• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion What YouTube videos are you watching right now?

Lot of android in particular Samsung Z Flip 5. Anyone here have that phone?

Is an iPhone really better than an Android phone?
Depends on which model, your use case, environment, personal taste etc.

Generalising of course but Android phones are better for tinkering, customising allow more freedom but don't provide as solid and reliable a user experience as an iPhone does. They often have bloatware, and there are more privacy/security concerns.
They also are available over a wider price range so more accessible to those on a tight budget.

My experience taught me that I have no wish to endlessly tinker (I'm a Software Engineer so do that enough during the day) with my phone, I just want a fast, reliable device that provides everything I need reliably, as I have Macs , an iPad, Apple TV etc. it makes complete sense.

So I just came across this channel, which features comedy edits of (mostly) Dragon Ball Z scenes. Most of the videos are very short, the majority of the jokes are on the silly side, but I laughed anyway. Here's a small sample:

Wait a second...

How can Palpatine give a speech the Senate when he himself is The Senate?!

Semi-related but anyone else feel like YouTube has been a complete bear lately? Videos load slowly, stutter, play in low quality, it's happened on multiple computers now for me.

Semi-related but anyone else feel like YouTube has been a complete bear lately? Videos load slowly, stutter, play in low quality, it's happened on multiple computers now for me.
Not for me, as far as I can tell, but it could be the monitor that I always use.

just finished this video while eating dinner; super interesting and i really like the creator. for anyone intrigued by film history, i highly recommend! (and i don't even really care about the wizard of oz.)

Can't say I've ever seen the documentary or even heard about it before but this was still interesting. A bit more classic Folding Ideas video in the vein of "Dan watched something that annoyed him" than a lot of the more recent stuff but still great :)

More like skimming more than anything but hey I know there's at least someone else out there who likes 5 hour review marathons lol.

After years of watching Freeman's Mind by Ross, I started to watch his "Dungeon Game" series. I didn't know until last week it was basically around 50 mins game reviewing with Ross's style with lots of humor and even sometimes hints to make some old games run better on modern PC hardware (like for Trickstyle).

He also reviewed Phantasmagoria 2, a game he loves a lot and it reminded me of Noah "Spoony" Antwhiler's review back then, that became quite popular, enough for the main actor, Paul Morgan Stetler, to contact him and make an interview with him in 2022 :

I know Noah is a bit controversial but before his fall, I binged his Ultima reviews (never liked his FF 8 review but had a ton of fun with his FF 13 back then). And what a surprise, Majuular is starting to review every Ultima game with very long videos for each ^^. Strongly recommended.

Don‘t know if this got already recommended here, but this series about CGI in movies and the discourse around is crazy good. Also interesting for people who might already know about how Hollywood tries to hide their usage of VFX, very interesting analysis of movies and their VFX reception; like Top Gun Maverick, Nolan Movies and some Blockbuster movies:

Hell yeah, Indy has always said he wanted to do a week by week series on the Korean War, so this is gonna be so informative.

Just watched this... I don't completely agree with all of the stuff he says about Hello Fresh and VPNs but the stuff about Better Help is way more important anyway. Always seemed kinda fishy (and I've seen a sponsor segment from them more than once) and it seems like it's even worse than it seemed. Low payed employees, shady/intransparent cost breakdowns and a huge privacy nightmare (like selling data to Facebook and Co despite saying they don't) as a bonus.

Just watched this... I don't completely agree with all of the stuff he says about Hello Fresh and VPNs but the stuff about Better Help is way more important anyway. Always seemed kinda fishy (and I've seen a sponsor segment from them more than once) and it seems like it's even worse than it seemed. Low payed employees, shady/intransparent cost breakdowns and a huge privacy nightmare (like selling data to Facebook and Co despite saying they don't) as a bonus.

Im glad I never did better help. To me I think going to the dr and seeking an actual therapist if you need one is the best thing to do. I have had my therapist for about a year and a half and we do telehealth conferences and man it really makes a difference. Better help seems too much like a business then a dedicated therapist, and Yes I know Drs also are in it for the money but idk I think its more legit.

Im glad I never did better help. To me I think going to the dr and seeking an actual therapist if you need one is the best thing to do. I have had my therapist for about a year and a half and we do telehealth conferences and man it really makes a difference. Better help seems too much like a business then a dedicated therapist, and Yes I know Drs also are in it for the money but idk I think its more legit.
I think seperating your everyday life from therapy by physically going somewhere else is probably not a bad idea. But yeah, it's definitely better to get an actual therapist (if available...)!

Watched this with @Phosphorescent Skeleton last night. I'd only ever watched this guy's DK64 stream before. I was shocked by how much it pulled me in. Simply incredible!
You're in for a treat with his entire catalog.
I recommand "Woke Brands" and "Roblox_oof.mp3" (you'll make someone's mother very proud).

A friend recommanded me the "Dark Corner" channel, which is pretty much what if James Rolfe's "Monster Madness" kept going without Screenwave. Even his early videos were very short (like between 3 to 5 minutes) and are now around 25 minutes.

I've been watching quite a bit of RiffTrax riffs and fell in love with Plan 9 From Outer Space. After re-watching the movie quite a lot (Riffed and not riffed), I finally watched Ed Wood and loved it too. And now I'm quite fascinated by Bela Lugosi's story and the Dark Corner channel reminded me how much I loved Monster Madness and I remembered all the details James Rolfe shared about the "Dracula's movie set at Universal" and other things about the Hammer movies.

So I just bought the 1931 Dracula and I'm gonna watch it very soon.

GaMetal is amazing, strongly recommand his channel.

I don't remember if I talked about him already in this thread (if so, sorry !) by Vincent Moretto is quite cool too :

Cover of Berserk : FORCES by Susumu Hirasawa :

Cover of Turrican 1 & 2 Title Theme by Chris Huelsbeck :

Last edited:
I’m usually listening to Gentle Whispering, Gibi, Bluewhisper, Sarah Lavender, Busy B or some other ASMR

You can get the game talked about in the video here.

The solo RPG is a dungeon-crawler where you survive in an endless necropolis and was created by Alex T. and Blackoath Entertainment.

Video is about an hour long so maybe listen to it in the background or watch in in picture-in-picture mode every now and then.

Interesting! I'll give this a watch.

Back
Top Bottom