• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Pre-Release Animal Crossing: New Horizons 2.0 Free Update + Happy Home Paradise (€/$ 24.99) announced | Coming Nov. 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

See the top comments.

Samushunter at best, repackages existing announcements and/or datamines they read about on either Reddit or Resetera and pretends they're leaking information.

They're not.

Honestly as an aside thank you for this, be good to share to ensure SH isn't prolific here

I forgot to transfer my island / save from my OG Switch to my Switch OLED and sold the OG after wiping internal memory.

That will teach me :(

Oh well, I never really liked my original island, some water streams annoyed me even with the terraforming skill, I couldn't remove what I wanted to make what I wished.

I hope Nintendo will add a few little tweaks & QoL !

Honestly, since they were all but banned from the Nintendo Discussion thread on Era... should we have a site-wide ban for them here?
I'd be inclined to agree, but I'm not sure if it's possible from an admin level to prevent links to specific twitter users from appearing without outright blocking Twitter in the media attachment button.

You know what, speaking of flowers, let Leif start selling hybrid flower seeds. Screw this breeding nonsense. Takes far too long.
Pah! I spent months painstakingly breeding a blue rose. Now Leif is just going to sell it?

I have spares of most hybrids so if you want one, PM me.

animal-crossing-new-horizons-brewster-pre-direct-preview-spain-cropped.png

It's him.

Probably asking for too much here, but I hope they let us design/remodel homes/rooms for the other villagers.

It's nice getting new furniture sets and items but I have no where else to put anything in my house or frankly outside anymore and I enjoy the decorating and "scene making" you can do in this game.

Today my first apples ripened (thanks again, Green Meeple)

Tomorrow the AC OST arrives.

Friday, the direct.

Animal Crossing is on fire for me right now.

Also, I caught T-Bone doing a duet with Daisy in the plaza. Never seen him sing before.

Anybody got any predictions for tomorrow? I'm surprised this thread isn't more active.

I'm thinking Brewster (duh), Gyroids, villager home design jobs, KK Slider concerts in the Roost (with various characters from across the series coming to watch), and updated villager interactions. Plus new items and emotions. Maybe a Nooks Cranny upgrade as well, but I could easily see that not happening.

Anybody got any predictions for tomorrow? I'm surprised this thread isn't more active.

I'm thinking Brewster (duh), Gyroids, villager home design jobs, KK Slider concerts in the Roost (with various characters from across the series coming to watch), and updated villager interactions. Plus new items and emotions. Maybe a Nooks Cranny upgrade as well, but I could easily see that not happening.

It all depends on if it’s just another free update (but a bigger one this time) or if it’s an actual paid expansion. For a free update I’d expect pretty much what you‘re suggesting. Maybe some QoL updates like not having to click through so many menu’s at the airport when you want to visit a friend. If it’s a paid expansion I’d love to see a big batch of new villagers including at least one new species, I’d love a second island in a different biome. Something like a more tropical island seems realistic looking at the fruits that have been datamined but aren’t in the game yet (like bananas and mango’s), but personally I prefer the old, little darker forest-y feel of the other games. I say a second island because for a lot of people it’d hurt to destroy their first island, but I (and with me many others) would love to start over with a blank slate without losing the old one. It being islands would also make it easy to travel between the two. It’s a far-fetched dream, I know, but I’d love to see it.

The whole island thing kinda lost its meaning anyway when (outside of Harvey’s island and the boring random generated ones) you can’t really visit other islands. Heck, even when you visit friends you go there by plane, not by boat. Before the game came out I expected there to be a separate hub-type island with stores, kinda like City Folk, so that’s something I’d like to see, along with the classic minigame island of course, which added a lot to the multiplayer portion of the game back in the New Leaf days.

If they really want lapsed players to come back they need to add more than a bunch of new items and villagers. That won’t change the gameplay, so even with some new faces it’d feel old real fast. They’d have to introduce (a lot of) new gameplay mechanics and streamline the tedious stuff like the airport thing I mentioned before if they want the game to feel fresh again.

Another interesting thing that was datamined a long time ago (outside of the café and Gyroids) is farming, with a lot of vegetables attached to it. So maybe we’ll see that here. It won’t be adding much in terms of gameplay, just more busywork to make money off, but it’d be a nice addition nonetheless.

i'll repost what i said in the general thread as far as my hopes / expectations:

would just like some more goals and fun things to do. roost helps and ill honestly check that out no matter what, but some interesting new systems (like persistent cooking rumor), some fun mini games, island to visit, villager personality enhancements...

i think the difference is, if its just the roost, ill most likely just dip in and mess with it, if its a more substantial update, ill be all in and probably reboot my island and have a fresh run at it for another 100+ hours.

These fanmade update videos (6 and 12 minutes respectively) show a lot of great QoL improvements that would really benefit the flow of the game. I’d love to see some of these appear in the next update.

The whole island thing kinda lost its meaning anyway when (outside of Harvey’s island and the boring random generated ones) you can’t really visit other islands. Heck, even when you visit friends you go there by plane, not by boat. Before the game came out I expected there to be a separate hub-type island with stores, kinda like City Folk, so that’s something I’d like to see, along with the classic minigame island of course, which added a lot to the multiplayer portion of the game back in the New Leaf days.
This is such a good point. I was totally expecting the island aspect to play a bigger role than it did.

Like where the heck is Tortimer and his mini-games?

Probably asking for too much here, but I hope they let us design/remodel homes/rooms for the other villagers.

It's nice getting new furniture sets and items but I have no where else to put anything in my house or frankly outside anymore and I enjoy the decorating and "scene making" you can do in this game.
This, please! Also, let us change their clothes the way we like to, maybe even create some outfits presets based on themes like Winter 1, 2, etc; Fall; Rain; Christmas; etc. And I don’t mean change their clothes by gifting, but by a menu where we can actually control things!

Completely off the wall, batshit insane prediction: the main board game from Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival gets entirely reworked and put into the game as a separate island.

This, please! Also, let us change their clothes the way we like to, maybe even create some outfits presets based on themes like Winter 1, 2, etc; Fall; Rain; Christmas; etc. And I don’t mean change their clothes by gifting, but by a menu where we can actually control things!
Ugh, that would be everything. Nothing like Meringue immediately changing back into something ugly after I just gave her an amazing top to wear. :ROFLMAO:

I don't think this is going to be just a small update to include Brewster considering they've let us known two weeks in advance and it's going to last 20 minutes. If it was only Brewster and that's it, they would have included it in the general Direct.

There was a very cool thing datamined a while ago, a 100% map expansion to the south (as in doubling the size vertically). It would be cool to have a second island, or another island a la New Leaf, this time without loading times. I hope this is really a thing.

It's very exciting because we all love the game and know there's potential to make it even cooler. I love it very much already, and I would say it's my favourite Switch game with BOTW, but there's tons of untapped potential. And then there's all the content that they could bring back which would be amazing to have. I miss the rococo set I had in my house in New Leaf, and the beautiful japanese objects that are still missing today.

PS: by the way, Im sorry to have brought SH here. I didn't mean to poison the thread!

There was a very cool thing datamined a while ago, a 100% map expansion to the south. It would be cool to have a second island, or another island a la New Leaf, this time without loading times. I hope this is really a thing.

Oh wow, I really hope this materializes tomorrow.

I don't think this is going to be just a small update to include Brewster considering they've let us known two weeks in advance and it's going to last 20 minutes. If it was only Brewster and that's it, they would have included it in the general Direct.

There was a very cool thing datamined a while ago, a 100% map expansion to the south. It would be cool to have a second island, or another island a la New Leaf, this time without loading times. I hope this is really a thing.

It's very exciting because we all love the game and know there's potential to make it even cooler. I love it very much already, and I would say it's my favourite Switch game with BOTW, but there's tons of untapped potential. And then there's all the content that they could bring back which would be amazing to have. I miss the rococo set I had in my house in New Leaf, and the beautiful japanese objects that are still missing today.
My only issue with the whole island expansion idea is with the inevitable lag once the game reaches a certain point. The game already lags if you place a ton of items on the island. Doubling that would be a total nightmare.

Completely off the wall, batshit insane prediction: the main board game from Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival gets entirely reworked and put into the game as a separate island.

This close to a new Mario Party? I wouldn’t be against it, but yeah, it’s definitely an insane prediction, lol.

In my experience, my island only lags in the areas filled with lots of objects. Once I move to less crowded areas, framerate goes back to normal.

Got my OLED ready and waiting to make a new island. I basically went crazy with my first one and only half completed an idea so it ended up looking and feeling like a giant fucking mess.

Last time we got Happy Home Designer and then that Wii U board game that no one played. I hope the in-between game this time around is a JRPG. Pocket Camp is making me want one SO bad.

This direct snuck up on me. Hope we get a lot of fun stuff from this update. Maybe it will make me play New Horizons again...

Last time we got Happy Home Designer and then that Wii U board game that no one played. I hope the in-between game this time around is a JRPG. Pocket Camp is making me want one SO bad.

They’re branding this one as an Animal Crossing: New Horizons Direct. Not a general Animal Crossing one. That makes me think we won’t see any other games in the franchise here. But who knows?

Heck I'd like that just to make Cobb's place less messy. I really enjoy him, but I kept giving him stuff to make it better and everytime I visit him it is worse.

Today my first apples ripened (thanks again, Green Meeple)
No problem, glad to help :)

Heck I'd like that just to make Cobb's place less messy. I really enjoy him, but I kept giving him stuff to make it better and everytime I visit him it is worse.
They will straight up put a stove in facing the wall!

I, uh, think he died.
:cry: Well RIP in peace I guess.

But surely some of his seventy-hundred children and grandchildren can pick up the slack...

I, somehow, have managed to log on every single day and play Animal Crossing since release last year. It's part of my daily routine and definitely helped me survive the pandemic. I keep logging on because I feel too attached, but my I've been officially done with my island setup for a while. I don't know what tomorrow's direct will bring but I do hope it's something worthwhile to rekindle my interest.

Desert Island Escape is welcome. I was surprised to discover amiibo Festival had something good in it. Played the port to ACNL.

I'm pretty excited to see what they have in store for tomorrow.

Things I would to love to see, but I know won't happen:
  • Happy Home Showcase Island
    • Bring back Digby and have him host the showcase again
    • Upload your home/rooms to the showcase and maybe have the island host 10 random homes each week
    • Allow furniture to be ordered from it
    • Run similar room design contests from Happy Home Designer/ have people vote on rooms they love
  • City Space
    • Bring over the Happy Home Designer city aspects - the player can design the buildings (hospital, school, etc)
    • Include Nook Homes and let the players work there and re-design villagers' homes

I can’t wait to watch this tomorrow! I’m also hoping for some QoL updates and more things to do. I would love if they added mini games to play with other players through multiplayer. It would also be fun to take a boat (Kapp’n!) to another place to visit and customize.

I can’t wait to watch this tomorrow! I’m also hoping for some QoL updates and more things to do. I would love if they added mini games to play with other players through multiplayer. It would also be fun to take a boat (Kapp’n!) to another place to visit and customize.

I really miss Kapp'n. His songs were always so funny.

My dream extremely unrealistic update would be if the game allowed you to make a 2nd island. I don’t want to delete my current island but really want to redecorate and do a completely different terraforming layout.

The New Leaf update was pretty good, so I'm hoping for something like that here.

These fanmade update videos (6 and 12 minutes respectively) show a lot of great QoL improvements that would really benefit the flow of the game. I’d love to see some of these appear in the next update.

Urgh watching these always depresses me because you know Nintendo won't do it!

Excited! I think the most likely updates would be the stuff that was datamined previously which would be the cafe, more crops, villager visits. What I wish to see the most is probably Tortimer’s Island and upgrade to Nooks but perhaps that would be in another update.

You know what, speaking of flowers, let Leif start selling hybrid flower seeds. Screw this breeding nonsense. Takes far too long.
Half of my sister's town is covered in blue roses. Seriously, she actually has too many.

I could probably buy some off her and give them to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom