• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Pre-Release Animal Crossing: New Horizons 2.0 Free Update + Happy Home Paradise (€/$ 24.99) announced | Coming Nov. 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.
This update is amazing! Both the free content and the DLC. My main concern is: to access the DLC do I have to talk to Dodo airlines and watch the airplane animation every time I want to work? I hope not, doing that is such a drag.

Said this in the other thread but will do that here too:

Next expansion - Amiibo Festival but good, done right this time. Make a Mario Party-esque DLC with lots of minigames, maybe the ability of making entire new islands as boards, could be even shareable, all that stuff. The concept is fine, wasn't done well but it definitely has potential.

Looks like 16 new villagers so far, double the amount Horizons initially added lol.

They revealed 33/48 cards in Series 5 so there could be some more in there, or some older folks returning.
Looks like all the gaps in numbering are among the special characters, so probably no more new villagers beyond the 16.

I'm going to spend the rest of the month beating Metroid Dread and terraforming like crazy. I'm so excited for this DLC.

I am happy to inform everyone that the previous reporting of Tortimer's passing was wholly inaccurate.

This is amazing, it went waaay beyond my expectations! All my friends are going to jump back in. They nailed it <3

I just realized that one thing that would have made this direct better is if they announced a better way to streamline online play (people coming to the island)

Probably way too much trouble for what it would be worth on Nintendo's end but one can dream.

• Amazing free update and paid DLC for New Horizons
  • NSO expansion pack more than double the price of the original

The duality of Nintendo, everyone.

Woah, just watched it and both the free update and paid DLC look great. Surprised how much is in the free update.

Really makes me want to play again though I'd have to start from scratch as I forgot to back up my island upgrading the the OLED.

I don't even own or have played the original game but that was a HELL LOT of content and so much funny and cute stuff that make up for hoooours of game play.
Also the paid DLC looks really amazing. I SAW THAT COMING LOL. Right til the end I was expecting this fake ending with the one more thing being a paid DLC. I was expecting it only for spring 2022 when they would do a re-launch kinda thing with the expansion. Nice surprise. I'm really sure it's gonna do well. I won't be surprised if like 90% of the people getting the Online+ Expansion Pass own Animal Crossing because the cost is only worthy if you do, cuz you get the DLC with it.

2.0 Free Update Summary
trying to summarize the free update stuff... here's what i gathered:

• The Roost
  • Amiibo functionality in the Roost
  • Kapp’n Boat Tours – mysterious islands
  • Harv’s Island upgrade – town plaza-esque for visitors
  • Reese and Cyrus can customize previously uncustomizable items
  • Katrina fortunes
  • Tortimer storage
  • Harriet new hair styles
  • Group Stretching activity added (motion or button controls)
  • Town Ordinances added
  • More exteriors for home
  • Expanded storage to max 5000
  • New Nook Miles items
  • Cooking added along with various new vegetables
  • Pro-decorating can add ceiling items, accent walls
  • Max bridges and inclines increased to 10 from 8
  • New fences
  • Pro Camera app
  • Patterns for customizing items can now be worn or used for wallpaper
  • 11 new reactions
  • Island Life 101 app
  • Outdoor sheds connect to home storage, can place anywhere
  • ABD machine can place anywhere
  • KK Slider 12 new songs
  • Random newly added furniture
  • Gyroids added
  • New shop items
  • Can craft permanent outdoor ladders
  • Narrow spaces navigation added
  • Animals will now invite you to their house and show up at your house

Happy Home Paradise Summary
sorry for double post, this is the expansion features being added then as well:

• Archipelago of vacation homes
  • Happy Home Designer-esque design for characters
  • Choose between different islands for each animal
  • Design inside and outside (as well as exterior)
  • Adjust size of width and length of interiors
  • Partition walls
  • Counters with 2 different heights
  • Pillars
  • Can adjust lighting
  • Can add soundscapes
  • Polishing items to give them special effects
  • Poki new currency
  • New Poki shop with new furniture
  • 2 animals can share a vacation home as roommates
  • Can design buildings like school, restaurant, hospital and see animals use them
  • Happy Home Network app to view and share deigns over internet
  • Amiibo can invite specific animals
  • Can take back all the new features to your own house
  • Souvenirs can be given to animals to try and invite to archipelago
  • Can also eventually redesign main island villager homes with new features

:giggle:How dare you! It's not just new fences, it's also customisable fences.

What do people think of the Roost? Is this a good version?

The only QoL updates that stood out to me as missing were being able to craft multiple items and having the same top-view system for easily adding furniture for terraforming. It can be a bit monotonous to have to build cliffs and stuff if you just want to experiment with an idea. The free update and paid expansion though is amazing otherwise.

New Horizons is my first time playing animal crossing so there's things I haven't seen before, the gyroids are so fucking bizzarre and I love them already.

This update will add the majority of features longtime AC fans have been wanting from New Horizons. It's almost too much to dive into at once! (In a good way.)

sorry for double post, this is the expansion features being added then as well:

• Archipelago of vacation homes
  • Happy Home Designer-esque design for characters
  • Choose between different islands for each animal
  • Design inside and outside (as well as exterior)
  • Adjust size of width and length of interiors
  • Partition walls
  • Counters with 2 different heights
  • Pillars
  • Can adjust lighting
  • Can add soundscapes
  • Polishing items to give them special effects
  • Poki new currency
  • New Poki shop with new furniture
  • 2 animals can share a vacation home as roommates
  • Can design buildings like school, restaurant, hospital and see animals use them
  • Happy Home Network app to view and share deigns over internet
  • Amiibo can invite specific animals
  • Can take back all the new features to your own house
  • Souvenirs can be given to animals to try and invite to archipelago
  • Can also eventually redesign main island villager homes with new features

• The Roost
  • Amiibo functionality in the Roost
  • Harv’s Island upgrade – town plaza-esque for visitors
  • Reese and Cyrus can customize previously uncustomizable items
  • Katrina fortunes
  • Tortimer storage
  • Harriet new hair styles
  • Group Stretching activity added (motion or button controls)
  • Town Ordinances added
  • More exteriors for home
  • Expanded storage to max 5000
  • New Nook Miles items
  • Cooking added along with various new vegetables
  • Pro-decorating can add ceiling items, accent walls
  • Max bridges and inclines increased to 10 from 8
  • New fences
  • Pro Camera app
  • Patterns for customizing items can now be worn or used for wallpaper
  • 11 new reactions
  • Island Life 101 app
  • Outdoor sheds connect to home storage, can place anywhere
  • ABD machine can place anywhere
  • KK Slider 12 new songs
  • Random newly added furniture
  • Gyroids added
  • New shop items
  • Can craft permanent outdoor ladders
  • Narrow spaces navigation added
  • Animals will now invite you to their house and show up at your house
Nice work, these should be threadmarked or put in the OP.

I joined just to comment that this is hella more content than I expected! Feels good to get some quality updates on a game that deserves it the most! People will go even crazier with these decor updates, cant wait 😳

I wasnt too into new life so I didnt realize there were all these nifty stuff that came over finally. Im also loving the new villagers, hopefully I can get some amiibo packs to get a good collection of them if I want them on my island :>

I remember someone asking for something like that just yesterday in the main huge thread, because they couldn't/didn't want to go visit other people to get the fruits. This might just be it.

• Pro Camera app

Villager using the DLC money to buy the new iPhone.

Last edited:
tenor.gif

It's going to be sooo cool to explore my island in first person! I already love just wandering around, so this is super exciting for me. I wonder if there is any limit, as in when you step on stairs it automatically goes out of the first person angle.

It's going to be sooo cool to explore my island in first person! I already love just wandering around, so this is super exciting for me. I wonder if there is any limit, as in when you step on stairs it automatically goes out of the first person angle.
omg that is what you can do with this... how did I not realize...

Biggest missed opportunity: integrating NSO games into in game items if you’re on the expansion pack.

Second: no Zelda items?
No Zelda items or Zelda amiibo villagers. I was shocked.

Probably gonna roll them out next year around BotW2 launch season.

the expansion seems very cool on its own, but the ability to bring the decorating enhancements back to my main island is the most intriguing.

i really, really, really like the partitioning, lighting, and ambient noises stuff.

I remember someone asking for someone like that just yesterday in the main huge thread, because they couldn't/didn't want to go visit other people to get the fruits. This might just be it.
Do you guys think it might also have seasonal materials too??

would be neat if the mysterious islands could contain the other tropical fruit that arent in the game, but i think they would have showed it if so.

the expansion seems very cool on its own, but the ability to bring the decorating enhancements back to my main island is the most intriguing.

i really, really, really like the partitioning, lighting, and ambient noises stuff.
Literally game changers

Biggest missed opportunity: integrating NSO games into in game items if you’re on the expansion pack.

Second: no Zelda items?

I don't think the Switch would handle it but lauching a NSO game from a retro console inside AC would be insanely cool.

Dang that's a bummer then.

this is good news tho
Honestly made my decision easier. I don't know how much I'd get out of the archipelago but I want the new stuff on my island lol. So if I were to go the NSO rout then it's more beneficial for me.

Honestly made my decision easier. I don't know how much I'd get out of the archipelago but I want the new stuff on my island lol. So if I were to go the NSO rout then it's more beneficial for me.
yeah same. I was really worried stuff would just poof out of my home lol

I really like how the DLC has a map that we will fill up over time, I was worried it'd be like the random islands where it just feels a little too disjointed and game-y.

On that note, my biggest disappointment was Kap'n.... I wish his boat went to a minigame island or even the shop center that Harv is getting. As it stands, I think I'm not really getting the point. It's basically just a better version of the existing random island plane rides, right? In that case, why does the boat bring you to better places than the plane, and why would you bother using the plane one anymore? I must be missing something

This is why you don't sell a game lol. Well I mean it was hard to see this coming. They basically addressed everythign with this update. The game did really well for what it was but it wasn't enough for me personally.

Not surprised. Still a heck of an update.
Going out with a bang. Still sad it's ending this early though. Wonder if they'll add in the holidays permanently?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom