• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Fire Emblem Engage |ST| Your Hidden Desire to Have Neon Joy-Con-Coloured Hair. Mark spoilers!

There are a bunch of really wholesome and funny supp convs. As of now, all of Louis are great. I need to cook more.

Wait how tf are you supposed to do Leif’s paralouge when the ballistas one shot everyone from across the map?
Leave the fliers at home for that one. What I did was just click on them to show their range and focus on taking them down one at a time. If you can’t get to them due to a large amount of enemies, only give them tanky targets to shoot at by just having armour knights or anyone else with crazy defence step inside their range and wait until they run out of ammunition before bringing up softer targets.

Leave the fliers at home for that one. What I did was just click on them to show their range and focus on taking them down one at a time. If you can’t get to them due to a large amount of enemies, only give them tanky targets to shoot at by just having armour knights or anyone else with crazy defence step inside their range and wait until they run out of ammunition before bringing up softer targets.
Oh that’s really smart. Thanks.

Lyn's Paralogue on Normal goes from tough but manageable to whirling dervish insanity right at the end. It's easily the most I've rewound on any map thus far.

Just in case it’s of interest to anyone enjoying Fire Emblem and wanting more once they reach the end, Redemption Reapers is directed by a previous FE director, and is out next month. There’s a new gameplay trailer out too

Public information broadcast ends :D

Meanwhile, in FE, chapter 19 was a fun battle. Looking forward to being able to discuss it more once more people are reaching the end but I’ve really enjoyed the battles in this- that
corrupted mist mechanic that buffs enemies and debuffs allies, but can be cleared by Corrin’s terrain effects and fire artillery, is a really fun idea to work around. Especially when there’s a boss hiding in one.

Hortensia's VA did a surprisingly good job at the start of Chapter 13, I thought it was gonna be one of those strained 4kids kinda voices but was pleasantly surprised

There are a few later chapters that essentially have "soft" turn timers, where they will continuously spawn an overwhelming amount of reinforcements every turn and you need to defeat the boss before being overwhelmed.

They were fun once I knew that's what was going on, but it was a bit frustrating the first few times where I would lose the map for being too defensive.

One map was pretty funny as I had three characters holding a choke point against literally 40 enemies just massed up below them.

I played on Hard so this may not be the case on lower difficulties.

Just did my first Relay Trial: 6C3BFR2

If anybody wants to pick it up.

So it's essentially a map that 5 people take turns playing? Do later folks spawn in their own units?

EDIT: Here is another since I have so many tickets: 629MY6J

Last edited:
Try to do a Tempest trial. The game recommended level 22 and I was completely destroyed in the first map, like in 4 turns

After Tactics Ogre, playing this in normal was the best descision I could have made.

I just send my precious units rolling on some goons, build up my favorite supports and enjoy watching the numbers going up.

After Tactics Ogre, playing this in normal was the best descision I could have made.

I just send my precious units rolling on some goons, build up my favorite supports and enjoy watching the numbers going up.
Yup, I did exactly the same and it's been a blast.

Tried again Tempest trial with level 18 and was able to finish the 3 maps! The stats jump like crazy after level 21

Also since I'm waiting in the hospital until the results of a medical test, did the s-ring exploit and yeah, Claude S level ring adding +1 to range attacks is op for your archer

Yup, I did exactly the same and it's been a blast.

Tried again Tempest trial with level 18 and was able to finish the 3 maps! The stats jump like crazy after level 21

Also since I'm waiting in the hospital until the results of a medical test, did the s-ring exploit and yeah, Claude S level ring adding +1 to range attacks is op for your archer

S ring exploit? Thinking about it, you could easily save scum when pulling random bond rings... Is that what you meant?

Yeah, that. You can save scum for S rings very easy here. Since I don't know when the doctor is calling for me didn't want to start a story chapter

It's a great idea, I should do it as well , like you said Claude's looks ridiculous.

Looking at all the skills listed, it's a bit weird that Sorens only gives you a %dex chance to double cast wind, but Dire thunder on Olwen does the same 100% of the time for thunder.

It's a great idea, I should do it as well , like you said Claude's looks ridiculous.

Looking at all the skills listed, it's a bit weird that Sorens only gives you a %dex chance to double cast wind, but Dire thunder on Olwen does the same 100% of the time for thunder.
Yeah Olwen is also op and its the one I'm looking for.

And just to detail, the ring pool is static until certain events like entering a story chapter ( skirmish don't re-roll the pool) and they don't re-roll if You reload the game.

SO You save the Game, create 10 rings and see if You get an S rank. If You get one You can reload and only pay for the necesary pulls until the s rank ring appeared. So if the 3rd pull was the s ring, You can reload and just pay for 3 pulls saving 700 shards

Last edited:
There are a few later chapters that essentially have "soft" turn timers, where they will continuously spawn an overwhelming amount of reinforcements every turn and you need to defeat the boss before being overwhelmed.

They were fun once I knew that's what was going on, but it was a bit frustrating the first few times where I would lose the map for being too defensive.

One map was pretty funny as I had three characters holding a choke point against literally 40 enemies just massed up below them.

I played on Hard so this may not be the case on lower difficulties.
When does this start? I felt like it was happening in the first map with the Solm princess and the bandits, so many enemies kept appearing from a single dark spot that if they were all there from the start they must have been standing in a big huddle and I find that kind of funny to imagine.

Chapter 17 on Maddening is insanity, glad I finally got past it because I was stuck on it for a pretty long time. Definitely feel more confident going forward now because I learned how to abuse every single thing I can to get past that hellhole of a map, felt VERY good when I did it but damn that was a spike.

When does this start? I felt like it was happening in the first map with the Solm princess and the bandits, so many enemies kept appearing from a single dark spot that if they were all there from the start they must have been standing in a big huddle and I find that kind of funny to imagine.
Chapter 20 was when I first noticed it, but I wouldn't be surprised if earlier maps also do it, I may have just beaten those before they started churning out reinforcements.

So, had to restart the game on hard and I’m enjoying a lot more, but still the same problem with a lot of 20-30-40% hit rates landing on my characters.

The engage mechanic has been a must be for me so far, because I couldn’t beat any map without it. And because of that, I have to go to the somniel frequently to create, meld, or polish rings. Training, cooking and bonding is also important to level up the supports or be able to inherit skills (that must be inherited by the class, not by the rings). So that more streamlined game? my ass.

The map designs up to chapter 8 are basics and nothing noteworthy, so hopefully in the later chapters is more interesting.

Finally, I warmed on the characters and art designs, no problem there, even if it is far from being my favorites.

In terms of writing, nothing offensive and easily skippable, as I wouldn’t miss anything important. Viva Yunaka, btw. And Alear laughing at Eunie 2.0. Boucheron’s biceps must be studied.

So, had to restart the game on hard and I’m enjoying a lot more, but still the same problem with a lot of 20-30-40% hit rates landing on my characters.
I could be way off and just getting typical variance in hits and probability, but I feel like this game is WAY more likely to have lower percentage hits hit and higher percentage hits miss than Three Houses. Is it using "true" probability, and not the "roll twice not-quite-true" probability that Three Houses did? Or am I just making things up and it's the same, just feels different for some reason?

Is there a different in S Ring exploit? From what I have seen and what I posted before you are locked into your ranks for the rings until you do a battle. The only way to change what you get is to create bond rings under a different Emblem Ring. If you get all C rank Rings from Edelgard and reset your game, you will still get all C rank rings under a different Emblem. If you get an S rank skill from Edelgard but want a different S Rank skill, you can fish for another one by resetting as you are guaranteed an S Rank ring with a skill under a different Emblem. But you still may not get the specific S Ring you want.

The most efficent way I have found to look for a specific S Ring is to stockpile a good amount of bond crystals (I had 10,000+) and a few Relay tickets ( I had 3 at the time). Do the above process, if the Emblem pool doesn't have the specific S Ring you want, reset the game, do a quick relay battle for two turns, and try the above process again. That's how I got Diedre S Ring with Renewal which allows me to Chain Guard more frequently.

I could be way off and just getting typical variance in hits and probability, but I feel like this game is WAY more likely to have lower percentage hits hit and higher percentage hits miss than Three Houses. Is it using "true" probability, and not the "roll twice not-quite-true" probability that Three Houses did? Or am I just making things up and it's the same, just feels different for some reason?
It's using true hit at below 50% and 2RN above it, like Fates. It's just confirmation bias that makes the RNG seem unfair

It's using true hit at below 50% and 2RN above it, like Fates. It's just confirmation bias that makes the RNG seem unfair
Is that what Three Houses used as well? It probably is just confirmation bias, no doubt, but I could swear that getting hit by chances <20% is MUCH more likely in this game

I honestly don’t know. It’s giving me that impression as even a 15% hit. Thankfully that didn’t kill me and the game still has some mercy because other enemies went against other characters and didn’t attemp to kill a particular one most of the time.

Don’t know on later chapters, but outside of that nothing that terrible. I’ve seen more 60-80% hits to fail on both sides 🤷‍♂️

This has probably been already mentioned at some point, but Solm theme is so good!

Last edited:
Wow chapter 17 was really intense, and i'm playing on hard, cant wait to see how insane it will be in maddening.
The only problem right now is that I'm having decision paralysis with the emblems.

Probably not going to get my Divine edition I've been waiting a week on because the local GameStop never got any stock for the two pre-orders they had and they've been consistently shorted special edition pre-orders for a few months now. Super fucking annoyed as I wanted that special edition and literally pre-ordered it within hours of it being available so I should presumably be first in their systems.

So fucking annoyed I'm probably going to miss out on this because GameStop has been shit and that I've also missed the game for a whole week as part of this.

Wow chapter 17 was really intense, and i'm playing on hard, cant wait to see how insane it will be in maddening.
The only problem right now is that I'm having decision paralysis with the emblems.

I'm halfway through 17 (taken out 3 of the hounds) and I feel like it's not too bad as long as you're abusing the heck out of Corrins ring on Alear, which lets you modify the terrain as you see fit, taking out the flames that would otherwise limit.your movement options a lot.

As long as the map doesn't have too many reinforcements to ruin my day tomorrow, should finish it off without too much trouble...

What did everyone do with Yunaka, did you let her stay the same or do a change?

I was thinking of swordmaster or wolf knight

You should keep her in a class with covert because it synergises well with her personal skill. Realistically, leaving her as a thief us the best course of action.

You should keep her in a class with covert because it synergises well with her personal skill. Realistically, leaving her as a thief us the best course of action.
I did Wolf. I like her asa mobile unit as she never gets hit and can scout or bait enemies.
I think Ill leave her class for now, I do wished assassin was available. And on my maddening Ill try the wolf knight. (y)

never a fan of early deaths in stories, hard to care when they’ve only been around for like an hour. Lumera was such an early death character as well, it was so obvious.

Okay, come on now:

Oh look it’s Veyle, acting like she doesn’t know what she did and we’re all super mad at her! Well, sure, maybe don’t kill her, but she’s COMPLETELY ALONE and you have your entire army right there. Maybe, I don’t know, capture her and lock her up until you can figure out what’s going on? At the very least to make sure she won’t be able to do anything against you in the future?

Nope, “must be a trap”, so we just… let her go for no reason??!

Okay, come on now:

Oh look it’s Veyle, acting like she doesn’t know what she did and we’re all super mad at her! Well, sure, maybe don’t kill her, but she’s COMPLETELY ALONE and you have your entire army right there. Maybe, I don’t know, capture her and lock her up until you can figure out what’s going on? At the very least to make sure she won’t be able to do anything against you in the future?

Im still mad at chapter 1

Where Framme and Clanne, clearly with their weapons in hand watch you struggle against a Corrupted.

Okay, come on now:

I love that moment, it's pretty much 4 adults verbally abusing a little innocent girl who gets heartbroken, it's cliche and kind of dumb but it's so mean spirited I can't stop myself from loving it.

Ike's Engage attack is absurdly good if you have high enough defenses. Just throw your tank out into the middle of a room and as long as they don't die, they do probably minimum half damage (or outright kill) everything that attacked them and fully heal. And then the rest of your army can run in and mop up easily. It's saved my ass multiple times now.

I tell you what.

The combat outfit design in this game is atrocious (except for the Broadians, who usually look pretty good), but the casual clothes? Those look pretty all right most of the time. Some of these outfits are really cute

I tell you what.

The combat outfit design in this game is atrocious (except for the Broadians, who usually look pretty good), but the casual clothes? Those look pretty all right most of the time. Some of these outfits are really cute
It's a shame you cant use them in battle, hope they patch the option to wear them

Just in case it’s of interest to anyone enjoying Fire Emblem and wanting more once they reach the end, Redemption Reapers is directed by a previous FE director, and is out next month. There’s a new gameplay trailer out too

Public information broadcast ends :D

Meanwhile, in FE, chapter 19 was a fun battle. Looking forward to being able to discuss it more once more people are reaching the end but I’ve really enjoyed the battles in this- that
corrupted mist mechanic that buffs enemies and debuffs allies, but can be cleared by Corrin’s terrain effects and fire artillery, is a really fun idea to work around. Especially when there’s a boss hiding in one.

I'm not a fan of the isometric view (the bird-view grid of IntSys game is more visually clear, IMHO), but I'm looking forward to try the game. It could be considered an "official/unofficial" FE game like Tear Ring, Berwick and Vesteria Saga.

Ike's Engage attack is absurdly good if you have high enough defenses. Just throw your tank out into the middle of a room and as long as they don't die, they do probably minimum half damage (or outright kill) everything that attacked them and fully heal. And then the rest of your army can run in and mop up easily. It's saved my ass multiple times now.

Yup, my Timerra is my Tankiest unit and with Ike she is great. I have been using her in my personal Relays to try to rack up points in performance to get the goodies like Seraph Robe and etc. I esp like ending my Relay on Timerra about to kill 3+ ppl when its my teamates turn.

Wishlisted it. Outside of Wildermyth, I havn't really enjoyed Tactics games not made by IntSys or Square but this looks interesting. Would have preferred some job customization as I find messing around with Units the most fun part in these games. This looks like they are going the Triangle Strategy route a little with the class system which I didn't mind. Geez, sure is alot of tactics games releasing all of a sudden.

I tell you what.

Yeah...there are several characters I don't use purely because thier outfits are too busy for me. Fogado frustrates me the most, his casual clothes is straight drip but I hate his battle outfit.

Cleared Chapter 14 and Ike's Paralogue tonight.

Holy hell, I was not ready for Ike to just bulldoze the entire castle like that. Fortunately the battle was a pretty simple one.

Back
Top Bottom