• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Rumour An Xbox One achievement list for Goldeneye 007 (!!!) has been added to Microsoft's servers

Andy Robinson (Video Games Chronicle) hinting a reveal could be happening in the next few weeks.

• Hmmm.
    The only other option that could be on the same level is No One Lives Forever, but i'd imagine Microsoft acquiring Activision could put a dent in negotiations for that.

He also posted a pic with a friend, that just so happens to wearing a watch with Goldeneye's UI on it. 🤔

Jeff Grubb chimes in
  • More sources piling in.
    According to VentureBeat journalist Jeff Grubb, who stated on his premium Giant Bomb show GrubbSnax (transcribed by VGC) that he believes that Microsoft is likely to announce the revival, rather than original publisher Nintendo.

Grubb said: “I think that Microsoft is going to be the one to announce that first.” He added: “I think this game is probably coming pretty soon, I’m thinking next couple of weeks.”
    I think i remember him being fairly accurate when it comes to leaks and rumours.

Achievements now publicly viewable on the Microsoft Store, descriptions have been slightly updated.
  • Turns out these achievements are now viewable on the public store page.
    Not just this, actually.
    They also updated the text for a few of them.
    J5nLFaV.png

hY0vrpJ.png

Should be revealed in a week. I'd imagine.
    I'm glad the long road to rescuing the game is finally over, and that i was able to partially contribute by providing documentation on it's history (By researching how the game almost made it into Rare Replay.) 🙏
    It's nice to have a small high point in my legacy, after everything that happened.

Back
    Top Bottom