• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Famiboards October 2021 Pick-Up Thread |ST|

A. G. Cook

Locked in Charli XCX’s basement
Pronouns
he/him
VOrH1mf.png

wI14BMa.gif

SoXKMTI.gif
Pick-Up Thread
SoXKMTI.gif

Hey everyone! I thought it would be fun to continue the tradition of the monthly pick-up thread here at Famiboards. If you're not familiar with the idea, this is a way for you to share any items you've picked-up throughout the month (or previous month) and then have a place to discuss them. Found a really cool item at your local Goodwill? Received an awesome birthday gift? Treated yourself to a new console? This is the place to show them off to the community!

Once a new month arrives with a fresh thread, this thread will be linked through the archive below.

056aBDO.png

htZPYvs.gif
Pick-Up Thread Guidelines
htZPYvs.gif

• Please post actual photos instead of promo shots or images you found on Google.
  • Your pick-ups can also be non-gaming related items, so feel free to show off all your cool goods!
  • Don't criticize other people's posts. This thread should be focused on having fun and being positive!
  • Feel free to post throughout the month, the more engagement the better!
sz8Rtke.png

0jrVDQl.gif
Pick-Up Archives
0jrVDQl.gif

G4ZxZzy.png

SYA6nfm.gif

Last edited:
I'd been considering posting one of these as I missed it. Thank you or going ahead and posting!

A bunch of stuff I've picked up this month, including some pre-orders that just came out.

CPo0Pef.jpg

-- SOPHIE Product vinyl, finally arrived to me after months.

6UZL6LH.jpg

-- Xbox Blue Shift controller

VEURIMi.jpg

-- Switch OLED and Metroid bundles, wasn't going to get the Switch but stumbled upon it at Target at the last minute.

LrazPB1.jpg

-- All Saint's button up shirt during a New York trip, love the fit and how cool it looks.

JwR9QGT.jpg
Switch games walmarts note bravely and cruis'n were in the bargain bin at walmarts
40 for bravely crusi'n 25$
digimon 1$ from a local dollar tree

clean fit

I'll post my recent October gets whenever my Dread amiibos arrive!

Af almost everyone on this board, I got Metroid Dread nad also scored a copy of the NIS Collection vol. 1:

img_20211011_1746330jkeg.jpg

I scored some Aurora brown fountain pen ink and also got a new Kaweco fountain pen. Happy:

img_20211011_1747005gjx7.jpg

And lastly, I went digging and got some new vinyls:
A 12" version of Madonna's 'Live To Tell'
A compilation of Skatalites' Treasure Island recordings
A 12" of Donna Summers' The Deep from the John Carpenter movie
A 7" from Building Blok (no idea who he is, but it's produced by Sly Dunbar)
A new record of Japanese noise muscician MASSONNA:

img_20211011_174554p7jp4.jpg

30$ at target and gamestop gogogogo!
Honestly considering it, I have Gamestop bucks to spend!
These are pre-Dread purchases. The SD card is in anticipation for the OLED later this week.
You'll have to let me know how Nocturne looks on the OLED. Was considering picking it up.
And lastly, I went digging and got some new vinyls:
A 12" version of Madonna's 'Live To Tell'
A compilation of Skatalites' Treasure Island recordings
A 12" of Donna Summers' The Deep from the John Carpenter movie
A 7" from Building Blok (no idea who he is, but it's produced by Sly Dunbar)
A new record of Japanese noise muscician MASSONNA:
Live to Tell is one of my quintessential 80s songs, nothing takes me back on a nostalgia trip harder than that song/music video. True Blue all around is such a fantastic album.

Live to Tell is one of my quintessential 80s songs, nothing takes me back on a nostalgia trip harder than that song/music video. True Blue all around is such a fantastic album.
Yep, it is considered Madonna's first attempt to rise above the generic pop star image she had until then. I also remember that song being the main theme from At Close Range (with then-partner Sean Penn in the lead) which made that movie so much more haunting. I just love that song.

But tbh, I don't think Madonna ever put out a truly horrible record. Her discography is rock solid. And I say that as someone who mainly listens to hardcore punk, crustcore, breakcore and harsh noise :LOL:

Metroid Dread physical will be my only Switch pickup this month. Got Atari Lynx Collection 2 and Jaleco Collection for the Evercade coming from Funstock later this month (It's being shipped from the UK to the US so I imagine it's going be slow to get to me)

Some recent-ish stuff.

SWOLED, baby. I've had the OG model since launch and basically used it docked 99% of the time. But this thing is changing that thanks to the screen being so darn good (and bigger). I'm even using the kickstand.

TmleKGT.jpg

And here's a stack of Vita games. I bought these over several months time and they weren't cheap. I started buying physical Vita games when Sony announced the store shut down lol. Prices have gone down a bit since they backtracked that decision but not by too much.

rNZvkTF.jpg

Also, Yo-Kai Watch 1 & 2. Dunno if I'll actually play them though.

XUdxyTr.jpg

And lastly, Pokemon Alpha Sapphire. I'm not much of a Pokemon guy anymore but I do remember liking the original GBA game(s).

l8ZnIlM.jpg

Some recent-ish stuff.

SWOLED, baby. I've had the OG model since launch and basically used it docked 99% of the time. But this thing is changing that thanks to the screen being so darn good (and bigger). I'm even using the kickstand.

Yep, I'm using the kickstand option so much more now. It's great to be able to just prop it up at a better angle and game casually on my desk. I really do love this upgrade and glad I jumped in.

Like many others, I joined the SWOLED gang. This may be my only contribution for the Oct thread. Glad we have one here since I enjoy seeing what the community buys.

Alright, now that my Dread Amiibo are finally in, it's time to show off everything I picked up so far this month (physically). It's a fair bit!

FGEdy8D.jpg

Zxm65JT.jpg

PSJN9Ps.jpg

Got this thing two days ago, living the dream of building high scores in my basement! :D

PXL-20211019-012531561-2.jpg

Nice set up! I have a Turtles Arcade game that I adore, would like to get another cabinet but it takes up so much space!

Not gaming-related, but i picked up the new Mighty + vaporizer. Three sessions so far and I'm loving this thing! Heats up much faster than my other vapes, has great vapor quality and the battery is still near full. $400 well spent.

Ooh, I see Fix It Felix Jr. on that cabinet! Cool that Disney licensed the actual game out.
I don't mind Fix it Felix Jr. but Aladdin and Lion King feel so out of place on a freaking arcade cabinet that I'm really tempted to just flip that board so it would be just black. :lol

Last edited:
I don't Fix it Felix Jr. but Aladdin and Lion King feel so out of place on a freaking arcade cabinet that I'm really tempted to just flip that board so it would be just black. :lol
Oh. Dang, yeah, those are weird choices for sure.

I don't mind Fix it Felix Jr. but Aladdin and Lion King feel so out of place on a freaking arcade cabinet that I'm really tempted to just flip that board so it would be just black. :lol

I think it would look much cleaner for sure. You could also buy some vinyl skin to place over it, there are a ton of custom ones made for arcade cabinets that look great. My Turtles cabinet has a god awful, giant Nickelodeon logo that I covered with black electrical tape. Looks much better now.

Oh I love threads like these. I’m waiting on a few eBay orders to come in before I post my stuff. I love seeing what everybody picks up!

Bumping this thread to show off all my unwise purchasing decisions this month! I bought PS4 games and I don’t even have a PS4 yet 😳 Tons of RPGs that I’ll surely never actually get to! I’m also waiting on a copy of Octopath Traveler from eBay but it hasn’t shown up yet.

That copy of X / X2 is the Asian version that comes with both games on the cart.

Bumping this thread to show off all my unwise purchasing decisions this month! I bought PS4 games and I don’t even have a PS4 yet 😳 Tons of RPGs that I’ll surely never actually get to! I’m also waiting on a copy of Octopath Traveler from eBay but it hasn’t shown up yet.

That copy of X / X2 is the Asian version that comes with both games on the cart.

Wow! That is a lot of gaming, going to keep you busy for a while! Have you played the original Final Fantasy VII?

Wow! That is a lot of gaming, going to keep you busy for a while! Have you played the original Final Fantasy VII?
I’ve tried playing it multiple times, but only ever made it to the end of Disc 1. But like I said, I don’t have a PS4 yet, so playing the original FFVII is on the to-do list!

Oof, yeah, a good deal of my backlog is RPGs too.

This time of year and the release of Metroid Dread made me interesting in buying horror game and the Metroid Prime Trilogy. I'm waiting to buy the GC Loader before I start playing my gamecube game, which I probably going to buy next year. Both gba game were at a decent price on ebay.

jb7IdD1.jpg

RwN4KNi.jpg

Back
Top Bottom