• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Reviews Xenoblade Chronicles 3 | Review Thread (see staff post)

Xenoblade chronicles 2 it's the fire emblem awakening of the xenoblade series, you can dislike the game all you want but if you can't see how they became a breakout hit and made both franchises as big and as popular as they are today you're just blind.
Some would call it seminal even. But at the end of the day now we have Xenoblade 3 which I dare say is much better.

Well, aside from how they feel about the review, I personally feel in case of closed ecosystems like consoles, from a technical POV, the game should be evaluated on what its made for and whether it takes advantage of the hardware or not.

It's like reading a review of a 3DS game and knocking points because it uses say, the Switch or a PS4 as a point of reference for what visuals to expect.

I hear from so many people these days that they do not like movies shot on film (ludicrous to me, but whatever to each their own), and will complain about how film will translate to their high end digital set up. The thought of film grain annoys them. I think if someone docked points for a movie being shot on film would be ridiculous.

So, we all know what the Switch hardware is capable of. Should be evaluated on that, and whether (as some devs have shown) they optimized it or not for the hardware it was developed for.

What is the purpose of a game review if not to describe the experience of playing it? On a dedicated console, game performance is not a variable left to the player (outside of emulation, of course).

It seems that many are suggesting that these reviews should be an evaluation of the developers' performance, rather than being written solely for those interested in playing the game being reviewed. I suppose I can't discredit that perspective, but it's one that hasn't crossed my mind.

Why not dock points because while the reviewer was playing it, their basement flooded? After all it contributed to a worse experience of the game.

548E2AF3-BE57-442C-9691-7494AA568BF3.jpeg

It was pretty much anime already.... noh? Or maybe it was more Avatar The Last Airbender hmm

Is just anime when is the kind of anime people don't like.
Yeah anime is a pretty terrible descriptor because the medium is varied enough that you can call anything anime if you try hard enough. So it usually gets used to describe whatever anime someone doesn't like

this thread has now passed the review thread for PLA and is the 2nd biggest review thread on the forum, after metroid dread.

you can sort by date, or click here
Thanks a lot. So right now the game is standing at 67 reviews. If it got 4 perfect reviews right now, it would climb to 90. If it got three, the overall score would sit at 89.92, don't know if that could be rounded. Realistically, though, it will stay right there or it could probably lower to 88, since I'm noticing 80s are quite prevalent.

Thanks a lot. So right now the game is standing at 67 reviews. If it got 4 perfect reviews right now, it would climb to 90. If it got three, the overall score would sit at 89.92, don't know if that could be rounded. Realistically, though, it will stay right there or it could probably lower to 88, since I'm noticing 80s are quite prevalent.
the problem with this logic is that certain websites count more then others. So you actually don't know the exact score.

If it gets the same ammount of reviews as definitive edition there are still around 25 reviews left. Most of those will be between 8 and 9, so I can see it going lower

Another reason why we need a new Golden Sun, we would have less complaining about it being anime.

(Unless of course, that eventually goes anime too).
It’s anime. And also you’ve got your pick of a super anime Japan remake, a Wayforward remake, or 2DHD

Started Astral Chain a week ago after 3 years in my backlog because, well it didn't clicked me, not because of it's quality, it was a matter of tastes at that time, didn't clicked Bayo 2 nor DMC5, finished them in normal difficulty and that was it. Ironic because i finished 100% of Bayo 1 after 70 hours back in 2010.

Now Astral clicked me...but Xeno 3 is out on friday, a series that i put more than 300 hours between 1 and 2.

Fuck.

Last edited:
Please see the threadmarked staff post. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom