• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Visions of Mana announced for PS4/5/Xbox Series and Steam (2024)

Bokuringo

Like Like
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him

p5_2-jv3h4zi4d.jpeg

p4_1-8nt3e9iv7.jpeg

p4_2-zqog8jgat.jpeg

p6_3-53gr1i892.jpeg

p5_3-0aick3gia.jpeg

p6_1-weq205iva.jpeg

p6_2-hxt874gx9.jpeg

p4_3-hudf2in20.jpeg

Last edited:
looks amazing. they're really putting the budget behind this. hope they learned from their recent AA failures to make this a success

I don't want to get on Drake talk, but I think it's a shoe-in given how much the recent revival is owed to Nintendo versions

Everything you need to know
Here’s a sight for sore eyes if you’re Mana fan - we’re excited to announce an entirely new entry in the series coming in 2024: Visions of Mana!

This beautiful new game is the first mainline instalment in the Mana series in over 15 years and returns to its action-RPG roots for an expansive, vibrant adventure across a semi-open field.

You can get a look at what to expect in the new trailer or read on and we’ll tell you all about this exciting and vibrant new adventure!

What is Visions of Mana?​

You take the role of Val - a curious and carefree young man who lives in the Fire Village of Tianeea.

Once every four years, the Faerie visits regions of the world to choose alms - people who are fated to travel to the Tree of Mana, which presides over the world’s vital flow of mana. Val invites his childhood friend to a festival to welcome the visitor, but as the night falls, the sky lights up with sparkling lights and the Faerie chooses her as the alm.

With the blessings of his village, Val sets out on a journey to accompany his friend to the Tree of Mana as her soul guard.

What is Visions of Mana?​

You take the role of Val - a curious and carefree young man who lives in the Fire Village of Tianeea.

Once every four years, the Faerie visits regions of the world to choose alms - people who are fated to travel to the Tree of Mana, which presides over the world’s vital flow of mana. Val invites his childhood friend to a festival to welcome the visitor, but as the night falls, the sky lights up with sparkling lights and the Faerie chooses her as the alm.

With the blessings of his village, Val sets out on a journey to accompany his friend to the Tree of Mana as her soul guard.

These vast areas are packed with secrets to discover and enemies to battle, from fan-favorite staples like Rabites to brand-new monsters. As is tradition for the Mana series, the party-based combat is real-time and fast-paced, with lots of strategic depth - you’ll have to watch your enemies and your environment to prevail in these thrilling skirmishes.

Who’s making Visions of Mana?​

If you’re wondering who’s behind this new game, then wonder no more. This new game is being worked on by a talented and experienced team of creators who know the Mana series inside and out, including:

• Producer: Masaru Oyamada (Secret of Mana 2018, Trials of Mana 2020, Legend of Mana 2021 and more)
  • Sound: Hiroki Kikuta (Secret of Mana 1993, Trials of Mana 1995, Trials of Mana 2020 and more), Tsuyoshi Sekito (Secret of Mana 2018, Trials of Mana 2020, Echoes of Mana and more), Ryo Yamazaki (Trials of Mana 2020, Echoes of Mana)
  • Character Design: HACCAN (Adventures of Mana, Secret of Mana 2018, Trials of Mana 2020)
  • Monster illustrations: Airi Yoshioka (Dawn of Mana, Children of Mana, Heroes of Mana)
  • Series monster design supervision: Koichi Ishii (GREZZO Co., Ltd.)

Sorry, Secret of Mana remake. Released for Vita and PS4.
I think Secret skipped Switch since it had just previously been released as part of the Mana Collection, which was Switch exclusive.

Collection of Mana- 2017
Mana HD- 2018 (just 8 months after Collection)
Trials- 2020

Ah so we’re entering that fun window of nothing being announced for Nintendo till the new system is revealed in a couple months and everything is in that trailer

Yeah, Switch dying long before the successor is out while PS4 gets to live 4 years after its successor launched just doesn't feel fair. And it's the only handheld console out there.
TGA has always been dire for Switch games even when the system was in it's prime.

Oh wow, that looks... Amazing?

This is what people want from your AAA output, SE. Not whatever the hell you've been doing.

Loooove that key art 😍 🌳
Instantly transports me back to the SNES game box vibe.

And 100% gonna be on Switch 2, announced by end of 2024, guaranteed!

it's probably coming to drake given how nintendo partnered with them in the past
If they partnered with Nintendo on this Nintendo definitely would have wanted it on Switch. They'd rather have something like FF7 remakes of FF16 for the successor instead.

I'd love to be wrong but I don't think this is coming to successor exclusively, it really doesn't make any sense.

If they partnered with Nintendo on this Nintendo definitely would have wanted it on Switch. They'd rather have something like FF7 remakes of FF16 for the successor instead.

I'd love to be wrong but I don't think this is coming to successor exclusively, it really doesn't make any sense.
I think SE is expecting more out of this game, especially going by the visuals. it's a massive step up over Trials of Mana, so SE probably wants to target a Nintendo platform but not spend extra money shaving it down. luckily Drake is right there and Nintendo gets a next-gen exclusive to help sell the platform

I think SE is expecting more out of this game, especially going by the visuals. it's a massive step up over Trials of Mana, so SE probably wants to target a Nintendo platform but not spend extra money shaving it down. luckily Drake is right there and Nintendo gets a next-gen exclusive to help sell the platform
I don't think "extra money" would be that much for a game like this and Nintendo would have loved to provide that, as they did many times before. 2024 is still pretty empty in terms of Switch releases and Nintendo is in "we'll take whatever we get" mood right now.

Also way too many games get "probably coming to Switch 2 instead" comments. I really doubt the successor will have such explosive launch with gajillion games. We didn't have such launch for 3DS, we didn't for Switch either. I feel the successor launch is gonna disappoint a lot of people.

since this is SE, I definitely don't think Switch is in the cards. they're usually the first to know and develop for NIntendo
That's why I said "a Nintendo system". This has a strong chance of being their first title announced for the next platform much like Octopath Traveler was with Switch.

I don't think "extra money" would be that much for a game like this and Nintendo would have loved to provide that, as they did many times before. 2024 is still pretty empty in terms of Switch releases and Nintendo is in "we'll take whatever we get" mood right now.

Also way too many games get "probably coming to Switch 2 instead" comments. I really doubt the successor will have such explosive launch with gajillion games. We didn't have such launch for 3DS, we didn't for Switch either. I feel the successor launch is gonna disappoint a lot of people.
nintendo pays for marketing support and distribution rather than development costs. and given how this looks, it would take a bit of work if the game was never scoped for switch in teh first place.

I don't believe Nintendo is in a "take whatever" mood. they're too busy prepping for a new system. if anything, they'll want more for that than they would for switch

sure you can say that about a lot of games, but to say that about a series that had an exclusive retro collection and Nintendo marketing (and I think distribution) on a game that sold best on switch (or very near it) in a genre that favors Nintendo systems over other, that's betting against the house, methinks. Mana has traditionally favored Nintendo, and I don't see that changing

I'm sorry, but I have to call BS on this statement; Nintendo has always championed the lesser known franchises like SMT, SaGa, and Mana. Rather then making such definitive statements maybe it'll be better to wait and see what Nintendo does when they announce the Switch's successor.

Mana has traditionally favored Nintendo, and I don't see that changing
They literally released Secret of Mana remake for Vita and PS4 but not Switch. Everyone was so sure that a Switch version would arrive later but that didn't happened. It's totally in the realm of possibilities for this game to skip the successor.

They literally released Secret of Mana remake for Vita and PS4 but not Switch. Everyone was so sure that a Switch version would arrive later but that didn't happened. It's totally in the realm of possibilities for this game to skip the successor.
This is still a PS4 game, which at this point is strictly a concession to the Japanese market since the rest of the world has already transitioned to PS5. This being a PS4 game also means that there should be no technical difficulties that would prevent this game from releasing on the next Switch. The inclusion of Xbox platforms also indicates that SE is willing to put this game on every console that can support it.

Your reasoning would require that SE makes the intentional decision to support an older platform for the Japanese market but not the leader of that market, and also support every other platform except that one. I somewhat disagree with that logic.

This looks thrilling. I enjoyed Trials of Mana , so sign me up for this day 1. Got me thinking about getting a Xbox to see this in 4k.

two lukewarmly received remakes that came before everything else isn't going to be a good measure of support. Switch got a collection of the first three games, the previously PS1-only Legend of Mana, and the remake of Trials of Mana since. that's more telling

I really don't think we have to worry about this game not coming to the Switch 2. It's coming. The series got a lot of love on the Switch so they know there is some demand for it on a Nintendo platform.

Gorgeous game, graphical leap here reminds me a lot of the one Tales took between Berseria and Arise.

I need to get around to playing some of the OG Mana games through the collection.

Looks good to me! Enjoyed Trials and this trailer seemed packs to nods to SoM too. Hopefully we’ll see it on the next Nintendo console, but I’m just pleased to see the series continue regardless. There’s always a place for Mana’s more lighthearted fantasy amidst the more angsty ones.

very good jump compared to the last one, in terms of project values
too bad it's skipping Switch - this is worrisome

Back
Top Bottom