• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Anime |ST| Is Captain Falcon more anime than Fire Emblem?

Okay that might a good one as well lol.

And yeah, I remember the training and job application thing, I though it was hilarious.

Yikes just checking MAL real quick, my PTW list for October is ridiculous even incomplete

Blue lock, Iruma, obnoxious people(UY), reincarnated as a sword, villainess takes the final boss, Gundam, I Somehow Became Stronger by Raising Farming-Related Skills, the eminmence in the shadows, beast tamer kicked from an s class party discovers he can contract demihumans, and probably some more. There’s a show with a Tanooki girl and a depressed Rakugo lady I just found that looks fun

I should put together my summer spreadsheet soon, most the announcements should be done now

Well put together my preliminary list for summer. Just as packed as fall honestly

cachedImage.png

That Kamen rider spinoff had me curious but I haven’t seen the stuff it’s based off of

Next season I'm looking at:

Hataraku Maou-sama 2
Overlord IV
DanMachi 4
Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer
Utawarerumono

Those are the ones I'm definitely checking out. 4 of them are continuations of shows I've already seen. Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer is one of my favorite manga. I'm sure I'll check out some other stuff, too. I may try to watch the first season of Classroom of the Elite and see how I like it before next season starts.

Next season looks a bit weak to me with only Crunchyroll. Seems Sentai got the big pick ups. Very excited for Love Live Super Star season 2 though I’m worried bumping Liella up from five to nine members will take away from it.

Shaft’s my favorite anime studio so I will always watch at least the first episode of their shows so I’ll check out both Luminous Witches and RWBY. After that I’ll probably just see what people are enjoying or catch up on my backlog.

Had a big anime night tonight. Fully caught up with Kaguya Sama Season 3 which was a ton of fun. I think the first episode I saw was the rap battle which was ridiculous in a great way and I’m really invested in the school cultural festival arc going on now. A lot of the characters are in interesting spots for drama and potential comedy so I’m excited to see it all come together. I imagine it will last the last few episodes here.

I also watched I think episodes 20-25ish of Dragon Quest The Adventure of Dai (Dai just got hit with amnesia). This was perhaps my favorite stretch of episodes yet. It slowed down the adventure for a bit which was super welcome, had some awesome battles, and big emotional moments. I definitely guessed the mystery here, wasn’t that hard to, but I was invested in the details. Great show.

I caught up on Spy X Family between yesterday and today. The dodgeball episode in particular was a 10/10. The moment they revealed the rival sealed the deal.

Just have to catch up on Love Live Nijigasaki and then I’ll pick something from my backlog to watch.

I fell behind on this seasons animes so now I'm planning on catching up real hard

I finished the Aharen anime which was pretty cute!

I also just finished Shokei Shoujo (Executioner something something) and it's definitely one of my favourites this season. Hope it gets a 2nd season some day!

Edit:
Paripi Koumei was great from start to finish! Loved how the rivalry between Nanami (bless her) and Eiko wasn't toxic at all, it was even the opposite, u love to see it!

Dance Dance Danseur stole the show for me this season, and it only just had 11 episodes. It was pure ART.
Mappa don't miss.

Last edited:
Still looking for good anime to watch.

Hmmm...

I think I know what I want though, but this probably isn't it, though I probably should get used to seeing stuff like this if I'm trying to get into anime.

Still looking for good anime to watch.

Hmmm...

I think I know what I want though, but this probably isn't it, though I probably should get used to seeing stuff like this if I'm trying to get into anime.

Fun fact that’s actually a spinoff of another show Strike Witches if I remember right. And remember Anime is the style not the genre. It covers a lot of stuff good and bad. Same goes for any art style. Plenty of fun stuff coming up this summer rho

Fun fact that’s actually a spinoff of another show Strike Witches if I remember right. And remember Anime is the style not the genre. It covers a lot of stuff good and bad. Same goes for any art style. Plenty of fun stuff coming up this summer rho
No, I like the art-style.

But there is something specific that I want, something that I'm looking for, that I haven't found yet.

No, I like the art-style.

But there is something specific that I want, something that I'm looking for, that I haven't found yet.
Have you seen Star Wars Visions yet? It’s a bunch of one off episodes by different studios, but if you like Star Wars and want a taste of anime it’s a safe bet.

Have you seen Star Wars Visions yet? It’s a bunch of one off episodes by different studios, but if you like Star Wars and want a taste of anime it’s a safe bet.
I'm actually looking for anime/manga like Berserk.

But also anime/manga like a manhua that covered the Three Kingdoms period of China. Or maybe just another manhua like that (since it doesn't have to be from Japan). 😅

I believe Kingdom would fit the bill, but I want to know if there's anything beyond just that manga (or, I guess, anime as well).

I have been thinking of Vinland Saga as well, but I need a specific character type from it all. A character-type that is not even done much nowadays or even back then, from what I know.

Stannis Baratheon (a character that I can't quite categorize)

Davos Seaworth (a character that I sort-of can categorize, but I know that he is deceptively more complex and probably has a lot more backstory, much like Stannis, than is initially revealed)

It's characters like that that I'm looking for. It's hard to explain. It's very niche, but I want a character that I either can't categorize properly, at least in any of the "traditional categories," or characters like, well, Stannis and Davos.

I don't know why I want this. I just do. I've always wanted an "anime A Song of Ice and Fire" since we never got an adaptation of it. And I guess that's why I'm looking for something like this. The closest I can find to something that I'm looking for is the manhua out there, but I'm still exploring my options when it comes to manhua (I read through one so far).

I'm actually looking for anime/manga like Berserk.

But also anime/manga like a manhua that covered the Three Kingdoms period of China. Or maybe just another manhua like that (since it doesn't have to be from Japan). 😅

I believe Kingdom would fit the bill, but I want to know if there's anything beyond just that manga (or, I guess, anime as well).

I have been thinking of Vinland Saga as well, but I need a specific character type from it all. A character-type that is not even done much nowadays or even back then, from what I know.

Stannis Baratheon (a character that I can't quite categorize)

Davos Seaworth (a character that I sort-of can categorize, but I know that he is deceptively more complex and probably has a lot more backstory, much like Stannis, than is initially revealed)

It's characters like that that I'm looking for. It's hard to explain. It's very niche, but I want a character that I either can't categorize properly, at least in any of the "traditional categories," or characters like, well, Stannis and Davos.

I don't know why I want this. I just do. I've always wanted an "anime A Song of Ice and Fire" since we never got an adaptation of it. And I guess that's why I'm looking for something like this. The closest I can find to something that I'm looking for is the manhua out there, but I'm still exploring my options when it comes to manhua (I read through one so far).
I think you might be overthinking it a bit. I haven’t seen either show, but there are Berserk anime and if you are interested in Vinland Saga just give it a shot! (I have a friend or two who likes Vinland) I don’t know what the definitive Romance of the Three Kingdoms anime is, but I’m sure it exists. (Maybe someone else will chime in?)

I know you posted a thread once about how do you get back into games and same as I’d say for that one you just have to give stuff a try! You can find some new favorites that’ll help you find new things you like and at worst it’ll help you identify what to stay away from. I forgot you are the OP of the Dragon Ball thread, so I know you like some anime already! You should give some other battle/adventure shows a shot like Dragon Quest The Adventure of Dai (literally the Dragon Ball Super people) or something like My Hero Academia.

Hope you find something you like!

New season has started and 2 days in here’s my watches:
Engage Kiss 1
Super duper flashy. One of the mains is a life energy draining Yandere. Yup this is on my list now
Teppen!!!!!! 1
Ok, that was great and got me good. Love over the top comedies. The Rich girls building an annex, the supernatural team doing a summoning (successfully thanks to one being an alien but the others not finding out), what they did to that poor statue, the macho building manager. Not to mention the setup of comedy teams all living in a dorm and competing to stay in the running.
Lycoris Recoil 1
This show sounded stranger and more interesting every time we got info on it. And it works. Pretty dark setup too, more action-y then expected. Definitely staying on my list
Phantom of the Idol 1
Oh no, Yuya is pure scum using the lingering desires of a ghost of an idol so she can possess him and do all the work XD. Fun set off. Poor Asahi. The post credits with his fangirls wondering if they hallucinated the whole thing was hilarious XD

So far having a lot of fun

Solo Leveling and Tomo-chan is a girl are getting an anime! Solo leveling also has music by Sawano!

I watched an episode (well, double episode) of Rising of the Shield Hero because I had heard some of the music. This is… bad, holy shit.

edit: for something more positive...

I'm watching Monster and this might just be one of the best adaptations ever. It perfectly captures the art and tone of Urasawa's masterpiece and it makes me sad that we never got that Pluto adaptation that was announced 5 (?) years ago.

Last edited:
Next bunch of episodes for JoJo comes out sept 1. Wish Netflix didn't get the rights for this, bloody netflix jail.

I've been watching a lot of stuff recently, checking out some things I was curious about and trying to catch up with/semi-rewatching things I started but dropped for some reason.

• Mob Psycho 100: Fantastic adaptation that really elevates the source material for me, rewatching S1 and finally getting around to S2 before the third season hits later this year. "Sadly", I already know what's going happen due to reading the manga but it's still as entertaining as ever.
  • The Faraway Paladin: Only watched the first episode so far but it seems to have an intriguing premise without the tropey-ness present in most isekai stuff.
  • Deca-Dence: Completely caught me off guard with its twist in the best way, seems fairly short, however. Curious to see where it goes.
  • Babylon: I'm three episodes in and fairly hooked, despite not quite understanding the stakes lmao

Also, I'm still watching Dragon Quest Dai on the side, it's my exercise show so to speak. As an adaptation it's unremarkable in many ways and can be quite meandering but it has a strong foundation and a really good soundtrack.

I wanna check out Golden Kamuy and Vinland Saga, the latter of which I've already read quite a bit of, next.

I finally finished my last Spring 2022 show yesterday. I had fallen behind in the middle of the season and again during SGDQ week. Overall, I’m largely happy with the four shows I watched. I think I’d probably rank them as such:

Kaguya Sama Love is War Season 3 - This and my number 2 pick were neck and neck, but I’m giving Kaguya the edge. This was my favorite season by far since all of the characters had numerous chances to shine mostly with great laughs, but also with some satisfying drama. I know the series isn’t over, but this was a very satisfying conclusion so far with so many excellent payoffs.

Spy X Family - I didn’t know anything about this show until I started watching and fell in love right away! I love all three main characters, the comedy and bits of action are great, and I’m enjoying seeing the world/story slowly expand. The dodgeball episode in particular was a 10/10 classic. Can’t wait for part 2!

Magia Record Season 3 - I wrote about this on a prior page of this thread. This was a conclusion both exciting and infuriating/disappointing. I’m mostly bummed it ultimately turned out to be a bad end version of Magia Record so I can’t recommend it to anyone given it doesn’t remotely live up to the game and it doesn’t ultimately work as a standalone story either. Still some exciting moments and wondrous animation / art here made me glad I watched it. Gave me a lot to ponder as well, both good and bad, which I appreciate.

Love Live Nijigasaki Season 2 - Nijigasaki was my least favorite of the Love Live shows so far (less like-able characters that don’t come together as a group quite like the other three shows) and sadly I enjoyed season 1 a bit more. There were some really great moments especially in the stronger back half of the season and in the final episode, my favorite of the show, but I ultimately liked the solo performances of season 1 more and the group just got too big this time. I’ll probably rewatch this show at some point, maybe season 2 will grow on me then.

If I didn't have too much on my plate I'd finally check out Kaguya Sama but it's the kind of show that I think my girlfriend would want to watch together and I already put her on FMA plus we wanna watch Spy x Family next. After that, though...

A bit late, but i still can't wrap my head around the fact that Netflix decided to fund a full adaptation of Bastard in the year 2022

That Ryusui Dr Stone special was superb. The new opening sequence used as well with its perfectly timed teases for the future hit me perfectly in the feels.

Shame we have to wait until 2023 for the TI arc.

I started watching some Summer shows. I checked out the first three episodes of Shaft’s RWBY show and it seems pretty cool. Is this just a remake of RWBY though? My only RWBY experience is BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle and the first episode of RWBY. I vaguely remember the store robbery and it seems like the start of the story even if it showed different events prior to that (I don’t remember episode 1 that well). If there’s something different about this show (ie alternate or expanded storyline) I wouldn’t be able to tell you. Favorite part is definitely the animation with some very slick action shots (that shot where Ruby drags the big monster up the cliff with her scythe was super cool!). Not too invested in the story, but I want to get to know these characters more having played BBTag. Incidentally, I had wanted to check out the first episode at least of Shaft’s other show, Luminous Witches, but Hi Dive has it which I don’t have so whatever.

The other show I checked out was Lycoris Recoil since it had a ClariS OP (I like the song, Alive, a lot already!). It’s one of those worlds where crime is prevented before it happens which I’m not too fond of and the gimmick is the crime stoppers / assassins are Japanese schoolgirls…of course. Wasn’t sure if I’d be into it based off that, but thankfully the main character and her team is working outside that organization mainly doing odd jobs and non-lethally solves all her problems. I’m really impressed by the animation both in and out of the action and the core cast seems good enough to pretty good. I ended up watching all three episodes out already and have really enjoyed it so far. Lot of variety so far.

I didn’t realize Love Live Super Star’s first episode of season 2 was out already so I’m definitely checking that out in the next day or two. I think three shows feels right for me for this season, but if there’s enthusiasm here for any other shows I might check a fourth one out.

Next season’s Kamen Rider just leaked and holy shit I love the design. It definitely feels like a throwback to the simplicity of early Heisei Riders, especially Faiz. Seems like we might get a sneak peak this weekend too with Revice.

Just watched A Silent Voice and blubbered all the way through despite myself. Looking for some sappy slice of life anime in a similar vein. The only other one of the same kind I've seen is Kimi no Todoke, which I also really loved. If these are as good as it gets, maybe just stop me there - I don't think I'm really looking for stuff that's the same, but worse. It doesn't need to be high school/slice of life - just something sad without being bleak I guess. Something about relationships - romance optional, but a plus I guess. Thank you!

Mob Psycho 100 S2 is bringing the feels in the most unexpected ways. Reigen’s mini-arc has been one of my favourites and that ending to S02E07 was fantastic.

Mob Psycho 100 S2 is bringing the feels in the most unexpected ways. Reigen’s mini-arc has been one of my favourites and that ending to S02E07 was fantastic.
I really want to rewatch season 2 before season 3. I’ve only seen it once, but it was so good!

Having finished S2 of Mob Psycho 100 I can now safely say that S3 coming in October is easily my most anticipated piece of media for the rest of the year.
Eh, while I look forward to it, it’s a wait for the dub for me. Plus October is insanely packing, there’s already like a dozen mist watches for me

Having finished S2 of Mob Psycho 100 I can now safely say that S3 coming in October is easily my most anticipated piece of media for the rest of the year.
Definitely my most hyped anime / show for the rest of the year. Going to be an extra awesome season with Mob S3, My Hero Academia S6, Spy X Family Part 2, and Pop Team Epic S2.

And miss out on Dimple's Japanese voice? Truly misguided.
I mean I liked the dub and it works in my favor. There’s so many shows I want to watch, pushing some to dub means I can do light multitasking. Plus I’m hoping my job search pans out by then which means less time to watch. So thankful crunchy is back to announcing dubs preseason, saves me quite a bit of effort

One of my most anticipated of the fall

Which is saying something with how packed the season is. It’s I’m the Villainess so I’ll take the final boss
So happy to see another villainess story get an anime, it’s such a fun genre of WN/LN/Manga. It’s also I really enjoyed the manga version tho this should be different since it’s based off the original (light or web, not sure) Novel that’s longer.

I really hope this and the success of My Next Life as a Villainess All Routes Lead to Doom! Last year lead to more villainess adaptions.

For anyone who doesn’t know, the setup of a Villainess story is that it usually takes place in a world that’s actually a romance novel or an Otome game or very similar. Except rather than the heroine the focus of the story is the love rival(who more often than not is the actual fiancé of the hero). Now they fall under 2 groups generally: annulment ceremony happens, some twist with the Villainess is revealed and either they’re insane/crazy, warp things to their own agenda and go wild(Villainess living a slow life in prison and May I Please Ask You Just One Last Thing? Are 2 of my fave examples) or some twist happens and the relatively innocent villainess gets taken somewhere else and tries to live out her life in peace(sometimes for the better). The second group is a mix with Isekai, a person with knowledge of the game was reincarned as the villainess, and this generally falls into: childhood(either rolls along with it because it’s better for the world but hedge bets/is nice/can’t be in character which improves things, or they use their knowledge to improve things for the better completely changing the plot), or at the annulment ceremony(if they’re lucky they have time to save their neck, or they’re doing what they can to mitigate things. Does not always involve personality transfer). There’s also the rogue reincarnator who’s infatuated with the villainess and tries to save/improve her life. I’ve seen some good twists on that one. Actually one with an announced anime that doesn’t fall into any of these is Endo and Kobyashi’s Tsubdere Villainess commentary, where 2 people playing the game get the ability to speak directly to the supporting characters and try to fix things that way.

Also a newer manga I’m enjoying is the one within the villainess. It starts off kind of like all routes lead to doom… except two differences, the original personality is still active in her head and had access to both the other world memories and everything the new personality did. Which healed her soul. The other change is she fails, the annulment happened and the shock sends the reincarnator dormant and the original personality takes control, bows out and does what she has to save the world before it festers and self destructs.

Last edited:
Upset that the Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer anime is going to poorly paced, animated terrible and just be downright disappointing. Now I'm kinda hoping they don't do Spirit Circle after all :/

I’m so glad all of Symphogear is coming to Blu Ray and that the gaps between Seasons 3, 4, and 5 have been relatively miniscule after how long we had to wait for season 3.

Unrelated I watched all of Planet With recently. Weird show where this amnesiac kid with a giant robot (who is normally this alien purple cat who lives with him) is taking out the super heroes defending the Earth from dumb looking monsters. The cast really grew on me and its wacky sincere energy eventually won me over.

Nice to see another Lupin movie hitting blu-ray. With that all 10 of the ones Funimation dubbed are back in print and in HD now, which is super cool. Also interested in A-Ko 2. The City Hunter collection is a maybe. That's about all for me from this batch of announcements.

Last day of the sale so all the deals that aren’t out of print limit are back(even in wait for stock mode).

Contemplating an order of Isekai quartet 1/2, Nichijou, Project ako 1/2 and Konosuba 1 myself.

Edit I bit. It was a great deal tho. I don’t add to my collection too often but it was just so tempting and some really fun shows

IMG_5459.png

Edit: also bit on these back on monday, my faves I want in my library picks

IMG_5463.png

Last edited:
Last day of the sale so all the deals that aren’t out of print limit are back(even in wait for stock mode).

Contemplating an order of Isekai quartet 1/2, Nichijou, Project ako 1/2 and Konosuba 1 myself.

Edit I bit. It was a great deal tho. I don’t add to my collection too often but it was just so tempting and some really fun shows

Nice haul!

I'm really tempted to bite on those Conan movies, but I should wait since I still have a ways to go until I get to them. (I've watched up to ep 531 of the anime so far.)

IMG_5459.png

IMG_5463.png

Made a couple orders from the rightstuf myself. Project A-ko the original movie was escellent. It was a blind buy for me, bit I really liked it.

Nice haul!

I'm really tempted to bite on those Conan movies, but I should wait since I still have a ways to go until I get to them. (I've watched up to ep 531 of the anime so far.)
Thanks. I try not to buy too much these days but I don’t take for granted I may be internet less for a while and it’s fun to just have some cool shows to pull out without effort. Also you and the Conan movies sounds like me and the extra girls und panzer stuff… Cept it’s all on Hidive which I have a sub for so I just need to get back to it
Made a couple orders from the rightstuf myself. Project A-ko the original movie was escellent. It was a blind buy for me, bit I really liked it.
I’m looking forward to giving it a try then. Seemed like something random and interesting

Also I’ll have to take a pic of my collection when some of this comes in (if not all of it)

Thought the thread would enjoy the new ProZD skit today.

I especially loved the two slice of life skits he did a few weeks ago lol.

Second one:

Well, super happy this is getting adapted. It’s extra guy gets pulled into a hero summoning, smells the stink of a corrupt king, splits, and his cooking nets him a Fenrir as a companion as he goes on a road trip to try out all the food in this new world. His chest skill is online marketplace that allows him to get any food and cooking supplies he needs from earth in exchange for new world currency

Back
Top Bottom