• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Anime |ST| Is Captain Falcon more anime than Fire Emblem?

Finished Bravern! Honestly thought it was a blast and a great ride. Find the rushed complaints funny. Nah they were just playing with classic super tropes while staying inside the framework of a modern real mech single cour. Well that and leaving stuff loose for crossover or spinoff stuff. Oh and Lulu is the best. She's gonna be hilarious in a full SRW game. Well that and the CIA water boarding guy, can't wait to see him trying it on some SRW staples like Jin, Koji, or Domon

I saw Spy X Family Code White today! It was a good time! A bit of slow start, but once it got going and everything started coming together I really enjoyed it. Very surprised how dedicated / elaborate that one Anya joke sequence was and I loved some of the smaller jokes too like Loid’s “I piloted these part time back in the day” joke and the post credits sequence.

Delicious in Dungeon is a delight. I knew I'd like it, but I wasn't expecting to like it this much, lol. Convinced my mom to watch it with me too and she loves it.

Gonna read more of the manga soon... but I'm guessing that's a story for another thread.

Been watching the original 80s Kinnikuman anime. It’s very fun and charming. It’s too bad it’ll probably never get an official localization due to… well, less-than-flattering racist stereotypes and a certain German wrestler, but a fansub group is still working on it, at least.

Been watching the original 80s Kinnikuman anime. It’s very fun and charming. It’s too bad it’ll probably never get an official localization due to… well, less-than-flattering racist stereotypes and a certain German wrestler, but a fansub group is still working on it, at least.
Just know it has a ton of filler(including the final 2 seasons being filler, and the final arc being a separate anime made 5 years later). Oh and the main racist side character was a one off in the manga who never appears again. However Brocken jr is fixed both in the final arc of the manga/the scramble for the throne anime design wise(he was never an issue characterization wise outside a single card) and he’s used that corrected design since. The creators were a pair of teens straight out of high school in the 70’s and literally didn’t know this stuff was an issue till the anime started(and we’re willing to make changes but Toei wasn’t). So I blame the editor(and the fan Mail, the Brock’s were a Mail in design and intended as one offs XD).

Scramble for the throne could get picked up. And the continuation doesn’t have these issues(tho both animes have changed elements that may be confusing since the new one is manga loyal)

Just know it has a ton of filler(including the final 2 seasons being filler, and the final arc being a separate anime made 5 years later). Oh and the main racist side character was a one off in the manga who never appears again. However Brocken jr is fixed both in the final arc of the manga/the scramble for the throne anime design wise(he was never an issue characterization wise outside a single card) and he’s used that corrected design since. The creators were a pair of teens straight out of high school in the 70’s and literally didn’t know this stuff was an issue till the anime started(and we’re willing to make changes but Toei wasn’t). So I blame the editor(and the fan Mail, the Brock’s were a Mail in design and intended as one offs XD).

Scramble for the throne could get picked up. And the continuation doesn’t have these issues(tho both animes have changed elements that may be confusing since the new one is manga loyal)
Only the first 80 or so episodes have been subbed so far so I don’t think that includes those final seasons.

I saw Spy X Family Code White today! It was a good time! A bit of slow start, but once it got going and everything started coming together I really enjoyed it. Very surprised how dedicated / elaborate that one Anya joke sequence was and I loved some of the smaller jokes too like Loid’s “I piloted these part time back in the day” joke and the post credits sequence.
Just saw it too! Had a great time, reminded me a lot of the Detective Conan (Case Closed) movies, in which they don't worry much about the story and just have fun with a movie budget and some crazy set pieces :D

Also yeah, that Anya sequence was something else xD

Today's Dungeon Meshi episode was excellent. Really tense, both the action scene and Laios talking to the other characters.

I recognize some parts of myself in how Laios behaves, makes me wonder if his character is meant to be on the spectrum. I know that's not an unique read on the character judging from some googling I did but this episode especially drives it home for me.

I recognize some parts of myself in how Laios behaves, makes me wonder if his character is meant to be on the spectrum
Kui-sensei has never explicitly confirmed Laios is on the spectrum, but I'd like to believe that he is meant to be autistic. After all, she has written about autistic characters before (check out her previous work, Terrarium in a Drawer, if you're curious).

First I would like to share this, it's important:

Then, I am going to use this thread to promote Scissor Seven, because I practically hear no one talking about it. We got the trailer for season 5, and it's delightful as ever:

Back
Top Bottom