• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Animal Crossing: New Horizons 2.0 + Happy Home Paradise |ST|

Aurc

Trust The Process
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
51652009827_6f9bb71352_o.png

Make their dream vacations come true.

Clients with different dream vacation requests will visit a new resort area located in an archipelago, made up of several different islands. You can talk to a client and find out the details of their requests for a vacation home, and then make their dreams happen!

Happy Home Paradise DLC includes:
  • Choose the character you’d like to design a vacation home for and personalize home exteriors and interiors, the yard, and even customize the weather to either be sunny or rainy.
  • Use an expansive built-in inventory to furnish vacation homes, without being limited to your own inventory, recipes, or resources.
  • Share in-game photos with your island residents or upload them to the Showroom via the Happy Home Network app to tour other players’ resort island vacation homes or show your design to others.
  • Invite your favorite characters to the islands by using compatible amiibo figures and cards (sold separately).

New in 2.0
51655819140_9d9645311f_o.png
Returning Characters
  • Kapp'n, docked at the island's pier, will take the player on a mystery island tour, once per day, for 1,000 Nook Miles. Kapp'n's islands may feature gyroids, star fragments, new materials, and different seasons or times of day.
  • Brewster's cafe returns, located in the northwestern portion of the museum. In order to unlock this renovation, the player must first speak with Blathers, who will then task them with finding Brewster on one of Kapp'n's mystery island tours.
  • Using amiibo, the player can invite classic Animal Crossing NPCs (such as Porter, Dr. Shrunk, and Blanca) to The Roost, for a cup of coffee.
  • Harriet has arrived at Harv's Island to aid him in pursuing a new venture: a cooperative, with the player tasked with funding the arrival of characters such as Tortimer, Katrina, Reese, Cyrus, Redd, and more. Each new character's presence costs a total of 100,000 Bells to fund, with a limit of one funding goal reachable per day.
New Gameplay Additions
  • Isabelle's daily announcements will now inform the player of who the daily visitor is.
  • The player can now enact ordinances on their island, such as Night Owl, wherein villagers go to bed later, and shops stay open later.
  • A tape deck has been placed outside Resident Services, enabling stretching sessions for island residents to partake in.
  • The player's home exterior can now be further customized, with plenty of new options.
  • Hanging ceiling items, in addition to accent walls (a single wall differentiated from the rest) are now available as customization options for the player's home interior.
  • The total number of storage slots in the player's home has received a boost, from the previous maximum of 2,400, up to a whopping 5,000. This maximum can be reached in three increments:

2,400 > 3,200 (700,000 Bells)
    3,200 > 4,000 (900,000 Bells)
    4,000 > 5,000 (TBD)

• Gyroids return, being first obtained as fragments. Planting one in the ground and watering it produces a gyroid overnight.
  • The maximum number of potential bridges and inclines on an island has been raised, from 8 to 10 (of each).
  • New varieties of fencing have been added, with the player now able to customize the color of fencing.
  • The player can now access their bank accounts and home storage from outside, via the use of an ABD and storage shed.
  • Villagers will visit the player's homes, in addition to inviting them over to their homes. When visiting a villager's home, the player may be given the option to buy their furniture.
  • The camera app can now be upgraded with first-person and tripod options.
  • Patterns that were previously used for customizing items can now be worn, displayed, or used as flooring and wallpaper.
  • 11 new hairstyles.
  • 11 new reactions.
  • 12 new K.K. Slider songs.
  • The cost of moving buildings has been reduced (from 50,000 Bells, to 10,000 Bells).
  • The Island Life 101 app will provide the player with helpful tips, including during load screens.
  • Cooking has now arrived, with five new crops (carrots, tomatoes, potatoes, wheat, sugar cane) being used across various DIY recipes. In order to cook, the player will require a kitchen item.
  • DIY recipes can now be stored.
  • Thousands of new items have been added to the game.
  • Ladder setup kits can now be crafted, enabling the placement of permanent ladders around the island.
  • The player can now navigate through narrow spaces.

Last edited:
Spun the game up to see what hoops I would have to go through to get the cafe unlocked; spoiler tagged for what it's worth, I don't think it's worth doing so...

Go to museum: Blathers asks me to find our coffee-loving friend through a Kapp'n Boat Tour as he's a avid collector of gyroids
uh found Brewster immediately after getting off the boat. Says he gets the message. And that's really it.
Cafe will open day after tomorrow, Museum closed entire day tommorow

Was expecting more. Hmm.

Last edited:
ITS GREAT SO FARRRR
light shenanagins spoilers
image.png

image.png

spoiler I lost

image.png

Last edited:
I spent 30k Nook Miles on some new stuff (the apps, pro decorating license, reactions, hairstyles, etc) and ordered the storage expansion. Wow this seems like so much new stuff

Whaaaaat i hope my switch is smart enough to download it! I bought the dlc earlier this week already

That was an unexpected launch. Fairly useful, though, since it let me get some things started so they'll be ready tomorrow.

Gonna check back in with my chill animal buddies this weekend. I hope they won’t be mad at me for only playing once since last July 😅

Well, now I'm super glad I decided to start playing a new island on the 1st instead of waiting for the update to drop. Patty is my third islander.

Uh, so my game just soft locked lmao. Sterling came to visit, and when I went to talk to him I accidentally interacted with a stocking I hadn't touched since last year. It had a present in it and that seems to have broken the conversation I tried to start. Sterling and I are just having a staring contest, I can't do anything.

Oh hey, what a nice surprise!

...I've spent the last few minutes just spending Nook Miles. And I haven't even touched the new items yet...maybe I'll go back to having a theme park themed island?

Ya'll make sure you go buy the recipes from Timmy and Tommy as well now. They have Whole Wheat Flour, Brown Sugar, and Sea Weed compatible recipes in their set. They also have the Stand alone ladder recipe at their shop.

Ya'll make sure you go buy the recipes from Timmy and Tommy as well now. They have Whole Wheat Flour, Brown Sugar, and Sea Weed compatible recipes in their set. They also have the Stand alone ladder recipe at their shop.
THANK U

So, heads up, if you completely fund one of the co-ops on Harv's island, you are unable to donate to any of the others for the rest of the day. Guess they didn't want people unlocking everything in one go.

Quality of Life changes I've noticed/seen online so far
  • DIY recipes can be put in storage
  • All Amiibo characters can be called to Harvs or the Roost now. For example, Dr Shrunk is in the game
  • Nook Miles Shopping has new tabs
  • Price to move villagers is lower
  • Isabelle will now announce which vendors/special characters are on your island
  • Villagers will give tarantula warnings

Last edited:
All set up with Brewster, Redd, and The Night Owl ordinance. Don’t think this update is going to super pull me back in, but there’s a lot of cool stuff I’m happy was added and I’m going to enjoy playing daily again for a while. Very good to see Kapp’n again :)

• All Amiibo characters can be called to Harvs or the Roost now. For example, Dr Shrunk is in the game
  • Isabelle will now announce which vendors/special characters are on your island
PRAISE BE, WENDELL RETURNS

Apparently Resetti can show up randomly at the cafe

Might come a few min late to work cuz of the update dropping early haha its raining anyway so a good excuse since im commuting by bicycle.

Just unlocked brewster and did a kappn trip and unlocked the most important things with the nookmiles. Kappn singing cured my morning depression for reals.

Now preppin and headin to work.

I guess the dlc is not unlocked yet tho? Had no time to check but i guess not? Nice of them to droo the update early tho so that everyone can enjoy it and dlc ppl can download v2.0 early.

I expect I'll jump right back into this. I'm contemplating revamping my island but I don't know. So much work went into my last revamp that I'd need some inspiration to scrap some of it.

I'm also excited for the dlc.

Changed to the Night Owl Ordinance, upgraded my storage, and bought every new app and recipe with Nook Miles and at the shop! Also started to buy some of the new Nook Mile furniture. Now to go to Kap'n's boat ride, visit Harv, and meet Brewster before bed. Did anyone find any gyroid parts underground or any vegetable seeds sold in the shop yet? Or will I have to wait until tomorrow?

Night Owl Ordinance as well and upgraded my storage. Need more Nook Miles though; been a while since I've played lol.

Looking forward to playing more; really do miss my villagers. My island is kind of a mess right now though; I have too many flowers and I wanna make room for other things. Lots of renovating to do....

Night Owl Ordinance as well and upgraded my storage. Need more Nook Miles though; been a while since I've played lol.

Looking forward to playing more; really do miss my villagers. My island is kind of a mess right now though; I have too many flowers and I wanna make room for other things. Lots of renovating to do....
I feel you on the flower thing. I wish I could pick them like weeds

I’m so glad they added a gaming chair to go alongside the gaming setup we saw in the Direct.

FtrGamingDesk_Remake_0_1Cropped.png
FtrGamingChair_Remake_0_0Cropped.png

Hilariously perfect.

I’m so glad they added a gaming chair to go alongside the gaming setup we saw in the Direct.

FtrGamingDesk_Remake_0_1Cropped.png
FtrGamingChair_Remake_0_0Cropped.png

Hilariously perfect.
one thing that I, miserly raccoon, actually really like in new horizons is the ridiculous furniture fidelity. somehow the disconnect between the cartoony characters and the furniture hits a nice chord

The last one was always in the game or do they do it more often now?

My god I wasn't ready for this earlier update. Just put the game to update and was already falling asleep, gonna try it out as soon as possible later today, I'm so hyped for all of this :geek:

one thing that I, miserly raccoon, actually really like in new horizons is the ridiculous furniture fidelity. somehow the disconnect between the cartoony characters and the furniture hits a nice chord
There was a talk at CEDEC 2020 about the design philosophies of Animal Crossing New Horizons given by some of the game's developers, and one part of it focused on how important it was for them to find the perfect balance between a perfectly detailed object and one that is detailed enough to make it look like the real deal but let the player's mind complete all the things are missing.

Famitsu has a great summary about it:

https://www.famitsu.com/news/202009/05205296.html

Also, they showed this example with the tabletop fan. In the last pic you can find the reference to the user's mind completing the "missing parts" of the object.

y_5f52dc7946584.jpg
y_5f52dc78d702c.jpg
y_5f52dc77a16bf.jpg

There was a talk at CEDEC 2020 about the design philosophies of Animal Crossing New Horizons given by some of the game's developers, and one part of it focused on how important it was for them to find the perfect balance between a perfectly detailed object and one that is detailed enough to make it look like the real deal but let the player's mind complete all the things are missing.

Famitsu has a great summary about it:

https://www.famitsu.com/news/202009/05205296.html

Also, they showed this example with the tabletop fan. In the last pic you can find the reference to the user's mind completing the "missing parts" of the object.

y_5f52dc7946584.jpg
y_5f52dc78d702c.jpg
y_5f52dc77a16bf.jpg
this is incredibly cool, thank you

I model a bit and this will potentially be very valuable to me

Wow, those graphics are amazing. There's so much care put into this game.

For me, with BOTW and Mario Odyssey, it's the quintessential Nintendo Seal of Quality game of this generation.

Oooh they added tips to the loading screen lol. Nice, especially considering how long some can be.

Have you guyss checked the whole datamined object list?
Sooo sweet! Looks like my island will end up having a karaoke and maybe @Derachi can end up with a Subway too!!

Back
Top Bottom