• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Anime |ST| Is Captain Falcon more anime than Fire Emblem?

I've been watching JoJo. I'm nearing the end of Battle Tendency and everything is vampire horses and retroactive incest vibes.

This is hyper gay and it rules.

I've been watching JoJo. I'm nearing the end of Battle Tendency and everything is vampire horses and retroactive incest vibes.

This is hyper gay and it rules.
The later JoJo parts will make the early ones seem like the most normal stuff you've ever seen.

If this is real this is awesome. if not Japan is cruel RPG real estate and Demon girl next door crossover
Edit there is no April 31, Japan is Evil and cuteness is dead

Last edited:
I'm a dozen episodes into Saint Seiya and it's pretty awesome.

That opening gets me hyped every time.

God, my fucking eyes...

Oh wait, wrong thread.

No.

No, no, no.

It's EVERY FUCKING THREAD!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Hello Anime Thread and everybody!

I recently entered my heavy anime watcher mode and finished an unhealthy amount of animes recently... I just recently finished Love is a war S2, such a amazing series, and my Dress-up darling --> Marin is one of my favorite characters now.

I finished Recover of an MMO Junkie yesterday, and I didn't think I would enjoy it as much as I did, makes me want to get into MMOs again.
If you looked at my banner, I plan on watching Sarazanmai next.

Recover of a MMO junkie was also a big surprise to me, I enjoyed the heck out of it.

Ya Boy Kongming! 1
Great start. Looking forward to see where it goes, was fun to group watch it with some people despite the delay and technical issues

Just watched Ya Boy Kongming's first episode and it was sooo good!
I love P.A.Works shows, and this ones first episode didn't dissappoint.

I love the premise of the story and the art was top notch too! Definitely looking forward to seeing more of this one!

Executioner and her way of life 1
I really liked it? I mean we got a solid establishment of the world order, MC is setup complete with backstory, there was a slight comedic break between the downers and the setup’s really interesting. I mean they unobjectively show how horrifying a threat they can be, they establish the worlds almost been destroyed in the past, tho there’s also the implication of some being benign or clever enough to survive long enough to cross pollinate concepts. First half becomes really chilling when you realize how much of that was an act and how much was sincere. Menou is pretty interesting and I’m curious to see where this goes

I love the premise of the story and the art was top notch too! Definitely looking forward to seeing more of this one!
Yeah it was great. Up next for me is Trapped in a dating sim: The world of Otome games is tough for mobs. Which starts tomorrow. Got the Miss Kuroitsu finale to watch shortly

I finished up my previous anime season shows, didn't have a lot to watch for once.
But the new anime season already seems more stacked compared to it!

I just watched the Executioner one too!
It wasn't on my radar, but I always try to check out as many new shows to see which ones I'll stick with.
I was pleasantly surprised by it!
It's twisted vibes slightly reminded me of Munou na Nana! Cautiously interested in this one now.

I'll probably list the series I'll stick with once they've all come out and I've seen their first episode. XD

Last edited:
I watched a ton of anime this past week or so as I marathoned four Sentai shows before they left Crunchyroll. I enjoyed Amagai Brilliant Park, Ano Natsu De Matteru, and Kids on the Slope. I did not enjoy the first season of Love, Chuunibyo, and Other Delusions.

I also finished Princess Connect Re Dive season 2 which had its final episode this week. I really enjoyed this season more than the first as most episodes advanced the greater plot in some way and the action was pretty gonzo pretty often. The last three episodes in particular were super over the top with the action and were extra exciting to watch and I like that they brought back a ton of characters for the finale. The main characters all got a good send off for the finale.

Aside from Attack on Titan which is still airing, I’m looking forward to this next season!

Just watched episode 33 of Saint Seiya. While the beginning arc was good fun and established the characters and setting well, it's becoming clear the Silver Saints arc is where the series is really coming into its own and why it's regarded as a classic shonen anime. A lot more character drama and high stakes with some really killer fights. I started to tear up a bit when Shiryu is struggling with his blindness and his girlfriend (?) asks him to stop fighting and live with her and she'll take care of him, and you can see him seriously consider it before running off, angry at himself. Just great stuff.

I'm watching Jojo Part 4.

What should I watch after Part 4, 5, and 6?
Like in general? Broad question lol.

Ya Boy Kongming! 1
Great start. Looking forward to see where it goes, was fun to group watch it with some people despite the delay and technical issues

I also started watching the show and its great, not only for the setting, but because they are actually adapting the Romance of the Three Kingdoms stories into the series. Like how in the novel Liu Bei visited 3 times Zhuge so he would join Shu and they changed so that he listened 3 times to EIko singing, brilliant

Just watched episode 33 of Saint Seiya. While the beginning arc was good fun and established the characters and setting well, it's becoming clear the Silver Saints arc is where the series is really coming into its own and why it's regarded as a classic shonen anime. A lot more character drama and high stakes with some really killer fights. I started to tear up a bit when Shiryu is struggling with his blindness and his girlfriend (?) asks him to stop fighting and live with her and she'll take care of him, and you can see him seriously consider it before running off, angry at himself. Just great stuff.

Like in general? Broad question lol.
Let's see...

In general? Yeah. But I'd be more specifically looking for:

Something zany like Jojo.

Something a bit dark like Berserk.

Something a bit long in length, like a series.

In terms of genre, Gothic, action/adventure, intrigue, etc.

Not sure how else to describe it.

Let's see...

Definitely watch Hunter X Hunter if you haven't yet. It is very much in the vein of JoJo with a good mix of adventure elements and some darker stuff, and is pretty long at 150ish episodes. And if you like HXH, the author's other work Yu Yu Hakusho is just as good and hits a lot of similar notes.

You might like JJK, it's only had one season so far but it has a similar vibe to JoJo part 4-6, and has some horror with a solid cast that's fun to follow.

"Gothic" is a good way to describe Revolutionary Girl Utena. It's a magical girl anime that dabbles in surrealism, existentialism and psychological tension (not sure how else to describe it, but if you watch the anime you'll 100% get what I'm talking about). Not very long either and has a bit of a MOTW formula to it but it's definitely worth a watch if anything like that sounds interesting. Basically picture Twin Peaks but with magic sword duels and queer themes.

It's a very cliche recommendation so you've probably already had it recommended at some point but Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood has a mix of political intrigue, adventure, sci-fi/fantasy, and similar themes to the previously mentioned work.

Just a few things to get you started, hope that helps.

Let's see...

Can’t think of anything that hits every beat you want, but here’s a range of suggestions:

Yu Yu Hakusho
Re:Zero
Attack on Titan
Baccano!
Darker Than Black
Symphogear

I think Yu Yu Hakusho might be your best bet of these.

Yu Yu Hakusho is one of my all time favorite series but it does skew more in the traditional Dragon Ball-esque vein than stuff like HXH or JoJo. If that's not a deterrent though then I think it's absolutely fantastic. No nostalgia for it or anything, I watched it in 2015 and it quickly rocketed to the top of my list.

Darker Than Black S1 would definitely line up with what he likes and I considered mentioning it, but S2... well, S1 is pretty self contained and can be watched as its own thing lol. But there's no harm in at least trying S2, I guess.

Symphogear is on my list, gonna try to get to that sometime this year.

Yu Yu Hakusho is one of my all time favorite series but it does skew more in the traditional Dragon Ball-esque vein than stuff like HXH or JoJo. If that's not a deterrent though then I think it's absolutely fantastic. No nostalgia for it or anything, I watched it in 2015 and it quickly rocketed to the top of my list.

Darker Than Black S1 would definitely line up with what he likes and I considered mentioning it, but S2... well, S1 is pretty self contained and can be watched as its own thing lol. But there's no harm in at least trying S2, I guess.

Symphogear is on my list, gonna try to get to that sometime this year.
Yeah from my picks I recommended Yu Yu Hakusho the most mainly because it’s four guys fighting demons who become friends in the process. It also has some good moments of humor and some real dark stuff is alluded to (like the black tape). Doesn’t really tick the intrigue box except for the Sensui arc when you are figuring out what his deal is.

I love Symphogear and hope you enjoy it when you get to it! I recommended it here last since I mainly picked it for having fun super over the top action and violence and it being a crowd pleaser. Otherwise not terribly Jojo-y, but yeah I was trying to share a range here.

Yeah from my picks I recommended Yu Yu Hakusho the most mainly because it’s four guys fighting demons who become friends in the process. It also has some good moments of humor and some real dark stuff is alluded to (like the black tape). Doesn’t really tick the intrigue box except for the Sensui arc when you are figuring out what his deal is.

I love Symphogear and hope you enjoy it when you get to it! I recommended it here last since I mainly picked it for having fun super over the top action and violence and it being a crowd pleaser. Otherwise not terribly Jojo-y, but yeah I was trying to share a range here.
I have a couple of friends who are really into Symphogear and have been pestering me to watch it. I'm a PreCure fan so I think it'll definitely be up my alley. I have a pretty big backlog (Saint Seiya is a show I've been meaning to watch for at least half a year but keep getting sidetracked with other shows) so it might be a while but I think I'll get to it eventually.

Symphogear is on my to check out list but my sub backlog is long.
Let's see...

How about Aura Battler Dunbine? In this case it’s mecha but it definitely gets dark, motorbike racer gets summoned to another world and forced to pilot a mech for a lord with dubious intentions in a fantasy world. It amps up quick too. Is on the older side tho. Meets the length requirement too

If you’re ok with something shorter both New Getter Robo and shin Getter Robo Armageddon are definitely worth a watch(both are standalone reimaginings too)

This looks like a good season. I'm going to be watching Spy X Family and Love Live for sure. But I'll also check out Ya Boy Kongming, The Executioner one, and that Shikimori show.

First ep of Love Live NijiS2 was pretty good. The performance was the highlight of it. I've been firmly in the 2D performance camp for these shows for a while, but this one made a very convincing case for CG. Lots of really cool sequences thanks to it, and the mix of 2D scenes spliced in made it the best Love Live performance yet. Lanzhu is a much needed addition to the cast and brings a nice dynamic to this series.

Definitely like Superstar more, but I'll keep watching.

So I was pretty excited to sit down and watch the final season of Magia Record (still rocking my Iroha avatar as of this post and I don’t intend to change it!). There had been some iffy diverges from the game at points, but season 2 was largely awesome with spectacular animation and I was excited to see exactly what would happen and where the story would head.

I’ll explain it in full in a spoiler tag, but I’m very disappointed this is what we have with the game shut down. Even with me enjoying what this ultimately was on certain levels, in no good faith will I ever recommend anyone watch this who hadn’t played the game. I’m only reading the full volumes as they come out in English so if it begins to diverge in its own way I’m unaware, but yeah the manga adaption is the only way to go at this point for Magia Record.

Ok so this anime is literally what if everything in the game went wrong. My guess here is that this anime ties into some event with the ongoing game in Japan as the final shot shows Ultimate Madoka handing Iroha a book with the plot of the anime. For Japan, I imagine this anime was worthwhile and interesting on that front, but yeah this means nothing for us. Literally once Alina’s Eve blows up the anime immediately ends with Kyubey saying he won. No reflection really or anything, because I imagine whatever meaning this anime has would be explored in the game.

So is it fun as a bad end? I mean I guess. The scene where Iroha gives up and stabs Kuroe’s witch was cool and emotional. But like, the game was so much better. It took Madoka’s lore to build a story that has sadness in it, but it still turned it around into a happy ending where Iroha grows as a character to become a true leader that inspires the whole community which was so much more satisfying to watch this play out. I guess you could say the big divergence Nemu having her memories is what caused all of this. That’s why Iroha met Kuroe and became less independent and also why she didn’t meet Madoka and Homura earlier which meant she never benefitted from her friendship with Madoka. I think you can handwave other fuzzy-ness with the back story as just how Shaft wanted to adapt it. But yeah, it just feels unsatisfying since you kind of have to infer that’s what happened.

Other random thoughts:
I know it was their own shot, but reusing the animation for when Iroha blasts Walpurgis in the game felt bad given the completely different contexts of it.

Momoko and Mifuyu dying is definitely when this is certainly the Bad End version of the game got cemented. The subtle shot where Yachiyo realizes they died later was very good.

I kind of like why Touka committed to making the wrong decision after regaining her memories after sitting on it. Like that shot of her losing it mixed with Nemu never correcting her kind of made it work for me?

Alina’s new plan / motivation sucked compared to the game. She was barely in the show overall which made this turn worse and made the finale extra unsatisfying. I did like the epilogue bit where she mailed Karin her final artwork. That was by far the best bit of fanservice of these four episodes.

I appreciate the final season was all about Iroha even if she failed. I was worried Yachiyo would overshadow her again like in seasons 1 and 2. Iroha still did have a proper journey here even if it was last minute. I said at the start this final season felt a bit pointless by nature, but the stuff that happens to Iroha obviously mattered in the moment. That kind of saves it for me even though I didn’t like this story by comparison.

If you read this and just wanted to know how the game ended instead, Ui’s soulless body was inside Eve. When Iroha reunited Little Kyubey with Ui, Nemu, Touka, and Alina all got their memories back. Nemu, Touka, and Ui ally with Iroha and Alina betrays the group (she had previously kept Iroha alive to learn the truth). Every magical girl in town including Madoka’s group works together to blow up Walpurgis Night with last minute assistance from Ultimate Madoka. The whole doppels are evil plot and taking over their owners never happened. The doppel system is preserved in Kamihama specifically as Alina is alive, but missing.

Birdy Wing-1
Was not what I expected, tons of Namco Easter eggs, curious to see where it goes next

This hopped onto my list

Healer Girl 1-
Wasn’t expecting it to be a full on operetta. Also even the medical malpractice was cute. Fun start

Healer Girl was so GOOD!! I wasn't even planning on watching it initially but I am so glad I did! The singers are all very talented!

Also Kaguya-Sama s3's first episode had me dying from laughter :ROFLMAO:I just love the cast so much! Chika is chaos personified. XD

There are a lot of sports animes airing and I've seen the first ep of them all.. and I can't bring myself to drop any of them. So my watch list is turning way too big. AoAshi caught my interest a lot! Birdie Wings and Love All Play were solid too! The Dance Danceur anime has potential too, it's also made by Mappa iirc. So yeah, lots of sport series!

For now I'll be prioritizing Tiger & Bunny S2, because it finally got a new season AFTER 11 YEARS. I feel so old dammit!

Sounds like I should check Healer Girl out too.. Too many shows this season :x

Just got done rewatching Castle of Cagliostro for probably the 5th time. I never get tired of that movie, probably my favorite animated film. Such a good story with such fluid and detailed cel animation, makes me sad it's a dead artform.

Still working my way through Saint Seiya (90 and counting) but I finished another show and started two more...

Mobile Suit Gundam 00

One of the last major Gundam series I had yet to see (the other being Wing, somehow I've seen over a dozen Gundam series and not one of them is Wing, I must be a unicorn). I thought the first season was great with the focus on ethnic conflict, but the second season was all over the place and really smothered a lot of the interesting conflicts and storylines. Still, I enjoyed the mecha designs and action sequences throughout. It's not gonna crack my top 5 Gundam anytime soon (maybe if it stayed as consistent as the first season), but I had an alright time with it all in all. Still gotta watch the movie, which I've heard... things about.

Spy X Family

I had been interested in this for a while but waited when I heard about the anime adaptation. This was a great first episode that set up a lot of stuff without feeling too busy or crowded, and I'm already invested in the family relationship. Really solid action scenes too. Can't wait for more!

Tiger And Bunny (season 1)

Coincidentally got to this show in my backlog around the same time the second season debuted. I had watched the first 3-4 episodes back when it aired but got distracted with stuff and never came back to it. Not sure why it took me so long given my love for superheroes and toku but the whole concept of corporate superheroes, while a bit oldhat now, was definitely ahead of the curve back in 2011 before the MCU got mega huge. And I love having a washed up older superhero single dad as the protagonist. Pretty much everything here is up my alley so I'll be looking forward to watching through this and starting season 2 at some point.

Last edited:
I finished the 13 episodes released thus far of T&B, and I really loved it! It was definitely worth the wait, I felt immediately at home with the cast again🥺
I'm really excited for whenever they release the second part!

And I have to again say how much I love Healer Girl, I think it might be my "most looking forward to every week" series this season! The VA's are so insanely skilled and I love the whole healing vibe of the show!! It heals me. XD

I think this is gonna be my anime list this season:
I already dropped Black Rock Shooter since it wasn't my thing, I wonder if I'll be dropping more series along the line.

I wouldn't mind since the list is so big I had to zoom out to fit them all on it. XD
ute0HUx.jpeg
Edit: I ended up dropping Yuusha, Yamemasu. It's not my type of show in an already stacked season I guess!

Last edited:
Don’t know if anyone here follows them, but the Anime Expo twitter account clearly got hacked this morning by NFT jerks and blasted @ messages to all of their followers and obliterated everyones timelines in the process. Awful!

I forgot to post here I did start watching some Spring 2022 shows! I’ve seen the first two episodes of Love Live Nijigasaki thus far and I’m not feeling the new characters much yet, but I’m intrigued that there will be collaboration songs this season. I also saw the premiere of Kaguya Sama Love Is War Season 3 and all the segments were hilarious. I also tried out the first episode of Spy X Family and it seems like it will be a lot of fun. I had recognized Spy X Family from the silly manga panels people share online, but otherwise walked in blind so it was fun to see what it was actually about. I thought walking in the girl was a spy too, but what’s actually going on is much more interesting and funny.

I’ll probably stick with those three, but I’ve been enjoying reading impressions of other shows here and I might pick up one more if there is a clear favorite.

Just started Digimon: Ghost Game which surprised me with how decent it is so far - more along the lines of Tamers than Adventure, has a fun horror angle and there is even a bit of a banger evolution theme that really calls back to classic Digimon music (believe a couple of ppl from the music team that worked on Koji Wada's songs came back to work on this series)

Summer Time Render was NOT what i was expecting it to be. I only saw tidbits of the previews and thought it'd be a highvalue romance anime or sth but boy was I wrong. XD

Although it has questionable fanservice shots, I am super intrigued in this show now. Art and animation is very high quality too.

mystery in a small town village with potential timeloops and DEATHS are my jam! Lmao

The ED song is awesome too!

Finished Saint Seiya (the 80s anime) and Trigun since my last post, both good fun and I intend to go back to the Hades arc from the OVAs before too long.

Meanwhile I'm watching Penguindrum and even though I was already familiar with Ikuhara's work through Utena... wew, it's a lot.
Just started Digimon: Ghost Game which surprised me with how decent it is so far - more along the lines of Tamers than Adventure, has a fun horror angle and there is even a bit of a banger evolution theme that really calls back to classic Digimon music (believe a couple of ppl from the music team that worked on Koji Wada's songs came back to work on this series)

Ghost Game is pretty solid - it feels like the plot is taking a while to happen but the characters and horror themes are all good. It's a huge step up from Adventure 2020 which was amazingly mediocre in every regard outside of animation.

I kinda jumped head first into this anime season. First anime season I've started watching more than just a small handful of shows since October 2018 or January 2019, according to my MAL watch dates anyway. Currently watching 6 shows, may add another 2 (definitely at least one since I haven't started the new season of Kaguya-sama yet).

Honestly my biggest takeaway right now is that my threshold for what I considerable watchable for anime must be pretty low lol. I think this was always the case, but this season I don't think I picked the best of the bunch but I'm still having fun watching the shows. Spy x Family is probably the only new show I'd say is really good. But I guess I'm just having fun with my first full season of anime in a few years.

Spy X Family is fantastic. I'd be pretty surprised after this strong start if it isn't the best of the season. Heartfelt and funny in spades, exactly what it seems to want to be. Production values are on point. Can't wait for this weekly.

On the not-so-good side, I started watching 3 random isekai shows lol. Two of them I'd read a bit of their manga counterparts a few years ago. I watched the first 3 episodes of the skeleton isekai show. Unfortunately this is way more rapey than I remembered the manga being, which I remembered just being dumb fun. I do think outside these scenes it still is sorta dumb fun, but that's a pretty big handwave and these scenes suck. Hopefully they're tuned down a lot going forward, because without them I'd be liking this a lot more. Trapped in a Dating Sim is weird. I remembered liking the manga a bit but I think this is a pretty lousy adaptation so far. Art style sucks in comparison, and the main character is definitely more obnoxious, and the pacing seems pretty weird. I'll stick with it because I have nothing better to do, but it's not very good. The third of these I inexplicably started for no reason whatsoever is that Greatest Demon Lord Reincarted as Typical Nobody Show. Not great! I actually thought the first episode was pretty fun, with the premise being this main character faceplanting in his attempts to make some friends. Honestly if the show stuck with that premise I think it'd have potential. Unfortunately, that premise only lasted for the first episode, and it's very quickly become extremely generic. Not much to see here for this one.

Then I'm also watching two romcoms to somewhat mixed results. Shikimori I think is ehh. Right now the hook just doesn't seem to be able to make up for the overall content of the show just being pretty substanceless fluff. I've heard this does get better as it goes, though, so I'll stick with it to see where it goes. Right now it seems like a worse Tonikaku Kawaii. Then I'm also watching Love After World Domination. First two episodes I thought were so-so, but the third episode was a lot of fun. If the show can keep up the momentum from that third episode going forward in how silly and goofy it is, then I think this could be a winner. I think this is the kind of show that needs to be both a cute romance with its main couple, and also a goofy/zany comedy at the same time to take full advantage of its ridiculous premise. Third episode did that better than the previous two.

Definitely plan to start the new season of Kaguya-sama soon. The first two seasons were excellent there and I'm expecting more of that.

But yeah, feels good to jump into a season again for the first time in a few years.

I kinda jumped head first into this anime season. First anime season I've started watching more than just a small handful of shows since October 2018 or January 2019, according to my MAL watch dates anyway. Currently watching 6 shows, may add another 2 (definitely at least one since I haven't started the new season of Kaguya-sama yet).

Honestly my biggest takeaway right now is that my threshold for what I considerable watchable for anime must be pretty low lol. I think this was always the case, but this season I don't think I picked the best of the bunch but I'm still having fun watching the shows. Spy x Family is probably the only new show I'd say is really good. But I guess I'm just having fun with my first full season of anime in a few years.

Spy X Family is fantastic. I'd be pretty surprised after this strong start if it isn't the best of the season. Heartfelt and funny in spades, exactly what it seems to want to be. Production values are on point. Can't wait for this weekly.

On the not-so-good side, I started watching 3 random isekai shows lol. Two of them I'd read a bit of their manga counterparts a few years ago. I watched the first 3 episodes of the skeleton isekai show. Unfortunately this is way more rapey than I remembered the manga being, which I remembered just being dumb fun. I do think outside these scenes it still is sorta dumb fun, but that's a pretty big handwave and these scenes suck. Hopefully they're tuned down a lot going forward, because without them I'd be liking this a lot more. Trapped in a Dating Sim is weird. I remembered liking the manga a bit but I think this is a pretty lousy adaptation so far. Art style sucks in comparison, and the main character is definitely more obnoxious, and the pacing seems pretty weird. I'll stick with it because I have nothing better to do, but it's not very good. The third of these I inexplicably started for no reason whatsoever is that Greatest Demon Lord Reincarted as Typical Nobody Show. Not great! I actually thought the first episode was pretty fun, with the premise being this main character faceplanting in his attempts to make some friends. Honestly if the show stuck with that premise I think it'd have potential. Unfortunately, that premise only lasted for the first episode, and it's very quickly become extremely generic. Not much to see here for this one.

Then I'm also watching two romcoms to somewhat mixed results. Shikimori I think is ehh. Right now the hook just doesn't seem to be able to make up for the overall content of the show just being pretty substanceless fluff. I've heard this does get better as it goes, though, so I'll stick with it to see where it goes. Right now it seems like a worse Tonikaku Kawaii. Then I'm also watching Love After World Domination. First two episodes I thought were so-so, but the third episode was a lot of fun. If the show can keep up the momentum from that third episode going forward in how silly and goofy it is, then I think this could be a winner. I think this is the kind of show that needs to be both a cute romance with its main couple, and also a goofy/zany comedy at the same time to take full advantage of its ridiculous premise. Third episode did that better than the previous two.

Definitely plan to start the new season of Kaguya-sama soon. The first two seasons were excellent there and I'm expecting more of that.

But yeah, feels good to jump into a season again for the first time in a few years.
Have you checked out Ya Boy Kongming, Executioner’s way of life, Healer Girl or Birdy wing yet? Those have all been great: Kongming gets teleported to modern day shibuya and becomes a manager for singer he’s inspired by,
… I don’t want to spoils this one too much but if you’ve been annoyed at reincarnators in other shows they get some karma in this one and the main character is cool,
singing is healing and follows a trio of apprentices and is basically a musical half the time, and
Underworld gambling, Yuri, Gundam expies, and some wild stuff. Also golf

Also Demon Girl next Door is great but I’m waiting for the dub to resume to watch season 2

Edit: also with you on skeleton, I believe most of those scenes were 2 panels in the manga. Still enjoying goofball arc. Not super bugged on trapped in a dating sim, I’m enjoying it

Last edited:
Have you checked out Ya Boy Kongming, Executioner’s way of life, Healer Girl or Birdy wing yet? Those have all been great: Kongming gets teleported to modern day shibuya and becomes a manager for singer he’s inspired by,
… I don’t want to spoils this one too much but if you’ve been annoyed at reincarnators in other shows they get some karma in this one and the main character is cool,
singing is healing and follows a trio of apprentices and is basically a musical half the time, and
Underworld gambling, Yuri, Gundam expies, and some wild stuff. Also golf

Also Demon Girl next Door is great but I’m waiting for the dub to resume to watch season 2

Edit: also with you on skeleton, I believe most of those scenes were 2 panels in the manga. Still enjoying goofball arc. Not super bugged on trapped in a dating sim, I’m enjoying it
I haven't checked those out yet but thank you for the recommendations. Looks like Healer Girl and Birdy Wing are on Crunchyroll so those will be pretty easy to check out.

Ya Boy Kongming sounds good, but I'd have to find where it's simulcasting.

I haven't checked those out yet but thank you for the recommendations. Looks like Healer Girl and Birdy Wing are on Crunchyroll so those will be pretty easy to check out.

Ya Boy Kongming sounds good, but I'd have to find where it's simulcasting.
Ya boy and executioner are on Hidive(it’s also where is it wrong to pick up girls in a dungeon is exclusively now, they consolidated it back in, they’ve held it for a while, they’ve also got Lupin part 6)

Again Executioner is one of my faves of the season so far and while it involves reincarnators the main character is not one(title kinda hints at why)

Ya boy and executioner are on Hidive(it’s also where is it wrong to pick up girls in a dungeon is exclusively now, they consolidated it back in, they’ve held it for a while, they’ve also got Lupin part 6)

Again Executioner is one of my faves of the season so far and while it involves reincarnators the main character is not one(title kinda hints at why)
I dropped my Funi subscription after Funi and CR merged. Maybe I should go for a Hidive sub. Lupin Part 4 is one of my favorite anime, and Part 5 was good too. Definitely should watch Part 6 soon. And I actually recently watched DanMachi and liked it a lot more than I thought I would lol.

I dropped my Funi subscription after Funi and CR merged. Maybe I should go for a Hidive sub. Lupin Part 4 is one of my favorite anime, and Part 5 was good too. Definitely should watch Part 6 soon. And I actually recently watched DanMachi and liked it a lot more than I thought I would lol.
They’ve also got the Fujo Minaki spinoff(and dub) too. Their year sub is pretty reasonable too(I got it half off back in December). They’ve got some random fun stuff like a bunch of mecha stuff too, Godannar, Ideon, Dunbine, the big O, Patlabor, Votoms, even Getter Robo arc from last year they even dubbed(which I loved as a messy passion project but hard to recommend if you don’t have getter knowledge). They’ll also have the new season of Danmachi in the fall

Last edited:
New trailer for Mob Psycho 100’s final season coming in October! Looks awesome!

I finally caught up with the new season of Kaguya-sama and man... this season is so good. I thought Spy x Family was a guarantee to be my favorite show of the season but I think Kaguya-sama is actually going to take it for me. Absolutely loving it.

Next show I'm going to start and try to catch up with is Birdie Wing. That would bring me to 9 shows this season. If you asked me 6 months ago if I'd ever watch 9 anime shows in a single season again I probably would've laughed at the suggestion. And if I catch up with that and still have a bit of time I may even try to squeeze in Healer Girl.

Honestly? My opinion on most of the shows I'm watching haven't changed much since my earlier post after the 2nd or 3rd week of the season. I think Love After World Domination has slowly improved, though. Not great or anything but I'm enjoying it.

I finally caught up with the new season of Kaguya-sama and man... this season is so good. I thought Spy x Family was a guarantee to be my favorite show of the season but I think Kaguya-sama is actually going to take it for me. Absolutely loving it.

Next show I'm going to start and try to catch up with is Birdie Wing. That would bring me to 9 shows this season. If you asked me 6 months ago if I'd ever watch 9 anime shows in a single season again I probably would've laughed at the suggestion. And if I catch up with that and still have a bit of time I may even try to squeeze in Healer Girl.

Honestly? My opinion on most of the shows I'm watching haven't changed much since my earlier post after the 2nd or 3rd week of the season. I think Love After World Domination has slowly improved, though. Not great or anything but I'm enjoying it.
Birdie Wing and healer girl are great.

I’ve been falling behind on seasonal anime, but I have been enjoying Dragon Quest The Adventure of Dai a lot. I think I’m roughly 20 episodes in? The group just rescued the princess from Flazzard. There’s kind of too much fighting instead of adventuring, but the fighting is really good and has so many heck yeah moments that it largely works out. Favorite moments so far were Dai’s first uppercut, Hyunckel jumping into the lava to throw the boulder, and later when Hyunckel stabs both of the Demon Lord’s hearts out. Fun show. Easy to keep saying just one more each night.

I've been in an anime binge again... I'll wait with Attack on Titan and wathing the final season when the finale hits.

Currently, with all the doom and gloom, negative shit and what not I need positive vibes so I watched...

My dress up Darling - Uh, yeah, there is some typical things going on which makes me go "sure thing pervy Japan", but the core of the manga, the relationship between Gohjo and Marin is adorable. Ofcourse he's a reclusive shut-in (apart from school) with a one track mind with a bad experience in the past, but you know, paired with Marin's character its actually been super enjoyable. Especially when she falls in love with him and her hilarious thoughts made me chuckle several times. Shame its only twelve eps, would have loved to see more.

Love after World Domination episodes #1-9 - Okay, the team leader of a sentai-like team who falls in love with one of the ladies of the evil organisation is the one anime I did not expect to watch, but here we are. Its far more fun than I expected. Fudu is completely clueless at first, but I like all the secrecy he and Desumi need to have to keep their relationship a secret. I'll keep watching this one.

Spy x Family - Only watched the first three eps and its amazing. Warm fuzzies all around. Anya is adorable. Loid being levelheaded at times, but I see that crumbling very soon. And Yor... ha, amazing. This is going to be very special, isn't it? Gonna watch the other eps tonight.

I've been in an anime binge again... I'll wait with Attack on Titan and wathing the final season when the finale hits.

Currently, with all the doom and gloom, negative shit and what not I need positive vibes so I watched...

My dress up Darling - Uh, yeah, there is some typical things going on which makes me go "sure thing pervy Japan", but the core of the manga, the relationship between Gohjo and Marin is adorable. Ofcourse he's a reclusive shut-in (apart from school) with a one track mind with a bad experience in the past, but you know, paired with Marin's character its actually been super enjoyable. Especially when she falls in love with him and her hilarious thoughts made me chuckle several times. Shame its only twelve eps, would have loved to see more.

Love after World Domination episodes #1-9 - Okay, the team leader of a sentai-like team who falls in love with one of the ladies of the evil organisation is the one anime I did not expect to watch, but here we are. Its far more fun than I expected. Fudu is completely clueless at first, but I like all the secrecy he and Desumi need to have to keep their relationship a secret. I'll keep watching this one.

Spy x Family - Only watched the first three eps and its amazing. Warm fuzzies all around. Anya is adorable. Loid being levelheaded at times, but I see that crumbling very soon. And Yor... ha, amazing. This is going to be very special, isn't it? Gonna watch the other eps tonight.
Desumi having a hand in the background of half the heroes is hilarious. Especially breaking Green

Also yeah Dressup darling was somehow my most wholesome but pervy show of last season. 2 from last season I’d recommend is Miss Kuroitsu from monster development and Reincarnated with an ordinary guy who turned into a fantasy knockout

I was perplexed at first why Desumi was “evil”, but seeing her father in the latest episodes explains a lot. Her as a seven year old beating up adults was hilarious.

Going to check on those reccomendations

I was perplexed at first why Desumi was “evil”, but seeing her father in the latest episodes explains a lot. Her as a seven year old beating up adults was hilarious.

Going to check on those reccomendations
They’ve teased both her parents were in the business and basically put in her job application without her knowing. Yeah both those shows last season were fun, Fantasy Knockout(I probably misspelled the full title) is a hilarious Isekai satire/parody where a pair of childhood friend coworkers both get isekaied after one gets dead drunk and says life would be easier if he was a cute girl that could manipulate everyone. Throw in a curse from a deranged love goddess and a bizarre world and hijinks ensue

Back
Top Bottom