• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Previews Final Fantasy XVI Preview Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could anyone confirm that the demo supports 3D audio? I don't think there's any way to check this easily for PS5 games sadly

so it's dark for the sake of being dark?

edit: Oh...I see what you are talking about....

Last edited:
Careful outthere, there are fake and real spoilers. Ive seen some since I have no interest (at the moment) to play it, and I think I need to experience it cause I am not vibing with the tone.

It seems like the demo has really done a lot to turn folks’ opinions around. I’ve seen a lot of good impressions ever since the demo dropped - tons of people saying things like “best demo ever”. That seems hyperbolic and prisoner of the moment, but I can’t help but feel happy to see widespread positive buzz around the internet.

From my perspective, the demo sold me on the story and further turned me off of the combat. I'm intrigued as to where the game goes. My friend is buying it and we game share in PS5, so I don't have to buy it. But in all honesty, I be I find myself getting bored of actually playing it and watching a let's play or something for the story.

i think so! mazi usually does review threads, right?
I wouldn't necessarily expect a dedicated review thread for this one, there doesn't seem to be a ton of interest on Fami (see e.g. the fact that this Preview Thread is the de facto Pre-Release Discussion Thread)

I wanna play more of the demo tonight, I'm still not sure whether it's shaking up to be my thing or not, but I'm sure the reviews will be helpful there too

Based on what I’ve heard I think it’s gonna hit 90 and be seen as the game that “brings back” FF as a flagship console title.

95% of Fami members right now: "Ugh idk how to kill time before the direct tomorrow."

Me right now: "Oh boy a direct to kill time before FFXVI."
I wouldn't go as far as you because i'm both as excited for the direct and the game lol but i'm so happy that i will have a banger game to occupy my mind after the Direct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom