• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion With Advance Wars out, if Nintendo were to work with WayForward again what would you like to see? (Update: MinnMax Interview With WF Director!)

WarioWare and Rythym Heaven are also mentioned in the clip; but I don't know if those would happen without direct IntSys / EPD involvement. I also don't know if i'd trust anything but remasters for Chibi-Robo from WayForward; so much about what I love in Chibi-Robo comes from that Love de Lic DNA, and frankly I don't think they are capable of capturing that on their own.

If they want to tackle Kururin that would be wonderful though; I doubt even Eighting will ever return to it.

What does IS have to do with Rhyrhm Heaven? It seems WayForward is probably mainly working with EPD2 now, so the collaborations that make sense would be IPs that they manage. That’s one thing we’ve seen that the producers/production groups stay consistent with the contract companies they hire.

What does IS have to do with Rhyrhm Heaven?

I listed WarioWare and IS first in those respective parts of the post for a good reason! Didn’t want to spend time having to specify the difference, but I guess I am now, lol.

EDIT: Think I came off harsher than I meant in the first… couple takes, so I hope i’ve made it softer.

Last edited:
I listed WarioWare and IS first in those respective parts of the post for a good reason! Didn’t want to spend time having to specify the difference, but I guess I am now, lol.

EDIT: Think I came off harsher than I meant in the first… couple takes, so I hope i’ve made it softer.

No biggie. I think I’m particularly drawn to IS developer credit statements because I spent so much time back in the day - dispelling the over-credit of IS assist role games ex.“IS made Metroid”. WarioWare is also kind of one of them since IS became involved later to varying degrees.

What does IS have to do with Rhyrhm Heaven? It seems WayForward is probably mainly working with EPD2 now, so the collaborations that make sense would be IPs that they manage. That’s one thing we’ve seen that the producers/production groups stay consistent with the contract companies they hire.

What IPs have EPD 2 had a hand in since the great EAD/SPD merger?

What IPs have EPD 2 had a hand in since the great EAD/SPD merger?

They took over all the original EPD Production Group No.01 IPs (our speculation is that the producer Hitoshi Yamagami retired or was moved to another position and there was a restructure in the works) and kept their own IPs too.

EPD PG 2 originally handled Smash, Mario Sports but now handle Fire Emblem, Advance Wars, Mario Sports, Smash, Pokemon, Kirby, Bayonetta, and others.

They took over all the original EPD Production Group No.01 IPs (our speculation is that the producer Hitoshi Yamagami retired or was moved to another position and there was a restructure in the works) and kept their own IPs too.

EPD PG 2 now handles Fire Emblem, Advance Wars, Mario Sports, Smash, Pokemon, Kirby, Bayonetta, and others.
So what exactly does EPD1 do these days? Or do we just not know and assume that EPD1 and 2 were combined?

So what exactly does EPD1 do these days? Or do we just not know and assume that EPD1 and 2 were combined?

We've seen proof through Nintendo/Japanese interviews with PG02 stamp and also the producer being the same across the games. We can speculate that perhaps PG01 may be given to another producer/team leads and their releases will surface in the future. Or just they will shift around some of the Production Group #s around.

EPD1 is now fully internal and Sakaguchi (Splatoon 1/LABO Director) is the leader of this group. That's my tin foil head speculation.

He was at EPD5, then he moved to EPD4 so 5-4=1. EPD1.

Last edited:
EPD1 is now fully internal and Sakaguchi (Splatoon 1/LABO Director) is the leader of this group. That's my tin foil head speculation.

• Could be a new Producer/Team lead starting new IPs.
  • Could be Production Group No.04 splitting into 2 groups since they develop the most software. (Kawamoto can take experimental IPs / Shimamura can take Sports and Fitness)
  • Splatoon and Animal Crossing could split into different groups also
  • Tokyo could also house 2 groups (they had Shimizu and Koizumi doing that during last days of EAD Tokyo)

• Could be a new Producer/Team lead starting new IPs.
  • Could be Production Group No.04 splitting into 2 groups since they develop the most software. (Kawamoto can take experimental IPs / Shimamura can take Sports and Fitness)
  • Splatoon and Animal Crossing could split into different groups also
  • Tokyo could also house 2 groups (they had Shimizu and Koizumi doing that during last days of EAD Tokyo)
So many mysteries.

I think Sakaguchi probably is the new team lead, LABO was likely not that much success as Nintendo thought but the confidence in him is there. If we get new 2D Mario later this year and Yusuke Amano is not credited there, then it's possible that Sakaguchi and Amano are working on something together again (ala Splatoon 1).
If Splatoon/Animal Crossing were split that would somewhat explain Aya Kyogoku missing in Splatoon 3 credits. But it's hard to tell as group managers just tend to be part of what's developed inside their own group.

Looks like there was possibly bigger overhaul in groups ever since EPD was formed in 2015.

And speaking of EPD4, in the last year's Ask The Developer for Nintendo Switch Sports, Shimamura was not listed as a Manager of EPD4 so it's safe to say that only Kawamoto still is, don't know when was the last time they reffered him as such.

Mother 3 remake? They’d crush that
Mother 3 will only be remade if the other 2 are, the only reason to specifically do Mother 3 is cause of the localization which NCL doesn't care (or maaaaybe to realize a once 3d game in 3d but I still doubt it tbh)

Mother 3 is honestly somewhat divisive in Japan, not that it won't come to their GBA NSO or it's hated but like it genuinely has a better reputation in the West from enough people playing the fan translation then it does over there, the mood shift from Mother 2 was not recieved very well

Mother 2 in particular is very popular there, so I'd lean towards that one, but perhaps they do Mother 1 cause oldest and most dated

Also, I feel if Mother is remade, it should be with a clay artstyle so I don't think WF is the go

I'm unsure if Itoi would even want remakes, he does have to approve them if they happen

Back
Top Bottom