• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Anime |ST| Is Captain Falcon more anime than Fire Emblem?

I saw a lot of people worried about the studio when it was first announced, but that's usually more of an issue with the material they're given lol
Passione definitely wasn't going to be anyone's first pick given their track record of adapting trashy material, but I had a lot more confidence in them after Ishura, which was also surprisingly well put together.

Oh and yes, both OPs and EDs are great!

Something else cool I saw yesterday is that the original Urusei Yatsura anime was recently added to Crunchyroll! For a long time, the only legal way to watch the original series was to buy a bunch of overpriced DVDs (and more recently there were a few Blu-ray sets).
Might give it a go when the new show is over and I’m feeling withdrawals

Guess this is my list. won't say I wont be talked into otherwise, but this is what I'm planning. Can always drop too as well

24SpringMASWL1.PNG

Yeah this season is an easy skip for me. Gonna go back to watching Naruto part 1 on the treadmill I guess.

Looking forward to checking out Kaiju No 8. I've been ignoring upto date manga readers with their non stop complains about pacing issues. All
because chapters comes out every fornight. Which is a non issue with the manga volume readers.

Also looking forward to The Fable. The only downside is it's on Disney+ and they have only CC eng subs. which is bloody annoying.

I gotta get better at finishing animes I've already started instead of watching 6 episodes, then going to another one for one episode that just aired, then another one, then back to a different 6 episodes, etc.

Interested in the following currently airing animes;
Studio Apartment, Good Lighting, Angel Included (watched the first episode)
BARTENDER: Glass Of God (watched the first episode)
Girls Band Cry
Spice & Wolf Remake

Wrapped up Apothecary Diaries today. With it and Frieren over, all I'm left with is inferior anime to look forward to. Instead of Frieren and Maomao, this season will give us the return of....Rudeus. Yeah...

If you're suffering from Frieren loss, I'd recommend checking out Spice and Wolf. It's not exactly the same but has at least similar vibes.

I know I'm late to the party but I just got through the finale of Attack On Titan. I feel emotionally exhausted, to say the least. What an incredible journey.

Pretty good season for me between Konosuba, Spice and Wolf, Demon Slayer and a bunch of shows I'm giving a 3 episode chance at least (Kaijuu 8, Sentai Daishikkaku, couple more here and there).

So is this upcoming arc in Demon Slayer any good? I found last season to be a step back from what came before. A training arc doesn't exactly sound exciting.

So is this upcoming arc in Demon Slayer any good? I found last season to be a step back from what came before. A training arc doesn't exactly sound exciting.
Last season at the same time felt rushed and a bit too stretched for me. I still enjoyed it but I agree that Entertainment District Arc was better. No idea about the upcoming arc but it's probably more setup for the finale, especially as it's apparently only half a cour 🤔

Konosuba S3

Strong start, I had a good time with Megumin's spin-off but it's great to have the full party together again.
That poor plant monster (which was voiced by Holo's va of all people) couldn't have met with a more terrible match than Kazuma's party :LOL:
Opening was fire too, they really went all out with this again :D

Thinking about that scene form Black Lagoon for the 5143658435th time:

I watched Black Lagoon for the first time semi-recently and I was shocked at how surprisingly intimate Rock and Revy’s relationship is (whether that’s platonic or romantic). I kinda pictured Revy being more of a typical tsundere type but she was great.

I watched Black Lagoon for the first time semi-recently and I was shocked at how surprisingly intimate Rock and Revy’s relationship is (whether that’s platonic or romantic). I kinda pictured Revy being more of a typical tsundere type but she was great.
Their "casual intimacy" is unlike anything I've seen in anime, I love them so much.

This scene too:

iu
'

Jumping into the recent Discotek release of the Berserk 1997 series and it is so fucking awesome- having read all the available books last year, it's extremely fun and entertaining watching such a beautiful adaptation.

It's also just bringing up a lot of feelings I hadn't thought about in awhile, knowing how much Guts learns and grows from all of these events. 😭

iu

My son watched the whole of Frieren and needs a new show. Any recommendations? He’s 8 but he can watch anything that doesn’t have excessive violence or smut

My son watched the whole of Frieren and needs a new show. Any recommendations? He’s 8 but he can watch anything that doesn’t have excessive violence or smut
Mobile Suit Gundam/G-Fighter Gundam

Joking aside(well somewhat they are great shows), Dragon Quest the Adventure of Dai(2020 remake) would be a top tier recommendation for me. Super classic Shonen, with none of the drawbacks of the older stuff.

I wasn't quite sold on "Studio Apartment, Good Lighting, Angel Included" after the first two episodes, but the third episode completely sold me. Even got me to change my avatar to a character from the show. Looking forward to keeping up with it as the season continues.

Mobile Suit Gundam/G-Fighter Gundam

Joking aside(well somewhat they are great shows), Dragon Quest the Adventure of Dai(2020 remake) would be a top tier recommendation for me. Super classic Shonen, with none of the drawbacks of the older stuff.
I honestly wouldn't mind him watching the original MSG apart from the occasional nudity, but I don't think he would find the animation or the story that appealing.

Adventure of Dai was on BBC iPlayer (might still be) and we gave it a try but only one episode. That's a good shout for another go, thanks.

You could try Hunter X Hunter though it does have some violence later on (less so compared to the manga, though).

I honestly wouldn't mind him watching the original MSG apart from the occasional nudity, but I don't think he would find the animation or the story that appealing.

Adventure of Dai was on BBC iPlayer (might still be) and we gave it a try but only one episode. That's a good shout for another go, thanks.
Just a heads up the first 2 episodes are based off the pre-serialization one shots. Tone and flow switch to the main draw in episode 3(tho the events of the first 2 are referenced and in play). So if they feel a bit off that’s why.

Wouldn’t recommend HXH that’s way too violent and dark. Oh it’s sub only but Tiger Mask W might be worth considering. Some violence but it’s mainly pro wrestling themed so usually it’s just heels getting a slash in(well some characters do get messed up but not viscerally).

Oh one from a recent season that’s really chill is Campfire Cooking in another world with my absurd cheat skill. Time Bokan 24 and Muteking the Dancing hero are also really fun ones without major issues(both are Tatsunoko remakes/reimaginings actually)

Edit: Restaurant to Another World is another fun one

Just a heads up the first 2 episodes are based off the pre-serialization one shots. Tone and flow switch to the main draw in episode 3(tho the events of the first 2 are referenced and in play). So if they feel a bit off that’s why.

Wouldn’t recommend HXH that’s way too violent and dark. Oh it’s sub only but Tiger Mask W might be worth considering. Some violence but it’s mainly pro wrestling themed so usually it’s just heels getting a slash in(well some characters do get messed up but not viscerally).

Oh one from a recent season that’s really chill is Campfire Cooking in another world with my absurd cheat skill. Time Bokan 24 and Muteking the Dancing hero are also really fun ones without major issues(both are Tatsunoko remakes/reimaginings actually)

Edit: Restaurant to Another World is another fun one
Thanks for these!

Hasn't released yet. Back in july 2023 they released more footage, saying it will be out later in 2023. But since July 2023 it's been radio silence.
Ah well. Almost a year radio silence is definitely odd. But I wanna stay optimistic that they're just taking their time 👀

Villains Day Off 12-end
Super chill, fun show. C-018 was best character, wish it showed up earlier tho XD. Just a nice laid back show. That tree spirit subplot hit me surprisingly hard tho.

Shangri-La frontier 25- end
Hah satisfying wrap up. That magical girl gag got me gooooooodddddd

Well that’s most of my sun and dub stuff from last season wrapped up. Just Bravern left, gonna try and wrap it up this week

Not sure if it counts as excessive violence but Spy X Family should work for him. If he's into sports he could try out Haikyuu. Cardcaptor Sakura is a pretty cool magical girl show too. Digimon Adventure also rocks.

Not sure if it counts as excessive violence but Spy X Family should work for him. If he's into sports he could try out Haikyuu. Cardcaptor Sakura is a pretty cool magical girl show too. Digimon Adventure also rocks.
I bet he would like Digimon. He has definitely enjoyed girly shows including Polly Pocket, and Sakura looks cool. This also reminded me that Sailor Moon Crystal was a thing. Spy X Family I seem to recall has realistic guns and murder storylines. I'd not heard of Haikyuu so may check that out. Thanks!

I bet he would like Digimon. He has definitely enjoyed girly shows including Polly Pocket, and Sakura looks cool. This also reminded me that Sailor Moon Crystal was a thing. Spy X Family I seem to recall has realistic guns and murder storylines. I'd not heard of Haikyuu so may check that out. Thanks!
Have you tried Magic Knight Rayearth? Magical girl + Mecha+ portal story + random rpg elements. A bit old school but fun from the team that did the card captor series. (Tiny bit of nudity in the transformation but if you’re fine with
sailor moon you’ll be fine with this)

Back half surprisingly has one of my all time fave ptsd stories in anime

Have you tried Magic Knight Rayearth? Magical girl + Mecha+ portal story + random rpg elements. A bit old school but fun from the team that did the card captor series. (Tiny bit of nudity in the transformation but if you’re fine with
sailor moon you’ll be fine with this)

Back half surprisingly has one of my all time fave ptsd stories in anime
I'd not heard of it. I've now made a list of all the recommendations and we'll try out a lot of them. Thanks all.

I'm ecstatic about my friends' growing love for Dungeon Meshi, now that the full form of the story and the world is taking shape. A lot of the ingredients have already been laid out and are being prepared for our viewing pleasure, and to think that there's still a bunch more to come.

Watched the first episode of Wind Breaker. To my disappointment, it was not an anime about breaking wind. But it was surprisingly fun and entertaining. There's something classic feeling about a show about high school gangs fighting other high school gangs.

Dungeon Meshi's next episode could very easily end up being the most significant one. Looking forward to see reactions from people who haven't read the manga.

I was somewhat excited to see The Grimm Variations anime. It was a different take on 5 Grimm Brother Stories: Cinderella, Red Riding Hood, Hansel and Gretel, Elf and the Shoemaker, The Town Musicians of Bremen and Pied Piper of Hamelin. Each episode was around 40+minutes but sadly they felt a bit of a chore to watch. In the description it says they incorporated "dark elements" which it turn out to be rather boring. At times the story was overly complicated and at others it was just drag with no real motivator. I dont know if the stories they picked contributed to this, although I do appreciate the deep cuts.

Some chapters were interesting, Red Riding Hood was unique and while Cinderella was predictable it was interesting seeing it through. The animation and visuals are great. Maybe they will do a sequel but I have not seen many talk about it.

MHOU31S.png

I've been rewatching Hibike! Euphonium (+ watching the movies for the first time) because the third season is finally airing, and I never realized how much I loved this series. I liked it well enough the first time, but it's really sticking with me this time. I always found Kumiko relatable, but this rewatch solidified her as one of my favorite protagonists. More than that, I love how much development side characters get (this is part of the reason why March Comes in Like a Lion is my favorite anime). Liz and the Blue Bird in particular was an amazing film, and it barely featured Kumiko!

I'm excited to start the third season soon, but it's also going to be a little sad because a lot of my favorite characters have graduated at this point in the story.

I always found Kumiko relatable, but this rewatch solidified her as one of my favorite protagonists
Kumiko is an amazing protagonist, her subtle sarcastic edge always tickles my ribs, especially when she's poking fun at Reina.

Also watching the 3rd season now and I do feel a tad wistful about all the people who graduated.

Back
Top Bottom