• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion Anyone else waiting to play TotK on Switch Redacted?

Armoured_Bear

Like Like
Pronouns
he
BOTW is my GOAT and I will surely love the sequel, I've stopped watching trailers as I don't want to know too much.
However, I've decided to wait till the new console arrives in the hope of playing it in noticeably higher fidelity, this is in no way guaranteed and it could be in 6 months or in a year but as I have no shortage of other games to play, I think it's worth it.

Am I the only one?

I can't even endure these last few weeks until it releases, no way i could wait for the next system to play this.

... I just replay it on ReDraketed.

Maybe they launch the DLC (we're all expecting) by the time ReDraketed is out or close at launch?

OccasionalAdoredIraniangroundjay-max-1mb.gif

Nah, I’m not waiting around for a version of the game that hasn’t been announced yet to appear on hardware that hasn’t been announced yet. I’ll play it on Switch, fidelity doesn’t matter to me at all as I play pretty much exclusively in portable mode anyway.

Should I want to play through it again in a few years time, I’ll likely sell on my original copy and and pick up a copy with all the DLC for whatever console comes next, if they do that.

Last edited:
May 12th 2023. No way I could wait till 2024 when all of the game will be spoiled to me. Will it look good on Switch II? Yes. But it looks completely fine to me on this Switch, this artstyle will never age.

If we had a date for the next console & confirmation of a patch, then there might be a decision to make

As it is, I'll be playing on Switch

Hell no.

Playing that shit on my Switch day 1.

It'll probably be a relatively stable 30 fps. I see zero reason to wait.

trying to reduce backlog before it arrives because I'll play it every single minute I can
Ayup. Tears of the Kingdom will kill my backlog clearing rate. I'm not about to leave it for a new console launch which is bound to have its own selection of launch games for showing off the new hardware.

I barely can wait 4 weeks and you expect me to wait 4 years?
I'll just play it at release and then replay it when the next switch comes out, it's as simple as that.

if I get Tears of the Kingdom it'll probably be in part a nostalgia purchase, so certainly not. the crustiness will really take me back. I hope there's a new korok forest equivalent

Woah you guys really waiting a year and a half?
I don't feel like that would be too long in practice. Personally I have so many games that I want to play that I could wait until 2025 to play even something as exciting as Pikmin 4.

Of course, I'm not sure that I'd be rewarded with significantly improved performance or fidelity for such a wait, so I don't intend to. If I did though I suspect the wait would be easier than you'd think.

No, I'm waiting to play it five gens from now in the NSO app for Switch Plus 5 VR. Why play it on a more powerful switch when you can just wait more and get the true, definitive experience twenty years down the road?

There is no switch redacted announced yet and we don't even know if it will play TOTK, even if both things are likely assumptions. Also, you can play games twice. Waiting is not a wise decision if you actually want to play the game.

I don't really care, it looks great and stable 30 fps is ok for me. I think that Nintendo wouldn't release the game on the Switch if it didn't run and look great on this hardware. Confirmed by all footages we saw.

I know that BOTW had some performance issues, but it was a Wii U game ported without a lot of time for them to do it (without even HD rumble!).

Of course I will be happy to get a next-gen patch for Switch 2 (maybe 4K DLSS & HDR?), but I think that it will be good on Switch, I don't need to wait.

May 12th 2023. No way I could wait till 2024 when all of the game will be spoiled to me. Will it look good on Switch II? Yes. But it looks completely fine to me on this Switch, this artstyle will never age.
I've been waiting for this game for over 4 years, technically 6 cuz I count the time since I beat the previous 3D Zelda game as well. I'm not waiting around as well for what's at this moment something that doesn't exist to play it at a bit better resolution and stabler framerate while what looks to be the grandest a Zelda game has ever been is going to be spoiled to hell and back for me :ROFLMAO:
I didn't buy an Zelda OLED, Pro Controller, Collector's Edition for nothing LMAO

considering buying an extra copy just in cawe my CE doesn't arrive on time, which mine have a history of doing so

Won't have time to play in May due to an extremely busy time at work and SF6 is at the start of June so I feel I might as well wait.

The sad thing is that 'method redacted' people will probably be able to play the game 60fps upscaled and earlier than legit players :/

As a person that played Half-Life 2 on the release on outdated PC, where every explosion turned game into turn based RPG, I think I'll manage playing on the Switch just fine.

I feel this is such a classic Nintendo-fan thing. Waiting for some rumored/mythical hardware TM to fix them all! I mean people have been "holding off" of buying a Switch going back to 2019 when rumors all but confirmed the existence of a Switch Pro etc. etc.

Now obviously the Switch life span is nearing its end at some point and Nintendo WILL release new and more powerful hardware. But let's be honest, we don't really know what the next hardware is going to be. Hell maybe it won't be backwards compatible? Maybe the hardware leap will (once again by the way!) end up disappointing people. Maybe there won't be an update for Switch games to make them run better out of the box (something Nintendo has never done so far). So many question marks. If you want to play the game I would not recommend you to wait for some mythical Nintendo dream box.

Last edited:
I wouldn't wait even if redacted had a release date, I can't imagine doing that when we don't even know when it's coming and it's very likely not until next year.

I dealt with Bayonetta 3 on the current Switch. Not even the worst parts of TOTK will be as bad I'm sure. Plus they are charging $70. I trust them.

I could understand doing that if the game ran very poorly and affected the gameplay, but given that doesn't seem to be the case...what's the point?

No. It looks good, we don't know when a successor will show up, and there's no real guarantee that Nintendo would necessarily make the game run/look much better on new hardware.

Way too many unknowns. Just play it and enjoy it.

I will buy the game on my current Switch as soon as I have money to do so. Hell, even if Switch 2 was already out I would still buy it on Switch lol. I played through the story mode of Mortal Kombat 11 on Switch, Tears of the Kingdom will likely be the most impressive game of the hardware and so far looks like it's very stable, I don't see why not play it already.

No way in hell I'm waiting even a day longer than necessary, game looks great as is. I'll gladly play again on the next console, or emulate on PC at a later date.

Still haven't played through BotW yet, so might as well wait a year or two; don't want to get burnt out. I have more than enough games to keep me occupied meanwhile.

I don't wait for things that don't exist. The only way I'd wait to play TotK is if they announced Switch 2 the day it comes out. Despite all the rumours about Switch 2, we don't have a release window. So I'd just be letting myself suffer for no good reason

Nah, personally I could not care less about graphics or framerate.

If the thing was out with TotK I'd probably get it for its launch just out of sheer excitement but I know once I'm playing the game I will not care one bit.

No. We don't even know when next gen Switch is coming plus there is no guarantee that it will enhance or even play switch games. You may be waiting a long time for a proper remaster from Nintendo.

might as well wait to play it on PS5 because that version exists just as much as a Switch Pro version

Back
Top Bottom