• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Pre-Release Animal Crossing: New Horizons 2.0 Free Update + Happy Home Paradise (€/$ 24.99) announced | Coming Nov. 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone explain what gyroids are/do? I played New Leaf way back when too, and as far as I knew there were gyroids... but they didn't... do anything? I'm wondering why people keep asking for them?

Can someone explain what gyroids are/do? I played New Leaf way back when too, and as far as I knew there were gyroids... but they didn't... do anything? I'm wondering why people keep asking for them?
From my memory you dug them up they made some funny sounds and wiggled. I think that's about it.

yah they are just decorations, there were a large amount of varieties of them to collect, they made different movements and sounds. they were fun.

Yeah, that's pretty much what it comes down to: another thing to collect, lol.

They're just fun little trinkets. I think people are upset by their absence because they have been a series mainstay and less because they will change or alter the core gameplay.

yeah a lot of the hopes and dreams are "adding stuff back" that were series staples, like nintendo items, missing furniture sets, and gyroids.

but i also really hope there is something completely unexpected and brand new ...

Soon™

I wonder if we are going to see all-new (or returning) villagers with the new amiibo cards. Releasing a whole new series just for Raymond, Judy and the handful of other characters introduced at ACNH's launch seems a bit much.

Soon™

I wonder if we are going to see all-new (or returning) villagers with the new amiibo cards. Releasing a whole new series just for Raymond, Judy and the handful of other characters introduced at ACNH's launch seems a bit much.
wondering this as well... hoping its more than just those small few.

Kapp'n, yes! I figured he wasn't back since we were already on a tropical island.

Looks like Redd is on the new island, should make art less of a pain.

No Harvey campsite cosplaying producer narrating the whole Direct.

BUT BUT BUT immediately saved from crushing disappointment by sea shanties. Fuck yeah, Kapp'n!

200.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom