• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Rumour According to Nintendo Prime, f zero gx remaster is being developed by next level games

Status
Not open for further replies.
This story picked up quick. Hey guys. Nothing to really add beyond what I put in the video. This guy popped up in my twitter feed today - no idea if it's real or not.

No clue who he is, but the video he linked is to apparent voice work he did for what was originally a reboot by NLG that got shelved supposedly after they needed to finish up Strikers.

But I have never heard of him and have no idea. After stealth posted my stuff today, this cropped up.

Just to clarify: This tweet here was unrelated to my video/report. Just what I was told behind the scenes and got it backed up by someone else. I do not know when it is releasing, or any details like online play or whatever people hope to find out. Wasn't even sure it was worth talking about, but since we all want it to come back, any update is better than no update I guess.

Okay, but Metroid Prime remastered uses a massively modified graphical engine on top of the original gameplay engine so like... If this was a big thing... There would have to be a different graphical engine used than what was used in GX.
It was still created from the original code, and the engine is an upgraded version of the same engine.

You might as well try arguing that Wind Waker HD or Twilight Princess HD aren't remasters despite being created from the original source code of both.

This story picked up quick. Hey guys. Nothing to really add beyond what I put in the video. This guy popped up in my twitter feed today - no idea if it's real or not.

No clue who he is, but the video he linked is to apparent voice work he did for what was originally a reboot by NLG that got shelved supposedly after they needed to finish up Strikers.

But I have never heard of him and have no idea. After stealth posted my stuff today, this cropped up.

That isn't real. That would be a gigantic NDA break.

That isn't real. That would be a gigantic NDA break.
I didn't think so either if I am honest. To be so blatant like that. I just watched the video and it sounded good, but sounding good means little on the internet.

It's irrelevant to my report. And I wouldn't make a report of that. It was just something that cropped up I found interesting.

It was still created from the original code, and the engine is an upgraded version of the same engine.

You might as well try arguing that Wind Waker HD or Twilight Princess HD aren't remasters despite being created from the original source code of both.

Okay, but why would Next Level Games be told to make a massively upgraded graphical engine based on 2003 racing game code from Sega instead of using their own engine.

What would be the point of any of this.

Okay, but why would Next Level Games be told to make a massively upgraded graphical engine based on 2003 racing game code from Sega instead of using their own engine.

I mean Nintendo contracted Tantalus to do the Twilight Princess HD remaster despite that studio having no experience with Zelda or the engine the game was made in.

I mean Nintendo contracted Tantalus to do the Twilight Princess HD remaster despite that studio having no experience with Zelda or the engine the game was made in.

Okay, but then... literally why Next Level instead of a developer that is used to porting games, lol.

This is a random racist guy making some rumors, but the rumor just seems very stupid. Nintendo would probably just hire a port studio to do this if this is a minor project.

We also seem to be taking the definitions of a random racist guy who has no track record as if he got the definitions directly from Nintendo which... seems unwise.

Maybe Nintendo and this guy have different views on "remake" vs. "remaster" or maybe the guy leaking it does (making the big assumption that this YouTuber somehow got this information)

Okay, but then... literally why Next Level instead of a developer that is used to porting games, lol.

This is a random racist guy making some rumors, but the rumor just seems very stupid. Nintendo would probably just hire a port studio to do this if this is a minor project.
Why not Next Level if it was a project they wanted to work on?

hang on, maybe it's a random racist guy being told made up rumors by another random guy (who may or may not be racist)

They didn't say that, they said that Prime Remastered specifically just uses an upgraded engine. Not that NLG would have to do the exact same thing.

You realize that studios do this all the time, right? Not only did Tantalus do the Zelda remasters, but for example third party engines are even used to easily remaster games. Like how Sonic Colors HD used Godot.

They didn't say that, they said that Prime Remastered specifically just uses an upgraded engine. Not that NLG would have to do the exact same thing.

You realize that studios do this all the time, right? Not only did Tantalum do the Zelda remasters, but for example third party engines are even used to easily remaster games. Like how Sonic Colors HD used Godot.

So I was having a bizarre discussion in which another poster made the claim that a game can only be called a remaster if it uses the same engine as the original game and that's the context for this post.

We also seem to be taking the definitions of a random racist guy who has no track record as if he got the definitions directly from Nintendo which... seems unwise.

Maybe Nintendo and this guy have different views on "remake" vs. "remaster" or maybe the guy leaking it does (making the big assumption that this YouTuber somehow got this information)
Who’s racist?

I'm actually surprised at how negative people are at the pairing in the sense that this would pretty much be the only way that something like F-Zero GX would get a Metroid Prime level remaster

That being said the ... arguments against NLG doing are pretty convincing, to say the least. Both in terms of if they would and if they should.
People on here are crazy. This remaster would probably be better than other ones. Next Level Games are “NEXT LEVEL” developers. Not just hype.

So I was having a bizarre discussion in which another poster made the claim that a game can only be called a remaster if it uses the same engine as the original game and that's the context for this post.
That's not what I said at all, and it's evident that I'm wasting my time with you.

Also he says they flew him out to Vancouver to record these lines in 2019, and then I guess what... called him up a year or two later to tell him it was cancelled due to covid?
they flew someone out to do the worst voice work of all time and then voided his nda because it was cancelled

it's a genuinely embarrassing... stunt? hoax? joke, maybe?

This whole "voice work" is so laughably fake it's ridiculous. And of course the clickbaity-est YouTuber on the platform would fall for it.
Again, that isn’t my source. It just popped up in my feed today.

It’s life. Comes with the territory.

Next Level Games isn't big enough for three projects at once. Luigi's Mansion 4 and Mario Strikers Battle League in development at the same time is already stretching their resources.

Next Level Games isn't big enough for three projects at once. Luigi's Mansion 4 and Mario Strikers Battle League in development at the same time is already stretching their resources.
i see this as an excuse to dunk on strikers yet again! 0

Is that a thing we know about from trustworthy sources, or just an assumption based on 3's success?
Assumption. But I'd be incredibly shocked if it wasn't in development right now. Luigi's Mansion 3 was a huge success.

This is almost certainly made up so the channel gets clicks. Lots of low tier YouTube channels do this and make clickbait thumbnails. It’s very, very common.

Also if this guy is actually a Republican schill it sort of adds credence to him being easily deluded and capable of perpetuating obvious lies for self-gain.

My stance would be we shouldn’t make threads about frivolous rumours that have no credibility. This is a good forum, would love it not to turn into 4chan.

People such as Bryce Holliday (Game Director for Luigi's Mansion 3) didn't seem to do too much for Mario Strikers: Battle League which for me, implies he could be heading Luigi's Mansion 4, even during Battle League's development.

Dude wanted to be in a Nintendo game so hard that he thinks in his mind that he actually did VA and believes his own lies. This is funniest shit ever.

Just to clarify: This tweet here was unrelated to my video/report. Just what I was told behind the scenes and got it backed up by someone else. I do not know when it is releasing, or any details like online play or whatever people hope to find out. Wasn't even sure it was worth talking about, but since we all want it to come back, any update is better than no update I guess.

Can I just say, I hope some people here get a taste of humble pie and you're proven right because I'm sick of people talking down to others on this site.

I don't think so. I think they are making Luigis Mansion 4. I really hope that F-Zero gx remake or a new game is coming. But I don't see any reason why Next Level Games would be doing it.

Dude wanted to be in a Nintendo game so hard that he thinks in his mind that he actually did VA and believes his own lies. This is funniest shit ever.
I'm suddenly reminded of a high school football player from years and years ago that made the news for basically faking that he had recruiter interest from multiple universities with major programs up until he held a press conference in which he announced his decision of which (non-existent) offer he chose to accept.

This is almost certainly made up so the channel gets clicks. Lots of low tier YouTube channels do this and make clickbait thumbnails. It’s very, very common.

Also if this guy is actually a Republican schill it sort of adds credence to him being easily deluded and capable of perpetuating obvious lies for self-gain.

My stance would be we shouldn’t make threads about frivolous rumours that have no credibility. This is a good forum, would love it not to turn into 4chan.

sigh. Not outing the sources. Not much I can do here. Just wait. And no, I’m not republican. Ignorant, yes.

Can I just say, I hope some people here get a taste of humble pie and you're proven right because I'm sick of people talking down to others on this site.
I don’t care that much really. Some people like me, some don’t. All of them are justified for how they feel. I’ve said and done stupid stuff in the past. I own that.

You live and you learn. I don’t care about others eating crow. I have no vendetta.

orson-welles-ahh-the-french.gif

“MuAhhhh welcome to F-zero! aYou have a new lap Record..It’s a fine GameCube game. Fermented iN a BOTTLE!”

I wonder why the guy who was talking in another thread about how we need to listen to more right wing perspectives is defending the guy banned for saying Democrat voters are welfare queens

Anyway I'd like this rumor to be true but I think it's bunk, in large part because of where it's coming from but also because it doesn't make sense to me

You don't get to make a ton of clickbait videos based on both literal and equivalent 4chan rumors and still maintain the credibility needed to be post this type of development. He doesn't even care if people believe it or not. That makes it worse, because it proves it's all about the clicks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom