• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Famiboards 2022 Pick-Up Thread |ST|

A. G. Cook

Locked in Charli XCX’s basement
Pronouns
he/him
VOrH1mf.png

wI14BMa.gif

SoXKMTI.gif
Pick-Up Thread
SoXKMTI.gif

Hey everyone! I thought it would be fun to continue the tradition of the pick-up thread here at Famiboards. If you're not familiar with the idea, this is a way for you to share any items you've picked-up throughout the month (or previous month) and then have a place to discuss them. Found a really cool item at your local Goodwill? Received an awesome birthday gift? Treated yourself to a new console? This is the place to show them off to the community!

The thread for 2022 is now consolidated into one big thread!

056aBDO.png

htZPYvs.gif
Pick-Up Thread Guidelines
htZPYvs.gif

• Please post actual photos instead of promo shots or images you found on Google.
  • Your pick-ups can also be non-gaming related items, so feel free to show off all your cool goods!
  • Don't criticize other people's posts. This thread should be focused on having fun and being positive!
  • Feel free to post throughout the month, the more engagement the better!
sz8Rtke.png

0jrVDQl.gif
Pick-Up Archives
0jrVDQl.gif

G4ZxZzy.png

SYA6nfm.gif

Last edited:
kaFRpyf.png

Technically got them on December 31st but oh well.

40$ for 4k at a local mom and pop gamestore that sells films anime and cgi from walmarts
2rHcLgg.jpg

Eeek, only now I see this thread! Made a similar thread recently but didn't see there was a pick-up thread already lol! If I knew there was already an OT like this wouldn't have made it!

Anyway, a few recent pick ups:

pickup28fjzn.jpg

Picked up some vinyl. A 12" from Mos Def. He's always good, even on this very radio friendly track. Also picked up a Monty Props vinyl with beats to use for dj'ing, scratching and, in my case, sampling :)

pickup3cbk8h.jpg

Even though I feel Limited Run games are ridiculously overpriced and most of their pretty mediocre releases aren't worth it at all compared to for example Strictly Limited games, I just really wanted to have this collection on physical.

pickup11vkwk.jpg

Got a new pen and some new ink. The pen is a Lamy Joy with a 1.5 stub nib. The ink is from Jacques Herbin's new Créations d'Artistes series: Shogun, in honour of Japanese designer Kenzo Takada. The ink itself is a very rich brown/black with gold shimmer. It's beautiful (note: the note I've written is a different ink :) )

Switch games for this Month

20220119_170900.jpg

FJrAoiSWUAIbMEm
Dead rising 2 case zero XBLA xbox 360 0.99

B6j0Z3m.jpg

Back from Walmart note bottom 2 dvds from dollar tree yesterday

Today I jumped at the chance to buy a used Wii at our local half-price books store. I jumped because it had the gamecube ports, and looked to be in good condition. When they went to get me all the cords, it also came with 4 wii (basic) remotes and two nunchuks... and a microphone... and a gamecube controller! All for 50 bucks in great condition after some light cleaning! When I got home and plugged it in, it also had a copy of NHL 2009 inside, but I don't really count that for much, lol!

I'm thinking I will try to mod it to get some of the online systems up and working again, and maybe see what else homebrew can do for me. I mostly bought it to open up the Wii DDR games that I already had after my original wii went kaput since the pads I have can't plug into the Wii U, lol!

It's always an interesting little capsule to see what families were using their system for, but feels a little voyeuristic. Fortunately nothing weird on this one. Nothing much from the eshop, just every available streaming service. They had one picture from Mario Kart Wii saved to it from 2012. Their save games show them only playing Just Dance, Some sports/fishing/hunting games, Mario Kart, and Sega Tennis. It must have been sitting around for quite some time, lol!

Overall one of the better gaming finds I've made in a while!

May as well post this in the proper thread; Acquiring a Zeebo was a milestone for my collection! It wasn't pricey at all, everything is working perfectly fine and I'm very happy with the purchase!

0KVvR9.jpg

Last edited:
in the u.s it goes for 500$
Yeah, I'm aware! Thing is, on eBay and such, especially when reselling for people outside Brazil and Mexico, prices are always too high because it's a very sought after collectors item; and getting it complete on box, with all the accesories and, most importantly, everything functional, can be indeed very incommon..

But outside of that bubble, in Brazil, it's a bit more inconsistent... some people will also put their Zeebos at sale with absurd prices under the assumption that is "rare", and some others won't value them much and just want to get rid of the thing. In my case, I was fortunate to find the latter situation ✨

Yeah, I'm aware! Thing is, on eBay and such, especially when reselling for people outside Brazil and Mexico, prices are always too high because it's a very sought after collectors item; and getting it complete on box, with all the accesories and, most importantly, everything functional, can be indeed very incommon..

But outside of that bubble, in Brazil, it's a bit more inconsistent... some people will also put their Zeebos at sale with absurd prices under the assumption that is "rare", and some others won't value them much and just want to get rid of the thing. In my case, I was fortunate to find the latter situation ✨
That's crazy, nice find!

ear buds 5 dollar below and 4k movies from bestbuy

nh2IeuB.jpg

At the request of an admin, I've made a thread where you can show off your latest gaming purchases.

Like I said previously, here's my haul from an antique store I went to yesterday.

20220212_181652.jpg

Bumping to bring awareness! We have a pick up thread ST for posting what you bought recently.

The Xenoblade Chronicles 3 announcement in the Direct last week finally inspired me to try this series out for the first time.

YaFVz58.png

The Xenoblade Chronicles 3 announcement in the Direct last week finally inspired me to try this series out for the first time.

YaFVz58.png
Oooh nice, I won't be far behind you whenever I knock the current RPGs out of my backlog :)

Probably planning to go right from 1->3 since 2's artstyle is a bit off-putting for me, unless otherwise necessary for story

Oooh nice, I won't be far behind you whenever I knock the current RPGs out of my backlog :)

Probably planning to go right from 1->3 since 2's artstyle is a bit off-putting for me, unless otherwise necessary for story
it is needed

Got a couple of Wii U games (one more coming next week); --They were all dirt cheap (even less than I'd pay on the eShop, since there's no Brazilian version, then I'd have to deal with dollar conversion), and were all games I wanted to own for a while now;

FM3r7O6XoAMVU47

Hyrule Warriors showered me with notifications of extra content added via updates lol

8dxAiqq.jpg
botton 2 4k blu's from a retro game store, stormchasers dvd from amazon rest from fye

Another of my Wii U hunting ~
From searching before, 2015 and 2016 games seems have very short lived prints, and this game in particular doesn't float on the used market a whole bunch, and when it does show up is always pricey here.. but again, managed to get it cheap!

FN1wSgQWYAI3iFL

Fun Fact: SEGA didn't localize this game in Brazilian Portuguese, but the Tokyo one on Switch they did! lol

Physical stuff:
9z2rFBT.jpg

fvJqmrj.jpg

My lG C8 was getting a bit long in the tooth, upgraded to a c1, 65 inches.
uPRGux3.jpg

My first 4 figures mario and yoshi definitive edition finally came in. A monument to my stupidity
82oxY2H.jpg

Digital stuff:

Xbox series x:
Grid legends
Elden ring
Final fantasy XII the zodiac age
Nier automata
Lego starwars: the skywalker saga

3ds:
Ever oasis
Fantasy life
Mario and luigi paper jam
Mario golf world tour
Pokemon x
Warioware gold
Kirby’s extra epic yarn
Luigis mansion remake
Hey pikmin!
Tomadachi life
Mario tennis open
Paper mario sticker star

Switch:
Kirby and the forgotten land

Last edited:
Got some stuff in!

First, some games of course:
5ba9bb41-22ff-419a-b9peja8.jpg

Also got the repress of this book in:

eeccfbf0-e9bc-4129-837ekat.jpg

And I went record digging today yay!!!
be16b40e-c36f-486c-bdesjsh.jpg

d206972a-b27d-44a1-97pjjy4.jpg

e8cf671c-892e-4a5d-8brikhs.jpg

I finally bought my dream game, after years of hunting finally got it at decent price (below pricecharting).
The only minus is the cart a bit yellowish, other than that the game runs fine and the battery still works!
j4dgZQm.jpg

D43WZP0.jpg

I finally bought my dream game, after years of hunting finally got it at decent price (below pricecharting).
The only minus is the cart a bit yellowish, other than that the game runs fine and the battery still works!
j4dgZQm.jpg

D43WZP0.jpg
Nice! Its a shame there licensing issues preventing square from re-releasing this game on switch

Getting Kirby next week, but since I'm almost done with Xenoblade Chronicles X I decided to grab a physical of Xenoblade 2:

PXL_20220326_152620976.jpg

Got Triangle Strategy earlier this month - everything else in the photo arrived today. Massive fan of the Expanse series and haven't ever ready any of the short fiction pieces, so I'm excited to read these for the first time. Gonna start Kirby tomorrow, too, and got the Mother notebook through My Nintendo.

Digital pick ups this month include the new Mario Kart tracks, which I've enjoyed, and Mass Effect Legendary Edition, which I won't be starting just yet.

More goodies! Was pleasantly surprised to see these guys in stock at my local best buy. I missed them the first time

80xgfm5.jpg

FInally got the last 2 games today completing march haul and finally having a physical copy of ender lilies

qYmqfFX.jpg

Nintendo Switch Sports arrived. And with that, another month is almost over.

3DS eShop pick-ups:

And 30 DLC songs for Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call.

On the Xbox Store side of things:

Bonus round:

Edit: Bonus-Bonus round:

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom