• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion What are you playing right now?

I have four on-going playthroughs at the moment (based on when I started the game):

1. Judgment (PS5)
  2. Celeste (PS4)
  3. Half-Life 2 (PC)
  4. The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (PS2)
Having a hard time juggling all of them though, so I haven't made much progress in any of them to be honest.

Just finished-up Deltarune Chapter 2. Went back to clear the secret boss for Chapter 1 as well, then I realized that I locked myself out of beating the Chapter 2 secret boss already. So a replay is in the cards now. Other than that I've been switching between Mario Kart 8, Monster Hunter Rise, and the Great Ace Attorney collection.

Luigi's Mansion 3. Felt nostalgic for my playthrough a couple years ago when it came out so I started a new file while my wife watches and we sip apple cider.

Splatoon 2, Tetris 99 and Animal Crossing are my constants.

On top of that, I'm slowly going through Mario Galaxy. I completely skipped with Wii at the time, but obviously knew of the game, so it's a mixture of nostalgia and discovery.

Finished Bayo 1 on Normal... 10/10 no complains... Fun and addictive game to replay on hard mode but don't know if tackle it or going directly to Bayo 2.

aW2vpYP.jpg

0zwqwp6.jpg

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Rescue Team DX. Aaayyy! First time clearing Joyous Tower in either the original or DX, and I did it in a single go, without getting rescued at all. Feeling quite good. Weirdly. this was probably harder than Purity Forest, although that might be because Gallade has very limited ranged options, so I had to get desperate creative. Just need to pick off the last few outstanding recruits (Riolu, please!), and I'll have 100%ed the game. Excellent remake, enjoyed every second of it. Even when sweating it out in Joyous Tower. : p

Hello everyone! Got registered in the weekend but I never really got around posting, so here I am now I guess!

I'm currently going through the Diablo 2 Resurrected with a friend, also slowly going through Assassin's Creed Odyssey, the only of the modern AC games I haven't 100%'d yet. These are my main two timewasters atm, though I play plenty of other things for reviews, to try Game Pass stuff, etc.. Neither of those happens on Nintendo, there I'm not using my Switch too much lately - when I am, I'm usually going on with one of the Mario games atm, or playing Mario Kart with friends.

With Eastward out of the way, I got back to Ikenfell last night and polished it off. There was a really cool game, also entirely savage if youre sleepy and miss your button timing for you extra damage/defence on almost every move of the final boss 😅

Since I finished early and have a few days to kill until Dread arrives, I think I'm gonna play some Fantasy Life again!

Playing Neo: The World Ends with You. Still not sure how I feel about it. Game has style, fun battle system and game mechanics… but I’m also finding it to be a bit of a grind? I’m torn still it. I like it, but at the same time it can get repetitive. I am only on day 5 though. Time will tell.

Right now it's AI: Somnium Files. Enjoying it so far and just finished my first branching path. The English voice overs are quite good.

Alternating Deathloop and Aria of Sorrow. Not sure I'll be able to finish both before Dread, but I'll try!

Recently finished Neo The World Ends With You. Really enjoyed it and thought it was a solid sequel. It's a shame that it doesn't appear to have sold all that well, but I'm happy that the game was made, and I think it concludes on a good enough note without many loose ends. I really enjoyed the cast, and the soundtrack is amazingly good.

After that I played through Toem. Can't recommend that one enough. Your character is traveling to experience the Toem phenomenon, armed with their camera. It's almost like an adventure/puzzle game, where there are requests you get, and to solve them you have to take pictures of specific places or characters. Solving X number of requests will let you travel on to the next area. There are also animals that you can take pictures of in the various areas and they are logged as well. It's a very charming game, and visually I thought it looked very nice. It's definitely a short experience (about 4 hours to 100%), but it's a nice game to play through some evening or on a weekend. Just a very positive and pleasant game overall.

Now I'm playing the Sega Picross until Metroid is out. I've been debating getting Eastward, but I don't think I can finish it before Friday, so I'll probably hold off.

Besides my weekly Ring Fit sessions, currently doing my first play through of Super Metroid ahead of Dread’s release, made it up to Maridia so far and yeah, game’s a delight! Can see why it’s reached legend status.

My partner and I got our 3ds out this week and have been playing Fantasy Life again, that game is such a treasure. It manages to capture so much of what I love about dragon quest, final fantasy xiv and level 5's own works, roll it all up in a ball then distill it into a really breezy experience to pick up and play. 7 years later and I would still give it a big thumbs up to try out if you never got to it and especially if you're looking for something fun to play with a small group :)

I've been playing FFXIV since I got it over 2 months ago. I'm already 300 hours in, this game doesn't want to let go of me. And well, I'm mostly playing catch up to the story. Currently in Heavensward and hope to get far in Stormblood by the time the new expansion hits.

I'm planning to play Ace Attorney investigations 2 soon, just need to find time for it between the Final Fantasy sessions. I haven't played on my Switch for a while as well, and I have a huge backlog there.

Coming home from work, didn't have time to boot Monkey Ball yesterday since I received it late in the afternoon, can't wait to be home and launch it.

With Eastward out of the way, I got back to Ikenfell last night and polished it off. There was a really cool game, also entirely savage if youre sleepy and miss your button timing for you extra damage/defence on almost every move of the final boss 😅

Since I finished early and have a few days to kill until Dread arrives, I think I'm gonna play some Fantasy Life again!
did you like Eastward? I'm less than 3hs in but I'm finding it a bit too slow.

My partner and I got our 3ds out this week and have been playing Fantasy Life again, that game is such a treasure. It manages to capture so much of what I love about dragon quest, final fantasy xiv and level 5's own works, roll it all up in a ball then distill it into a really breezy experience to pick up and play. 7 years later and I would still give it a big thumbs up to try out if you never got to it and especially if you're looking for something fun to play with a small group :)

One of my favorite 3DS games for sure. If we had gotten a Switch version, I would have picked that up and put in another 200 hours no problem lol

I just started up Banana Mania yesterday. I’m hoping to get some decent time with it before Friday when I’ll be forced to put it down for a little while!

did you like Eastward? I'm less than 3hs in but I'm finding it a bit too slow.

I did! I loved it actually, I really looked forward to sitting down with it each evening and doing another chunk , unravelling a little more of the mystery and just kind of basking in the visuals and music hah but it is also very slow. I'd very much characterise it as a slice of life, character driven adventure. The developers clearly were intersted in creating their weird quirky world but I think the real love was just spending time with the characters and writing all that character and npc dialogue. I totally get where that could put folks on snooze though if that's just not what they're there for or don't feel invested enough.

One of my favorite 3DS games for sure. If we had gotten a Switch version, I would have picked that up and put in another 200 hours no problem lol
Oh yeah, that would still be incredible tbh and it sometimes feels like Level 5 isn't doing much else these days :( I know they do have things simmering but with yokai watch 4 coming and going without localisation, it's just a bit of a bummer. I would play the whole thing again with minimal bonus content lol

Catherine Full Body.

Midway in the first run, I started on easy given how stressful the blocks puzzle is, i'm trying to answer to the questions with the same logic i'd use in real life which would steer me towards Katherine but she is progressively getting more annoying, to the point i might now just go with Catherine.

I plan to increase the difficulty on future playthroughs to see the other endings.

Just started Bug Fables after getting it in the sale. First impressions are that it's very charming, the only other Paper Mario I've played is Origami King so I don't have a lot to compare it to.

Looking forward to seeing how it looks on the OLED later this week!

I've been playing through the Mega Man Zero/ZX Collection lately. For each game I've done 2 playthroughs, one regular playthrough and then one S rank playthrough.

Currently I'm working on my Zero 4 S rank playthrough, hoping to clear it before Dread arrives.

started baba is you on the weekend. it's good but ow my brain.

otherwise, playing resident evil 5 as one of my month of horror games. hoping to finish it before dread comes out. then there's resident evil 2 remake, re village, carrion, and more.

so far, re5 is definitely a poor man's version of re4. and it's really ugly. the bloom lighting and lack of color and shiny everything does the game a pretty big disservice. the inventory management is weak too. it's like the designers got the general idea of what made re4 work and just decided to do it at a budget level.

Mass Effect 2 (LE) on XSX - about halfway through, and been in limbo since late May

Skyward Sword HD on Switch - about a quarter of the war though, and been in limbo since late July because of the Halo Infinite Tech Preview

Psychonauts 2 on XSX - about 5 hours in, and been in limbo since early September

Deathloop on PS5 - about 5 hours in, and been in limbo for a couple of weeks due to the Halo Infinite Tech Preview

Metroid Dread on Switch (OLED baby!) - is about to keep all of those in limbo for a while longer

I finished Ghost of Tsushima: Director's Cut (platinumed it, but didn't touch the Iki Island DLC yet) on PS5 in September, which had the OG PS4 version in limbo from late April, and am hoping to finish Deathloop and Psychonauts before Forza Horizon 5 hits. With Halo Infinite on the horizon though, some of these might be left behind in the backlog for quite some time. 32 does not a game completetionist make.

Metroid Fusion, Yakuza Zero, Tales of Symphonia, Street Fighter II: The New Challengers and Skyrim.

Finished NMH3 on Sunday so now just ACNH and picross until Dread on Sunday. Sunday is like my only gaming day with how much I'm working so I can only play ACNH and picross while commuting but running out of picross titles on Switch.

Kena: Bridge of Spirits

It’s a great game. Kinda weird contrast between the chill areas you explore and the Dark Souls style boss fights though. At the final boss now and I feel like the difficulty is way too high for the type of game this is.

Back
Top Bottom