• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Visions of Mana announced for PS4/5/Xbox Series and Steam (2024)

I better see this during Switch 2's reveal event.

Also, Nintendo, get the message already, thirds would likely want to announce things, so play along a little.

I better see this during Switch 2's reveal event.

Also, Nintendo, get the message already, thirds would likely want to announce things, so play along a little.
I can actually see Nintendo actually doing "this year will ne reveale the Next Switch" so that TP can say "yes our game is also coming to the next Switch"

Since the trailer already have a french trailer with the trailer text in french, I guess the game isn't that far from completion.

And another Mana game in French. I wish I could tell my younger self that it does get better in the future.

Gorgeous, gorgeous visuals. Gameplay didn't look too hot but it's early to tell. Digging the (likely) focus on exploration and again, that art... The money shot was the village with the pyre if you ask me, incredible atmosphere. Fire particles and smoke everywhere coupled with a beautiful, deep violet-ish blue starry sky.

Lastly, I'm just glad to see Square Enix throw their weight behind their successful AA projects and give them a bigger dev. budget, just like they did for Octopath 2 earlier this year.

(And sorry but the platform talk is a bunch of non-sense. No shit this is also coming to Nintendo's next-gen system, either day 1 or as a late port. Can't wait to agonize over whether I should pick it up on PS5 or on "Switch 2")

This is a shoe-in into Switch 2, yeah. Seems like devs are more than ready to abandon Switch hardware, even with the install base, due to the console performance. While PS4, despite shrinking install base and basically no hardware sales, still get the game due to Japan software situation and the fact the hardware is strong enough to accommodate the game without much sacrifices. Nintendo better be ready to release their next machine, otherwise they will be left to the dust.

This is a shoe-in into Switch 2, yeah. Seems like devs are more than ready to abandon Switch hardware, even with the install base, due to the console performance. While PS4, despite shrinking install base and basically no hardware sales, still get the game due to Japan software situation and the fact the hardware is strong enough to accommodate the game without much sacrifices. Nintendo better be ready to release their next machine, otherwise they will be left to the dust.
I don't think Mana team as a studio who abandons the platform their game sold best on just because it's technically insufficient. This game looks like it can run on Switch with minimal sacrifices. I think they just didn't want this on a Nintendo system, that's all. Similar to Valkyrie Profile Elysium.

I don't think Mana team as a studio who abandons the platform their game sold best on just because it's technically insufficient. This game looks like it can run on Switch with minimal sacrifices. I think they just didn't want this on a Nintendo system, that's all. Similar to Valkyrie Profile Elysium.
"Minimal sacrifices" Are we looking at the same thing? Regardless, they will abandon the platform they best sold in when said platform can't support their vision. The developers don't want to sacrifice their vision and make concessions so that a Switch version happen and that's fine. It's Nintendo job to provide an adequate hardware for these games to run without expensive rework.

Also am I seeing this right, coming to PS4 but not Xbox One? If this doesn't release on a Switch I'm gonna be in trouble 😅
This coming to PS4 but not Xbox 1 makes me think that Xbox SX port was requested personally by Phil. They did unveil a future partnership recently with a handshake, didn't they? I'm guessing this game was planned to be a Playstation exclusive before the Xbox deal.

Also am I seeing this right, coming to PS4 but not Xbox One? If this doesn't release on a Switch I'm gonna be in trouble 😅
It's not coming to Switch, yes. PS4/PS5, XSeries S|X and PC for now. Maybe a Nintendo platform will be added once Nintendo announce something next year.

"Minimal sacrifices" Are we looking at the same thing? Regardless, they will abandon the platform they best sold in when said platform can't support their vision. The developers don't want to sacrifice their vision and make concessions so that a Switch version happen and that's fine. It's Nintendo job to provide an adequate hardware for these games to run without expensive rework.

No. All games should be made for Switch first otherwise the devs should not be making games in Japan. Like come on. Game from Japan and Nintendo. Why would the devs not be patriotic?

Environments look great, character models retain the somewhat plasticky look from the Trails remake but it works. And yeah, pretty obvious why this isn't coming to base Switch lol

Looking at this makes me want to pick ToM back up again and continue where I left off. I played a bit then put it down when some things came up and never got back to it lol.

Anyway, depending on both when Nintendo announces the Switch 2 and whenever SE reveals the release date I could see this being either a launch title or late port.

Split between "looks cool" and disappointment that I guess proper multiplayer Mana is always just going to be a hallmark of its SNES period?

Split between "looks cool" and disappointment that I guess proper multiplayer Mana is always just going to be a hallmark of its SNES period?
its design better facilitated it, I guess. wanting to accommodate multiplayer in a full 3D game might make the game design more limited. similar to why Tales dropped it

I mean if Switch 2 doesn't even get AA games like Visions of Mana coming to the system that would spell terrible things to come for third party support on Switch 2. I don't rule it out happening but if it does then we can forget all the talk about increased third party support on Switch 2, it will be the same situation or worse than Switch with mostly indies and late ports years after release on other consoles.

I mean if Switch 2 doesn't even get AA games like Visions of Mana coming to the system that would spell terrible things to come for third party support on Switch 2. I don't rule it out happening but if it does then we can forget all the talk about increased third party support on Switch 2, it will be the same situation or worse than Switch with mostly indies and late ports years after release on other consoles.
I think it's way too early to be worrying about what games will and won't be on the Switch 2. What I can say though is that SE has been one of the best third party partners for the Switch when it comes to A and AA support and it's hard for me to see that petering out next gen.

I dont know what it is.

I will keep an kene eye on this, but it also kinda looks... unambitious in a certain way.

Not talking about scope, the world looks good, technically i did not even expect this. But world building, character designes, gameplay... it looked to much "how would secret of mana look if the remake would have had a proper budget from the start instead of the mobile port", and not "thats the NEW mana going forward".

Kinda if FF fell off, then they made a 1-3 remake, and then the new big budget mana game focuses on the warrior/black mage/white mage classes with chaos in the wind fortress.
The bosses, because of that, feel less "grand"/leave less of an impression then the ones in Sword of Mana to me, and that was a GBA game, they seem more like the Legend of Mana bosses.

I will keep an eye on this and am confident that if its 80%+ on switch 2 that i will be there in launch period. But im not really hyped as it is.

Oh, and the huge open fields kinds looked...empty. hope it changes till release (or that it looks bigger and more open then it is)

Square Enix in a years time ''Visions of Mana is simply too ambitious to be released on Switch 2, take a port of our 90s game instead Nintendo''.

Every console has a rough start as publishers cannot foresee the success of the console. Doesn't matter if the console maker coming off of a highly successful console. Most ports for the successor in its first year will be Nintendo backed and Nintendo might go for the games that matter more, like FF7R or FF16.

But this skipping successor does not mean the successor won't have any Mana games. It most definitely will. Especially after Visions has abysmal sales on current consoles.

Every console has a rough start as publishers cannot foresee the success of the console. Doesn't matter if the console maker coming off of a highly successful console. Most ports for the successor in its first year will be Nintendo backed and Nintendo might go for the games that matter more, like FF7R or FF16.

But this skipping successor does not mean the successor won't have any Mana games. It most definitely will. Especially after Visions has abysmal sales on current consoles.
Not really every console, i mean Playstation and Xbox get automatic support just by brand name alone. Nintendo on the other hand seems to start from scratch every generation, with third party support only coming when the system has tens of millions large player base, and even then the support is pretty much terrible compared to other consoles. Not only does Nintendo never get AAA releases, it often doesn't even get AA games on the platform.

Square Enix in a years time ''Visions of Mana is simply too ambitious to be released on Switch 2, take a port of our 90s game instead Nintendo''.
oh god but what if that 90s game was Chrono Trigger 👀

i mean Playstation and Xbox get automatic support just by brand name alone
PS3 had a very rough start in its first year, Xbox was even beating it on JRPG front. PS4 was much better in comparison due to fact it became much easier to port games from PC. PSP and Vita on the other hand, were no different than Nintendo early on. Many PSP third party games backed by Sony, such as Crisis Core, MGS or GTA.

PS3 had a very rough start in its first year, Xbox was even beating it on JRPG front. PS4 was much better in comparison due to fact it became much easier to port games from PC. PSP and Vita on the other hand, were no different than Nintendo early on. Many PSP third party games backed by Sony, such as Crisis Core, MGS or GTA.
But what we class as great support is very different when it comes to Nintendo vs Playstation. For Nintendo great third party support mostly means that it gets lots of indies and very old ports, while great third party support for Playstation means day and date releases of almost every big and medium sized game made every year by third party developers.

Seriously one of the most gorgeous games shown at the show. Stuff like this needs more recognition and praise, perfectly marrying a look driven by art direction with technological prowess that uplifts the art rather than steering it towards muddy realism. This is what I imagined games could look like in the future in the PS2 era.

80% of this thread is talking about how it's not on switch instead of the game lol
This was one of the rare third party JRPG's Nintendo published twice. First one even technically made by Nintendo, Sword of Mana, makers Brownie Brown is now a part of Nintendo family. Mana is as close to Nintendo as it can get.

First one even technically made by Nintendo, Sword of Mana, makers Brownie Brown is now a part of Nintendo family.
Well, not quite. What was once Brownie Brown split up. What remains with Nintendo is support studio 1-Up Studio. What left became Brownies and makes things like Egglia.

People should try the Trials of Mana remake if they haven't already. It's definitely a "budget" title but it plays nice and looks nice, even on Switch. It's a fun, light-hearted adventure that doesn't take too long. My only real issue is that the companion AI is a little dumb and they can be a hinderance during boss battles.

This was one of the rare third party JRPG's Nintendo published twice. First one even technically made by Nintendo, Sword of Mana, makers Brownie Brown is now a part of Nintendo family. Mana is as close to Nintendo as it can get.
Ok sword of mana is not the first mana game but a remake of the first one, the og was on game boy, but yes I know nintendo has history with this series

Ok sword of mana is not the first mana game but a remake of the first one, the og was on game boy, but yes I know nintendo has history with this series
No not THE first Mana, the first Mana game published by Nintendo. They have published two in the west: Sword of Mana and Children of Mana.

Mana joins the short list of JRPG's Nintendo published in west: Dragon Quest, Final Fantasy and Tales of.

Any publisher doubting a Nintendo handheld is a fool

The game will come around, don't worry about it. I believe games not coming to Nintendo consoles during the PS1 era was due to some bad bloods and of course the storage medium. The thing is though, the Mana series died when it was on Playstation consoles (Dawn of Mana).

For the portable games:

Sword of Mana (GBA) - 280K (VGChartz)
Children of Mana (Mana DS) - 480K (VGChartz)
Heroes of Mana (DS) - 178K (Google Search)

Not bad for a low budget portable game tbh. Trials of Mana breathe new life to the series.

Yall help me out, I can't tell if it's is a bit or not. Are some of us actually thinking this game is skipping Nintendo as opposed to just keeping quiet about coming to Switch 2 for the moment?

Back
Top Bottom