• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Animal Crossing: New Horizons 2.0 + Happy Home Paradise |ST|

Leif is your guy for cooking stuff. It's actually a good idea to prioritise his shop on Harv's Island, given you can only build one per day.

Did my new daily routine. Like how catching things gives you new recipes.
Are the meals you make with recipes used for anything beyond giving them to villagers and decoration?

Did my new daily routine. Like how catching things gives you new recipes.
Are the meals you make with recipes used for anything beyond giving them to villagers and decoration?

They give you different amounts of energy points. So if you want to cut down a forest, eat a filling meal.

So what’s the difference between taking the boat tour vs the airlines tour? I did one this morning to find Brewster but it just seems like an island like before to gather resources?

So what’s the difference between taking the boat tour vs the airlines tour? I did one this morning to find Brewster but it just seems like an island like before to gather resources?

You can get a lot of new things the older islands don't have, such as vines and ingredients. Also.. going to spoiler this for now actually.
Hitting rocks can give the various different types of star fragments.

You can get a lot of new things the older islands don't have, such as vines and ingredients. Also.. going to spoiler this for now actually.
Excellent. Thank you! That spoiler will be a great help.

Wow, they really did add a lot to this update. It’s going to be fun to rebuild some of rooms with the new stuff.

I was just checking the Switch Online App to see what they added. Nook Points still seem worthless as they only added in a few new items to buy. But the newspaper function seems interesting as it keeps track of turnip prices.

Damn, it doesn't appear like Kapp'n, Ordinances, or Brewster appear until AFTER you've done the first KK Slider concert. Was really looking forward to Kapp'n today but Isabelle wanted more flowers -_-

The new first-person camera is legit a game changer though. This is incredible.

That is a lot of items added holy crap. It really does beg me to redo my house onto of my island. Oh boy.

Went around and got all the new diys & updated apps! There's so much and I could only put in like an hr yesterday, so excited for more storage and finally uncluttered my living room and island from dumb diy cards

My gf is gonna donate me bells today so i can unlock all those harvey island shops over the week 👀

Glad i unlocked kk slider a few days ago infront of the update seems that triggers alot of the new unlocks and content.

Man i finally love this game now i only put 20 hours in over a year lol i was that dissapointed in the lack of content. Now it's finally above new leaf for me.

There is nowhere near enough space for all these gorgeous items oh god
Yeahhhh there is quite a bit. I'm going through the items now and it's a little overwhelming haha. There are so much variety now I feel.

Oh my god that's so many new items. I'm so happy to have new clothes available, I had seen everything already.

I started the game finally after a while and im literally out of NM tickets and bills loI. guess i have a work to do

Does anybody know the exact changes each Ordinance makes? I want to know if there are any differences from New Leaf before I pick one.

Does anybody know the exact changes each Ordinance makes? I want to know if there are any differences from New Leaf before I pick one.
So to the best of my knowledge the beautiful island ordinance just keeps the island from deteriorating ala weeds as quickly as it does. Villagers help out cleaning the island. The early bird and night owl ordinance change when the shops open and close and when your villagers wake up and sleep. I think it's a 1 or 2 hour difference either way. So 1-2 hours earlier for early bird and 1-2 hours later for night owl. The Bell Boom is like inflation lol. Cost of goods go up but you sell things at a higher price.

Is out already?

Damn, I thought that only tomorrow (tomorrow must be the paid DLC).

I hope that now that more people are playing again, I can trade some of art.
the DLC could come out tonight. It's unlikely but one can hope with the history of Animal Crossing updates.

The update is so gooooooood

For anyone who wants, I've got potatoes at Leif on Harv's island (so I need to go restock real quick) and these neat paper chef hats that're new in Able Sister's store! If anyone would like to stop by, I'll have a new dodo code up shortly!

The update is so gooooooood

For anyone who wants, I've got potatoes at Leif on Harv's island (so I need to go restock real quick) and these neat paper chef hats that're new in Able Sister's store! If anyone would like to stop by, I'll have a new dodo code up shortly!

New Dodo Code is up, I've got about 45 tatoes for people to nab as they please! Should be up for a while!

Last edited:
the DLC could come out tonight. It's unlikely but one can hope with the history of Animal Crossing updates.

The DLC goes live at midnight your local time. Australian and Japanese players got it a little while ago. There's no update needed or anything, it's already installed and active, just needs that local midnight time trigger.

Being able to push furniture closer together and still squeeze between things is such a game changer. My coffee table can finally live where it was supposed to live.

It's too overwhelming. I'm going to take it slow. Did some stretching. Made an ordnance. Bought the cooking recipes.

But haven't visited Harv's island or talked to Kapp'n. I'm always nervous talking to new people.

Just caught up on a stream of the DLC and can't wait for this weekend.

I had a lot of plans for my main island, but I think I'm going to just dip into the DLC a bit every week to flex my decoration muscle and build up resources, then take my lessons back to the main island sometime when there's a lull in releases. I was thinking I'd get my shit together before this DLC dropped, but that really never made sense anyhow with there being over 9000 new items lol

so many new items 🥺

anyway, since the 10/15 direct hit right before I was doing a massive redevelopment project, I decided to wait for furniture items I need. If any of y'all have these new items available for me to catalog, that'd be great:
  • A table and two side-by-side beach beds, that have an a beach umbrella
  • Construction equipment, vehicles, and the new minecart.
  • A "cave" entrance.
  • Castle "walls" and "towers."
All of these would help with very important pieces I'm working on for my town. 🙏

so many new items 🥺

anyway, since the 10/15 direct hit right before I was doing a massive redevelopment project, I decided to wait for furniture items I need. If any of y'all have these new items available for me to catalog, that'd be great:
  • A table and two side-by-side beach beds, that have an a beach umbrella
  • Construction equipment, vehicles, and the new minecart.
  • A "cave" entrance.
  • Castle "walls" and "towers."
All of these would help with very important pieces I'm working on for my town. 🙏
Yeah, less than a day and I've already seen so many new items. Had Wisp on my island last nite and he gave me brand new furniture! I had forgotten how good it felt to get new items (he had been giving me color alts for furniture I already owned).

Now I've reached the existential dread of seriously considering renovating my island from top to bottom. I've designed my island with simple traversing and being able to do all the "dailies" in an orderly, quick manner. I want to keep that in mind, but I also think some of my areas deserve a fresh coat of paint, and that's just the island and not my actual house. Still debating, especially when the update just came out and I barely have access to everything new, but it'll probably weigh on me for a while...

Darn, wish I had seen that earlier, but thank you for that spoiler tip! That's extremely useful if I can end up remembering.

Was the Harv's Island music always this good? Can't say I visited enough to ever listen to this track.

It's really nice if it's new and even if it's not lol

Updated over my lunch break and almost had a stroke when I saw the asking price for the new storage upgrade. 700k!

I guess it’s stonks time again 😞

New code, new topatoes

Resupplying potatus, in the interim, I present:

image.png

I was just snapping photos of every visitor like this, and I genuinely prntscreened just as that message was sent. 10/10

Last edited:
New code, new topatoes

image.png

I was just snapping photos of every visitor like this, and I genuinely prntscreened just as that message was sent. 10/10

EDIT:
image.png
Thank you for the potatus! 💛

New code, new topatoes

image.png

EDIT:
image.png
....that might have been me lol

Woah, did we always have dialogue options during random chats with our villagers? I'm not talking about the whole "what's up, here's a gift, just saying hi" thing, I'm talking about actual options relating to the convo. I've never seen it before today, and it's happened twice.

Back
Top Bottom