• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Rumour According to Nintendo Prime, f zero gx remaster is being developed by next level games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regardless of whether it's NLG's "thing" or not, since Nintendo now owns them, I would say they'd have little say if they were told to do it, they do it LOL

I do think an F Zero GX remaster is more or less gonna happen at this point. But I don't know if NLG would do it (why them???), and also, even if it does happen, I am pretty sure whatever Nintendo Prime heard was BS lol.

Since I've been asked about it on Twitter, I'll answer here: No, I cannot back this rumor.

I'm aware of an F-Zero project, was told it was an F-Zero Remaster, & have expressed as much since last yr. I have nothing new to add to the conversation.

Last edited:
Since I've been asked about it on Twitter, I'll answer here: No, I cannot back this rumor.

I'm aware of an F-Zero project, was told it was an F-Zero Remaster, & have expressed as much since last yr. I have nothing new to add to the conversation.
Hmm. Did you hear if it was coming this fiscal year?

fetchimage

I do think an F Zero GX remaster is more or less gonna happen at this point. But I don't know if NLG would do it (why them???), and also, even if it does happen, I am pretty sure whatever Nintendo Prime heard was BS lol.
If they do it it’s because they asked. It’s not some impossibility. Them and Retro like to work on established nintendo IPs and it’s just a remaster.

Hell who knows their grand plan could be is they want to take over the F-Zero franchise to make new games for the future, but they need experience. Nintendo will gauge sales of this remaster of course.

Saying a developer can't make a certain game is silly, considering right this moment a developer known for making racing games only (Playground Games) is making a fucking Fable game, lmao.
And another developer known for racing games (Monster Games) made Xenoblade Chronicles 3D.

Saying a developer can't make a certain game is silly, considering right this moment a developer known for making racing games only (Playground Games) is making a fucking Fable game, lmao.
The example I prefer is Respawn and the Star Wars Jedi games, which I think some people here would say shouldn't exist and Respawn should stick to FPS games. Because it seems like Playground's lack of experience with RPG games is actually causing some problems for Fable given that it is MIA since 2020...

Seriously. Some of these dudes be clueless when you see this all around. Look at Guerilla Games or Retro. Examples are all over the place lmao

Me in 1996: “I’m an intellectual, and I believe Nintendo can’t make Mario in 3D as they only have experience with 2D games.”

I was a very sophisticated newborn child.

Look, im sure that if NLG really REALLY bothered nintendo enough for this they would be allowed to but for i dont believe it.

I would have said the same thing if someone told me Retro was making DK in 2009 so its all a matter of "no background"

I would be thrilled if NLG was moving from being a Mario factory, although id prefer if instead of a remaster it was a new game and instead of FZERO it was an Eternal Darkness spiritual sequel.

If it is... somehow... real then im happy for FZERO fans and EXTREMELY HAPPY that NLG didnt become a Camelot and that they re trying out new genres. Hopefully to success?! (enough for a new game)

Look, im sure that if NLG really REALLY bothered nintendo enough for this they would be allowed to but for i dont believe it.

I would have said the same thing if someone told me Retro was making DK in 2009 so its all a matter of "no background"

I would be thrilled if NLG was moving from being a Mario factory, although id prefer if instead of a remaster it was a new game and instead of FZERO it was an Eternal Darkness spiritual sequel.

If it is... somehow... real then im happy for GX fans and i hope it is a success (enough for a new game)
Good ole Eternal Darkness. One day my friend one day.

Never

I mean, that was basically just a new studio that started in the same physical location as another studio.

There's very little staff overlap and Fable has taken forever (has been in development for five years and is nowhere close and is hiring for many leads still)

"Man, I really hope Retro know what they're doing with Donkey Kong - they've only done first person Metroid games up to this point!"

A GX remaster wouldn't seem to require much racing game knowledge unless this was more of a remake and they were massively changing how the multiplayer worked to make it more appealing.

Not sure how well Next Level Games' engine streams assets quickly though.

They probably could do a graphical remake, but it would be kind of weird and pointless compared to hiring an actual port studio.

A GX remaster wouldn't seem to require much racing game knowledge unless this was more of a remake and they were massively changing how the multiplayer worked to make it more appealing.

Not sure how well Next Level Games' engine streams assets quickly though.

They probably could do a graphical remake, but it would be kind of weird and pointless compared to hiring an actual port studio.
A remaster of the GX code wouldn't use NLG's engine.

Not sure why Nintendo would give an F-Zero remaster to an internal studio that has several multi million sellers under their belt. But I guess weird resource allocation is part of NLG’s game.

?

1. I don't even know if Nintendo legally has GX's code, but
2. Obviously the graphical engine would be completely different in a remake

If this is just an HD up-port, then there's like...... Almost no work to be done in general and it doesn't really matter who the studio is.

If Nintendo doesn't own F-Zero GX's code or if the code is gone or this is a full graphical remake, then they would likely have to use Next Level's graphical engine or a new graphical engine made by Next Level if Next Level made the game.

?

If this is just an HD up-port, then there's like...... Almost no work to be done in general and it doesn't really matter who the studio is.

If Nintendo doesn't own F-Zero GX's code or if the code is gone or this is a full graphical remake, then they would likely have to use Next Level's graphical engine or a new graphical engine made by Next Level if Next Level made the game.
The rumor was specifically saying it's a remaster, i.e., using the original code.

If they do it it’s because they asked. It’s not some impossibility. Them and Retro like to work on established nintendo IPs and it’s just a remaster.

Hell who knows their grand plan could be is they want to take over the F-Zero franchise to make new games for the future, but they need experience. Nintendo will gauge sales of this remaster of course.

They'll look at the sales of the entire series, laugh, and tell them to get back on to Luigi's mansion.

You appear to be confused as to whether someone can do something means they should.

There are vastly better options to handle a remaster of F-Zero GX that Nintendo has good relations with.

?

Nintendo doesn't lose code. The whole giga saga leak should have made this clear, and if anyone still had doubts after that, they gave square the code to one of the mana games where square had lost it under the provision that the rerelease was Nintendo exclusive, meaning they have immaculate copies of not only their own, but third parties works too.

And you seem to be projecting your desire for a Luigi's Mansion 4 into this fanatical anger for NLG to do nothing else besides Luigi's Mansion games.

lol.

Yes, I'm fanatical because my suspicion is the next game from NLG will be a sequel to their 10m+ selling franchise and not a remaster of a dead and buried series when they neither do remasters, even when it was their primary series, nor do the type of game that F zero is in general.

Go off on one.

Oh, and I loved their punch out and GameCube mario football games, which play to their actual strengths as a studio, but apparently history is rewriting itself in this very thread, and now those don't count since they are not Luigi's mansion, noted. That's much more likely than just not liking the bad game they made in federation force.

Last edited:
There are so many low-tier YouTube gaming channels that post made-up bullshit for clicks.

We should avoid making posts about it, or make a ‘rumours thread’ or something.

NLG: papa Nintendo can we make new F Zero

Nintendo: no we have old F Zero here u go paint this and when you're older u can make ur own f Zero but for now u r too young to have scissors and papier mache and glue but lead paint is OK my beloved Canadian child

NLG: OK thanks

Can we, I don't know, stop giving attention to this ghoul ?

I mean he did serve his time with his ban sentence lol. I don't really care one way or the other but I thought it was hilarious when I made that post about Republican voters and I keep getting quotes from people saying "actually my family are the Good Republicans."

?

If Nintendo is not using the original code (which belongs to Sega), then this remaster becomes more or less a full blown remake, completely going against the point of a remaster. Might as well make a new game then.

The logistics alone makes NLG working on this hard to believe. Ideally, it should be a studio that could work with Sega Japan.

Yes. It would use the Super Monkey Ball engine, which Nintendo has no ownership over. Most of the code belongs to Sega, as stated by GX's credits.

Even if they used a new engine like Banana Mania did, they would likely still need to work alongside Sega, as Togashi once confirmed Nintendo had no access to the code.

Last edited:
Not sure why Nintendo would give an F-Zero remaster to an internal studio that has several multi million sellers under their belt. But I guess weird resource allocation is part of NLG’s game.
It's not like putting a new coat of paint on GX would take equivalent time and effort to one of those multi-million sellers.

Super Mario All-Stars is a port of the NES Super Mario Bros. games with higher quality assets. Being a port of a GameCube game doesn't stop them from replacing models/textures/whatever with versions that aren't twenty years old. EDIT: Even emulated games replace those things, sometimes.

What Activision calls a remaster in marketing and what Nintendo calls a remaster in both practice and marketing are two different things.

Okay, but Metroid Prime remastered uses a massively modified graphical engine on top of the original gameplay engine so like... If this was a big thing... There would have to be a different graphical engine used than what was used in GX.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom