• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Fire Emblem Engage |ST| Your Hidden Desire to Have Neon Joy-Con-Coloured Hair. Mark spoilers!

Looks at paralogue #5

...I don't think any of units can even scratch Ike at the point the map unlocked, let alone take him out three times with his ridiculous skills.

Reached a point where Alear is so stupidly OP that they can damn near solo an entire map. Wiped out over half of Corrin’s paralogue without breaking a sweat just by plopping him in the woods.

He’s got a rating of 172, with next highest being Hortensia at 131 lmao

Sigurd’s map… what on earth is going on with the two crazy strong random mage enemies with multiple HP bars in the bottom left corner. I started it and then saw all the points where other player’s characters had died, just a cluster of them down there! They don’t join in if you leave them alone, weird.

Decided to keep developing Diamant, and paired him up with Ike. They seem to work really well together. Admittedly any emblem bond turns a halfway decent combat character into a monster, but he’s become a solid all rounder now thanks to Ike’s various abilities, weapon options etc.

Last edited:
Could have been a nice touch if your character's hair was actually defined by the color of joycons currently connected.

Heads up, holding ZR before starting a battle from the combat forecast will skip the animations (or vice versa if they're already disabled)

this is essentially L-skipping from the GBA/3DS games

Finding Chapter 11 very funny because

They're making a big deal out of how I lost the rings but I still have Edelgard and Tiki. They missed some!

When you are getting demolished in a Training Level that was way above your pay grade, but because you Divine Blessed Panette she murders everyone with her high crit rate and secures the victory.

If you take a new unit back to an older location after a skirmish, they might have some unique dialogue

FncorhPaQAIbKKv

Made a huge mistake doing the 3 battle trial thing. It wasn't hard, but oof did it take forever. Don't think I'll bother with that again until I get enough emblem rings on promoted units to just turn on auto battle and watch anime or sports while the game grinds them for me.

Welp since apparently public codes don't work for Relay Battles I'd love to get some codes going here.

I've started one with ID: 7J73HN4 and have killed a decent amount of enemies with no deaths, anyone wanna join? I'd love to help too so if you've got some floating around, I'm down!
My turn to help here. I think I left you in a good position.

I've got a code if anyone wants a go 8DKWH4. Currently finished Chapter 14 if you want to know around where my characters are at

I've got a code if anyone wants a go 8DKWH4. Currently finished Chapter 14 if you want to know around where my characters are at
Woo thank you so much! We just need two more people for ID: 7J73HN4 to be done if any other Fami wanna join.

I don't have my Switch on me but I can do yours tonight, hopefully I can do OK!.
Edit: seems your Code doesn't work, I tried it just then :(

Last edited:
Woo thank you so much! We just need two more people for ID: 7J73HN4 to be done if any other Fami wanna join.

I don't have my Switch on me but I can do yours tonight, hopefully I can do OK!

Done.

code not working for me.

End of Chapter 6:

Alear and Alfred: "Hmmmmm we wonder who would've done such a bad thing such as stealing the Micaiah Ring from the shrine it was hidden???"

Me: "Hoooohuuummmmmm, yeah, just whooooooo could've done it. Maybe the shady lady you met right before you were dragged into a night battle with thieves, that had the ring before she lost it might know it?!?!?

Really, i have to cite Dark Helmet from Spaceballs: "I knew it! I'm surrounded by idiots!" (Quote slightly adjusted)

End of Chapter 6:

Alear and Alfred: "Hmmmmm we wonder who would've done such a bad thing such as stealing the Micaiah Ring from the shrine it was hidden???"

Me: "Hoooohuuummmmmm, yeah, just whooooooo could've done it. Maybe the shady lady you met right before you were dragged into a night battle with thieves, that had the ring before she lost it might know it?!?!?

Really, i have to cite Dark Helmet from Spaceballs: "I knew it! I'm surrounded by idiots!" (Quote slightly adjusted)
This is the danger when a naive commander is chosen through social rank rather than actual competence and common sense. :D

I have some serious doubts that anyone else in my current setup of characters would have been less oblivious to be honest. ;]
This is very true. I’d put Jade in charge, as she seems a bit more competent than the bunch of royals that do all the talking in the cut scenes. 😝

This is very true. I’d put Jade in charge, as she seems a bit more competent than the bunch of royals that do all the talking in the cut scenes. 😝

I was about to say that maybe Emblem Sigurd would've noticed it if he appeared during the scene, but then i remembered his story in Genealogy.

I was about to say that maybe Emblem Sigurd would've noticed it if he appeared during the scene, but then i remembered his story in Genealogy.
“We’ve got a squad of elite generals who won their own legendary campaigns on hand- why aren’t we running our plans by a bunch of amnesiacs and unproven amateurs by them?”
“Because the story is a generic romp about the young royalty and the divine dragon stumbling after the objective and whatever the NPC clown squad just said.”

I can imagine that a bunch of young royals wouldn’t think too much of asking for advice, why would you ask advisors who know what they are doing when the Divine Dragon that doesn’t know anything can just gamble the fate of the world and all of their countries on stumbling after the current objective. It’s all a bit odd when the conversations with the Emblems are all ‘I’ll support you all the way!” but apparently that doesn’t extent to asking people who’ve actually fought victorious fantasy campaigns about how to do it or what they think is going on. I guess at this point this ‘we need to include the past heroes for fanservice but they can’t overshadow the new ones by offering practical advice rather than vague support” is the least of the issues with the story.

Last edited:
One thing that is annoying to me is... I want to deploy some of my secondary units during skirmishes. I wish the skirmishes wouldn't all be based on chapter or current level of Alear but have multiple ones to have an opportunity to play w/ weaker units.

Finding Chapter 11 very funny because

They're making a big deal out of how I lost the rings but I still have Edelgard and Tiki. They missed some!
Those are bracelets, Sombron has very specific jewelry preferences. Wouldn't be caught dead wearing some tacky Emblem Bracelets.

Lol
Why can we adopt animals in the time travel map? Alear doesn't respect the sanctity of the timelines.

EDIT: LMAO
Timerra just lit a bonfire in Alear's fucking room.

Last edited:
One thing that is annoying to me is... I want to deploy some of my secondary units during skirmishes. I wish the skirmishes wouldn't all be based on chapter or current level of Alear but have multiple ones to have an opportunity to play w/ weaker units.
The game just isn’t designed with a full army in mind. You’re supposed to settle on 12ish units and stuck with them throughout.

Unfortunate after Three Houses provided so many tools to develop your entire army in concert, but it is what it is. I’ve been having way more fun once I settled on my preferred units.

Forgot something from yesterday evening's play session, i finally got access to the DLC Emblems.

... And i'm a bit disappointed that the Three Houses ones are crammed into one single Emblem instead of one for each house leader.
Granted, it's on me that i didn't check that before, but it's not like i wouldn't have gotten the Expansion Pass like i do for all FE games.

This randomness ... dunno ... it feels like it makes them somewhat unusable. Like, what use does it have if, for example, Claude appears, but i would need Edelgard cause the next close enemies are all lance?

Or maybe i just don't get how it works and it's actually good. Possible too, i was tired as fuck at that time.

Wtf? Shitty for Gamestop to do this.

But man, i think Nintendo could really provide such special items out to the voice cast. It's cheap advertising.

The game just isn’t designed with a full army in mind. You’re supposed to settle on 12ish units and stuck with them throughout.

Unfortunate after Three Houses provided so many tools to develop your entire army in concert, but it is what it is. I’ve been having way more fun once I settled on my preferred units.
What’s annoying is that I am settling on my preferred units…and I’m having to repeatedly have them miss out on being deployed because I’m getting three new mandatory units on so many maps.

Combined with skirmishes being high level, if you let someone fall behind it feels like you have to babysit them to make up for having some clown take their slot for “story reasons” (imo only the big characters should be mandatory - if I don’t want to deploy their retainers just add a line when the map starts having them tell them to sit this one out or something).

Yeah you are right on that. I guess this adds replay value in a way

Also I feel this game is okayish ironman friendly

Switched the movement style in battle to the traditional method and it reminded me how much I miss how loud the little clicks of the grid and the sound effects in general were in the 3DS games. They seem sooo quiet here even after turning the SFX to max volume.

Anything good in the houses in the desert bandits map? I got the seraph robe but the one at the bottom left gets destroyed before I can get to it and I’m not sure I can be bothered restarting the map if all I’m gonna get is something that’s pretty disposable.

Edit: it’s a Rescue staff, might replay for that but since I’m playing like a map a day this slows me down even more. 😭

Also finding these maps harder than chapter 10/11, which makes the shift back to being lighthearted really weird. I guess some people need levity but people singing about meat and forgetting where the macguffin is is a hard sell when the world is meant to be in peril and we’ve lost our emblem rings.

Anything good in the houses in the desert bandits map? I got the seraph robe but the one at the bottom left gets destroyed before I can get to it and I’m not sure I can be bothered restarting the map if all I’m gonna get is something that’s pretty disposable.

Also finding these maps harder than chapter 10/11, which makes the shift back to being lighthearted really weird. I guess some people need levity but people singing about meat and forgetting where the macguffin is is a hard sell when the world is meant to be in peril and we’ve lost our emblem rings.

The other house has a Rescue staff

Good but not vital.

Oops. The code is 8DKWMH4

You didn't step on any switches for my chars to spawn close xD. After playing a few of these I am noticing you really have to push agressively. I have been trying to use Dance to catch up in several of them to try to secure the win. I see surival the most as replay codes which is probaly due ppl wanting to avoid losing because they ran out of turns.

Anyway,I think I left you in a good spot...as long as Ivy is good at dodging. I sent her to the bottom. I feel like if you don't have any units near the bottom or at least a spawn point that map isn't winnable.

You didn't step on any switches for my chars to spawn close xD. After playing a few of these I am noticing you really have to push agressively. I have been trying to use Dance to catch up in several of them to try to secure the win. I see surival the most as replay codes which is probaly due ppl wanting to avoid losing because they ran out of turns.

Anyway,I think I left you in a good spot...as long as Ivy is good at dodging. I sent her to the bottom. I feel like if you don't have any units near the bottom or at least a spawn point that map isn't winnable.
Yeah... I had no idea how relays actually worked but I've been better about it after doing a few for some people lol

After seeing the initial drafts of FE, and when Hakos started (2021), it seems feels like Pikazo just combined Alear's designs for her model lol.

After seeing the initial drafts of FE, and when Hakos started (2021), it seems feels like Pikazo just combined Alear's designs for her model lol.

She's playing now. It's her first-ever FE, so she's going in as a total newbie, and she's getting her mind blown by the fact HP means hit points.

Started the game earlier this week due to delay in delivery (those in Germany would understand lol). Last time I kickstarted FE3H with Hard + Classic and had to bump up to Maddening on NG+, so I though that getting in Maddening on NG with FEE would be a proper challenge... Ho boy I really need to learn that too much of a good thing is no longer good!!

Is the current learning curve (up to Chapter 5) something that series veterans have to endure? It is challenging AF, like even harder than a specific chapter in one of FE3H routes: going into Silver Snow chapter 13 unprepared. That said it feels extra satisfying when I managed to wipe the map and save up the valuable EXP which I will certainly need for future battles.

The biggest difference I feel between FEE and FE3H is how meticulous the former demands me in even the smallest deicision, due to the limited moveset and the weapon triangle. I feel like skills are even more important in FEE due to the removal of combart arts. Now units have to be strategically close to each other to share aura both when attacking and defending. Gameplay feels much tighter for the same reason and I find it more like a sidestep from FE3H. That said I'm still in for the freshness it offers. Just not sure at which point I will have to drop the difficulty to Hard and accept defeat xD

Is the current learning curve (up to Chapter 5) something that series veterans have to endure? It is challenging AF, like even harder than a specific chapter in one of FE3H routes: going into Silver Snow chapter 13 unprepared. That said it feels extra satisfying when I managed to wipe the map and save up the valuable EXP which I will certainly need for future battles.
This is kinda surprising to me! Nothing in the main chapters so far on Maddening has felt anywhere near that particular chapter you used as your example.

Just got the game, finding it tricky to decide if I should go with male or female Alear. Is there much difference between the two? Am I locked out of some relationships with one but not the other, etc?

Just got the game, finding it tricky to decide if I should go with male or female Alear. Is there much difference between the two? Am I locked out of some relationships with one but not the other, etc?
Nope. It’s all the same except for the character design and voice actor.

This is kinda surprising to me! Nothing in the main chapters so far on Maddening has felt anywhere near that particular chapter you used as your example.
Well tbf I started that route on Maddening with NG+ bonuses rather than NG so it softened the blow to some extent. Also, my impresion probably has more to do with my stubborness rather than the inherent difficulty of the game itself lol.
For now I feel at least adapted to the new framework after cleaning Chapter 5, hope that itremains smooth sailing from here on.

Just beat it, great game, and a fun finale.

Time to figure out what all these Trials are about, haven't touched them yet.

Oh damn, the Diamant/Jade B Support.

Jade really wrote an entire book about Amber getting dunked on constantly. 🤣

Beat chapters 10 and 11.

Had to use the time crystal a couple times on chapter 10 because Alear kept getting bodied by Hortensia. Could've been avoided had I actually bothered to read what her skills did sooner lol. The map wasn't too bad other than that. I used a pure water on Louis so he could tank the left side without worrying about the mage, and Lapis (promoted) was also there to dodge tank. Diamant and Celine took care of Goldmary on the right side, and after destroying the door, I just let Morion/Hyacinth come to me.

Chapter 11 I felt like I kind of cheesed by giving Alear boots to increase her movement, and since I bought the expansion pass, I still had an emblem on Louis. The enemies also just weren't very threatening to my units, so I sent Alear alone (until Ivy and her retainers joined) while everyone else farmed exp in the middle of the map.

The game is starting to throw characters who are clear upgrades at me, but I've already decided I'm committing to some characters even if they end up being outclassed later on. I had Lapis/Alear/Celine/Alfred promoted by chapter 11, and I think I'm using the 3 master seals I have on Framme/Yunaka/Ivy before next chapter. Framme and Yunaka could probably use the promotion right now more than Diamant or Alcryst, and I don't see a reason not to promote Ivy right away seeing how she joins at level 17. I'm playing on Hard/Classic, so it probably doesn't matter that much anyway which characters I use lol.

On another note, I also ordered the button pin set and female Corrin amiibo from the My Nintendo store earlier.

Beat chapters 10 and 11.

Had to use the time crystal a couple times on chapter 10 because Alear kept getting bodied by Hortensia. Could've been avoided had I actually bothered to read what her skills did sooner lol. The map wasn't too bad other than that. I used a pure water on Louis so he could tank the left side without worrying about the mage, and Lapis (promoted) was also there to dodge tank. Diamant and Celine took care of Goldmary on the right side, and after destroying the door, I just let Morion/Hyacinth come to me.

Chapter 11 I felt like I kind of cheesed by giving Alear boots to increase her movement, and since I bought the expansion pass, I still had an emblem on Louis. The enemies also just weren't very threatening to my units, so I sent Alear alone (until Ivy and her retainers joined) while everyone else farmed exp in the middle of the map.

The game is starting to throw characters who are clear upgrades at me, but I've already decided I'm committing to some characters even if they end up being outclassed later on. I had Lapis/Alear/Celine/Alfred promoted by chapter 11, and I think I'm using the 3 master seals I have on Framme/Yunaka/Ivy before next chapter. Framme and Yunaka could probably use the promotion right now more than Diamant or Alcryst, and I don't see a reason not to promote Ivy right away seeing how she joins at level 17. I'm playing on Hard/Classic, so it probably doesn't matter that much anyway which characters I use lol.

On another note, I also ordered the button pin set and female Corrin amiibo from the My Nintendo store earlier.
Good (?) news for you, assuming you haven't reclassed Yunaka, the Thief class doesn't have a promotion, it goes from 1 to 40.

Good (?) news for you, assuming you haven't reclassed Yunaka, the Thief class doesn't have a promotion, it goes from 1 to 40.
Oh, I guess that makes things easier lol. Yeah I closed the game before looking at her class options, so I didn't know she couldn't promote as a thief. Three Houses is the only other entry I've played since 2018, so if that was the case for other games too, then I just forgot.

Well, you can promote her into literally any advanced class you want (weapon proficiency depending), she just has to get to level 21 first instead of 10.

Back
Top Bottom