• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Animal Crossing: New Horizons 2.0 + Happy Home Paradise |ST|

So yesterday I said I’d be out daily if I didn’t get a cool Kapp’n island and I did with the shooting star island. Today I still felt similar and I got an off season snowing island and caught my first string fish and pond smelt! Kapp’n is coming through big time now! I’m down to just six fish and five sea creatures left for my museum. My next fish is in May and my next sea creature in March. Probably in through Monday at least now lol.

Almost forgot to share Isabelle remembered to share advice today she had been meaning to share that if you see someone wash ashore make sure to help them find their belongings. That’s what good islanders would do lol. Very specific lol.

This is just weird then. I could understand Labelle because she’s centrally located, but the roaming NPCs or ones like Redd that are out of the way not getting a message is just odd to me. Instead so far it’s just Gulliver and I run into him consistently during my daily loop. So thanks, I guess, Isabelle?
Yea I find it fairly useless that she announces Leif and Kicks whom you can't help but literally trip over most of the time since they're in the plaza. She does announce Flick and C.J. though, but they're roaming all-day and Celeste only comes by after sunset. But she could still give a hint like "I hear our friend Celeste is planning to drop by later tonight to look at the stars on our beautiful island. Maybe you'll run into her!" or something like that.

She also doesn't say anything about Celeste (even if you first log in at night time when she's actually there)

I could have sworn she did for me at night...

I think the thing is, she only announces who is visiting that day if she has nothing else to say for that day, otherwise she slips it.

I could have sworn she did for me at night...

I think the thing is, she only announces who is visiting that day if she has nothing else to say for that day, otherwise she slips it.
That seems likely to me. I got an announcement about Saharah yesterday at least which was nice because they roam all over the place.

Yeah I've had her announce Redd before, she definitely uses these visitor lines as filler if she has nothing else to say for the day. I imagine holidays, seasonal changes, probably even villager birthdays will override them.

Hot take. I preferred it when Isabelle didn't announce the daily visitor. Part of the fun was finding them myself.

I finally got those seasonal recipes I've been looking for. I've recently come to appreciate how awesome arches are so it's great having trees bounty arches in my plaza. Also, the maple leaf pond stone is cool too.

Hotter take: I wish Isabelle's updates were part of an app, like NookTube or something where you could watch some KK performances, maybe some shows that teach recipes, videos from friends, and an Isabelle vlog/stream (but really it's just a preset video) updating you on island life if you're interested.

I've had Isabelle mention Redd (she talks about fake art and a boat) and Labelle visits. I definitely appreciate this system, having to roam the island to find visitors could get annoying, especially ones like Celeste that don't have a fixed spot.

However, I haven't seen Celeste since the update so I dunno if Isabelle mentions her.

Has Redd had anything but fakes for anyone on Harv's island? He needs to go or I'm calling the polis.
I've gotten legit stuff from Redd. Two things so far in fact. It's way better than waiting for redds boat which I never see ever.

Hot take. I preferred it when Isabelle didn't announce the daily visitor. Part of the fun was finding them myself.

I finally got those seasonal recipes I've been looking for. I've recently come to appreciate how awesome arches are so it's great having trees bounty arches in my plaza. Also, the maple leaf pond stone is cool too.
I have had absolutely 0 luck with the mushroom and leaf recipes. I suspect part of the issue is I don't play for too long so I see maybe 1 or 2 balloons per session?

I have had absolutely 0 luck with the mushroom and leaf recipes. I suspect part of the issue is I don't play for too long so I see maybe 1 or 2 balloons per session?
Last year I tried farming the mushroom recipes for 3 hours and I still didn't get most of them. Just running up and down on the edge of my island, listening and watching the horizon. I had the minute they spawn down and checked every interval lol.

I currently have dupes for mush lamp and trees bounty big tree if you need one of those.

Also, I wanted to note this for future reference.
Lewd villagers

Has Redd had anything but fakes for anyone on Harv's island? He needs to go or I'm calling the polis.
Yup, he sells legit stuff too

Been filling my gallery up at a somewhat decent pace, even if it has been mostly fakes and dupes the last couple of days.

In case anyone else also hadn't realized this: the HHP main island ALSO HAS A DIY BOTTLE RECIPE WASH UP ON THE BEACH EVERY DAY!!!

That's where you get stuff like the broken pillar or glowy-moss stool from (not exclusively since I got the moss stool before somewhere else but I assume it doesn't spawn the base-game DIYs there).

Yup, he sells legit stuff too

Been filling my gallery up at a somewhat decent pace, even if it has been mostly fakes and dupes the last couple of days.
I guess you have to buy the fakes to get him to rotate stock? I’ve just been ignoring him and he’s sat there for two weeks with two sets of fakes.

I guess you have to buy the fakes to get him to rotate stock? I’ve just been ignoring him and he’s sat there for two weeks with two sets of fakes.
Yup, I did not realize that until I got the first piece that I needed from him in Harv's Island, but Redd will always replace the bought item with a new one in the next day.

shop selection on Harv's Island rotates weekly in general. but since Redd only ever has one copy of everything, if you buy something, it needs to be replaced. I'm about to buy my third fake Rosetta Stone today.

Just built my school! Continuing taking it slow, working on my main island along with paradise.

What a tease that facilities get two photos when you don’t even decorate the land around them! I hope that unlocks for regular villager homes soon because I feel like my work on their lawns is a waste.

Just built my school! Continuing taking it slow, working on my main island along with paradise.

What a tease that facilities get two photos when you don’t even decorate the land around them! I hope that unlocks for regular villager homes soon because I feel like my work on their lawns is a waste.
I absolutely started putting less work on the lawns because of this. They really need photos for each area. Outdoors, first floor, second floor, etc.

Anybody have a spare Mush Lamp DIY? Its the only Mush one I want and the only one I'm missing lol.

I've got a bunch of random ones in storage I can offer for trade, or just straight up bells.

Alright three things I'm missing from New Leaf after having puttered around with 2.0 for a bit now:

1. Being able to make miniatures of the fossils by bring a full set to Cyrus
2. Being able to make a custom wing in the museum (and the Roost entrance mucking up the symmetry of the lobby is killing me)
3. No Robo series furniture 😭

Boy those cedar trees are stingy with pine cones.

How's a guy supposed to flood the island with tree's bounty big trees?

I'm finally home on Thanksgiving break from uni, and I dug up my Rover amiibo and made him a house. It was delightful, I highly recommend it

So how long should I keep wishing during meteor showers? I imagine there’s a point where it stops mattering cuz you’ve reached some limit.

So how long should I keep wishing during meteor showers? I imagine there’s a point where it stops mattering cuz you’ve reached some limit.
The limit is quite low. 20 wishes and you're good, though that limit can be broken through if you invite friends. Their wishes will spawn more star fragments for you.

The limit is quite low. 20 wishes and you're good, though that limit can be broken through if you invite friends. Their wishes will spawn more star fragments for you.
Sweet, thanks!

Boy those cedar trees are stingy with pine cones.

How's a guy supposed to flood the island with tree's bounty big trees?
yea it's kinda silly that Tortimer is flooding you with acorns every day which you don't really need but pine cones, you still have to shake like there's no tomorrow....

Last edited:
Happy pre-Turkey Day fellow stonks enthusiasts. The little gremlins are accepting turnips for 520 a piece today. Gates are going to be open for a bit. Dodo code is LKH5N.

Edit: closed for now to play Dread

Last edited:
What's up gamers? I've come to make an announcement. I, Raccoon, will buy your squeakoids for 198,000 Bells each. This is not a joke. I love them and I want them to be my little friends. I will pay this sum for any squeakoids anyone on this website procures. Simply @ or DM me if you wish to make a transaction.

The price is negotiable.
I am very wealthy.

So I did thirty homes and all the facilities in HHP and
the concert is so cute omg. And so many dance reactions! 😭

Boy the Redd rng has been rough to me lately

Fakes all over, with an occasional dupe.

I even got frustrated and time travelled a bunch, only for Redd to laugh in my face with a forgery every time.

P.S. Can you also make a restaurant later if you choose to make a cafe and vice versa?

Is anyone able to keep an eye out for some astronomical turnip prices for me please? I have a full pocket I just need to make one trip for but I'm starting to get antsy haha

I've come to make an announcement.

I, Raccoon, am getting back into the stalk market. I want that 10,000,000 Bell Nook Miles reward. Let us all collude for the sake of shared prosperity.

I've went back to my first island (major mistake not using a 2and account on my 2nd Switch, but I did it) and have finally de-treed and beached my villagers to get on with the quick, easy and totally painless exercise of flattening the whole ground and filling remaining rivers. Nevertheless, I can barely contain my excitement to continue :D

How long has it been possible to hold bags bought from Kicks?

Leaf still isn't selling me wheat. Most of my cookbook is no-go until I make flourl

Back
Top Bottom