• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Pre-Release Animal Crossing: New Horizons 2.0 Free Update + Happy Home Paradise (€/$ 24.99) announced | Coming Nov. 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to know more about the common areas on the paradise archipelago, like the beach with all the villagers hanging out. How is this paradise area going to work? I hope there's a decent amount of space to explore and interact with villagers.

I want to know more about the common areas on the paradise archipelago, like the beach with all the villagers hanging out. How is this paradise area going to work? I hope there's a decent amount of space to explore and interact with villagers.
I hope so too. It is one of my fav things to do, just to know them well and give them things they like depending on their personality. It felt like the dlc will be just right for me!

So nice they made haooy home designer 2 dlc instead of a full priced seperate release! Im not even mad because the free update is HUGE.

My gf and i are so excited! Can't belief i have a nintendo/game gf still haha. Amazing. First i wasnt so into acnh and preffered new elaf still but now im full in!

Something I'm not clear on, and sorry if it's already been covered, but how much of the DLC is dependent on having NSO?
The decision as to whether to buy the DLC separately or with the expansion may depend on this for some

That archipelago has 49 spaces to build houses(and facilities???). That's a lot for people who design every nook and cranny to look perfect I feel. Like I'm trying to think how much time I spent on my first main room and outside area and guess how long 49 builds would take and oh my.
If it’s the same as Happy Home Designer, each square is just a possible setting for as many houses as you want: Happy Home Designer offered the possibility to create a house for each possible villager.

So...
Do we think the "pro construction licence" will allow us to construct in our island with a "god mode" style gameplay like in the Happy Home Designer mode ?
Screenshot-20211016-172340-You-Tube.jpg

Like this ?

Screenshot-20211016-172531-You-Tube.jpg

This would be perfect for people like me who have been wanting to redo their whole island but can't bother to do it because of how long it would take lol

The "pro decorative licence" allow us to decorate the interiors like in Happy Home, so I imagine the pro construction one would allow us to do that. No idea what else it would do. Any ideas ?

So...
Do we think the "pro construction licence" will allow us to construct in our island with a "god mode" style gameplay like in the Happy Home Designer mode ?
Screenshot-20211016-172340-You-Tube.jpg

Like this ?

Screenshot-20211016-172531-You-Tube.jpg

This would be perfect for people like me who have been wanting to redo their whole island but can't bother to do it because of how long it would take lol

The "pro decorative licence" allow us to decorate the interiors like in Happy Home, so I imagine the pro construction one would allow us to do that. No idea what else it would do. Any ideas ?

Unfortunately the Pro Construction License is the one that allows you to build more bridges & inclines.

I really do hope we can edit our island like that - much like you, it would make me actually want to redo my island. I'm not holding out much hope unfortunately, I think if we could they probably would have gone over it. :(

I wonder what the added worth will be of Dodo tours now that we have Kappn tours

Will it only be about villagers
I imagine just villagers or they would have said how it changed.

It's a strange choice to have two completely separate tours when the difference is so small. So I guess they just needed a way to shove Kapp'n in the game.

Unfortunately the Pro Construction License is the one that allows you to build more bridges & inclines.

I really do hope we can edit our island like that - much like you, it would make me actually want to redo my island. I'm not holding out much hope unfortunately, I think if we could they probably would have gone over it. :(
Oh wow yeah if it's only that it's disappointing lol, 3000 points is a lot for just 2 more bridges/inclines lol
Thanks for the answer !

I think Kappn tours is what I expected Dodo tours to be all along.. different seasons, time of day, biomes :p
Yeah, same here. I really thought originally that it would be different seasons, different fruit, flowers, etc. Not just your own fruit and sister fruit/flowers. I'm really excited for this!

I'm also excited for more reasons to use my Nook Miles, because I honestly haven't spent them in ages unless it was to buy a few tickets to go villager hunting (but I don't care to find specific villagers, I try to find a type that's not already on my island and then be done lol).

Also, the Gyroids are beyond adorable in this game. I was not expecting them to look so good. I'm glad I never did anything special with my basement (I just made it look like a real basement "storage" area) so I can turn it into a Gyroid shrine.

What have Nintendo done with their DLC in the past? Is it going to be possible to buy and download it before the release date?

Quoted by: GJ
What have Nintendo done with their DLC in the past? Is it going to be possible to buy and download it before the release date?

As shown in the trailer; pre-orders open on Oct 29th. Not sure about pre-loading.

Not sure if this is been discussed, but I’m shocked at the lack of Zelda items. Is this really the FINALL free update? So no Zelda items for free?

It's been like...months since I've visited my island (I actually really do miss my villagers a lot...), but ordinances being back (I'm a Night Owl lol) is so nice and probably going to be the main thing that pushes to play again.

I'm really glad this is such a meaty update though. It was such a nice game to play during the pandemic, and I'd love to play again.

Not sure if this is been discussed, but I’m shocked at the lack of Zelda items. Is this really the FINALL free update? So no Zelda items for free?

The final “major free content update”. So an update with a handful of Zelda items could still count as a minor free content update, but if that was something that’d be added soon, I’m sure they’d have shown it yesterday.

I wouldn’t hold my breath tbh.

As shown in the trailer; pre-orders open on Oct 29th. Not sure about pre-loading.
Must have missed that. Thanks.

You would have thought that Nintendo would want to include free items to promote all their new releases like they do with Tetris99 and Smash spirits.

You would have thought that Nintendo would want to include free items to promote all their new releases like they do with Tetris99 and Smash spirits.

There’s a big difference though. Spirits are mostly just cutout images that already exist with some flavour text. Tetris boards are wallpapers with 3 songs lifted from another game. For Animal Crossing they’d have to create new 3D models, animate them, give them some kind of interactive ability etc. Of course they could’ve re-used the items from New Leaf, but afaik the Mario items were all completely new assets, so they clearly don’t want to do that.

I agree that Nintendo-themed items would’ve been great additions and I really loved them in the past games, but if they were able to make them for New Horizons I‘m sure they would’ve done so.

There’s a big difference though. Spirits are mostly just cutout images that already exist with some flavour text. Tetris boards are wallpapers with 3 songs lifted from another game. For Animal Crossing they’d have to create new 3D models, animate them, give them some kind of interactive ability etc. Of course they could’ve re-used the items from New Leaf, but afaik the Mario items were all completely new assets, so they clearly don’t want to do that.

I agree that Nintendo-themed items would’ve been great additions and I really loved them in the past games, but if they were able to make them for New Horizons I‘m sure they would’ve done so.

It's more effort, yes, but NH has been more than profitable enough to reinvest some of that money to advertise other games if they had wanted to. They could have also made simple posters like the ones you unlock when you scan amiibo.

If I get the NSO upgrade, will the other profiles be able to access the DLC or will it be limited to profile with the account?

This is my big question too. I'm wondering if I'll need to upgrade to the family plan so that my wife can have access to it. She would have paid 60 dollars just for the paid DLC as a stand-alone game.

spent way too much time today getting back into this excitement

AC, once again to my growing backlog… this time without the lockdown buffer

The final “major free content update”. So an update with a handful of Zelda items could still count as a minor free content update, but if that was something that’d be added soon, I’m sure they’d have shown it yesterday.

I wouldn’t hold my breath tbh.
I was initially disappointed by this but TBH all the Mario stuff was a novelty that I bought, tried out and then packed away. It’s all too tacky to integrate well

It's more effort, yes, but NH has been more than profitable enough to reinvest some of that money to advertise other games if they had wanted to. They could have also made simple posters like the ones you unlock when you scan amiibo.
Nintendo can't win. Now they're being criticised for NOT filling their full priced game with ads. :giggle:

(I know that's not really what you're saying but an interesting point about how questions over some business decisions are not always black and white.)

To be fair I don’t think many players would be upset about Nintendo-themed furniture being added. Even though technically they are ads for other games. In New Leaf a lot of them were fun little novelty things you could put on a desk or decorate a game room with.

When I watched this live, I flipped the fuck out. 😭 My gyroids back in the wild! UGH! I've waited so long!

Edit: Would anyone mind pointing me to the OT for Animal Crossing NH?

I wonder how the DLC will work with local co-op (or if it just won't). I share my island with my gf but only I have a NSO account so I hope we can both access HHP and the new features.

I wonder how the DLC will work with local co-op (or if it just won't). I share my island with my gf but only I have a NSO account so I hope we can both access HHP and the new features.

That's exactly my question as well! It would be nice to get some clarification, but it's the kind of weird phrasing that makes me think we won't. My wife really doesn't care about online services, even in animal crossing, but she LOVED happy home designer and needs access to the paid DLC. I use online, and want the expansion pass. So hopefully I can just get the expansion pass, and it lets her use it since it's my "main console." But we'll see.

Did anyone else get the amiibo cards for series 5 that went up today? There was a limit of 2 packs so hopefully I get a couple more from other retailers. Really want some of the newer villagers like Petri or Shino

I really hope it's a true interconnected world and not separate loaded zones like the actual homes

I'd asked this in General a few days ago and didn't get any response - any plans to revive the Turnip Thread over here?

I'm definitely thinking about getting back into this game with the free and paid DLC, but with my wife having restarted her island, we're both a tad poor. There's so much stuff to do in the game, building up a bell pile the hard/traditional way doesn't sound fun.

Quoted by: GJ
I really hope it's a true interconnected world and not separate loaded zones like the actual homes
based on what they've shown so far there doesn't seem to be any way to actually travel to the vacation homes without selecting it from a menu, which is also how it worked in happy home designer

the archipelago's main island will be a small hub of sorts at least

Ya the house travel is definitely a menu option, probably loading screens involved. I think there is a hub with various villagers hanging out based on footage, like the restaurant or the beach for example.

Yep! That’s what I was hoping for, no / minimal loading outside of the actual home plots.

Really debating restarting my island, though I dont know if I could withstand the horror of getting all the Insects/Bugs/Dives again

I also have all 3 Octopus on my islands. I don't want to give them up either!

Really debating restarting my island, though I dont know if I could withstand the horror of getting all the Insects/Bugs/Dives again

I also have all 3 Octopus on my islands. I don't want to give them up either!

If it helps the octopus are the easiest villagers to get when villager hunting, so if you were to restart getting them back shouldn’t be too time consuming.
Also easy to trade for since they are pretty easy to get

I'd asked this in General a few days ago and didn't get any response - any plans to revive the Turnip Thread over here?

I’m not sure if we have enough active players for a thread like that right now, but I’m sure a lot of people will start playing again on the 5th. You can always start the thread.

I’m not sure if we have enough active players for a thread like that right now, but I’m sure a lot of people will start playing again on the 5th. You can always start the thread.

No promises but I’m definitely considering it

I’m burning through my coffers at an alarming rate doing some remodels and would definitely benefit from a turnip thread

Comfy new island feelings and progress. Very neat having access to expensive swimming before pole-vaulting, though only by about a day. I wonder how Cap'n will affect the nook mile ticket situation.

Great, I'm addicted to this game again. 13 hours down on my new save (I've only been playing for a week and I'm not using time traveling). This game is freaking great, I really don't know why I stopped playing.

Character characteristics. I think I would have gotten half of these wrong.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom