• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes announced, launching June 24 (UPDATE: new "Leicester Alliance" trailer, see threadmarks)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm very optimistic about that mainline game still hitting this year. I consider Warriors to be a bonus, a welcome surprise in addition to the new game and remake. We haven't had any new Fire Emblem games since the 3 houses dlc dropped over 2 years ago so this is a very welcome outcome.
Dropping a mainline game and a high-profile spin-off in the same year might be a bit much. If the mainline game Nate's talking about exists (and tbh there's no reason for it not to just because this game does) then I could see it being an early next year thing with the Geneology remake pushed to 2024.

But who knows, I'd be super down for a mainline FE in the December slot

Dropping a mainline game and a high-profile spin-off in the same year might be a bit much. If the mainline game Nate's talking about exists (and tbh there's no reason for it not to just because this game does) then I could see it being an early next year thing with the Geneology remake pushed to 2024.

But who knows, I'd be super down for a mainline FE in the December slot
We got the original Fire Emblem Warriors and Echoes in the same year. I know Echoes was a remake but it was a complete rebuild from the ground up of a Famicom game. It was also an unlocalized one so it was no different to being a new game to 99.9 percent of people outside Japan. I think it's possible.

I far prefer the musuos like this and AoC that are set in one particular game world, compared to the original FEW or Hyrule Warriors, which were bland mish-mashes.

I'll definitely pick this one up.
Same here, despite loving the Zelda series I never cared for the All-Star approach of the first Hyrule Warriors game and preferred the BotW-focus of Age of Calamity. Meanwhile the first Fire Emblem Warriors focused on mainly three games yet didn't take place in any of them. I'm hoping that by narrowing the scope to Fire Emblem: Three Houses we can get something more along the lines of AoC.

I think Nintendo found the best Nintendo-themed musou formula. Instead of an all-star approach, make it a complementary side story to your main game. Koei really banking on this partnership.

Love Three Houses and I quite like the Nintendo Warriors games so this is an insta-buy for me.

I’m just so glad to see these characters again mainly. I didn’t think we’d get any more content related to 3H. Sign me up.

I hope its more like Age of Calamity than FE warriors where you could clear 90% of the content in 50-60 hours instead of almost never ending.

And this was not the Fire Emblem I spoke of. The FE I've spoken of is a mainline entry. My contact was not aware of this title and did not confuse one for the other.
Aww yea, Hype restored!

That effectively makes this Bonus Emblem, which is a terrific Emblem to have alongside our meat-and-potatoes Emblems.

Also, wow at NCL's ability to keep games secret this long and deep into development from their own foreign office personnel. 👏

I'm very optimistic about that mainline game still hitting this year. I consider Warriors to be a bonus, a welcome surprise in addition to the new game and remake. We haven't had any new Fire Emblem games since the 3 houses dlc dropped over 2 years ago so this is a very welcome outcome.
It would be a welcome announcement, but (and I believe Nate mentioned this in another post), Nintendo is cramming in releases now as a side-effect of covid delays.

This is only February, but we are already anticipating a feasible Fall-Winter release slate that could look like Xenoblade 3, Bayonetta 3, Metroid Prime HD and Breath of the Wild 2 back2back2back2back. Thats just the titles we know, up in the air what Nintendo announces in June!

But not that I think on it, this Arceus slot has worked out pretty well for the game. And January-Feb is still technically fiscal year 2022 :)

Ooh that sounds like a great special edition, with some interesting items. Definitely keeping my eye on this.

I, too, felt a bit baited by the opening with a Warriors version of FE, but in the end I had quite a bit of fun with HW:AoC, so I'll probably enjoy this as well. I do hope we'll get some proper FE action this year, but hopes are shrinking for that. 2023 seems more likely, unfortunately.

The casual game wasn't Switch Sports. It remains unannounced.

I didn't say XBC3 was likely to be delayed. I entertained the possibility it could find itself facing a small delay, pending how smoothly optimization went which caused the game to be delayed from 2021 to 2022. Within the context of the conversation, it was obvious speculation & entertaining a potential outcome.

And this was not the Fire Emblem I spoke of. The FE I've spoken of is a mainline entry. My contact was not aware of this title and did not confuse one for the other.
... Hype restored! Do you still think that game is going to be 2022? Or does this announcement make you doubt that? H2 is still open, of course, and a Warriors game won't really take away from a mainline that much, so that's still a possibility. I do wonder where it would fit, though: September has XBC3, and November is likely to be BOTW2 (or at least not to be fully reserved for an FE game), so it'd have to slot in in like October or August I think. H2 is quite full with Splatoon 3 as wel (likely in late July), so it'll be a tight squeeze. Then again, 2019 was a tight squeeze as well, and it fit in just perfectly!

Edit: Oh yeah, as you mentioned elsewhere, the December slot is a possibility as well.

I didn't say XBC3 was likely to be delayed. I entertained the possibility it could find itself facing a small delay, pending how smoothly optimization went which caused the game to be delayed from 2021 to 2022. Within the context of the conversation, it was obvious speculation & entertaining a potential outcome.

Thanks for replying Nate and to be clear I'm not holding you to account for what was said on the stream. Its understood that you go with the info you have and that info may or may not be accurate. Since the first half of 2022 is so stacked maybe these titles that you speak of have been held up until the second half of the year?

So there's 2 more FE games coming in next years? New mainline and FE Genealogy Remake? I'm struggling to see them release a new mainline FE game this year.

More Three Houses content. F*ck Yeah!

And there's a Limited Edition? My wallet will be ready, if it wants or not!

Same here, despite loving the Zelda series I never cared for the All-Star approach of the first Hyrule Warriors game and preferred the BotW-focus of Age of Calamity. Meanwhile the first Fire Emblem Warriors focused on mainly three games yet didn't take place in any of them. I'm hoping that by narrowing the scope to Fire Emblem: Three Houses we can get something more along the lines of AoC.

It being narratively along the lines of AoC is my nightmare, lol.

I hated the narrative of that game and the worst thing I can imagine is they pull the same nonsense "here have a world where a bunch of deus ex machinas mean everything ends up happy and as a sort of golden ending" type of thing here.

So there's 2 more FE games coming in next years? New mainline and FE Genealogy Remake? I'm struggling to see them release a new mainline FE game this year.
Maybe the mainline FE was meant for this year and another game that was announced for 2022 was meant for 2021 in the initial plan. So now that game has gotten FE spot and FE will be an early 2023 release?

Maybe the mainline FE was meant for this year and another game that was announced for 2022 was meant for 2021 in the initial plan. So now that game has gotten FE spot and FE will be an early 2023 release?
I just saw Nate's new comments, it seems there are total of 3 games. Either we are getting Warriors and new FE mainline game this year OR a new FE game a year: 2022: Three Hopes, 2023: FE18 and 2024: FE Remake.

Talk about FE overload lol.

Technically, if that Gust x IntSys FE game is still slated for 2022, it could be a December game.

I just saw Emily's and Nate's new comments, it seems there are total of 3 games. Either we are getting Warriors and new FE mainline game this year OR a new FE game a year: 2022: Three Hopes, 2023: FE18 and 2024: FE Remake.

Three hopes will almost certainly get a expansion pass lasting most of a year too, in the same way the previous 3 Nintendo warriors games have.

I wouldn't dismiss the possibility of such an outcome playing out. There being a spinoff certainly leaves the door open for them to bring a mainline entry out towards the latter half of the year. We'll see how things go.

FEW3H was a surprise, but it doesn't change the prior info of a new mainline game and a remake being in development for Switch.
maybe the initial plan suffered an internal delay, who knows. maybe this upcoming brand new FE has been pushed in early 2023 but in 2022/23 fiscal year and will be announced in september, with Genealogy of the Holy war pushed into 2023/24. after all this current fiscal year is already pretty packed, with a pending 2022 release date for Botw 2 but with Metroid Prime HD and something Pokémon still to be announced, so a delay to space out the releases would be perfectly reasonable

This is good. Give the Three Houses cast a bit more spotlight and in the mean time we get a new FE later this year probably. I am curious :D
Don't ask me, he was the one that was so confident about a new ambitious mainline Fire Emblem sequel in 2022 lol
As far as I am concerned the year isn't over yet. So I wouldn't put the lack of a new Fire Emblem in this direct that a new one isn't coming. They didn't show Bayonetta 3 or Zelda either. It is only February and we are due probably two directs for 2022 so yeah :D.

Putting Fire Emblem Warriors together with a mainline title would hurt the sales I think.

I just saw Emily's and Nate's new comments, it seems there are total of 3 games. Either we are getting Warriors and new FE mainline game this year OR a new FE game a year: 2022: Three Hopes, 2023: FE18 and 2024: FE Remake.

That’s good
Where did you see the comments?

Personally I don't mind this being a AoC style alternate story because, well, Three Houses was already a collection of four alternate stories following a similar path but with different outcomes. Adding a fifth isn't that much of a stretch, it's just another path through the same world.

Also I don't mind if it follows AoC and gives a 'happy ending' to the cast by having them all unite against a different threat. I actually felt like Three Houses missed a trick by not having a route like that. Yeah you can have the other endings where it's ultimately the last house standing, but given the popularity of all the characters would have been a nice nod to have one route where they all come to an accord of some kind.

I wouldn't dismiss the possibility of such an outcome playing out. There being a spinoff certainly leaves the door open for them to bring a mainline entry out towards the latter half of the year. We'll see how things go.

FEW3H was a surprise, but it doesn't change the prior info of a new mainline game and a remake being in development for Switch.
the first thing I thought with FEW3H being announced already is that maybe they would hold a mainline (or remake or whatever) for holiday season in case BOTW2 gets delayed

Oh no 3 hopes is making me reconsider wanting to get 3 houses … I mean my srpg lock has been getting better, I took down SRWV and X in about half a year.

Then again if I can play this without playing houses that’s great as musous are more my style

Jeeze…Nintendo has really gone all-in on Fire Emblem haven’t they?

It being narratively along the lines of AoC is my nightmare, lol.

I hated the narrative of that game and the worst thing I can imagine is they pull the same nonsense "here have a world where a bunch of deus ex machinas mean everything ends up happy and as a sort of golden ending" type of thing here.
That's understandable, personally I don't play Musou titles for the narrative so I had no problems with AoC. From the moment the little guardian went through the portal it was clear they were setting up an alternate timeline so I didn't wring my head over the story elements that conflicted with BotW, I just enjoyed the character interactions and gameplay.

Looking at this new Fire Emblem Warriors I think it's clear we'll see a similar "golden ending" where all three House leaders join forces.

I think it’d be nice actually to have FEW TH be the “golden route” where everyone teams up. Considering the main game didn’t have such a thing like Fates did, this could be the substitute for it. There’s no “canon” path in Three Houses, and this game clearly won’t be one either, so essentially anyone can have their preferred storyline of what happens to these characters. If you want your own personal canon to be that Edelgard, Dimitri, and Claude to put aside their differences and become best buds with each other, maybe this game will give that to you!

Intelligent Systems' knows the "all-star" formula is best saved for the inevitable Fire Emblem fighting game spin-off.

I think it’d be nice actually to have FEW TH be the “golden route” where everyone teams up. Considering the main game didn’t have such a thing like Fates did, this could be the substitute for it. There’s no “canon” path in Three Houses, and this game clearly won’t be one either, so essentially anyone can have their preferred storyline of what happens to these characters. If you want your own personal canon to be that Edelgard, Dimitri, and Claude to put aside their differences and become best buds with each other, maybe this game will give that to you!

My problem is more that those opportunities turned up in the various routes of the three houses game, and they were turned down in each case for what the character believed in.

If it goes differently, it won't be accurate to who the characters were, which given they're probably the most interesting and developed fire emblem cast, is a bit frustrating to me on a personal expectations level.

But I'll wait for the game to actually come out before shitting on it for a mistake it might yet still not make.

Maybe now Byleth will get a personality? Maybe? Please? Literally my biggest gripe with Three Houses.

Hm, while I’m annoyed it’s based off a game lacking dragon and beaststone classes, on the plus side every included class should get repped considering they have freedom to pull whoever they want for the playable roster. Heck wouldn’t be surprised to see characters with clone movesets they can change too since they have all the character models from 3 houses already. So that’s a perk over FEW where title characters limited the roster picks.

I’ll probably just read a synopsis of 3 houses to be honest. If I work on any FE I might go back to my copy of awakening

Hm, while I’m annoyed it’s based off a game lacking dragon and beaststone classes, on the plus side every included class should get repped considering they have freedom to pull whoever they want for the playable roster. Heck wouldn’t be surprised to see characters with clone movesets they can change too since they have all the character models from 3 houses already. So that’s a perk over FEW where title characters limited the roster picks.

I’ll probably just read a synopsis of 3 houses to be honest. If I work on any FE I might go back to my copy of awakening
It's well worth playing if you have any interest in SRPGs

Given the timing of the release, I could imagine an E3-ish Direct having a segment where they show a new trailer for FEW3H with a "Just a few more weeks until this game releases!" followed immediately by an announcement for the new game. Would it still come this year? Possibly, but Nintendo seems to be in the unusual position of having a bunch of complete or near-complete games ready all at the same time and may want to space them out, so maybe it will be pushed to early next year. It feels like the resolution of COVID-related delays are starting to cause a bit of a bottleneck for their release schedule.

It's well worth playing if you have any interest in SRPGs
I get indecision lock which is why FEA has sat in my backlog for the past couple years barely started(got to where the one chick is getting murdered during a mission I think). But after beating 2 SRWs in a row I’m willing to give it another go

Given the timing of the release, I could imagine an E3-ish Direct having a segment where they show a new trailer for FEW3H with a "Just a few more weeks until this game releases!" followed immediately by an announcement for the new game. Would it still come this year? Possibly, but Nintendo seems to be in the unusual position of having a bunch of complete or near-complete games ready all at the same time and may want to space them out, so maybe it will be pushed to early next year. It feels like the resolution of COVID-related delays are starting to cause a bit of a bottleneck for their release schedule.
This is a factor. The title I've spoken of also has a fairly meaningful marketing plan attached to it. Reflecting on it now... the marketing plan makes more sense for a holiday release, but that's my speculation based on what I know the marketing is/was.

This is a factor. The title I've spoken of also has a fairly meaningful marketing plan attached to it. Reflecting on it now... the marketing plan makes more sense for a holiday release, but that's my speculation based on what I know the marketing is/was.
HYpe increasingggg

Where is all the talk about "set in the future/space" coming from btw? I don't think that was from Nate, not from the podcast anyway.

And O lawd, I just saw that Emily is confident there is both a new mainline entry and an "Echoes" title well along in development. 🤯

Pretty sure that was a joke, but it's a good example of how things are taken out of context when people read a summary devoid of context.
Amen, I'm confident that vast majority of folks here and appreciate your informational contributions and understand the context its given. And also that this is videogames so NBD if something doesn't materialize.

Btw Nate, I know from your comments you are hyped on the new mainline title, but have you also heard the "both mainline and echoes are coming Soon~ish" thing? That makes me think one of those must surely have originally been slated for 2021, until Covid threw everything off.
Else that sounds like the release scheduling will be really crowded for FE strategy titles. As a series fan, I'd usually expect at least a couple years btwn even a new Mainline and Echoes release.

YOU GUYS

I am just so happy this exists. Age of Calamity is a 7/10, but it's a 7/10 that I ADORE. The world of Fodlan is a setting and a cast that I love. This is a recipe for a game that won't necessarily be great; but that I will have an amazing time with.

Y'all ready for the lame fan fiction ending where everyone holds hands and sings campfire songs?

Because it's coming
Yes! :D

I'm counting on it, and I will enjoy the ride, I think.

In hindsight, it was pretty obvious it would happen. All the map from 3H look like Warrior map when you go in "first person"

Amen, I'm confident that vast majority of folks here and appreciate your informational contributions and understand the context its given. And also that this is videogames so NBD if something doesn't materialize.

Btw Nate, I know from your comments you are hyped on the new mainline title, but have you also heard the "both mainline and echoes are coming Soon~ish" thing? That makes me think one of those must surely have originally been slated for 2021, until Covid threw everything off.
Else that sounds like the release scheduling will be really crowded for FE strategy titles. As a series fan, I'd usually expect at least a couple years btwn even a new Mainline and Echoes release.
Yes. There's a new mainline & a remake of FE4/Holy War in the works for Switch. The former is completed or near completion. The latter is deep in development. The order of release for them has been shuffled around due to COVID impacts.

Yes. There's a new mainline & a remake of FE4/Holy War in the works for Switch. The former is completed or near completion. The latter is deep in development. The order of release for them has been shuffled around due to COVID impacts.
Nate I'm curious. Did you know about Three Hope or did the announcement surprise you?

Nate can you confirm that the new mainline game is developed in collaboration with Gust ? It's weird to change the team that helped on Three Houses when it's the most popular game of the series.

Nate can you confirm that the new mainline game is developed in collaboration with Gust ? It's weird to change the team that helped on Three Houses when it's the most popular game of the series.
To my understanding, the main development team is the Three Houses team. Gust may be assisting in some way, though, perhaps with the general look of the game. Gust games typically have clean art direction.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom