• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Pre-Release Endless Ocean Luminous — Pre-release Discussion Thread (UPDATE: overview trailer, see threadmarks)

wait, they did previews for a game that's been out for twenty years and skipped them for something new?
Apparently! But to be fair, Nintendo may specifically not want to do previews for this game in an effort to preserve more of the game’s element of discovery for players at launch. Or it could just be because it’s a smaller release, I guess…

Seems to be the case, otherwise they’d likely have announced it alongside the overview trailer. So no game demo, but we get a free 7-day trial of Nintendo Switch Online with the game, which you could argue is kind of a “demo” of sorts, technically, lol.

I pre-order many Nintendo games because I know my tastes and trust the teams making and marketing the games that speak to me. (Plus, sales are few and far between.) However, having never played an Endless Ocean game and wanting to know what the single-player Story Mode is going to entail this time around, I'm just patiently waiting for some kind of media coverage. Previews would have been nice, but I guess I'll wait for reviews instead. Of course, there's no real reason to pre-order this game, especially since I'll be going digital. This game is just an outlier in my Nintendo buying habits.

Someone in the First-Party thread claims it's indeed running on Bezel like the 99 games but no source was provided.
I assume the source is checking the Intellectual Property Notices menu on digital preorders, since those are live now. I’ve preordered mine physically, though, so I can’t confirm.

I just watched the japanese overview trailer out of curiosity and I've noticed some cool things that do not appear in the american one:

• Marker emojis for two different especies of penguins, polar bear, dog and horse.
  • A sixgill shark attacking the player with a tail smack (same animation as the other two games).

I am now 95% convinced the marketing is definitely underselling and that they are operating in their classic "un-spoily" way. I think they will deliver.

Last edited:
I guess it is true that nobody cares about Endless Ocean.
Huh? C’mon, no previews doesn’t mean no one cares. Plenty of people in this thread care, and Nintendo certainly cares otherwise they wouldn’t have green lit the game in the first place. Not all Nintendo releases end up having previews. For example, I don’t believe Another Code: Recollection had them, either. It won’t really matter once reviews hit and the game launches, anyway. I think part of it may just be that Nintendo doesn’t necessarily expect many people to be rushing out to get this game on launch since it has a more casual appeal to it.

Huh? C’mon, no previews doesn’t mean no one cares. Plenty of people in this thread care, and Nintendo certainly cares otherwise they wouldn’t have green lit the game in the first place. Not all Nintendo releases end up having previews. For example, I don’t believe Another Code: Recollection had them, either. It won’t really matter once reviews hit and the game launches, anyway. I think part of it may just be that Nintendo doesn’t necessarily expect many people to be rushing out to get this game on launch since it has a more casual appeal to it.

I was being sarcastic. I'm actually glad there's no previews because that means less spoilers.

So I saw from Wario64 on twitter that Play-Asia is doing this 3 for $100 free shipping worldwide, and this includes Nintendo's upcoming games for cheaper than here in the US.

...Paper Mario TTYD and Like a Dragon Gaiden were my first two, but I see Forever Blue Luminous on here for $37 so I got it. Curiosity has gotten the best for me, and hopefully I'll end up enjoying it.

a "StarTopic"—basically the main thread for a game once it's been released. usually someone signs up in advance here to create the thread for an upcoming game, but it doesn't look like anyone's claimed this one yet.

Oh, cool. Well, I won't. I am kinda unmotivated after all the fuss I went through because of that damn video I shared, who knows if I'm being disliked or "ignored" by some. I'll leave that to someone else, but I'll gladly watch.

but I see Forever Blue Luminous on here for $37 so I got it. Curiosity has gotten the best for me, and hopefully I'll end up enjoying it.

Hopefully you do, man. If you're into vibes and discovery, this game is capable of leaving you in awe and fascinated at any possible corner of the ocean. Things like, swimming through the open waters while seeing nothing, then you turn around, or up, or down, and see very close to you a massive creature, or a legendary creature.. if you feel chills in that moment, you did right.

So I saw from Wario64 on twitter that Play-Asia is doing this 3 for $100 free shipping worldwide, and this includes Nintendo's upcoming games for cheaper than here in the US.

...Paper Mario TTYD and Like a Dragon Gaiden were my first two, but I see Forever Blue Luminous on here for $37 so I got it. Curiosity has gotten the best for me, and hopefully I'll end up enjoying it.
Wait, what? Are you saying you can get 3 for $100 with free global shipping on Nintendo's upcoming games? Like, if I wanted TTYD, LM2 HD, and Endless Ocean, I can bundle those 3?

one more week! is anyone planning on doing an ST?
If no one ends up making a proper ST at launch and there still isn’t one after awhile, I may make one for it eventually like I did for amiibo and Samba de Amigo: Party Central, but I don’t really care to make an ST for a game at launch ’cause I’d much rather be spending that time playing the game than making and maintaining an ST for it, lol.

Finally got around to upscaling the original E3 2007 trailer for the original game:

Let you arms enfold out, through the dark of night...

Hmm, on further inspection it's not very good. Somehow IGN's upload is a bit better, and my similar job with Barrel Blast's trailer came out borked and IGN's version is much cleaner despite also being 360p. Might just do the same with those versions instead. Wish I knew where IGN got their versions.

Hopefully you do, man. If you're into vibes and discovery, this game is capable of leaving you in awe and fascinated at any possible corner of the ocean. Things like, swimming through the open waters while seeing nothing, then you turn around, or up, or down, and see very close to you a massive creature, or a legendary creature.. if you feel chills in that moment, you did right.

Thanks! I do think I will, but just unsure of how long I'll play it. The online aspect seems really cool in a laidback casual way.

Wait, what? Are you saying you can get 3 for $100 with free global shipping on Nintendo's upcoming games? Like, if I wanted TTYD, LM2 HD, and Endless Ocean, I can bundle those 3?

Yep, pretty wild deal. Wario64 is the goat of the game sales.

Back
Top Bottom