• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Spoiler Xenoblade 3: Future Redeemed SPOILER THREAD | The outcome was patently obvious.

Got to the end, and just in time for Zelda.

I will freely admit I don't completely understand the ins and outs - there's a lot of anime magic at play here - but I think I got the gist. I'm pretty satisfied, all things considered.

Great bloody final boss theme btw - felt fitting that a Zanza remix heralded the end of the saga.

I understand that there are some strong Xenogears/Xenosaga ties in the ending, but I would love it if the theory of it being a direct tie in to X was true. Of course, it's just as likely thay it'll be something completely new, but it's fun to theorise.

Managed to finish it just in time for Zelda!

In terms of gameplay, this is honestly the best the series has ever been in my opinion.
The new AP rewards system is so satisfying, the tweaks to the base game are smartly implemented, the new areas are awesome, the soundtrack kicks arse, and its handling of the series characters and lore is worthy of its legacy.

In particular, seeing the old world before the "fall" and placing the Xenoblade characters in a real world (albiet future) city near the end was exactly the kind of crazy masterstroke that makes the series so great.
When the credits rolled and those scenes from all three games played alongside that song... just wow.
What a ride it has been, ever since I first set foot on the Bionis back in 2011.

Thank you Tetsuya Takahashi.

Last edited:
I really enjoyed Na'el as a character. She really does remind me of how a lot of people view the world. Even if she was wrong I definitely empathize with her. The girl just had enough. Definitely one of the better done contrasts in a Xenoblade game.

Just have the super bosses left. I will say, the writing in this further highlights how much Mobolith has improved at characterization. Matthew has such a unique personality for a leading Xenoblade character. Plus he drops probably the most badass line in the series (obviously nothing tops Shulk's "I'll kill you" for pure nostalgia purposes)

"I hate you so much, a thousand deaths wouldn't bring me peace!"

Chills man. Delivery there was stellar.

Truthfully I don't think it's so much they have strictly improved at characterization but more that when it comes to main characters they veer into "safe" territory (a bit too heavily for my taste to be honest), they actually talked about this in a past Iwata Asks. I would guess they let themselves go more when it comes to a DLC expansion.

Like, Matthew isn't really groundbreaking or anything but yeah, even just his endearing idiocy (and perhaps more importantly, that the other characters aren't afraid to mock him for it) and him wearing his heart on his sleeve is already refreshing.

If Noah had a bit more N about him, he could have been the ultimate protagonist in the series.

N is just so much more engaging for me. He demands your attention when he’s on screen.

His behaviour is driven by a fear and refusal to let go, lose people and move on. It’s very human. It’s basically Jin.

Unfortunately, Noah is almost completely divorced from N (unlike Jin).

If we‘d saw Noah lose himself protecting Mio, nearly killing an opponent or even doing it, to the shock of his party, it would have been rad.

Shulk is at his most interesting when he’s transitioning from a desire for revenge to a quest for understanding.

Rex is an optimist to a fault and it’s how his outlook sparks a belief in his older party members that the world can change for the better.

Noah is Jin if you split the character in two - but that tension is what made Jin so interesting.

I really like Noah, but as I’ve always said, I’m disappointed because I could have loved him.

Harry does such a good job. You can tell he’s having a blast being evil too.

Hi everyone, first post here! I've had this account since Fami's creation but just kept lurking

I've been seeing debates about the whole "Xenosaga vs Xenoblade X" going on regarding the future of the series and have had a thought I just needed to share somewhere so here I am!

Okay so obviously there's a lot of pushback on Blade X connections due to events not matching with Klaus' experiment and such, and connecting it would take too many retcons according to many people.

But what if you only need one retcon?

Hear me out:

In the next few years, Nintendo announces "Xenoblade Chronicles X: Definitive Edition" for Nintendo Switch Super Drake.

You start the game and are greeted to the same intro. Aliens, Project Exodus ships, Earth kaboom yaddi yadda.

Now normally you'd be greeted by the Character Creation after the crash on Mira. Not this time.
Instead you get woken up by Elma right away, but you play as a stock character with armor and helmet to hide any features.

You play the intro segment the same way, get to the cliff and are introduced to Mira. So far so good.
You jump off and trek along to New LA, nothing special.

You get to New LA and are given Elma's speech about the last of Earth's survivors trying to live on Mira as in the original, and are shown the many districts of New LA.

You see a bunch of survivors living together. A lot of Humans........and High Entia....and Gormotti, and Machina, and Flesh/Blade Eaters and so on
And then character creation, but now you have options from other races.

Basically, do the "Alvis Core Crystal" retcon, but on a much bigger scale. No story change needed.

Even the party members. Most look like random NPCs so a few could be altered. Keep Elma, Lin and Lao the same but I dunno, give Irina some wings or something. Doug a core crystal on his chest etc

Now sure there's the matter of "July, 2054 A.D." but that's also an easy fix.

Year 2054

Okay

So 2054 years post-merge. The A.D. can either be removed or its meaning changed to something other than Anno Domini, or even kept who cares.

Now again this is mostly rambling but I dunno, I feel a probably X connection would be easier to do than many people say. For the record I agree with the Saga connections too, but I feel those could either be neat references or be a situation where Saga takes place around the same time as Blade but far away in Space.

Last edited:
This is really random and probably stupid, but does anyone else think the icon for L's Mindstorm art in X looks like the Low Orbit Station:
XCX_Art_icon_Mindstorm.png

looks more like the "alvis light" in the ending of XC1 to me
Yea, I can see that. The light beams above and below the Alvis light are evenly distributed. This icon looked more like the disc shape on the thicker taller pole like the beanstalk with the smaller thinner spire on top. Though looking back, I see now only 2's version has the additional spire on top. I was just looking at X's art icons for some design inspiration for something I was working on and noticed the other healing arts and most auras with healing effects (Repair, Astral Heal, Astral Horizon, Recuperate, Enhanced Stand) have heart icons. Smooth Recovery is the only other healing art without a heart icon though it's unique in being the only AOE heal. Mindstorm coming from L made it interesting to me that it had a unique symbol.

Finished FR a while back but have kept forgetting to get my thoughts down, and so:

There have been very few games that have two endings that have made me emotional, but Xenoblade 3's certainly one of them. This really did feel like one last hurrah for the series up to this point (THOSE CREDITS), and I find myself happy they decided to keep a lot of the fan service-y connections to past games in here rather than the main game; I think that approach worked out really well. Seeing Shulk and Rex as older and trying to be fathers to their kids was some great, great stuff. Shout-out to Fergus O'Donnell as Rex in particular! While I would have liked to have seen Al Weaver get a second shot at the character with better voice direction, McDonnell was fantastic in the role.

Quite honestly, thinking more on it, Matthew may very well be my favourite protagonist from the series. While we got a lot less time with him than most of the others, I think Monolith still did a really stellar job in doing a lot with his character in the time they had; making him the opposite of Noah in a lot of ways was absolutely the right call, and his whole dynamic with A was so good. Not to mention that everything with him, N, and Na'el was some of my favourite content out of both the DLC and the main game. I liked Nikol and Glimmer well enough, but I felt they really did take a back seat to the rest of the party a lot of the time; kind of wish Glimmer had spent more time with just Matthew, A, and Nikol before the adults joined up, but it is what it is.

I also enjoyed how much more they encouraged exploration here by tying it so heavily to character upgrades. That's something I'm hoping they keep for future games. Same goes for a lot of the QoL changes they introduced here!

My interpretation of the ending was that both worlds did indeed end up merging together after all, but I'm sure will people be arguing about that for years to come. Getting confirmation that Klaus's experiment only affected Earth and not the whole universe does have me thinking the next phase of the series will be focusing on what the off-world humans were getting up to (not so sure much will come out of the other Xeno references during the radio scene yet). Whatever comes next for the series, I'm so grateful we got this trilogy: three of my favourite JRPGs ever, with Future Redeemed as an excellent final note to end on.

P.S. the final battle having everyone merge into a giant Ouroboros was kick-ass and something I expected to happen at the end of the main game, so happy it eventually did after all, haha.

Interesting to see a lot of folks loving Matthew.
I myself enjoyed him too but still bottom of the pile for me over the other protagonists in the series.
Just personal preference of course, I can’t really pinpoint why I feel that way.

My interpretation of the ending was that both worlds did indeed end up merging together after all, but I'm sure will people be arguing about that for years to come.

Definitely my interpretation too although, I really can’t see how it could be interpreted as anything differently.

Finished Zelda and now I’m back to FR, I missed this game. I started a new play through to 100% it. I want to stay in this world and hang out with these characters as much as possible.

What an amazing ending to the Klaus Saga, I can’t wait to see what Monolithsoft does next.

Just wanted to share this amazing video I watched that is a love letter to Future Redeemed and the Xeno series as a whole:

It largely covers this game and doesn't hold back on spoilers for it so that's why I decided to just share it in this thread.

Just wanted to share this amazing video I watched that is a love letter to Future Redeemed and the Xeno series as a whole:

It largely covers this game and doesn't hold back on spoilers for it so that's why I decided to just share it in this thread.

this has been a really well done video, thank you for sharing.
btw, with Baten Kaitos remaster and the Future Redeemed throwbacks, I really wonder if we will ever get a Xeno-whatever partnership between Monolith, Nintendo and Bandai

Future Redeemed track info is out:

01 At Our Life's End
02 New Battle!!!
03 Cent-Omnia Region
04 Cent-Omnia Region/Night
05 Yesterdale - Colony 9
06 Yesterdale - Colony 9/Night
07 Black Mountains - Valak Mountain
08 Black Mountains - Valak Mountain/Night
09 Black Mountains - Prison Island
10 Black Mountains - Prison Island/Night
11 Redeem the Future
12 Redeem the Future - Finale
13 Two Worlds and Two Hearts
14 Future Awaits
Composer:
Yasunori Mitsuda (1, 13, 14)
Kenji Hiramatsu (2)
ACE (TOMOri Kudo, CHiCO) (3, 4)
Manami Kiyota (5, 6, 11, 12)
Mariam Abounnasr (7~10)

Arranger:
Mariam Abounnasr (1, 7~10, 13)
Kenji Hiramatsu (2)
ACE (TOMOri Kudo, CHiCO) (3, 4)
Manami Kiyota (5, 6, 11, 12)
Yasunori Mitsuda (14)

Piano Arranger:
Takayuki Yoshimura (3, 4)

Lyricist:
Tetsuya Takahashi (14)

English Translation:
Lisa Gomamoto (14)

Vocals:
Joanne Hogg (14)

Yoko Shimomura's "Hometown" is used as a motif in Disc9 M05 & M06

Did the OP of that “what Future Awaits” thread accidentally predict a track title 😅

Also didn’t realize Black Mountains had two themes!

Yes…idk how that happened.

Just kidding lol. We already knew the name of the ending theme because it was listed in the credits.

It's really cool, it actually seamlessly transitions from the Valak to Prison Island version when you take the ether slide to the prison island section, similar to the synced field to battle theme transitions in Final Fantasy XIII-2

I'm like really really late to the party, but I've speculated since XC2 came out that the xenoblade series was just in a different Willhelm reset from Xenosaga. Earth being destroyed or lost seems like one of the constants

I saw this posted on reddit. There's a page in the booklet that connects tracks in 3 and FR to tracks in 1 and 2 that they're based on/new arrangements of

xb3soun05_o.jpg

I did not realize New Battle was based on Mechanical Rhythm + Still Move Forward. Didn't anyone catch that?

I saw this posted on reddit. There's a page in the booklet that connects tracks in 3 and FR to tracks in 1 and 2 that they're based on/new arrangements of

xb3soun05_o.jpg

I did not realize New Battle was based on Mechanical Rhythm + Still Move Forward. Didn't anyone catch that?
I think it was confirmed to have this when the OST was announced, but it's nice to see it. Can't wait to see all the connections!

xb3soun05_o.jpg

Okay that's super cool that they did that for us. I actually was trying too keep an ear open for reused/remixed stuff throughout XB3

I shit you not, I was 99% convinced it was Mitsuda who composed the Prison Island songs. Goes to show how much Mariam has inherited his style.

Did the OP of that “what Future Awaits” thread accidentally predict a track title 😅

Prison Island is a fuller arrangement of Valak Mountain. It works very well, and as @EtherPenguin stated, they crossfade between the two instead of a hard transition.

xb3soun05_o.jpg

Nicolas Daoust (a musical YouTuber) caught Mechanical Rhythm, but even with him spelling it out I can't really hear it. I'm about to spend a while listening to all three lol.

As an aside, it's really long, but I totally recommend his video on the broader Xenoblade 3 OST. It's in a top ~50 countdown format, but he gives a lot of neat insight on things I never caught and is very well researched on the vocalists sprinkled throughout the soundtrack. His ability to pick out a leitmotif is uncanny too; I didn't realize just how much of 3's OST is built on the back of ~3 major melodies.

Plus, at least for me, his sense of humor really hits.

As an aside, it's really long, but I totally recommend his video on the broader Xenoblade 3 OST. It's in a top ~50 countdown format, but he gives a lot of neat insight on things I never caught and is very well researched on the vocalists sprinkled throughout the soundtrack. His ability to pick out a leitmotif is uncanny too; I didn't realize just how much of 3's OST is built on the back of ~3 major melodies.

Excellent. I needed this, thanks

I shit you not, I was 99% convinced it was Mitsuda who composed the Prison Island songs. Goes to show how much Mariam has inherited his style.
After years of arranging tracks by the same artist I'm not surprised some of their style rubs off.

I'm glad Mariam Abounnasr finally got some solo compositions in Xenoblade. She was really an unsung hero on 2's soundtrack IMO and she deserved more recognition.

Alright, I can hear Mechanical Rhythm in New Battle!!! now. It's actually a pretty recognizable part of the former (8 through 12 seconds in) and even still played on electric guitar but it's buried in the mix of New Battle!!!. I wonder if it'll be any easier to hear in the actual OST; I recall 2 had some mixing touch-ups in the OST released compared to what was in the game. For anyone listening for it, the guitar is slightly panned right.

That took me a solid few minutes of listening even with a timestamp of the exact part of New Battle!!! it features in (1:21 in Nintendo's official upload). I have little confidence I'll find the reference to Still, Move Forward! on my own lol - though part of my struggle may have been due to listening to a lower quality upload at first.

EDIT: Shit, it's literally on the same guitar directly after Mechanical Rhythm lmao
Nope, that was still Mechanical Rhythm

Last edited:
Nicolas Daoust (a musical YouTuber) caught Mechanical Rhythm, but even with him spelling it out I can't really hear it. I'm about to spend a while listening to all three lol.

Thanks for the link, I wasn't aware of this guy. Watching the video now, I'm glad I wasn't alone in thinking Eagus Wilderness had a Donkey Kong Country sound to it

Mitsuda: remember when you first fell in love with my music?
chocolate_supra, emphatically: YES CHEF

Glad you're both liking his stuff! I first found him with this video, which I believe was his first to really blow up at all:

He doesn't upload frequently, but he's a delight imo. However, I do think he's gotten progressively better at analysis; going back to his earlier ones didn't impress me as much.

EDIT: Shit, it's literally on the same guitar directly after Mechanical Rhythm lmao
Also this is totally wrong lol, that was just more Mechanical Rhythm. Back to searching

Back
Top Bottom