• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion What are you playing right now?

Playing Eastward right now. I'm enjoying my time with it and its Zelda/Earthbound vibes.

I hope I can beat it by the 8th; otherwise Eastward will be heading to my backlog the minute Metroid Dread delivers to my doorstep.

I'm playing Fire Emblem Three Houses. I got the game on release and played it twice to the 10 hour mark and stopped both times. The story just didn't got me.
However I gave it a third try and now I'm over 20 hours and really enjoying it so far. I really want to beat it this time!

Outer Wilds: Echoes of the Eye - Probably gonna drop this... while I enjoyed a lot about the DLC, the stealth sections are honestly terrible. What a shame.
Deathloop - Great game, but I'll have to get back to it later, because...
The Legend of Heroes: Kuro no Kiseki - ...this has been a very pleasant surprise. Falcom really managed to re-invent the series with this one, and I'm glad that's the case. I'm having a great time!

just finished Lost Judgment and whew what a ride it was! wholeheartedly recommend if you are Yakuza/Judgment fan or if you are looking into getting into a brawler

Playing Eastward right now. I'm enjoying my time with it and its Zelda/Earthbound vibes.

I hope I can beat it by the 8th; otherwise Eastward will be heading to my backlog the minute Metroid Dread delivers to my doorstep.

This is exactly me. Hoping to beat Eastward ahead of Metroid Dread.

Enjoying Eastward! A bit annoyed but the enormous amount of dialogue though, wish it was a tad bit lesser.

Currently in what I believe is the tale end of chapter 3 and I feel half of this chapter has been me trying to focus reading text bubbles.

I finished both Eastward and DEATH LOOP just waiting on Dread atm while playing outer wilds DLC

Suda's The Silver Case, mostly hating it but I decided to go through to the end... Definitely won't bother with The 25th Ward. Should have read the Nintendo Life review before buying (they gave it a 3/10).

Currently between great ace attorney 1 that I just finished and Metroid dread that I can't wait to play.
In the meantime I use the rare gaming time I have trying to get the remaining Green stars and stamps in 3d world.

Got back into MH Rise the last couple of days after taking a break for Skyward Sword and MHS2. Catching up on event quests and trying new weapons is quite fun. Other than that I feel the strong urge to start my yearly replay of BoTW after seeing some clips of it and thinking “holy shit I didn’t know you could do that” but I want to wait for my OLED and after Metroid Dread next week honestly.

In my backlog:
- Age of Calamity
- Cross Code
- Hollow Knight (I’d really like to get trough this game but I’m so fucking bad at it.)
- Blossom Tales

Don’t know where to start.

Castlevania: Circle of the Moon from the Advance Collection

Trying to not get invested into something new with Metroid Dread coming next week.

Still focusing all my attention on Quake Remastered. Sure the multiplayer is great, but if you try to take yourself back to the '90s, then you'd have to imagine what it was like when there really was nothing else like it at the time. The closest thing available was its immediate predecessor, Doom, and unless you operated in a local networked environment like an office, getting multiplayer games going on that required several steps to get going. So Quake with its pace, weaponry, and later fanmade additions including a server browser so you no longer had to input an IP address to enter a server, must have felt so unlike anything else of its era.

Finished Eastward and in absolute shambles 😩 what a fantastic game. Definitely would not recommend it to everyone but I really enjoyed the slice of lifey pacing of some of the chapters where you really just inhabit the various towns and cities you visit, it just came to life for me.

Nothing really lined up now, I didn't really want to buy anything after Deathloop & Eastward until Dread & the oled dropped this month so I'll probably just roll back to Warioware and MH Rise and have fun. I really want to play some Splatoon but worried I'll be devastated after so long away hah

Playing Hot Wheels Unleashed, can't believe how fun this game is. Enjoying the livery system as well, truly toys come to life.

And my annual playthroughs of various Castlevania games for Halloween.

Eastward at the moment. Still need to finish up Skyward Sword and Ys IX. I'm also doing the weekly story missions in Destiny 2.

Illusion of Gaia on my Anbernic and Death's Gambit on Switch. Nice chill weekend before Dread!

Now that it’s October, I’ve started Famicom Detective Club: The Girl Who Stands Behind. I played through the Missing Heir earlier this year, but didn’t want to play them back to back. What better way to start the spookiest month of the year than with a ghost story?

Right now my focus is Bayonetta 1, and i'm thoroughly enjoying it. This game is so much fun. I'm also playing Xenoblade 2 and the Castlevania Collection, Tales of Arise on Series S, with Eastward waiting in the backlog.

Last edited:
Tokyo Mirage Sessions #Fe Encore on Switch
FFXIV on PC
Just bought Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 in the blockbuster sale, and I have Dread and Voice of Cards pre-ordered

I started Teacup which is a narrative driven game with some puzzle solving thrown in. The art style is stunning and what drew me to the game. You're a frog called Teacup who has to gather ingredients for a tea party.

Just wrapped up playing Aria and Harmony for the first time in the collection, and replayed Samus Returns in preparation for Dread.

Now I’m gonna play Castlevania Lament of Innocence via ps3’s PS2 classics.

Just finished a replay of Samus Returns in anticipation for Dread next week. Definitely enjoyed it a decent bit more than on my initially playthrough but I've still got issues with it (controls, length, padding, ending). It's got some of the best boss fights in the series though and looks absolutely stunning with the 3D effect maxed out.

I went back on Civ 6 recently (on Switch) to finish a campaign I'd started earlier this year. I then decided to get the remaining dlc while it was reduced on the eShop, so now I'm on a new campaign as the Maya. It's one of a number of games I like playing in portable mode which will be good on OLED. WarioWare and Islanders will also be good on OLED.

Exciting things to round out the year, too - Dread, SMT V, No More Heroes 3, Advance Wars, Eastward, and maybe more from my wishlist.

Did you like eastward? How long it took for you to beat it?
I liked it a lot! It's really a Zelda-style game with an RPG progression system ie( going from town to town and getting upgrades and such) while they did say it's 30 hours long it can be beaten at like 20 or 18 hours and that's with just the main storyline. Because there are hidden dungeons that grant you extra stuff as well it's really neat.

Playing Bayonetta (1+2) before Dread arrives... Also I put Mario 3D World on pause since the only challenge left is Champion's Road.

Got in a funky retro mood and busted out my old GBA SP for some Super Mario World.

What a timeless game! Still packs so much exhilarating fun on that little cartridge. I love how it's an amazing adventure on its own, but it is in the bonus content, the extra secrets, that the game's magic really lies. I love seeing how some levels are red, and then finding secret exits only to see the world map morph and twist itself to reveal new amazing locations and surprises.

Like, there's this feeling that it never ends, and it's so magical. You get a few extra stages, then you get star world, then special world, then after all 96 exits the entire world transforms and becomes something new again, and then you have all the Yoshi coins to gather on top of that. It's a 10.

Currently switching between Bayonetta 1 and Crash 4. The former to replay the series before 3 releases and have the story fresh. While the latter is as a hold over till Dread releases and the OLED arrives. Though have been getting a tad tired of Crash 4, and have been thinking of starting a replay of CTR soon.

Yesterday, weirdly I dropped all my other games temporarily to play Minecraft for a few hours while painting model kits. (Thanks, vtubers!)

Aside from that, though, I currently have Lost Judgment going on PS5, Deathloop on PC, and... well, I have to make a decision about Switch. I had an A-Train campaign going for a while but I sort of fell off the wagon a few months back, and am now in that limbo state where I don't exactly want to give up on the game, but also want to be realistic about my chances of getting through all the scenarios (I'm somewhere in scenario 4 and can probably finish it on Easy no problem). Meanwhile I have a small stockpile of Switch games even from before A-Train, and the problem has only gotten worse with time.

Finished Aria of Sorrow for the first time just the other day and it was awesome.
Was in the mood for a replay of Symphony of the Night and it was great as always but I gave up after a while because I can't stand inverted castle.

Yesterday played a bit of Wario Ware and Mario Golf on Switch.
Mostly just waiting for Monkey Ball and Metroid like everyone else. Been mostly watching films and tv show this week end to be honest.

I dropped the Outer Wilds DLC, so I've been redoubling on Kuro no Kiseki. It's so nice to be able to say I'm enjoying a Trails title without any major reservations again!

Life is strange true colors
Was gonna wait for the switch release but I needed something to play before Metroid so picked it up.
Really liking it so far. Great characters and I really like the story so far

Finished Ys 9 a couple of weeks ago and now 80% of the way through ni no kuni 2. Saving Eastward for the OLED.

I'm finishing up Eastward.
Been chipping away at the missions in Wario Ware : Get it Together.
Playing through Flynn: Son of Crimson

And last but not least, replaying through Super Metroid which I started for the first time this year but hadn't finished.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. I'm trying to max out my vr points (currently at 26,000). The game loads way too many red shells. :mad:

just started playing Eastward (less than 1h in). My Dread copy will only get here around the 15th (because Brazil), So I think I have plenty of time to beat the game until Metroid.

Daily dose of Animal Crossing and making my way through Ys IX: Monstrum Nox. I'm hoping I can beat Ys before Metroid comes on Friday.

Finally getting into the groove on Grandia 2, also juggling SRWV and Chocobos mystery dungeon everybuddy(switch). My backlog is too big to post XD

I am a few hours away from finishing Psychonauts 2 on my Series X. It is sublime and easily my GOTY. As excited as I am for Metroid Dread, I don’t see anything dethroning it.

Recently I finished Super Metroid on NSO and now, weirdly, I'm playing Mirror's Edge Catalyst on xCloud

I've subscribed to the service a few days ago and in all that catalogue this one was what caught my attention the most, because I really enjoyed the original

I'll try to beat the main story before Dread drops as it will instantly be my priority

I finished Tales of Arise(PC) this weekend and now working on Judgement(Series X). Just playing through the main story on easy so I can start playing Lost Judgement(Series X).

I'm also playing Super Monkey Ball.(PC)

Hades, DBZ Kakarot and MHR. All I got is my switch with me since I'm away from home, and don't have my Xbox or PS4. Gonna get the OLED shipped to where I'm staying since I won't be back home until the new year.

Bonfire Peaks, a block pushing (or crate carrying to be more exact) puzzle game released last Friday. It's great!

I'm around 70 puzzles in, the total being above 200. I don't think I'll be able to beat it before Metroid, but let's see.

Back
Top Bottom