• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion What are you playing right now?

Magic-Man

Perseus Jackson
Pronouns
He/Him
Yes, you. Yes, right now. Well, maybe not right now, but you get the point.

I'm currently getting back into Super Smash Bros Ultimate, after not playing for more than five minutes in two years. Right now I'm getting my ass handed to me by King Dedede in World of Light. Screw this asshole.

What are you playing?

I pulled Atelier Ryza back out of the backlog. I stopped at around 9 hours in. I checked online and I guess it takes on average of 27 hours to beat it so I’m just gonna hunker down and make it through. My wife is constantly rolling her eyes when I play it.

Right now it is all about Death Stranding. Hopefully I can finish before next Friday

Slogging my way through Harmony of Dissonance, after which I'll probably do Aria of Sorrow. Just in time for Dread next week.

No More Heroes. The first one. I actually have the whole series and really need to get around to finishing it.

I found myself a good rhythm with MH Rise and I'm starting 7* quests, but good lord that Anjanath fight just absolutely decimated me

I’m in a holding pattern until Monkey Ball and Dread come out next week. So it’s just Super Rush or some Clubhouse Games for now.

Finally finishing up Xenoblade Definitive Edition. I beat the main game last year but stopped right before the end of Futures Connected. Picked it up the other day, finished FC, and just finished restoring Colony 6.

I love fighting Anjanath. Especially with the hammer, it's so satisfying whacking his stupid nose bone thingy.

Ooh, maybe that's what I need to switch up. I've honestly been using dual blades for about 98% of my quests and occasionally going back to switch axe, but I'll try crafting a Water hammer and see if that can change things up! Honestly I haven't used the hammer since Tri

Ooh, maybe that's what I need to switch up. I've honestly been using dual blades for about 98% of my quests and occasionally going back to switch axe, but I'll try crafting a Water hammer and see if that can change things up! Honestly I haven't used the hammer since Tri
The second I saw silkbind attacks I knew I had to learn the hammer. Just the raw impact of launching yourself into the air to smash something with a hammer on your way down it's incredibly satisfying.

Here's me wailing on Anja:

The second I saw silkbind attacks I knew I had to learn the hammer. Just the raw impact of launching yourself into the air to smash something with a hammer on your way down it's incredibly satisfying.

Holy SHIT that looks satisfying.

Gonna learn the hammer for realsies now, that looks so goddamn fun.

I was playing Silent Hill 2 these days (first time). Finished yesterday. Loved it.

Just finished Harmony of Dissonance and uhhh... That sure was a game. Very, very underwhelming and confusing all the way through.

Like, I was sure they would touch on Juste looking and acting like a vampire at some point but nope.

Very slowly making my way through The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles. Just finished the second case for the first game - I'm having a good time even though the pacing is a bit weird. I'm enjoying myself though!

I love fighting Anjanath. Especially with the hammer, it's so satisfying whacking his stupid nose bone thingy.
I happen to be somewhat of a bonker myself

Actually I use greatsword exclusively, but a bonk is a bonk I always say

Ni No Kuni

This game continues to vex me in that it's not bad enough that I want to quit, but also not good enough that I want to play

Mario+Rabbids and what a great surprise it has been.
God I LOVE this game

I got it day one and I still play it from time to time. The DK DLC is a whole second game.

Currently working towards 100% just because I love playing it so much!

God I LOVE this game

I got it day one and I still play it from time to time. The DK DLC is a whole second game.

Currently working towards 100% just because I love playing it so much!
Damn. I wish I had bought the DLC while it was on sale. Next time.

Here's me wailing on Amja:

The real power move here is that Anjanath isn't even the hunt. He's just doing it because he can.

So I had been working on Ikenfell, which is a very nice cosy paper mario like pixel art indie jrpg set in a magic school where things have mysteriously gone wrong and it's up to you to find your sister and find out why. It gets extra points and being very inclusive and diverse with it's cast and subject matter. It doesn't beat you over the head but it sends the right vibes out into the world and is a great game to boot.

However, I had to put it up to play Eastward! Which has been getting my undivided attention on switch because it's so damn good. Don't think I need to say much about this one since it's been spotlighted by Nintendo pretty extensively but its like a dream for me.

Other little things are picking up Warioware here and there, just a fun game to fill dull moments, and also working on getting HR100 in Rise with a buddy. We just do a few hours each weekend but it's a great time. Last time Apex Rathian and it's venom really pushed us 😅

I've mostly been playing WarioWare since it released, but yesterday I've played the Voice of Cards demo. Really like the presentation and the overall vibe of it and I'm pretty sure I have to pick it up once it releases. Resolution in handheld mode could be a bit better, though, for readability of the cards alone.

The real power move here is that Anjanath isn't even the hunt. He's just doing it because he can.
Nah I didn't do that just because I could, I did it because it's so much fun beating on that goober.

Nah I didn't do that just because I could, I did it because it's so much fun beating on that goober.

Haha for sure, Anjanath is great, and his armor is pretty sick too. I was going to mention I play hammer too, but after watching your video I'm not sure i can say I do. I equip it and get by? Something like that 😂

Hell yeah! Hammer is great. I used it at first and loved it. Then I fell in love with the Gunlance…
Holy SHIT that looks satisfying.

Gonna learn the hammer for realsies now, that looks so goddamn fun.
It’s fun and relatively easy, plus you get to do BIG damage and see BIG numbers flying around. Which, frankly, is the best feeling in games.

Immortals Fenyx Rising
The Artful Escape
Avengers

All on Xbox Series X. Likely won't touch my Switch until Metroid Dread.

Port Samus Returns to Switch, cowards.

Replaying Metroid Fusion to get ready for Dread.
Final Fantasy IX.
Ninja Gaiden 2 (non-sigma version) via Xbox BC.

holy moley ... its been a busy late summer / autumn for having zero time, but here goes:

1 - im into case 3? i think of the great ace attorney chronicles
2 - i've beaten circle of the moon and just moved on harmony of dissonance on castlevania advance collection
3 - as of this morning, been plowing my way through super monkey ball banana mania
4 - checking in every week and sometimes for the challenges in warioware get it together
5 - cleaning up the highest difficulty medals in cruisn blast
6 - been a while, but still trying to get some pokemon unite matches in
7 - oh yah i also started eastward

2021 has been an absurd year so far and with metroid next week its not slowing down ...

Mainly just going through GAA and having a great time with it. Although I do have Nier Replicant in the backburner and maybe I should get to those...

Been checking out Xenoblade Definitive Edition since I haven't played the original in a while.
Been on Final Fantasy XIV daily though, to prepare for Endwalker next month.

Yes, you. Yes, right now. Well, maybe not right now, but you get the point.

I'm currently getting back into Super Smash Bros Ultimate, after not playing for more than five minutes in two years. Right now I'm getting my ass handed to me by King Dedede in World of Light. Screw this asshole.

What are you playing?
Currently I am holding up with Guild Wars 2 still. But planning to start with Dread next week. Also I probably go back to Smash with the last character joins the fray :D.

Tales of Arise - 30 hours in, really liking it, it gets pretty messed up. Its hilariously bad at telling its story, however, and I worry it's not equipped to handle the themes it invokes

Monster Hunter Stories 2 - I like it, but the length of battles makes it hard to play as much of it as I want. Hoping to get done with it soon, but I still have 10-15 hours of this left I think

Actraiser Renaissance - First time playing anything from this series. It's freakishly addictive, I like it a lot

Atm playing Animal Crossing on the switch, Final Fantasy I pixel remaster on Steam and Fantasian on iOS.

Right now nothing but Hot Wheels Unleashed! I absolutely love this game. Not a single downside i can think of, despite being a toy car racing game i found the gameplay super satisfying.

I am trying my best to finally finish Skyward Sword. I think I'm almost done.

People like to bring up how much it sucks to fight the imprisoned more than once forget to mention how many times you also have to fight Ghirahim which also kinda sucks

I am playing pathfinder:kingmaker, which I think will take me a bit to beat. After that it will be FFXIV endwalker. Once those two are out of the way prolly going to pick up Metroid:Dread.

Lake on XSX. The game isn’t well optimized or anything but there’s a charm to a life on the lake delivering letters and parcels to the community that’s lovely.

Street of Rage 4... I had it for a while and decided to give it a go today and well, I ended up playing for hours and finishing the story mode with all the starter characters. I wonder how many unlockable characters from the previous games are there .

Steins;Gate My Darlings Embrace

Wanted to play something light and this fits the bill. Still fun. Kurisu <3

The World Ends With You: Final Remix. Just grinding my DEF to beat the ultimate enemy on the harder difficulties. Then I'm done.

I am playing Persona 5. I mean, I started playing, then I stopped because I got too busy, but you get the idea.

Learning how I suck at MH Rise in 30 secs 😂

Playing A Link Between Worlds trying to finish off my 3DS backlog. Finished 3D Land earlier in the year, and a chunk of 3D World on Wii U after. Although I wasn't motivated to keep going on 3D World after opening up the "bonus" levels.

holy moley ... its been a busy late summer / autumn for having zero time, but here goes:

1 - im into case 3? i think of the great ace attorney chronicles
2 - i've beaten circle of the moon and just moved on harmony of dissonance on castlevania advance collection
3 - as of this morning, been plowing my way through super monkey ball banana mania
4 - checking in every week and sometimes for the challenges in warioware get it together
5 - cleaning up the highest difficulty medals in cruisn blast
6 - been a while, but still trying to get some pokemon unite matches in
7 - oh yah i also started eastward

2021 has been an absurd year so far and with metroid next week its not slowing down ...
This year has been so good.

Dragon Quest 11 S on switch, its the first game that I've jumped into this year, I haven't played much over the last two years.

Back
Top Bottom