• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Famiboards 2022 Pick-Up Thread |ST|

KDnIr7i.jpg
moonfall from amazon i preorder it got it day it released rest from best buy today

Well, round three here we go:

DL81lQg.jpg

3ds digital:
Dragon quest 7
Dragon quest 8
Pilot wings resort
Kirby battle royale
Yoshis new island

Snes vc on 3ds:
Super mario world
Super metroid
Link to the past
Donkey kong cou tdy
Donkey kong country 2

Series x digital:
Dragon quest 11 s
Final fantasy X
Nier replicant

Last edited:
Went out for Pac-man Museum just to find out there is probably not a EU physical release :(

Still, scored some vinyl!

vinyl29tk46.jpg

vinyl1csjx7.jpg

CUff1rI.jpg

On the digital front, I bought all six classic Bit.Trip games from the Switch eShop.
For the 3DS, I bought Stelle Glow, Etrian Odyssey IV, Etrian Odyssey Untold and Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold.
And finally, from the Xbox Store: Dead or Alive Ultimate (1+2), Dead or Alive 3, Enter the Gungeon, Arcade Game Series Galaga and CrossCode Deluxe Edition.

Bonus round: La Nouvelle Vague^^
sDtcKxb.jpg

Its a great switch port. Its almost as good, if not some how a little better than the xbox one port
I am enjoying it but still in the early parts.

Bought Devil May Cry on Nintendo eShop. I've been curious about this series for a while but I might not stick with it until the end if the experience is like Bayonetta where I just hit a brick wall and didn't want to continue.

Physical goods:
59X2rx9.jpg

7TFSSfs.jpg

these zelda game & watches finally went on sale at best buy, since they didnt seem to be selling. I grabbed one to keep unopened on my shelf next to the mario one. I adore the first fear game, it was recently updated to 4k 60 fps on series x, but its not available digitally. So i got a new sealed platinum hits copy on ebay for 20 bucks.

I loved dragonball z, but these days I'm more of a casual fan than hard core though, and ive always wanted to own the series since the streaming options for it arent great right now plus ive been dying to rewatch the whole thing from the begging since i havent watched it since i was a pre teen. Got this blu ray collection on amazon for $130!

Last edited:
Bought GRIP on eShop. I don't usually play racing games so I don't know if I'll like this combat racer or not.

I know shipping is a mess right now, but it's funny I got first my japanese copy of Scarlet Simphony and Xenoblade 3 bought from amazon mx is still pending

6VEGZZF.jpg

Some new goods
0QKqSJy.jpg

I don’t normally buy steel book 4k blu ray’s, as most of my collection is the movie with the card board slip cover, but this sonic 2 steelbook was to rad to pass up.

I already have a black “new 3ds xl” but i bought a back up one on ebay, just in case mine bites the dust. I got this galaxy model for a decent price, its in awesome shape, except for a few scratches on the back. Ill see if i can get a replacement shell to replace the back cover.

Some new goods
0QKqSJy.jpg

I don’t normally buy steel book 4k blu ray’s, as most of my collection is the movie with the card board slip cover, but this sonic 2 steelbook was to rad to pass up.

I already have a black “new 3ds xl” but i bought a back up one on ebay, just in case mine bites the dust. I got this galaxy model for a decent price, its in awesome shape, except for a few scratches on the back. Ill see if i can get a replacement shell to replace the back cover.
I LOVE that they went with the Genesis cover for that one!!!!!

Step 1: Be weeb
Step 2: Have your Wii U break
Step 3: Panic over the possibility of not ever playing BotW again
Step 4: Remember that you are weeb
Step 5:
yKp8rUb.jpg

Step 1: Be weeb
Step 2: Have your Wii U break
Step 3: Panic over the possibility of not ever playing BotW again
Step 4: Remember that you are weeb
Step 5:
yKp8rUb.jpg
Missing the figures, missing a zelda daki... not weeb enough.

Joking, nice one, the snes control also looks very good. This is the version that has the DLC incluided?

Missing the figures, missing a zelda daki... not weeb enough.
If I only had the room. LOL
Joking, nice one, the snes control also looks very good. This is the version that has the DLC incluided?
No, that one actually has a picture of the expansion pack graphic on the front with the whole main graphic shifted upwards. I only got this because I genuinely think the original Japanese Zelda logo is rad, especially the implication of them going back to it for BotW after not really having used it since the NES/SNES games.

It has been a busy month

Klonoa import is my jewel for the current month, i had Lunatea´s Veil back in the day and like an idiot i traded it, not knowing that it was going to cost some money in the future, so just for that i decided to import the physical version from Japan.
20220815-204822-2.jpg

Went into a Switch shopping spree, looking forward to Kirby and Live a Live especially. This is my first Xenoblade Chronicles , do you know if i need to play the previous 2 to understand this one?
20220813-112139.jpg

Some retro collecting for the PS3 and DS systems. I'm aiming to get all the exclusive PS3 games but sometimes i find cheap games like HAWX. Please ignore the horrible stickers in Haze and Time Crisis i haven´t had the time to remove them yet, by the way the covers of those 2 are sadly photocopies :S

Also very happy to find both Kirby 3DS games and Yoshi, altought they are the Suadi Arabia Versions (Are the same than US , the only thing that changes are the boxes). Metroid is the American Version but sadly could not find the Collector´s edition.
20220815-205144.jpg

20220813-112536.jpg

Some figure collecting, i´m very happy to finally grab a Broly, that figure (in any version) was evading my collection so far, same for a Wolverine with the classic suit (although this version has the heat claws). With Arachnoid Alien i plan start collecting all the new wave of "Alien vs Predator" from NECA (only 3 figures so far) and Lambert was dirty cheap so i couldn't say no.
20220813-113254.jpg

Last edited:
This is my first Xenoblade Chronicles , do you know if i need to play the previous 2 to understand this one?
First of all, awesome haul!

Second, I'm about halfway through XB3 and so far there's nothing in the story that requires knowledge of previous games. So far it's just some references and things like that, and the story and world itself stand on their own.

There might be some bigger story connections later, but the team is likely to frame them from the perspective of THIS game, rather than in a way that excludes new players.

First of all, awesome haul!

Second, I'm about halfway through XB3 and so far there's nothing in the story that requires knowledge of previous games. So far it's just some references and things like that, and the story and world itself stand on their own.

There might be some bigger story connections later, but the team is likely to frame them from the perspective of THIS game, rather than in a way that excludes new players.
Excellent, many thanks!!!. I will try to get the other 2 regardless and have the complete collection.

It has been a busy month

Klonoa import is my jewel for the current month, i had Lunatea´s Veil back in the day and like an idiot i traded it, not knowing that it was going to cost some money in the future, so just for that i decided to import the physical version from Japan.
20220815-204822-2.jpg

Went into a Switch shopping spree, looking forward to Kirby and Live a Live especially. This is my first Xenoblade Chronicles , do you know if i need to play the previous 2 to understand this one?
20220813-112139.jpg

Some retro collecting for the PS3 and DS systems. I'm aiming to get all the exclusive PS3 games but sometimes i find cheap games like HAWX. Please ignore the horrible stickers in Haze and Time Crisis i haven´t had the time to remove them yet, by the way the covers of those 2 are sadly photocopies :S

Also very happy to find both Kirby 3DS games and Yoshi, altought they are the Suadi Arabia Versions (Are the same than US , the only thing that changes are the boxes). Metroid is the American Version but sadly could not find the Collector´s edition.
20220815-205144.jpg

20220813-112536.jpg

Some figure collecting, i´m very happy to finally grab a Broly, that figure (in any version) was alluding my collection so far, same for a Wolverine with the classic suit (although this version has the heat claws). With Arachnoid Alien i plan start collecting all the new wave of "Alien vs Predator" from NECA (only 3 figures so far) and Lambert was dirty cheap so i couldn't say no.
20220813-113254.jpg
Nothing wrong with world editions, the box is usually the exact same and so is the game, outside of the world edition logo. As i came to the 3ds late. Many of my games are world edition, as i wanted new copies, but didnt feel like paying some scalper for a non world edition copy. I imagine the only people that is important to are collectors who wouldnt open and play the games anyway

Nothing wrong with world editions, the box is usually the exact same and so is the game, outside of the world edition logo. As i came to the 3ds late. Many of my games are world edition, as i wanted new copies, but didnt feel like paying some scalper for a non world edition copy. I imagine the only people that is important to are collectors who wouldnt open and play the games anyway

Yeah i´m very happy with those versions also, especially happy with the prices i paid for them 🤭

tPsnsod.jpg

Buying that sonic 2 4k steelbook gave me the bug, so i grabbed the jurassic world: dominion 4k steel book as well.

I own xenoblade chronicles definitive edition for the switch, so ill likely never play this version, but its a neat novelty to own. And an interesting port in its own right.

Similarly, ll never play chibi robo: Ziplash, but this bundle was sub 25 dollars new and sealed on eBay, so its neat to have to keep on my shelf.

4FTcquA.jpg

I got codename steam, i really enjoyed the demo from what i played a few years ago. I like the idea of srpg thats a little more actiony.

I heard the 3d in captain toad is amazing, so i grabbed it despite owning it on switch.

Last edited:
I don’t collect Pops, but I’m excited to have this one. The Moon Knight show introduced me to the character, and he’s quickly become my favorite super hero. It even inspired me to start reading comic books!

20220903_172402tec05.jpg

Just started collecting records, have wanted to for years now. I got more coming in but this is my big pick ups right now.

By looking at this can you tell what era and scene of music I grew up in?

20220903_172402tec05.jpg

Just started collecting records, have wanted to for years now. I got more coming in but this is my big pick ups right now.

By looking at this can you tell what era and scene of music I grew up in?
I recognize Silverstein so I guess emo, screamo, post hardcore. Somewhere in those genres. Anyway, Ultraviolet is one of my favorites this year. I only use Ultraviolet and not anything else in the album tho.

I recognize Silverstein so I guess emo, screamo, post hardcore. Somewhere in those genres. Anyway, Ultraviolet is one of my favorites this year. I only use Ultraviolet and not anything else in the album tho.
Hate the word screamo, but yeah Post-Hardcore and Metalcore. It's Over and Bankrupt hit hard though lol.

And by your avatar, you must like Underoath?

Last edited:
Got Tales of the Abyss 3DS. Been looking for this for a while now. Very annoying that it is not available digitally on the eshop.

qYO8ODU.jpg

Also got a budget wireless mouse that is decent. My old wired mouse was more expensive (G502), but the Quality of Life improvement of being wireless is much better.

2f2g5sq.jpg

Hate the word screamo, but yeah Post-Hardcore and Metalcore. It's Over and Bankrupt hit hard though lol.

And by your avatar, you must like Underoath?
Yeah I like Underoath's old stuff from the mid 2000s.

Never really listened to them, but I've listened to some of their clones the big one being TDWP, who aren't clones anymore mind you. I've heard underoath went downhill lol
I can't really comment on them going downhill because I stopped following them when they first broke up in like 2012 or something. lol. They got back together eventually tho. I still wish them well because the music has been a big part of my life back in the day.

Also bought Mega Man Zero/ZX Legacy Collection to play even more Mega Man games I hadn't played before.
More September purchases:
Panzer Dragoon remake on eShop. It was on sale and I've never played the original on the Saturn.
Pre-ordered Ninja JaJaMaru Legendary Ninja Collection for the Switch from Strictly Limited Games.

Yall I am beside myself. My bestie from Saskatchewan just sent me Kirby, along with the Walmart Canada exclusive tote!!

3MLW983.jpg

I decided to go physical with Splatoon 3 and it didn't arrive yet :/

The Splatoon 3 Pro Controller isn't as nice as the S2 version, but it does complement it pretty nicely and it's better than the plain black one I sold!

x9Y0kgf.jpg

Back
Top Bottom