• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Animal Crossing: New Horizons 2.0 + Happy Home Paradise |ST|

Does Katrina do anything worthwhile? 1000 bells to find out Roscoe has a close bond with me. I'm not surprised, we're both cranky and stay up late.

Does Katrina do anything worthwhile? 1000 bells to find out Roscoe has a close bond with me. I'm not surprised, we're both cranky and stay up late.
I have this question to.

Does the luck (increased weapon durability, increased money etc) happen independently of Katrina or does it only happen, once you have spoken to Katrina to trigger it?

I have this question to.

Does the luck (increased weapon durability, increased money etc) happen independently of Katrina or does it only happen, once you have spoken to Katrina to trigger it?
Pretty sure you need to talk to her for the luck effects to happen. The belongings one, at the very least, is very useful for clearing out flowers.

Tortimer is also good for flavor. He's fun, seems like he'll change with the seasons. Acts like a fun old retired guy. Honestly, he's worth it just for attitude.

With the new furniture I’ve been getting lately I’ve been slowly redecorating my house and island. My bedroom in the northern room has always been stuffed full and now that cooking is a thing, I’m interested in sticking a stove in there.

Is there any wall mounted mirror in the game you can change your appearance with? If I had that I could take out my desk with a mirror on top easily. Otherwise I’d have to cut something which would be painful. I’m bummed my giant health hazard pizza oven constantly spewing smoke doesn’t let you cook food with it since interacting with it opens and closes the little door (which is a fun interaction, just not a useful one lol).

How does getting villager portraits work, you have to give them a gift and get it as the return gift?
What’s the easiest gift to give that meets the minimum value required? Can you give a stack of 3 fruit?
Or with cooking now is there now some easy recipes you can make in bulk to give out? Will they fill their houses with them though?

How does getting villager portraits work, you have to give them a gift and get it as the return gift?
What’s the easiest gift to give that meets the minimum value required? Can you give a stack of 3 fruit?
Or with cooking now is there now some easy recipes you can make in bulk to give out? Will they fill their houses with them though?

You can get them from fulfilling requests too. As an example, if they ask for a bug or fish, giving them a rarer one will give you a better chance of getting a portrait if your friendship is high enough. If you're worried about their houses filling up with random stuff you can always give them wall furniture (I'm not sure if they actually put stuff on their walls now after the update though) or a door plate.

You can get them from fulfilling requests too. As an example, if they ask for a bug or fish, giving them a rarer one will give you a better chance of getting a portrait if your friendship is high enough. If you're worried about their houses filling up with random stuff you can always give them wall furniture (I'm not sure if they actually put stuff on their walls now after the update though) or a door plate.
Requests are so few and far between that it doesn’t seem like a very reliable way.
I’m guessing fruit doesn’t meet the minimum then? Should I just bulk order something to give as a gift then?
Does wrapping it increase its value/give more friendship points?

Requests are so few and far between that it doesn’t seem like a very reliable way.
I’m guessing fruit doesn’t meet the minimum then? Should I just bulk order something to give as a gift then?
Does wrapping it increase its value/give more friendship points?

I remember reading awhile back that people had success with wrapping two or more non-native fruits and gifting those. When I got most of mine around launch, I'm pretty sure I gave them a single non-native fruit wrapped up, but they may have changed how it works (iirc, they used to give you bells for fruit sometimes, now they never do).

msOEgun.png

ifR0hGy.png

I love how completely unreliable this still is :D

(https://turnipprophet.io/ and https://nooknet.net/turnips)

edit: with PM price, I pray for myself and you guys that turnipprophet is correct and not nooknet, because the formers says 93% large spike and the latter is being weird and says 40 fluctuating, 30 high, 30 small spike lol.

Last edited:
I remember reading awhile back that people had success with wrapping two or more non-native fruits and gifting those. When I got most of mine around launch, I'm pretty sure I gave them a single non-native fruit wrapped up, but they may have changed how it works (iirc, they used to give you bells for fruit sometimes, now they never do).
I did it with two coconuts wrapped.

Do they leave them lying about their houses? I stopped gifting my villagers non-clothing items for fear of ruining their homes. Pudge has decorated his place with a flea in a cup that he asked me for, the weirdo.
No, which is the beauty of it. Originally I was gifting iron wall lamps for the same reason - villagers don't replace wall items.

Do they leave them lying about their houses? I stopped gifting my villagers non-clothing items for fear of ruining their homes. Pudge has decorated his place with a flea in a cup that he asked me for, the weirdo.

Good news is that when they invite you over, you can just buy up the stuff you don't want them to have.

I remember reading this huge breakdown about friendship points and how they work. The conclusion was the best gift you can give is 3 non-native fruits wrapped to build friendship

is anyone in the same boat with two Switches and one digital ACNH and knows if you can have an island on each device with the same account without issues?

I'd love to start over fresh on a clean island but I don't want to get rid of my main island with the everything and I'm not buying another copy or anything.

Rainy Islands are great for fishing. Due to their small size it's easy to get fish spawning so caught quite a few Coelacanth. The bonus Gyroid is nice too.

is anyone in the same boat with two Switches and one digital ACNH and knows if you can have an island on each device with the same account without issues?

I'd love to start over fresh on a clean island but I don't want to get rid of my main island with the everything and I'm not buying another copy or anything.

It‘s no problem. My wife has a few islands.

Yes, but it’s not possible to play them all online at the same time. Locally, maaaybe, I’m not a multi-switch owner myself, but transferring things between islands can be an issue.
ah that's fine, I just want another playground to terraform in a different way :D
thanks!

To any folks back in the turnip game, I would highly recommend using the Discord server, too (it's in the threadmarks)! One of our wonderful community members kindly posted his 612 price back on the ninth, and... well, we made a lot of Bells that day.

Just make sure the second device.
Is set as primary for the account that bought the digital game and anyone will be able to use it on the second machine.

Otherwise just don't try and use the same account on both switches at the same time and you'd be fine.

I'm actually interested

I swear I can math. Today is not that day though.

I’ll take a dodo code if you’re still willing to do this. My island’s current trend has me nervous.
super sorry, I got extremely distracted with work and only just realized ... we have 3 minutes left

D1031 is the code ...probably too late but

edit: yea I messed that up royally. fwiw, I'm trying to take a photo for a new id right now and it's a pain in the ass without good light or help lol

super sorry, I got extremely distracted with work and only just realized ... we have 3 minutes left

edit: yea I messed that up royally. fwiw, I'm trying to take a photo for a new id right now and it's a pain in the ass without good light or help lol
No worries, it happens!

Not a problem, it's just a game!

Not a problem, it's just a game!
It's fake video game money! That's almost the same as the fake money we use in real life! Only cuter!

I feel ashamed of my words and deeds :(
(I might still be in the 150-low-200s tomorrow in case of emergencies ...but there's still lots of the week left!)

Turnips were a lot easier when I could be online most of the day. Being back at work really narrows me options down. As a result I haven't really bothered getting back into it.

Turnips were a lot easier when I could be online most of the day. Being back at work really narrows me options down. As a result I haven't really bothered getting back into it.
I’m a little like this. I’ve figured though, even if I only do it once a month, that big profit will keep me going 😎

Isabelle gave some sort of instructional PSA about what to do with Gulliver this morning. Is that new?
I've had him twice since the update and didn't notice this before. But I also still mash through them so I might have missed it before.

also ...how god damn cold is this? she's doing a PSA meaning she KNOWS! the drunkard is lying face down on the beach and didn't give a f lol

Questions about Paradise Island since I have yet to start it while working on my island - how many ”residents” can it have, and are they basically permanent and visitable at any time? Like basically having “bonus Villagers” (with some differences/limitations) beyond my main 10?

Isabelle gave some sort of instructional PSA about what to do with Gulliver this morning. Is that new?
Yeah, Isabelle will talk about NPCs visiting the town with the update. She'll talk about counterfeit art if Redd's on your island, for example.

Questions about Paradise Island since I have yet to start it while working on my island - how many ”residents” can it have, and are they basically permanent and visitable at any time? Like basically having “bonus Villagers” (with some differences/limitations) beyond my main 10?
You can visit them whenever, yes, but they don’t really act like true villagers. There are places they’ll hang out on the main Paradise Planning island too but most of what they say is like “thanks for making me a holiday home do you wanna visit it.”

People may have discovered a limit at this point, but a while back the assumption was that you can eventually make homes for every villager (and amiibo NPCs). There’s a limited number of spaces on the map but they stack and just occupy the same space.

I thought today was going to be my last day playing daily and I was going to swap to just Saturdays until I had all of the new KK songs. If the Kapp’n island wasn’t good, that would be it I told myself. Wouldn’t you know it, I got my first shooting star paradise island. I’m still in daily! (For a little longer)

Yeah, Isabelle will talk about NPCs visiting the town with the update. She'll talk about counterfeit art if Redd's on your island, for example.
So far I’ve had Redd, Kicks, and Labelle show up with no word from Isabelle. This was the first time I’ve seen her actually do that.

I thought today was going to be my last day playing daily and I was going to swap to just Saturdays until I had all of the new KK songs. If the Kapp’n island wasn’t good, that would be it I told myself. Wouldn’t you know it, I got my first shooting star paradise island. I’m still in daily! (For a little longer)
The gameplay loop now, even with just the update is way too good. So many daily tasks to do, and it's all really interesting.

Combined with Happy Home Paradise, this game is an absolutely wrecking ball. I was so extremely disappointed in New Horizons after about 2 months. But now the game really has its claws into me(in a good way).

She also doesn't say anything about Celeste (even if you first log in at night time when she's actually there)
This is just weird then. I could understand Labelle because she’s centrally located, but the roaming NPCs or ones like Redd that are out of the way not getting a message is just odd to me. Instead so far it’s just Gulliver and I run into him consistently during my daily loop. So thanks, I guess, Isabelle?

Back
Top Bottom