• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion Ys X: Nordics to launch for PS5, PS4, and Switch on September 28, 2023 in Japan

Speaking of Switch versions of games here's why you should take the idea of Switch being the lead platform for Ys with a grain of salt.

Translated via Deepl
That sucks to hear. Will they optimize it by launch? I am doubtful, plus that does not gives the best impression to the new fan based you want to cultivate.

On the bright side by the time it releases on the west, NISA might have a switch 2 version lol.

Set Your Accessories, Mana Seeds, and Skills, and Aim for the Fastest Time!

In Time Attack Mode, you can change Adol and Karja’s equipped accessories, Mana Seeds on the Release Line, and Solo Mode / Combination Mode skills prior to the start of each boss battle.

Ys-X-Nordics_2023_09-07-23_002.jpg

Ys-X-Nordics_2023_09-07-23_003.jpg

I’m going blind outside knowing where it fits in the timeline, only thing I want to know is does it still use the Seven style of combat? I enjoy it quite a bit but I am wishing for a change

Kondo Interview
https://joshinweb.jp/game/cmt_243.html

Saw this on installbase. Short interview on Ys X production, history and legacy

There is a Q&A that's talking about challenges on launching on 3 platforms (using deepL):

"And since the Ys development team is not divided into separate teams for different consoles, we had to finish them in order. We first completed the Switch version, and then completed the PS4 and PS5 versions, so it was an even longer process than usual. However, during the final stages, the game was getting better and better every day, so that was very encouraging."

Have they ever mentioned anything about Oath in Felghana getting a western release? Was really looking forward to that one as well.

Falcom developing Ys X for the Switch in-house seems to be working wonders. I played Ys XIII and IX on Switch and they were both serviceable ports, but Lacrimosa of Dana really should've been optimized a lot better than it was.

Found some gameplay on the Switch and.. it looks good? Like, just really good. Especially coming off Ys IX. Only thing I would really criticize is the pop-in, but that doesn't really matter to me personally.

Found some gameplay on the Switch and.. it looks good? Like, just really good. Especially coming off Ys IX. Only thing I would really criticize is the pop-in, but that doesn't really matter to me personally.

It does. There's no reason to hide the game in all ads and streams like Falcom does.

Can't wait for them to localize this game already. I'm always down for some Ys kino.

Anybody else notice the colored button icons??? The Ys VIII and IX Switch ports only had generic black buttons with white letters. I wonder if this means anything? Hmmmmm 🤔

Looks really nice. I played 8 and the demo of 9 and this one seems to have the camera more in. I guess since you dont have a party, but I like it.

Our best hope is for Durante and his team work on the Switch version later on.
Will not happen unless they are contracted for a Switch successor version. The way these things work is NIS America will localize and release the Japanese ports that exist and pay for new platform ports. For Nayuta, it was the same PS4 and Switch versions Falcom did in Japan, but PC was a PH3 release. For Ys X, it will be the same with the Falcom releases (hopefully patched by then) being localized while NIS America contracts a new PC port.

Looks really solid, though the pop-in is quite noticeable to me as well as the character's low resolution shadows. The part where Adol fights the dog has the shadows shimmer constantly. Not super pretty, but it probably won't bother most people.

I dont know if this was known, but I am glad more rpgs are doing this. Cause Trails does it. I did not play Ys 9 and I dont remember Ys 8 lol

I would love an in-game Encycloped’Ys that covers the characters, the timeline and the events of previous Ys games.
Why not put the official world map too in it.

I loved Ys I & II and I’m still wondering if we’ll still hear about what happened in Ys II since Ys X starts one month after Ys II and is set before Ys III : An Oath in Felghana. And I’m quite sad that the now canon Ys IV isn’t linked to Ys I & II anymore.

The game looks fantastic. I'm tempted to import it myself, but I just picked up The Legend of Nayuta: Boundless Trails on Switch, so I guess I can have that scratch that Ys itch for me for a bit. I really hope they localize that Oath in Felghana HD remaster that came out awhile ago, that's a Top 5 Ys game for me.

The sections shown here look quite good and run well at 30fps, but yeah, the pop-in is pretty noticeable indeed, as seen before already.
I think It's ultimately worth it, I like the way it looks.

Watching it makes me want to play it now even more, hnnnngggg...

happy-early-birthday-now.gif

Sorry to give anyone a hope of localizations with this bump, but this video just went up from John from Digital Foundry who loved Ys X.

Back
Top Bottom