurt that they've really refined their combat with all that as well

Their new approach to licensed Musous (less celebrations of an entire franchises and more finely tuned homages to single, popular titles) seems to be working out pretty great for them. Helps each game stand out better and captures more of the inspirations.For all the complaints people throw at AoC, it really did capture a lot of the feel of BoTW, at least for me, which is one of the reasons I like it so much

Plus it doesn't hurt that they've really refined their combat with all that as well
The only thing I wish and something that I’ve said I think every time I talk about this or AoC, is that they went with the way musous usually handle the story. Which is to say you have the main “canon” story and then a ton of branching off points for alternate storylines.

The only thing I wish and something that I’ve said I think every time I talk about this or AoC, is that they went with the way musous usually handle the story. Which is to say you have the main “canon” story and then a ton of branching off points for alternate storylines.
This one could easily go with the structure of DW8

This one could easily go with the structure of DW8
Yeah but from what I am seeing it is more of a AoC best route with some glimpses as to what may have happened during the war.

I was hoping that since 3H has an established period where the kingdoms war while anglers sleeps we could have seen that plus the story they wanna tell but alas ┐(´∇`)┌

Yeah but from what I am seeing it is more of a AoC best route with some glimpses as to what may have happened during the war.

I was hoping that since 3H has an established period where the kingdoms war while anglers sleeps we could have seen that plus the story they wanna tell but alas ┐(´∇`)┌
I mean, technically that happens in DW8, even though each kingdom has its own chapters in the end the ending its the same (Jin wins) and playing the 3 kingdoms just complement the main historical events, Having the hypothetical routes is an extra. I could totally see they using this in F3H

I mean, technically that happens in DW8, even though each kingdom has its own chapters in the end the ending its the same (Jin wins) and playing the 3 kingdoms just complement the main historical events, Having the hypothetical routes is an extra. I could totally see they using this in F3H
True. Now if only we got to play the War of Eight Princes.

Dont sleep on persona strikers, guys
As a big Persona 3+4 fan (the latter especially) and a spin off musou fan -- I didn't like P5S. Felt like it actually wasn't musou enough for me, ironically. My generally low appreciation of P5 itself probably also played a role here.

I forgot that Touken Ranbu Warriors comes to the west in may. And looking at screenshots you can tell that either KT has multiple engines, unlikely, or that their spinoff teams, in Touken case is Ruby Party, really give it their all into the little details, at leasts in character models.
screenshot06
fire-emblem-warriors-three-hopes-edelgard.jpg

I forgot that Touken Ranbu Warriors comes to the west in may. And looking at screenshots you can tell that either KT has multiple engines, unlikely, or that their spinoff teams, in Touken case is Ruby Party, really give it their all into the little details, at leasts in character models.
screenshot06
fire-emblem-warriors-three-hopes-edelgard.jpg
Pic below looks amazing!

Also there are a lot of things that make spin-offs look better than KT own warrior games even if all use the same engine (even Atelier games use it!) first all both games are made with Switch in mind so the games are optimized from the start to look good on the Switch compared to KT own titles which started really as PS4 titles , spin-off titles also tend to have higher budgets due to higher expected sales and they also have more time of production compared to KT own Warrior games that are yearly franchises so they are made a lot quicker (I’m not saying they make the games in one year just shorter production times).

I can see that. Not only optimization but by working on another companies IP, they can get access to assets, people etc. And its working , their best selling musuo is AoC and I figure FE is gonna be up there.

But yeah some of KT underrated teams are Gust and Ruby, which does otome games and worked on Buddy Mission. Their character models, animations and art are fantastic.

I can see that. Not only optimization but by working on another companies IP, they can get access to assets, people etc. And its working , their best selling musuo is AoC and I figure FE is gonna be up there.

But yeah some of KT underrated teams are Gust and Ruby, which does otome games and worked on Buddy Mission. Their character models, animations and art are fantastic.
yeah, I'm really looking forward to the work Gust puts into the graphical side of the new FE

I have to say, the frame rate looks so much better compared to AoC. Maybe because the maps are not as large and detailed as AoC? Regardless, I'm really excited, I'll play 1 route and then play Sunbreak once that comes out and return to the other routes somehow 😭.

Sylvain and Felix look so bad I'm cracking up 🤣
But their in game model looks better so that's a plus! We're getting the whole class!!

I'm so hyped to see the other designs now!!

I have to say, the frame rate looks so much better compared to AoC. Maybe because the maps are not as large and detailed as AoC? Regardless, I'm really excited, I'll play 1 route and then play Sunbreak once that comes out and return to the other routes somehow 😭.
no/less grass 🙃

Glad they're starting off with the best house.

The reason why they look better in game is because their portraits seem to just be edits of their normal post timeskip portraits from TH so they can look awkward

youtube link

Was considering maybe going with another house to mix things up, but best house is still best house.

So it seems all the students at least will be playable, plus the extra characters we already know about like Monica. Seems like a pretty big roster

Was considering maybe going with another house to mix things up, but best house is still best house.

So it seems all the students at least will be playable, plus the extra characters we already know about like Monica. Seems like a pretty big roster
I imagine the reason is because they don't need to make a unique playstyle for every character, but rather just classes that they can reclass into, hence letting them have a bigger than average warriors roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom