• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Famiboards November 2021 Pick-Up Thread |ST|

A. G. Cook

Locked in Charli XCX’s basement
Pronouns
he/him
VOrH1mf.png

wI14BMa.gif

SoXKMTI.gif
Pick-Up Thread
SoXKMTI.gif

Hey everyone! I thought it would be fun to continue the tradition of the monthly pick-up thread here at Famiboards. If you're not familiar with the idea, this is a way for you to share any items you've picked-up throughout the month (or previous month) and then have a place to discuss them. Found a really cool item at your local Goodwill? Received an awesome birthday gift? Treated yourself to a new console? This is the place to show them off to the community!

Once a new month arrives with a fresh thread, this thread will be linked through the archive below.

056aBDO.png

htZPYvs.gif
Pick-Up Thread Guidelines
htZPYvs.gif

• Please post actual photos instead of promo shots or images you found on Google.
  • Your pick-ups can also be non-gaming related items, so feel free to show off all your cool goods!
  • Don't criticize other people's posts. This thread should be focused on having fun and being positive!
  • Feel free to post throughout the month, the more engagement the better!
sz8Rtke.png

0jrVDQl.gif
Pick-Up Archives
0jrVDQl.gif

G4ZxZzy.png

SYA6nfm.gif

November is going to be a busy month for sure, the most exciting thing so far (that's technically an October pickup but very late in the month) is the Nintendo 64 controller for Switch. This thing feels so good, really takes me back to my childhood playing Super Mario 64. The game has never felt quite right in any other console or form but on an official N64 controller. Glad I was able to pick up two of these for use.

l2BHsW8.jpg

9pLi0uT.jpg

Also not pictured, Mario Party Allstars!

Bought Piko Interactive Collection 2 for my Evercade and bought Broken Sword 5 digitally for my Switch. Also got the Expansion Pack of NSO.

The gamecube challenge is really tempting me in buying more gamecube game and the GC Loader. I might buy the pokemon double pack later this month but I'm not too sure. Anyway I bought the Oracles of Ages, just because I already own Oracle of Seasons.

sV0dFRI.jpg

O4yixVv.jpg

Haven't bought a lot this month. Just Pokemon. It was also delivered late. Came with an ok tote bag thing.

gSM8kTZ.jpg

Also got a powerline adapter. I only learned a few days ago that these things exist. Definitely improved our internet upstairs.

X3z3pb3.jpg

Now I have also bought Turok digitally. Guess I'll see if I like it.
Turok is a tough game but I like it. On the Ancient City now.

Picked up Ace Attorney Trilogy for myself on the Switch. Bought Breath of the Wild for my sister as a Christmas gift and also bought Monster Hunter World for Xbox One for my sister's husband.

Now I have also bought Turok digitally. Guess I'll see if I like it.
How do you like Turok? I bought it when it first came out on N64 and have a fondness for that game. Still one of my favorite first person shooters ever.

How do you like Turok? I bought it when it first came out on N64 and have a fondness for that game. Still one of my favorite first person shooters ever.
It's hard but I like it. Except a few of the platforming segments. I can definitely see both Doom and Tomb Raider influence to it. A very 1990s FPS.

Back
Top Bottom