• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!
  • General system instability
    🚧 We apologise for the recent server issues. The site may be unavaliable while we investigate the problem. 🚧

Sports College Football 2023 |ST| emB1Ggen

Tough game to lose. Our offense looked to have had things decently together but our defense fell apart, which was the opposite of the opinion on Purdue going in. Fresno State seems to be pretty good, they earned the win. Learn and move forward.

Northwestern might not win a game this year.
Because I'm a masochist, I watched that game and honestly? Northwestern looked better than I thought they would.

Still absolutely terrible, mind you, but they might be good for a single flukey win.

Clemson is going to be bad this year, right? Florida state or UNC has a really great shot at the playoff. Let’s hope we actually get a team from each conference. PAC-12 is so stacked they might feast on each other though and lose a shot to an undefeated team with lesser competition. Bring on the 12 team playoff.

Well, it is that time of year. Back for another round of Josh's weekly college football recap!

• Only three Top 25 upsets this week, and most games were 20+ victories. Not a lot of drama. Pre-season rankings were largely correct for once.
  • Clemson and LSU looked bad though.
  • TCU/Colorado was game of the week. Great match.
  • I can't roll my eyes hard enough when I see a "Free Harbaugh" shirt on a Michigan player.
  • Pac 12 wants to go out with a bang. Undefeated.
  • Illinois got lucky to sneak out of Toledo with a victory.
  • Caleb in the drivers seat to the heisman right now.
  • DO YOU BELIEVE IN PRIME TIME?????

DO YOU BELIEVE IN PRIME TIME?????
yes-danielbryan.gif

Week 2 AP Poll
Week 2 AP Poll

1. Georgia
  2. Michigan
  3. Alabama
  4. Florida State
  5. Ohio State
  6. USC
  7. Penn State
  8. Washington
  9. Tennessee
  10. Notre Dame
  11. Texas
  12. Utah
  13. Oregon
  14. LSU
  15. Kansas State
  16. Oregon State
  17. North Carolina
  18. Oklahoma
  19. Wisconsin
  20. Ole Miss
  21. Duke
  22. Colorado
  23. Texas A&M
  24. Tulane
  25. Clemson

OTHERS RECEIVING VOTES:

Iowa 73, UCLA 55, Arkansas 28, TCU 27, Kentucky 15, Pittsburgh 8, Mississippi St. 5, Miami 4, NC State 4, Auburn 3, Troy 3, Fresno St. 3, Minnesota 3, Wyoming 3, Iowa St. 2, Texas St. 2, Texas Tech 1, Louisville 1, Washington St. 1, Illinois 1, Houston 1, UCF 1, James Madison 1.

Week 2 AP Poll

1. Georgia
  2. Michigan
  3. Alabama
  4. Florida State
  5. Ohio State
  6. USC
  7. Penn State
  8. Washington
  9. Tennessee
  10. Notre Dame
  11. Texas
  12. Utah
  13. Oregon
  14. LSU
  15. Kansas State
  16. Oregon State
  17. North Carolina
  18. Oklahoma
  19. Wisconsin
  20. Ole Miss
  21. Duke
  22. Colorado
  23. Texas A&M
  24. Tulane
  25. Clemson

OTHERS RECEIVING VOTES:

Iowa 73, UCLA 55, Arkansas 28, TCU 27, Kentucky 15, Pittsburgh 8, Mississippi St. 5, Miami 4, NC State 4, Auburn 3, Troy 3, Fresno St. 3, Minnesota 3, Wyoming 3, Iowa St. 2, Texas St. 2, Texas Tech 1, Louisville 1, Washington St. 1, Illinois 1, Houston 1, UCF 1, James Madison 1.

Looks like Bama vs Texas won't be a top 10 match up.

@Josh5890 who would have ever thought the Kansas would be a tough non conference game? How times have changed.

Lots of fun Pac-12 non conference games. This is where the league really makes a statement and help with some playoff clout. Oregon TT (maybe not as good after last week), Wazzu at home against Wisconsin (will want payback for last season’s loss at Camp Randall), Cal Auburn in Berkeley, Arizona State vs Oklahoma State (probably a loss but Dillingham os a fun coach), Arizona at Mississippi State (AZ QB can go to hell…I’ll let people look that up themselves), Utah at Baylor (after last week maybe not too big a game), the Big 8 classic of CU/Neb in Boulder for the first Prime home game (should be a win because Nebraska probably is a 3 win team but who knows). Plus OSU and UW should have blowout wins to pad their resumes and heisman campaigns of their QBs. I say Oregon, Utah, and CU are the only sure picks, but something tells me that one of the AZ schools and Cal will win. Very ranked team wins and by the next week might have 7 teams in the top 25.

Todays going to be an important game for Purdue. We’re heading in as one point underdogs, but I’m feeling a bounce back. Fresno State is a good program and we competed well against them last week, and I saw a lot of promise in areas where I had concern going in. Card seems to be an accurate passer, and Deion Burks is showing signs of being this year’s star receiver. The O-line is a concern as we were held tightly on attempted runs up the middle, but some more creative play calling may help that this week.

The defense remains the larger concern. I believe one of our starting secondaries was out last week, so getting some returning help will be nice. More importantly I’m hoping this is where Ryan Walters will show his merit with some needed adjustments. I recall last year that the Illini had a bad loss to Indiana to start the season before retooling into one of the best defensive teams in the country, so here’s hoping we see a repeat of that for Purdue this year.

Todays going to be an important game for Purdue. We’re heading in as one point underdogs, but I’m feeling a bounce back. Fresno State is a good program and we competed well against them last week, and I saw a lot of promise in areas where I had concern going in. Card seems to be an accurate passer, and Deion Burks is showing signs of being this year’s star receiver. The O-line is a concern as we were held tightly on attempted runs up the middle, but some more creative play calling may help that this week.

The defense remains the larger concern. I believe one of our starting secondaries was out last week, so getting some returning help will be nice. More importantly I’m hoping this is where Ryan Walters will show his merit with some needed adjustments. I recall last year that the Illini had a bad loss to Indiana to start the season before retooling into one of the best defensive teams in the country, so here’s hoping we see a repeat of that for Purdue this year.
Blacksburg is a tough place to go into, but I’m not convinced VT is anything special this year. Would be a big win

We had a pretty nice start, scoring on the opening drive, getting a stop, and then driving from our end zone back to midfield, but now there’s a weather delay. Hope we can keep the momentum when things restart.

It is surreal how much energy Coach Prime has injected into what was ostensibly a dead program.

Boulder is on the map now, friends!

After a 5.5 hour delay, we kept the momentum!

Edit: AAAAAND we gave up 17 points in like 5 minutes to tie the game.

Last edited:
9. Hours. Later.

All wins are beautiful.

Boiler up! đźš‚đźš‚

Last edited:
Big Noon and Gameday are broadcasting from there next Saturday. Boulder is the map now.
The city of Boulder will finally have an ego to equal its median home price!

jk jk they already did. But it doesn’t make the ride any less fun!

Big Noon and Gameday are broadcasting from there next Saturday. Boulder is the map now.
All for what stands to be a blow out. When they play actual good teams, we will see how they do. But it does show that top talent (and good coaching which I think people forgot he’s been doing this at all levels for 15 years now) can help turn a program around really quick.

Also…Pac-12! So stupid it’s ending. Just think about how this conference could have added say Baylor, Texas Tech, Kansas, and Oklahoma State (or some conglomeration of 4-6 teams from the big 12 or had added SDSU and SMU right when USCLA left) just two years ago and been easily the third best conference easily.

Glad the cougs showed out. People don’t realize the following because they think it’s just a small farm town but they have like 75% of the alumni base in Seattle. Let’s hope whatever Pac2 turns out to be, they can stay competitive.

I was close on my Cal and one of the AZ school picks. SEC not looking like much this year, but that’s probably because they actually are playing real teams out of conference for once. I’m sure they still get 2 teams in the playoff anyway.

It is surreal how much energy Coach Prime has injected into what was ostensibly a dead program.

Boulder is on the map now, friends!
Coach Prime makes me want to run through a wall. I think he could make a corpse run a 4.4 40 and score a few TDs

Week 3 AP Pool
Week 3 AP poll

1. Georgia (2-0)
  2. Michigan (2-0)
  3. Florida State (2-0)
  4. Texas (2-0)
  5. USC (3-0)
  6. Ohio State (2-0)
  7. Penn State (2-0)
  8. Washington (2-0)
  9. Notre Dame (3-0)
  10. Alabama (1-1)
  11. Tennessee (2-0)
  12. Utah (2-0)
  13. Oregon (2-0)
  14. LSU (1-1)
  15. Kansas State (2-0)
  16. Oregon State (2-0)
  17. Ole Miss (2-0)
  18. Colorado (2-0)
  19. Oklahoma (2-0)
  20. North Carolina (2-0)
  21. Duke (2-0)
  22. Miami (FL) (2-0)
  23. Washington State (2-0)
  24. UCLA (2-0)
  25. Iowa (2-0)
Others receiving votes: Clemson 86, Arkansas 33, TCU 19, Kansas 19, Tulane 17, Wisconsin 10, Kentucky 5, Mississippi St. 5, Minnesota 3, Cincinnati 3, Fresno St. 2, Wyoming 1, Oklahoma St. 1, Maryland 1, James Madison 1.

Pitt's QB, Jerkovick, should be dropped right now. Worst QB performance since Sunseri and has a loser mentality. Should be easy choice.

Josh's Week 2 Recap:

• My goodness did Bama get slapped around. They need a new QB asap.
  • The Pac 12 is the best conference in college football right now.
  • Clemson woke up after a while, but are they still pretenders?
  • Week 3 isn't very exciting either.
  • Is Miami (FL) back?
  • Illinois sucks again
  • The B1G West really sucks
  • Don't know why, but I think Syracuse-Purdue will be a slugfest next Saturday night.
  • To every Iowa and Iowa St fan that gave Trump the bird yesterday, thank you.
  • DO YOU BELIEVE IN PRIME TIME??????

Absolute joke of a game tonight. Offense sucked, defense sucked, coaching sucked, refs sucked.

The way that Coach Prime lives rent free in so many racists’ heads makes it easy to root for him. I have no doubt that Oregon will trounce them next week, but I’m happy to continue with the unbridled optimism for another week. What is the fun in sports if you can’t root for the unthinkable?

Week 4 AP Rankings
Week 4 AP Rankings
  1. Georgia (3-0)
  2. Michigan (3-0)
  3. Texas (3-0)
  4. Florida State (3-0)
  5. USC (3-0)
  6. Ohio State (3-0)
  7. Penn State (3-0)
  8. Washington (3-0)
  9. Notre Dame (4-0)
  10. Oregon (3-0)
  11. Utah (3-0)
  12. LSU (2-1)
  13. Alabama (2-1)
  14. Oregon State (3-0)
  15. Ole Miss (3-0)
  16. Oklahoma (3-0)
  17. North Carolina (3-0)
  18. Duke (3-0)
  19. Colorado (3-0)
  20. Miami (FL) (3-0)
  21. Washington State (3-0)
  22. UCLA (3-0)
  23. Tennessee (2-1)
  24. Iowa (3-0)
  25. Florida (2-1)

Others receiving votes: Clemson 76, Missouri 72, Kansas St. 54, TCU 21, Fresno St. 17, Kansas 15, Tulane 13, Kentucky 10, Maryland 4, BYU 3, Wisconsin 2, Syracuse 2, Louisville 1, Auburn 1.

I’m losing enthusiasm for the season. I don’t see a path to five more wins at the point unless we get a classic whacky Purdue upset. Pretty much just playing to hold on to our trophies (and recruits).

I’m losing enthusiasm for the season. I don’t see a path to five more wins at the point unless we get a classic whacky Purdue upset. Pretty much just playing to hold on to our trophies (and recruits).
That Virginia tech win isn’t looking so hot either. James Madison the best team in the state.

Week 5 AP Poll
Week 5 AP Poll
  1. Georgia (4-0)
  2. Michigan (4-0)
  3. Texas (4-0)
  4. Ohio State (4-0)
  5. Florida State (4-0)
  6. Penn State (4-0)
  7. Washington (4-0)
  8. USC (4-0)
  9. Oregon (4-0)
  10. Utah (4-0)
  11. Notre Dame (4-1)
  12. Alabama (3-1)
  13. LSU (3-1)
  14. Oklahoma (4-0)
  15. North Carolina (4-0)
  16. Washington State (4-0)
  17. Duke (4-0)
  18. Miami (FL) (4-0)
  19. Oregon State (3-1)
  20. Ole Miss (3-1)
  21. Tennessee (3-1)
  22. Florida (3-1)
  23. Missouri (4-0)
  24. Kansas (4-0)
  25. Fresno State (4-0)
Others receiving votes: Kansas St. 57, Kentucky 41, Colorado 32, Louisville 32, UCLA 28, Maryland 20, TCU 17, Tulane 11, Syracuse 8, Wisconsin 6, Air Force 6, Clemson 5, Texas A&M 5. Point values in parentheses indicate the number of first place votes.

A very much needed win for Purdue tonight. The bowl hopes are still alive, let’s see if they can surprise Iowa next week.

AP Ranking Week 6
AP Ranking Week 6
  1. Georgia (5-0) - Points: 1501 (35)
  2. Michigan (5-0) - Points: 1436 (12)
  3. Texas (5-0) - Points: 1426 (10)
  4. Ohio State (4-0) - Points: 1357 (1)
  5. Florida State (4-0) - Points: 1336 (4)
  6. Penn State (5-0) - Points: 1227 (0)
  7. Washington (5-0) - Points: 1213 (0)
  8. Oregon (5-0) - Points: 1113 (0)
  9. USC (5-0) - Points: 1077 (0)
  10. Notre Dame (5-1) - Points: 975 (0)
  11. Alabama (4-1) - Points: 921 (0)
  12. Oklahoma (5-0) - Points: 840 (0)
  13. Washington State (4-0) - Points: 765 (0)
  14. North Carolina (4-0) - Points: 726 (0)
  15. Oregon State (4-1) - Points: 633 (0)
  16. Ole Miss (4-1) - Points: 616 (0)
  17. Miami (FL) (4-0) - Points: 589 (0)
  18. Utah (4-1) - Points: 454 (0)
  19. Duke (4-1) - Points: 384 (0)
  20. Kentucky (5-0) - Points: 344 (0)
  21. Missouri (5-0) - Points: 329 (0)
  22. Tennessee (4-1) - Points: 306 (0)
  23. LSU (3-2) - Points: 149 (0)
  24. Fresno State (5-0) - Points: 130 (0)
  25. Louisville (5-0) - Points: 90 (0)
Others Receiving Votes: Maryland 81, Kansas St. 44, Texas A&M 31, UCLA 19, Tulane 8, Air Force 7, Wisconsin 6, Clemson 5, West Virginia 5, Kansas 3, James Madison 3, Colorado 1.

Josh's Week 5 Update: (Yes, I know it has been a while)

• Illinois needs to start over.
  • Pac 12 elite looked a little sus, but they held out fine.
  • Georgia let Auburn stick around too long.
  • Thank you for enjoying your time being ranked.
  • Brian Kelly is never winning a national championship at LSU.
  • Notre Dame escaped. Here's hoping Lenord at Duke heals up.
  • Red River next weekend!
  • @WestEgg might have made me a Purdue fan, at least whenever they don't play the Illini.

Josh's Week 5 Update: (Yes, I know it has been a while)

• Illinois needs to start over.
  • Pac 12 elite looked a little sus, but they held out fine.
  • Georgia let Auburn stick around too long.
  • Thank you for enjoying your time being ranked.
  • Brian Kelly is never winning a national championship at LSU.
  • Notre Dame escaped. Here's hoping Lenord at Duke heals up.
  • Red River next weekend!
  • @WestEgg might have made me a Purdue fan, at least whenever they don't play the Illini.
Bielema is not the answer. I have a lot of family in Arkansas and his run there was pitiful. His run with the Illini has had some seeming bright moments followed by an inability to take care of business when it counts. Or even when it doesn't count? Regardless, not a fan.

This mirrors how I feel about the basketball program but I'll save that for the March Madness thread!

Well, college football got me to do what Mario could not. I’ve subscribed to Peacock for upcoming games (basketball as well).

Well, college football got me to do what Mario could not. I’ve subscribed to Peacock for upcoming games (basketball as well).

People like to dog Peacock (I kind of get it. The market is saturated), but I get to watch so many live sports on that service, it is unbelievable.

Back
Top Bottom