• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Sports College Football 2023 |ST| emB1Ggen

Oh man, just discovered this thread. I'm a huge Michigan fan. I'm hoping this is finally the year we can finally win the NC. Who does everyone else root for?
UW Huskies. Gonna be a lot of BIG fans here next season. Also, Michigan has an absolute brutal schedule next year which makes up for the joke one this season. Has Texas, Ohio State, Oregon, USC, UW. Ouch

Oh man, just discovered this thread. I'm a huge Michigan fan. I'm hoping this is finally the year we can finally win the NC. Who does everyone else root for?
I went to a D2 college (Southern Illinois) so I mostly root for Illinois (my brother's alma mater), Arkansas (my extended family's regretful home), and Colorado (my adopted home).

I'm from Illinois so I root for them, but I am generally a Big Ten first guy. Gotta root for the whole family!

There, Sean Payton. That is the worst coaching job in the history of football.

Week 7 AP Poll
Week 7 AP Poll (credit to u/InVodkaVeritas from r/CFB)

RankTeamPointsMove
1Georgia Georgia1559 (50)-
2Michigan Michigan1489 (11)-
3Ohio State Ohio State1408 (1)+1
4Florida State Florida State1389 (1)+1
5Oklahoma Oklahoma1278+7
6Penn State Penn State1273-
7Washington Washington1239-
8Oregon Oregon1150-
9Texas Texas1052-6
10USC USC999-1
11Alabama Alabama971-
12North Carolina UNC894+2
13Ole Miss Ole Miss748+3
14Louisville Lousiville731+11
15Oregon State Oregon State725-
16Utah Utah567+2
17Duke Duke479+2
18UCLA UCLA438-
19Washington State Wazzu412-6
19Tennessee Tennessee412+3
21Notre Dame Notre Dame374-11
22LSU LSU321+1
23Kansas Kansas103-
24Kentucky Kentucky99-4
25Miami Miami (FL)74-8
Others receiving votes:

Missouri (69), Wyoming (42), Air Force (41), Wisconsin (41), West Virginia (26), Clemson (17), Maryland (9), Iowa (7), James Madison (7), Texas A&M (5)

Josh's Week 6 wrap up

• Once again, the Red River Rivalry proves to be a Top 3 annual matchup. Hope we see these two play again in December!
  • Miami needs to learn how to kneel at the end of the game, not that @Vanillalite cares!
  • Notre Dame, thank you for playing this season.
  • USC really flirted with Arizona and it almost killed them.
  • Screw you LSU for killing my parlay with that pick 6 in the closing seconds.
  • Washington/Oregon is going to be a huge game this week, right @Barely Able?

Josh's Week 6 wrap up

• Once again, the Red River Rivalry proves to be a Top 3 annual matchup. Hope we see these two play again in December!
  • Miami needs to learn how to kneel at the end of the game, not that @Vanillalite cares!
  • Notre Dame, thank you for playing this season.
  • USC really flirted with Arizona and it almost killed them.
  • Screw you LSU for killing my parlay with that pick 6 in the closing seconds.
  • Washington/Oregon is going to be a huge game this week, right @Barely Able?
Winner of the UW/OU game I feel goes to the playoff. This is also going to be one of the annual Big10 matchups that kills a teams chance at the title game end of season.

I know doing well today was always a long shot, but the coaches are playing outright cowardly. When you can't kick a field goal, are down 27, in the redzone, and have a 4th and short, you do not kick a field goal. Try to win the goddamn football game.

UW keeps winning and their playoff spot is secure. Crazy to think they might even be able to afford a close loss

I'm on the road so week 7 recap will be brief.

• My God, did Colorado blow it.
  • USC is a fraud
  • Michigan needs to play a real team.
  • Wash/Oregon was incredible
  • Illinois pulls off the upset!
  • The SEC is weak.
  • Did you know that Colorado blew a 29-0 lead to Stanford?

Week 8 AP Poll
Week 8 AP Poll

#1 Georgia
#2 Michigan
#3 Ohio State
#4 Florida State
#5 Washington
#6 Oklahoma
#7 Penn State
#8 Texas
#9 Oregon
#10 UNC
#11 Alabama
#12 Oregon State
#13 Ole Miss
#14 Utah
#15 Notre Dame
#16 Duke
#17 Tennessee
#18 USC
#19 LSU
#20 Missouri
#21 Louisville
#22 Air Force
#23 Tulane
#24 Iowa
#25 UCLA

Wow at the ending of the Iowa Minnesota game. That punt return was amazing, pity it didn't stick.

My college team (that probably no one cares about but me) is 8-0! Let's go Colorado School of Mines!

They have the best mascot, too. Blaster the Ass!

Welp, Michigan’s in biiiiiiiiiiiiiig trouble.
Yeah. I don’t know what all the rules are for this but you would think the Big10 would at least come down on them internally. Talk about one of the more idiotic schemes though when you didn’t even try to hide the identity of the ticket buyer or at least rotate the names around

Yeah. I don’t know what all the rules are for this but you would think the Big10 would at least come down on them internally. Talk about one of the more idiotic schemes though when you didn’t even try to hide the identity of the ticket buyer or at least rotate the names around
I'm not convinced the Big Ten or the NCAA have the guts to come down too hard on them. I was watching their game against MSU last week, and the commentators were going on about how "they broke a rule, but its archaic and maybe this will get them to get rid of it in the future." I think the media, at least as of a week ago, was already preparing to take Michigan's side. I suppose we'll see how it all shakes out.

I'm not convinced the Big Ten or the NCAA have the guts to come down too hard on them. I was watching their game against MSU last week, and the commentators were going on about how "they broke a rule, but its archaic and maybe this will get them to get rid of it in the future." I think the media, at least as of a week ago, was already preparing to take Michigan's side. I suppose we'll see how it all shakes out.
The rule should be even more strict in my opinion until they go full helmet communication across the board. But that’s probably cost prohibitive/unrealistic for all but the top leagues (meaning NCAA won’t allow it if it’s not universal)

just dropping in to cheer on my alma mater -- *OH- !!

Brutus_Buckeye_in_2017.jpg

*i would never say this to anyone irl

Welp, Michigan’s in biiiiiiiiiiiiiig trouble.

As weird as the whole thing is, whether the NCAA does anything about it is another thing. That said, if the rumors are true about Stallion betting on Michigan games, then that guy is screwed.

Pretty miraculous that Ohio State is probably going to be the good guy underdog everyone sides with going into the Michigan game this year.
I hate Michigan form the 90s years when it was usually them and UW in the rose bowl. So always on OSU side, but do think it will be basically everyone against Michigan for sure.

Pretty miraculous that Ohio State is probably going to be the good guy underdog everyone sides with going into the Michigan game this year.
hopefully the good vibes will lead us to a win so i can brag to my Xichigan friends. the past few years have been lacking!

Josh's Week 9 recap:

• Rock Chalk Jay-Hawk!
  • USC has really fallen off.
  • The hopes of the Pac 12 fall on the Huskies and the Ducks.
  • Ohio State flirts with losses closer than most people give them credit for.
  • Poor UNLV kid dropped the game winning pass.
  • James Madison deserves to go to a bowl game!
  • Penn St let Indiana hang around way too long.
  • Georgia Tech ain't too bad?
First CFP rankings come out Tuesday!

Playoff Rankings are out. (Table copied from Reddit)

Rank​
Team​
Record​
1​
Ohio State Ohio State​
8-0​
2​
Georgia Georgia​
8-0​
3​
Michigan Michigan​
8-0​
4​
Florida State Florida State​
8-0​
5​
Washington Washington​
8-0​
6​
Oregon Oregon​
7-1​
7​
Texas Texas​
7-1​
8​
Alabama Alabama​
7-1​
9​
Oklahoma Oklahoma​
7-1​
10​
Ole Miss Ole Miss​
7-1​
11​
Penn State Penn State​
7-1​
12​
Missouri Missouri​
7-1​
13​
Louisville Louisville​
7-1​
14​
LSU LSU​
6-2​
15​
Notre Dame Notre Dame​
7-2​
16​
Oregon State Oregon State​
6-2​
17​
Tennessee Tennessee​
6-2​
18​
Utah Utah​
6-2​
19​
UCLA UCLA​
6-2​
20​
USC USC​
7-2​
21​
Kansas Kansas​
6-2​
22​
Oklahoma State Oklahoma State​
6-2​
23​
Kansas State Kansas State​
6-2​
24​
Tulane Tulane​
7-1​
25​
Air Force Air Force​
8-0​

Surprised to see Ohio State above Michigan, even with the current scandal.

Rank​
Team​
Record​
1​
Ohio State Ohio State​
8-0​
2​
Georgia Georgia​
8-0​
3​
Michigan Michigan​
8-0​
4​
8-0​
5​
Washington Washington​
8-0​
6​
Oregon Oregon​
7-1​
7​
Texas Texas​
7-1​
8​
Alabama Alabama​
7-1​
9​
Oklahoma Oklahoma​
7-1​
10​
Ole Miss Ole Miss​
7-1​
11​
Penn State Penn State​
7-1​
12​
Missouri Missouri​
7-1​
13​
Louisville Louisville​
7-1​
14​
LSU LSU​
6-2​
15​
Notre Dame Notre Dame​
7-2​
16​
6-2​
17​
Tennessee Tennessee​
6-2​
18​
Utah Utah​
6-2​
19​
UCLA UCLA​
6-2​
20​
USC USC​
7-2​
21​
Kansas Kansas​
6-2​
22​
6-2​
23​
6-2​
24​
Tulane Tulane​
7-1​
25​
Air Force Air Force​
8-0​

Those ND and PSU wins loom large I guess. Michigan has beat nobody yet again.

Rank​
Team​
Record​
1​
Ohio State Ohio State​
8-0​
2​
Georgia Georgia​
8-0​
3​
Michigan Michigan​
8-0​
4​
8-0​
5​
Washington Washington​
8-0​
6​
Oregon Oregon​
7-1​
7​
Texas Texas​
7-1​
8​
Alabama Alabama​
7-1​
9​
Oklahoma Oklahoma​
7-1​
10​
Ole Miss Ole Miss​
7-1​
11​
Penn State Penn State​
7-1​
12​
Missouri Missouri​
7-1​
13​
Louisville Louisville​
7-1​
14​
LSU LSU​
6-2​
15​
Notre Dame Notre Dame​
7-2​
16​
6-2​
17​
Tennessee Tennessee​
6-2​
18​
Utah Utah​
6-2​
19​
UCLA UCLA​
6-2​
20​
USC USC​
7-2​
21​
Kansas Kansas​
6-2​
22​
6-2​
23​
6-2​
24​
Tulane Tulane​
7-1​
25​
Air Force Air Force​
8-0​

The committee chair said last night that they are not going to touch the sign stealing scandal. Unless the NCAA or B1G comes down with suspensions/bans, Michigan will be ranked strictly by how they perform on the field.

@WestEgg you see they have footage of people in the UM guys seats for 6 games over 2 years and he bought tickets to 5 Purdue games this season? Had to change all the signals and are going huddle this weekend.

@WestEgg you see they have footage of people in the UM guys seats for 6 games over 2 years and he bought tickets to 5 Purdue games this season? Had to change all the signals and are going huddle this weekend.
I mean, in all likelihood we’re getting crushed. However, if we do somehow manage to pull this one off it’s going to be disastrous for Michigan. Everyone will see it as a karmic win, and it will throw their playoff hopes into jeopardy, which is basically the only thing keeping the Big Ten from taking punitive actions as is. Purdue winning would be pure chaos in the Big Ten for the rest of the year. I doubt it will happen, but hoo boy if it does…

Caleb Williams goes from guaranteed #1 draft pick to undraftable in about 3 weeks.
He was about all USC had against the Huskies though. If it was any other QB, UW probably has like 8 sacks and the game is a blowout. I do think all of the agent type requests that seems to be coming out (equity in a team, choosing team, etc), will tank his stock more than his team losing though.

He was about all USC had against the Huskies though. If it was any other QB, UW probably has like 8 sacks and the game is a blowout. I do think all of the agent type requests that seems to be coming out (equity in a team, choosing team, etc), will tank his stock more than his team losing though.
Yeah. he's a good qb but he's obviously not ready to be a leader in the nfl

A little late, but my week 10 recap:
  • Most of the top 10 was tested, but all but one held firm.
    • Ohio St- The final score doesn't show it, but Rutgers held close for the longest time.
    • Georgia- Mizzou gave a good fight.
    • Washington- That was a crazy shootout with USC
    • Texas- Needed overtime and won a 4th down stop
    • Alabama- It was close until they pulled away in the fourth and took out starting QB Daniels
    • Oklahoma- Lost Bedlam for the last time
    • Ole Miss- A&M should have been knocked out long before.
  • Cheating Michigan is already threatening legal action.
  • Tyler from Spartanburg sure fired up Clemson.
  • The power of Prime has vanished.
  • Iowa could win the B1G West.
  • Air Force's time in the Top 25 is over.

Back
Top Bottom