• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Pre-Release Xenoblade Chronicles 3: Pre-release Discussion Thread (Spoilers from leaks/early copies NOT allowed)

Which side are you on?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shamelessly taken from reddit

7mbh52qps5j81.png

because expecting "news" youtubers to be intelligent is setting yourself up for disappointment
“hey I’m only the messenger. I’m just giving you guys the news”. Yeah so does Fox and other crap gives me the news too. You’re held accountable for giving false information out to viewers. Keep repeating the same shit about this being the next real Xenoblade game from Takahashi’s team since Xenoblade X.

You seen the thread and poll in the other place? XC3 crushing Splatoon and Bayonetta in terms of anticipation.

Of course it won’t outsell Splatoon but it’s great to see its highly anticipated among the general gaming populace (well, the bubble that forum represents).

You seen the thread and poll in the other place? XC3 crushing Splatoon and Bayonetta in terms of anticipation.

Of course it won’t outsell Splatoon but it’s great to see its highly anticipated among the general gaming populace (well, the bubble that forum represents).
This forum would do the same lol

This forum would do the same lol

My people!

Well, Eunie is absolutely breaking Twitter from what I’ve seen…

She is the chosen one in the community - the one who… is… ummm… easy on the eye and can be made more appealing with a bit of artistic license! :p

Looking over the various Twitter accounts, Mio appears to be the most popular - strictly speaking about official tweets.

But Xeno artists are drawn to Eunie for obvious reasons. There’s been some incredible art all round.

Not to make this discussion about Era but I've seen a few times where the polls on the forum don't match with the overall discussion going on at the forum. Like there was period where there were constant threads about how BOTW was overrated and not as good as people say, only for the game to be voted as the game of the decade. I think a lot of people on Era like games like Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed, and Destiny. Enjoy mobile games as well. But discussions around these games become so negative.

This suggests to me that there is a significant amount of fans of different things on Era but simply don't want to engage in conversation about a certain topic because of how negative things can become. Like, why bother? Which is a shame because I think there are good discussion and debates to be had.

My people!

She is the chosen one in the community - the one who… is… ummm… easy on the eye and can be made more appealing with a bit of artistic license! :p

Looking over the various Twitter accounts, Mio appears to be the most popular - strictly speaking about official tweets.

But Xeno artists are drawn to Eunie for obvious reasons. There’s been some incredible art all round.
Yes the art so far has been great on japanese twitter
and then there's english twitter...

Not to make this discussion about Era but I've seen a few times where the polls on the forum don't match with the overall discussion going on at the forum. Like there was period where there were constant threads about how BOTW was overrated and not as good as people say, only for the game to be voted as the game of the decade. I think a lot of people on Era like games like Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed, and Destiny. Enjoy mobile games as well. But discussions around these games become so negative.

This suggests to me that there is a significant amount of fans of different things on Era but simply don't want to engage in conversation about a certain topic because of how negative things can become. Like, why bother? Which is a shame because I think there are good discussion and debates to be had.
Yeah it's kinda amazing just how many people can be excited for an UNPLAYABLY BLURRY game (that thread is STILL on the frontpage two weeks later holy shit)

Yeah it's kinda amazing just how many people can be excited for an UNPLAYABLY BLURRY game (that thread is STILL on the frontpage two weeks later holy shit)
lmao yeah I saw that someone bumped that thread just whining about it again. But yeah silent majority and all that I guess

I’m incredibly excited and day 1 for all of these (assuming they’re as good as the rest of their respective series), but I can’t deny Xenoblade is the one that has the most hype from me.

I totally get what you’re saying and agree. While I’ve had my issues with the place, I found pockets of joy in various community threads. Unfortunately lots of good people have left and I generally find the main forum quite miserable.

But like you say, I don’t want to derail the thread so I won’t go on. However, it’s a shame people feel like they can’t talk on there.

I’m incredibly excited and day 1 for all of these (assuming they’re as good as the rest of their respective series), but I can’t deny Xenoblade is the one that has the most hype from me.

I adored Bayonetta 1 and 2. I really enjoyed Splatoon 2 as well. Bayonetta 2 was my game of the year when I finally got round to playing it on Switch (though of the new games I played that year, Astral Chain got my crown).

I’m disappointed Taylor isn’t returning (by the looks of it) and I need to see a bit more from Splatoon 3, but I’m excited all the same.

Xenoblade is my favourite series. I fell in love with 2, just as I did the original many years earlier.

To see those two worlds brought together and have their stories capped off in a far flung future is like some crazy fever dream for me.

Question about Xenogears that I’m trying to find the answer to without spoiling, is there eventually a part towards the end of the game where I have a full party?

Hoping it’s not like FF4 where you can level up party members who won’t even be with you endgame. Right now characters are coming and going but I’m fine if that’s just the beginning. Just want there to be a point where I can grind with a full party.

Anyways If so, how many characters are in the full party? Right now I’m at my first party of 3 with Bart and Citan. And I figure I’ll see Elly again

Question about Xenogears that I’m trying to find the answer to without spoiling, is there eventually a part towards the end of the game where I have a full party?

Hoping it’s not like FF4 where you can level up party members who won’t even be with you endgame. Right now characters are coming and going but I’m fine if that’s just the beginning. Just want there to be a point where I can grind with a full party.

Anyways If so, how many characters are in the full party? Right now I’m at my first party of 3 with Bart and Citan. And I figure I’ll see Elly again
Yep, you'll have everyone at your disposal eventually. You can't change members freely in the menu anytime though, you have to talk to this specific lady on Bart's ship to swap people out. If I'm not forgetting anyone, there are nine total party members. There's only one character you will eventually permanently lose.

There are 9 party members total in Xenogears, and unlike FF4 you will be able to freely swap between them as the story progresses.
However towards the end of the game one party member leaves permanently, which means your actual party in the endgame is composed of 8 characters.
Also this question might be more appropiate for the Xeno Series Community thread.

Yep, you'll have everyone at your disposal eventually. You can't change members freely in the menu anytime though, you have to talk to this specific lady on Bart's ship to swap people out. If I'm not forgetting anyone, there are nine total party members. There's only one character you will eventually permanently lose.

There are 9 party members total in Xenogears, and unlike FF4 you will be able to freely swap between them as the story progresses.
However towards the end of the game one party member leaves permanently, which means your actual party in the endgame is composed of 8 characters.
Also this question might be more appropiate for the Xeno Series Community thread.
Thanks y’all!

And yeah I just clicked on the first Xeno thread I saw because I figured it’d be most active, but you’re right if I have any more questions about gears that seems like the perfect thread

I think outside of a few specific YouTubers, a lot of Xenoblade content is a bit... hit and miss. There's a lot of factual errors. On one hand, it's frustrating, on the other hand, I'm just delighted to see the franchise creating some enthusiasm.

I feel the fanbase around Xenoblade and Monolith Soft in general is extremely passionate - but it's not as big as we'd like! With both XC2 and DE hitting the charts, it's good to see more people are interested in getting in on the series.

Anecdotally, I've seen plenty of people posting on Reddit that they've just started playing the games, so that's a great sign. XC3 has clearly sparked some excitement.

But I think Nintendo have done a good job managing the franchise in recent years. XC2, expansion pass/Torna, soundtrack release, art book, figures, DE release, Pyra and Mythra in Smash (with amiibo to come).

They've kept Xenoblade in the conversation for years at this point.

Btw just for fun, should we try and predict the day XC3 releases?
The choices are:
2/9
9/9
16/9
23/9
30/9

I want it to come out on the 9th just so we get the first numbers earlier, but realistically it will probably either be on the 23rd or 30th

eh. not everything has to be a billion seller. hell, you don't want that, because once you aim for a certain target, you start designing to hit that. and I guarantee you it won't look anything like Xenoblade
I don't think anyone is expecting it to become the next Zelda but I do want it to become a consistent multimillion seller for two main reasons:

-To ensure Xenoblade has a prosperous future (duh)
-So Nintendo will give Monolith more leeway for other new titles

Love that. Is Bahamut is a big retailer in Taiwan?

Hmmm, I'm sorry, I don't know.

The choices are:
2/9
9/9
16/9
23/9
30/9

I want it to come out on the 9th just so we get the first numbers earlier, but realistically it will probably either be on the 23rd or 30th

I agree. Based on past Nintendo releases during the month of September, I believe 23/9 is the most likely date, followed by 30/9. They'll debut the last trailer in the September Direct.

The choices are:
2/9
9/9
16/9
23/9
30/9

I’m going to say the 23rd, but Nintendo releasing it on the very last day of September feels realistic too!

eh. not everything has to be a billion seller. hell, you don't want that, because once you aim for a certain target, you start designing to hit that. and I guarantee you it won't look anything like Xenoblade

I‘m not asking for it to become the next COD, but it would be nice if it could move up the food chain a bit. 3/4m would be awesome.

The choices are:
2/9
9/9
16/9
23/9
30/9

I’ve already told my wife-to-be, whose birthday is on the 15th, it if comes out on Friday we’re cancelling any plans. lol

They've kept Xenoblade in the conversation for years at this point.
Not just for years, but from the Monado: beginning of the world:

2009 - XC reveal
2010 - XC JP release
2011 - XC EU release
2012 - XC NA release
2013 - XCX reveal
2014 - Shulk on Smash
2015 - XC3D + XCX
2016 - XC Wii U eShop release
2017 - XC2 release
2018 - Pass + Torna release
2019 - XCDE reveal
2020 - XCDE release
2021 - Pyra on Smash
2022 - XC3 release

Sure, Wii U eShop was minor and until 2012 it was more of a coincidence than intentional, but they had something Xenoblade to talk about every single year.

The choices are:
2/9
9/9
16/9
23/9
30/9

10/9 is my birthday so Monolith has to release it on the 9th else it’s discriminatory

I wonder when are they going to announce a XC3 Special Edition... i'm certainly eyeing that

At the E3 Direct alongside the release date. Then the final trailer will be in the September Direct.

Not just for years, but from the Monado: beginning of the world:

2009 - XC reveal
2010 - XC JP release
2011 - XC EU release
2012 - XC NA release
2013 - XCX reveal
2014 - Shulk on Smash
2015 - XC3D + XCX
2016 - XC Wii U eShop release
2017 - XC2 release
2018 - Pass + Torna release
2019 - XCDE reveal
2020 - XCDE release
2021 - Pyra on Smash
2022 - XC3 release

Sure, Wii U eShop was minor and until 2012 it was more of a coincidence than intentional, but they had something Xenoblade to talk about every single year.
Nintendo pushing Xenoblade is wonderful to see. So what’s 2023? XC3 expansion?

As for the Special Edition talk… I must have it. I have spent too much on this franchise, no reason to stop now!

I hope XC3 strikes a nerve and we get the same kind of support XC2 got.

When you look at the game, expansion, soundtrack, art books, etc. it got more love than many Nintendo franchises.

I think I'm gonna skip XC3's special edition. it's been a weird cycle for me: I didn't get the XCX special edition (which i regret) because I thought XC1 was good, but not as amazing as people said it was; I got the XC2 special edition because I loved XCX; but now I'll probably skip XC3's special edition because I wasn't too hot with XC2

Quoted by: SiG
Saitom and CHOCO are returning as designers: Saitom as main character designer and CHOCO as designer of key artwork that hasn't been revealed yet.

For the music Yasunori Mitsuda, Manami Kiyota, ACE (TOMOri Kudo, CHiCO), Kenji Hiramatsu and Mariam Abounnasr are returning as composers.
I notice tri-ace is oftem mentioned in the credits of the previous Xenoblade games. What is their involvement?

I recall a long time ago tri-ace released a tech demo of their engine showing advanced lighting. Seems it's now considered obsolete due to ray-tracing, but I think said engine boasted stuff like global illumination and one of the earlier cases of PBR.

Edit: Found said video. Almost looks like a tech demo for stuff used in XCX.

I think I'm gonna skip XC3's special edition. it's been a weird cycle for me: I didn't get the XCX special edition (which i regret) because I thought XC1 was good, but not as amazing as people said it was; I got the XC2 special edition because I loved XCX; but now I'll probably skip XC3's special edition because I wasn't too hot with XC2
What about XC1 DE? Did you skip out on that as well?

Also I think people still gave XC2 too much flack...to the point they don't even want to give Torna: The Golden Country a chance (which is waay more serious in tone/less "anime" or "shounen-y" than base XC2).

Last edited:
I notice tri-ace is oftem mentioned in the credits of the previous Xenoblade games. What is their involvement?

I recall a long time ago tri-ace released a tech demo of their engine showing advanced lighting. Seems it's now considered obsolete due to ray-tracing, but I think said engine boasted stuff like global illumination and one of the earlier cases of PBR.

Edit: Found said video. Almost looks like a tech demo for stuff used in XCX.

What about XC1 DE? Did you skip out on that as well?

Also I think people still gave XC2 too much flack...to the point they don't even want to give Torna: The Golden Country a chance (which is waay more serious in tone/less "anime" or "shounen-y" than base XC2).

Tri-ace was just the usual outsourcing for assets. They didn't work on engine

Oh yea, I got the XC1 DE special edition. I said I didn't think it was as great as people said, but I should say that I've seen boast that the game was "one of the best jrpgs in decades" and similar hyperbole

I'm not too sure if I'd get the special edition. I love art books, but usually, they release a better one in Japan sometime after release like Alrest Records. Part of me thinks I'd rather save the extra money for trying to get a hold of the Japanese art book later on. Also, I've gradually been making the shift toward digital.

Is the special edition something that is likely to be shown at E3? Seems more likely to be in an overview trailer in August (or a game-specific direct - do they still do those?)

Tri-ace was just the usual outsourcing for assets. They didn't work on engine

Oh yea, I got the XC1 DE special edition. I said I didn't think it was as great as people said, but I should say that I've seen boast that the game was "one of the best jrpgs in decades" and similar hyperbole

Pretty sure it wasn't claimed to be the best of the decade but was said to be the "greatest JRPG of the seventh generation" which I think holds true.

DE is also just a remastering of a 12 year old game. A lot things in Xenoblade that felt like a breath of fresh air and amazing 12 years ago for a JRPG (still think its setting is one of the best to this day) will obviously be taken for granted in 2020 when a lot of its design aspects are now expected or more commonplace in modern J/RPG.

It's still a fantastic JRPG which absolutely deserves its acclaim, but it's not the best Xenoblade anymore, imo.

Last edited:
The choices are:
2/9
9/9
16/9
23/9
30/9

Ideally it'd be the 9th, but if I had to pick a date it'll probably be on the 23rd. That seems like the usual spot for a Nintendo September release.

Pretty sure it wasn't claimed to be the best of the decade but was said to be the "greatest JRPG of the seventh generation" which I think holds true.

DE is also just a remastering of a 12 year old game. A lot things in Xenoblade that felt like a breath of fresh air and amazing 12 years ago for a JRPG (still think its setting is one of the best to this day) will obviously be taken for granted in 2020 when a lot of its design aspects are now expected or more commonplace in modern J/RPG.

It's still a fantastic JRPG which absolutely deserves its acclaim, but it's not the best Xenoblade anymore, imo.
oh, I'm not talking about the Switch version, I mean the Wii version. I didn't bother with Last Story or Pandora's Tower because that didn't get as rave reviews like Xenoblade did

oh, I'm not talking about the Switch version, I mean the Wii version. I didn't bother with Last Story or Pandora's Tower because that didn't get as rave reviews like Xenoblade did

Pandora's tower is brutal. Just ... Brutal.

If you ever, for whatever reason, need a game to make you feel like absolute garbage for failing to be punctual, this is it. Holy shit.

I got all 3 of them, and while Xenoblade is my favourite, were I forced to choose, I very much like them all, and would very much regret not having one of them.

TWoKbZJ.gif

I can't get over how we have 3 different biomes look like they're all so close to each other in the background of that second shot. They probably look closer than they actually are, but that's still something we've never seen in Xenoblade. And I love how well they look like they transition the grasslands to a more desert like plains.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom