• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Animal Crossing: New Horizons 2.0 + Happy Home Paradise |ST|

Having had a billion people come to my Island, I feel like a bit faster, yes. Could be placebo.

Like, before you had the entire disguised load bar with the airport arrival sign thingy and the plane moving around, and now that outright doesn't appear at all.

I've edited (and threadmarked) the first post to reflect what's new in 2.0, so that folks can get the rundown. Currently, it's mainly stuff that was already talked about in the Direct, but I really want all of the hidden and not talked about stuff in there too, so please let me know what I missed!

Great... So I took the boat island before talking to Blathers, and could not find neither gyroids nor Brewster so I basically wandered around, got a recipe I already had and took off, to make things better I had to move 5 houses to make space for the changes I'm gonna do with the new crops, but now not only it is way cheaper to do that, I can't buy any new crops today anyway, so I spent many things for no reason. Also not related, but my pro controller started drifting today, so I'll have to send it to repairs on monday. As you can see I've had a great day :).

60 more tip-top-tate-toes

EDIT: Code done for a bit, feel free to notify me if need of tatoes

Last edited:
Was the Harv's Island music always this good? Can't say I visited enough to ever listen to this track.

It's really nice if it's new and even if it's not lol
It’s a new music

The night version is also amazing

I love ACNH soundtracks one of the best imo

Discord Server
Guys, we do also have a Discord server, btw! It got started with the ResetEra community, but is open to the Famiboards community, too. I've been part of it for quite some time now, and highly recommend it. Everyone on it is wonderful.
Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

Harvs island on the other hand couldn’t be more perfect of a fit. I was a little confused by them repurposing this island, but the convo with him about it was excellent.

Woah, did we always have dialogue options during random chats with our villagers? I'm not talking about the whole "what's up, here's a gift, just saying hi" thing, I'm talking about actual options relating to the convo. I've never seen it before today, and it's happened twice.

Like asking you questions or wanting opinions on topics? Yep always there. They've added dialogue across various updates, mostly relating to Holiday additions, but being prompted for a choice has been a thing. Usually it takes multiple interactions in a day to see it. At least in my experience.

I think the whole point of them is to help you catch seasonal bugs/fish that you might have missed.

And get a daily gyroid.

Plus the chance of glowing moss and vines. I also got a DIY in a bottle for a glow moss rock at my Kapp'n Island today.

Honestly think they are a nice change of pace. Exceeded my expectations actually. It was so cool to travel from my stormy fall island to a beautiful lush sunset island. Visually impressive transition.

I've seen someone land on a money tree island, so I'm curious what other types there are. Limiting it to one a day sucks in way, but also will keep visiting them fresh.

I think the whole point of them is to help you catch seasonal bugs/fish that you might have missed.
Huh you can find stuff not currently appearing?
I’m only missing the Dec-Feb stuff anyway, probs easier to just wait than try a bunch of islands to see what’s spawning.

Ohhh, so this is why they added that Delivery and Liquidation option to Harvs Island back for the wedding event… always thought that was weird lol

Like asking you questions or wanting opinions on topics? Yep always there. They've added dialogue across various updates, mostly relating to Holiday additions, but being prompted for a choice has been a thing. Usually it takes multiple interactions in a day to see it. At least in my experience.

And get a daily gyroid.

Plus the chance of glowing moss and vines. I also got a DIY in a bottle for a glow moss rock at my Kapp'n Island today.

Honestly think they are a nice change of pace. Exceeded my expectations actually. It was so cool to travel from my stormy fall island to a beautiful lush sunset island. Visually impressive transition.

I've seen someone land on a money tree island, so I'm curious what other types there are. Limiting it to one a day sucks in way, but also will keep visiting them fresh.
Yeah I mean they’re effective and nice and all, but they just feels like a different version of the dodo flights, which I stopped doing ages ago. Would have been better just to give those back some life and give Kappn something unique imo.

Huh you can find stuff not currently appearing?
I’m only missing the Dec-Feb stuff anyway, probs easier to just wait than try a bunch of islands to see what’s spawning.
Yeah. We know you can visit islands in other seasons and different times of day.

Played for a bit tonight trying to reaquaint myself with things. Got all the apps upgraded, put in a redesign for the house, and put down the Night Owl ordinance to start (might swap out for the bell one eventually). Tomorrow the plan is to start looking for Brewster, pay a visit to Harv, and go about setting up an actual kitchen instead of just a room that has a bunch of random kitchen items in it.

Today's the day New Horizons finally became a New Leaf sequel 😄

Do we have a full list of the new KK songs yet? I want to know what to request come Saturday!

I’m definitely requesting Robot Synth for my first new KK song. Heard blips of each song and I want the Miku song asap lol.

Daily Redd and vines are the huge game changers for me so far. I’ll actually start having art in my museum (I got my first statue today!) and it’s so nice to have a ton of natural ladders on my island since I only had two inclines until now.

Having Happy home designer as part of the main game makes all the difference. It actually feels like you're accomplishing something now.

It's just a shame this will be the only dlc...

Yeah I mean they’re effective and nice and all, but they just feels like a different version of the dodo flights, which I stopped doing ages ago. Would have been better just to give those back some life and give Kappn something unique imo.

I don't think that would have worked with what the developers were doing with these new islands. The Dodo ones are normal islands for the most part. They might have some special properties, like money rock island or tarantula island, but that is still firmly planted in the normal island setting. They reflect the main island with weather, season, and time of day.

The Kapp'n islands are magical. The time of day, weather, and season, are very likely to differ from the main land. Not to mention there is special flora and a guaranteed gyroid.

For the sake of balance, they wanted to guarantee every player would visit these magical islands and get 1 gyroid a day. Might not happen if they just integrated them into the Dodo trips. Or people would see a lot of them and get a lot gyroids. And because of the guarantee, they also decided to keep it to one a day.

Regarding the new stores at Harvs island, if I make the store for say, Redd, there, do we yet know if that causes them to stop visiting your island in the normal rotation, or will they appear once every two weeksish there as normal in addition to the shop at Harvs?

Regarding the new stores at Harvs island, if I make the store for say, Redd, there, do we yet know if that causes them to stop visiting your island in the normal rotation, or will they appear once every two weeksish there as normal in addition to the shop at Harvs?

They'll continue to visit, the shop will be shut on the days they are on they are on your island instead.

This has totally reinvigorated the game after half a year away - I actually like everything being meted out slowly (daily gyroid, not having all the produce straight away, unlocking a new merchant a day), and I want to redesign a lot of my island now. My first Kapp'n trip was pretty pointless (the only unique thing I saw was holly bushes which I already have up) but it was great to have him back. I didn't realise, but according to the island tips thing you can use reactions during the boat ride.

So I have Leif in my island today selling sugarcane, if anyone wants to make cachaça let me know (I don't think there's actually a recipe for that in the game), I can open my island tonight when I get back home.

Has anyone tried DLC with local co-op?

Like, if I own the DLC through NSO can other accounts (not affiliated to NSO) play the DLC? I assume DLC area would be shared just like the main island.

EDIT: Found the answer here:

For an individual member of Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack, only the account with the active membership can play it. An internet connection is required when launching the game.

Quite BS if you ask me. I imagine if you actually purchase the DLC then it works for everyone though.

Last edited:
Quite BS if you ask me. I imagine if you actually purchase the DLC then it works for everyone though.
Other DLC I own on my main profile works on other profiles on my system, so it probably works if you actually buy it rather than use the NSO version.

This has totally reinvigorated the game after half a year away - I actually like everything being meted out slowly (daily gyroid, not having all the produce straight away, unlocking a new merchant a day), and I want to redesign a lot of my island now. My first Kapp'n trip was pretty pointless (the only unique thing I saw was holly bushes which I already have up) but it was great to have him back. I didn't realise, but according to the island tips thing you can use reactions during the boat ride.
I was clapping along to the beat. I've only found clap, shock and laugh so far.

Everyone still seems to be very positive, which is good. I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop with people, like complaints that Brewster no longer has his lovable meth habit or something.

Managed to accomodate the merry go round, ferris wheel and duck game stand in the planned spot. That took a lot of thinking to make them fit lol

I got the ugly versions of some of the new items lmfao. I'm gonna have to find people who want the complete sets. I fear nookazon will suck me back in.

I was clapping along to the beat. I've only found clap, shock and laugh so far.

Everyone still seems to be very positive, which is good. I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop with people, like complaints that Brewster no longer has his lovable meth habit or something.
i was about to rage that brewster didn't give me a choice not to drink the coffee hot

i'm still in the middle of my fifteen page thesis about how this means new horizons is an unfinished title

Huh went to Redd's on Harv's Island and he had the exact same stock he had yesterday. I hope that is just bad luck and not a thing where he'll only get new stuff if you buy something.

EDIT: apparently the vendors' stock changes WEEKLY, not daily. That kinda sucks.

Last edited:
Are gold nuggets more common on the island Kapp'n takes you too? I remember barely being able to get any gold nuggets and I just got 3 on 1 island.
Huh went to Redd's on Harv's Island and he had the exact same stock he had yesterday. I hope that is just bad luck and not a thing where he'll only get new stuff if you buy something.

EDIT: apparently the vendors' stock changes WEEKLY, not daily. That kinda sucks.
For some reason that doesn't surprise me haha.

Back
Top Bottom