• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion Will you leave Twitter if Elon Musk purchases it?

Will you?

• Total voters
I'm not sure he even planned that far ahead. Really felt like he got baited into trying to buy Twitter and then started reneging once he realized that would mean he owned Twitter.
I actually saw yet another theory today:
cJeoSeS_d.webp

Again, no clue if it was really this calculated but.. dang.

There's also the theory that he did it to create a smokescreen over all the scandals that were about to go public, because of his "Now that I've done this, expect a false media hit job to come out" tweet.

I'm not sure he even planned that far ahead. Really felt like he got baited into trying to buy Twitter and then started reneging once he realized that would mean he owned Twitter.
this is closer to the mark I think. this is the man who goes around flashing women and having multiple children with others because he thinks he can-- he not the type to think things through. it all about ego

Just wanted to clarify some stuff as I saw some misleading info being shared around, plus Musk himself either didn't know what he was talking about or was purposefully misleading followers by asking people to pick random accounts

Twitter made a claim about DAU (daily active users) being composed of less than 5% of spam accounts. They're not talking about valid registered accounts, they're talking about users that actually interacted with the app/site in a given day

Twitter users who logged in or were otherwise authenticated and accessed Twitter on any given day through Twitter.com or Twitter applications that are able to show ads.

If you try sampling random accounts, you would have to discard any account that didn't interact with anything in the day being considered, as they would be inactive. You cannot be certain of that without having access to internal analytics data

If a spam account is abandoned or just don't do nothing in a given day, it's not counted as an active user. So the ratio of the total of spam accounts vs the total of legitimate user accounts is irrelevant to the original claim. The ratio of spam posts vs legitimate posts is also irrelevant to the original claim, as a single spam account will post a lot.

So yeah don't believe "evidence" people bring up, it's probably just lack of understanding of analytics metrics.

The cherry on top though is that it seems like Musk actually waived due diligence so in the end it may not even matter if the claims were accurate

Back
Top Bottom