• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

NSO Wave Race 64 coming to NSO August 19 (out now!)

Wave Race: Blue Storm making a comeback would be sweet if it means we get the condescending announcer again

For anyone interested, Digital Foundry had a video on Wave Race some years ago

They go into the technique used to make the water effects in the game. It also goes a little into on the difficulties in bringing this game into HD. Basically, the wave mesh renders around the racer. On a CRTV, this mesh more smoothly blends in with the rest of the level environments. But in HD, the player can more easily see the distinction between the wave mesh forming around the player and the environment. It's a neat video that goes into how the games were made to adapt to the technology of the time.

I don't think I've touched NSO since Kirby 64 but I'll definitely give this a spin when it drops

Gonna grab the japanese version to get rumble support, I wish Nintendo made it available in all regions as an option like they do 50hz PAL and 60 Hz NTSC in EU+ NSO.

But hey, it’s still great that there’s a way to play it legitimately

If Nintendo doesn’t slow down I’m going to have to throw my PS5 in the trash.

I can’t keep up with everything coming out.
They have been consistent with the N64 releases. One game per month is a great flow with some work being done to fix glaring issues on already released games when the issue is brought to their attention.

They have been consistent with the N64 releases. One game per month is a great flow with some work being done to fix glaring issues on already released games when the issue is brought to their attention.
Oh yeah I mean that one game per month on top of Xenoblade, Live A Live, Kirby, Splatoon, Bayonetta, Pokemon…

Gonna grab the japanese version to get rumble support, I wish Nintendo made it available in all regions as an option like they do 50hz PAL and 60 Hz NTSC in EU+ NSO.

Huh, I could have sworn I was playing a rumbly version all that time back in the day 🤔

strong F-Zero (not F-Zero X) vibes from this game
oh fuck you're right

I've always been an F-ZERO SNES enjoyer and this scratches that control itch in 3D

I'm sorry, WHAT
The use of BVO as a food additive has been banned in Japan since 2010.
There are case reports of adverse effects associated with excessive consumption of BVO-containing products. One case reported that a man who consumed two to four liters of a soda containing BVO on a daily basis experienced memory loss, tremors, fatigue, loss of muscle coordination, headache, and ptosis of the right eyelid, as well as elevated serum chloride.[25] In the two months it took to correctly diagnose the problem, the patient also lost the ability to walk.

Interestingly, it seems that companies have been removing the compound as the issue has become better known. Fanta itself seems to use an alternative emulsifier now:

holy shit I forgot how good the water looks in this game, especially considering it's an N64 launch title

Back
Top Bottom